Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 7:18 PM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm going to be generous and pretend that the decision to call it Milky Holmes was made by some idiot in management - and not the producers.

Still, this season was a disappointment overall, and the finale sucked. We never even got to hear all the voices from the previous seasons one last time, so what was the point of bring them back in the first place only to say one or two lines In the episode before the finale? They should've saved them for this episode.

4/10
IconicSep 29, 2013 7:22 PM
Sep 29, 2013 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
How fast pace it is.
the Milky Holmes fans were completely disappointed of this show huh?
the one who ruined the show were the Feathers while the Milky Holmes carried out this show.

I hate Kazumi, she is too bland and cliche type character, she looks very unattractive and boring.
I don`t hate Alice because i like her appearance though.

Overall score : 6/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 30, 2013 2:14 AM
Sep 2013
Futari wa Milky Holmes seems like a hmm... a fanfiction written by a fan who wants to be a detective. I mean the one who wrote this are Kazumi and Alice. I think the story is a little bit okay but err... it become so short its like we are fast-forwarding the show. I think it is better if the Milky holmes are directly guiding the two aspiring detectives and of course they should show why detectives and thieves exist right? err.. I think in the previous episodes they were talking about it.. ( correct me if I'm wrong) well somethings are not yet clear.. yet so I think there will be another season of this.. but this is just my opinion, everyone has their opinion and I respect it.

I rate it as 6/10.
Sep 30, 2013 2:15 AM

Jun 2011
As far as I'm concerned this show never happened, this was just some random anime with a random name and random characters.
This took the enjoyment out of one of my favorite comedic anime and they slapped me in the face with this garbage.
I think the producers should apologize to the fans of what we used to love. It's suck a shame with what they did with this show.
Sep 30, 2013 6:49 AM

Aug 2011
Still better than the original Milky Holmes.
Sep 30, 2013 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
StrawHat_ said:
Still better than the original Milky Holmes.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!??!!
Sep 30, 2013 9:06 AM

Jun 2013
Well that was pretty disappointing

I was giving it my usual 7/10, it lost some points now
Sep 30, 2013 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
Okay there is something wrong about this...
It is dark and Cordelia isn't freaking out. Also, the rest of the milkies aren't their usual selves. Someone must have slipped Ritalin in their veggies. I miss my ADD Milky Holmes! <.<
Sep 30, 2013 5:39 PM

Jan 2012
2/10. Never happened, never acknowledged.

Alice is cute though, Shion you siscon!
Kazumi is mad ugly.
Oct 1, 2013 5:11 AM

Jun 2012
I have lowered my expectations since the first episode. And in the end, it still managed to go even lower than that.

Here's a summary of my feelings for the entire series:

1. Changing main characters is never a good idea
  2. The new main characters are boring. Black is especially despicable.
  3. The new villains are shallow.
  4. The Milkies' personality are unrecognizable.
  5. The only reason the Milkies being here is to brainwash the old fans to like the Feathers. It failed.
  6. They should have advertised this as a spin-off from the start instead of being a season 3.
  7. They shouldn't have altered the timeline for the main series.
  8. They shouldn't have bothered with a serious Milky Holmes in the first place, after Alternative's miserable sales.
  9. The story is bland and generic like your average shonen series.
  10. The action scenes consists of only shooting the bad guy with an arrow. Every time.
  11. The comedy they promised before is non-existent.
  12. The serious drama is cheesy and forced.
  13. The art feels cheap. Especially the new designs of the Milkies. Especially Sheryl's eyes.
  14. The music needs variation other than smooth piano for every situation.
  15. Unlike Alternative, there is no actual detectiving here.
  16. Unlike the main series, there is no excuse for no actual detectiving here.

I'll write an indepth bashing review later.

1/10

LEEGOct 1, 2013 5:20 AM
Oct 1, 2013 7:50 AM

Jun 2010
Milky Holmes can't even pretend to act all Ojou-sama-ish around Kazumi and Alice. XD

I thought they would catch the Police Thief, but I guess not.

Oct 1, 2013 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
Phh. So much hate. And I liked the change of pace for once. Third season of the same ridiculous comedy is too much for me. But the ending was total trolling. Feathers bet the twins creation with one shot and Pink didn't do anything in the end. I totally don't understand her.
Oct 1, 2013 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
OH MY GOD THEY EVEN HAD MY FAVORITE CHARACTER KOBAYASHI APPEAR, that alone makes up for all of this show's flaws, insta 10/10 series.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Oct 1, 2013 9:42 PM

Oct 2012
I miss kokoro-chan iu na!

3\10
Oct 2, 2013 6:36 AM

Jun 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Phh. So much hate. And I liked the change of pace for once. Third season of the same ridiculous comedy is too much for me. But the ending was total trolling. Feathers bet the twins creation with one shot and Pink didn't do anything in the end. I totally don't understand her.

Literally worse than Hitler.

Also,
>calling Sheryl 'pink'
>calling nofun lolis 'Feathers'
Oct 3, 2013 9:46 AM

May 2010
Excluding the fact it wasn't the normal Milky Holmes, it was good for what it was.

Ending was shit though, one arrow saves the day, eyyy??????
Oct 3, 2013 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
what a joke
Oct 5, 2013 4:04 PM

May 2012
Quite a lovely ending thos this season of Milky Holmes. In my opinion it was way better than the previous season as this time they actually focused on detective work and not just silly and random things! This rather serious tone made the whole series way better imo and if there would be another season like this I'd sure to watch it!
Oct 5, 2013 6:56 PM

Jun 2012
Boba_Fett said:
Quite a lovely ending thos this season of Milky Holmes. In my opinion it was way better than the previous season as this time they actually focused on detective work and not just silly and random things! This rather serious tone made the whole series way better imo and if there would be another season like this I'd sure to watch it!

Detective work as in shoot bad guy problem solved?
If you want to watch a real detective anime, go watch Conan.

There are also a lot of already serious (and actually good) anime out there so stop supporting the one that's not supposed to be serious.
Oct 27, 2013 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Really unimpressed with this season as I'm not fan of either of those Feather girls. Eh, it seems just almost completely different from the other Milky Holmes series...

Oh well, 4/10.
Dec 6, 2013 12:01 AM

Oct 2009
I... I don't know why I'm even bothered to watch until the end... Maybe because I'm masochist. Yeah, that's definitely is.

Meh ending. Could've done better....
.... At least the Milky has speaking lines... sigh.

2/10, only because Arsene did appear... >.>

LEEG said:

Here's a summary of my feelings for the entire series:

1. Changing main characters is never a good idea
  2. The new main characters are boring. Black is especially despicable.
  3. The new villains are shallow.
  4. The Milkies' personality are unrecognizable.
  5. The only reason the Milkies being here is to brainwash the old fans to like the Feathers. It failed.
  6. They should have advertised this as a spin-off from the start instead of being a season 3.
  7. They shouldn't have altered the timeline for the main series.
  8. They shouldn't have bothered with a serious Milky Holmes in the first place, after Alternative's miserable sales.
  9. The story is bland and generic like your average shonen series.
  10. The action scenes consists of only shooting the bad guy with an arrow. Every time.
  11. The comedy they promised before is non-existent.
  12. The serious drama is cheesy and forced.
  13. The art feels cheap. Especially the new designs of the Milkies. Especially Sheryl's eyes.
  14. The music needs variation other than smooth piano for every situation.
  15. Unlike Alternative, there is no actual detectiving here.
  16. Unlike the main series, there is no excuse for no actual detectiving here.

This. So much this. I don't care much about the piano music in every situation, but regarding the main character change and MAJOR art change, it just breaks my heart so much... And yeah, Sherlock's eyes... they're soulless... >.>
...And the director promised 50/50 seriousness/comedy from the start... what a disappointment. :/

nijihime said:
Futari wa Milky Holmes seems like a hmm... a fanfiction written by a fan who wants to be a detective. I mean the one who wrote this are Kazumi and Alice.

I couldn't phrase it any better. :)
Alice and Kazumi felt like the despicable resident mary-sues of Milky Holmes universe... Well, more like Kazumi is, since at least Alice has some... redeeming features on her. >.>
Oohoshi_AwaiDec 6, 2013 12:08 AM
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Nov 12, 2014 7:10 PM

Feb 2013
This really should've been called a spin off that just happens in the Milky Holmes universe. This shouldn't be called the third season because it isn't. I hope the next season goes back to its roots. I like Milky Hlmes for the humor not for a series story but it is nice inn small doses.
Jan 7, 2015 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
So in the end, this was basically one of those fanfictions where people put their OCs. I wouldn't dislike it so much if it weren't for the fraud. I came here to watch Milkies and watched boring lolis being boring.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 4, 2015 6:00 PM
Dec 2012
Futari wa Milky Holmes is not as bad as I thought, but the mystery is cheesy(Alternative is way better than this) and Feather are not intelligent enough to be Detectives. It is a fun watch though. Glad that G4 and Phantom Thieves Empire have their debut.
GBSHITMALANDGNMar 6, 2015 10:31 PM
Aug 9, 2017 7:32 AM

Mar 2016
I've lost some faith in Milky Holmes fans knowing that they don't like this little distraction. It played with the main ideas of the first two seasons without relying on gag comedy. Different isn't always bad.
syncrogazerMar 8, 2018 4:02 PM
Dec 19, 2018 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
I laughed pretty hard at this final episode. Shion jumping off the building to save Doom Angel and Darkside was great, and him flying back up with his wings was the icing on the cake. Then Opera appears for only one line. Comedy gold.

Wait, none of that was meant to be funny? nvm

I don't know how much I should rate this. I didn't like either of the previous seasons, but this was far more boring than those.

Guess I'll rate it the same as the other seasons for now. 3/10
Oct 21, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2016
Wow, just wow. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed regarded any other anime ever. How is this listed as a comedy? So many clichés, complete lack of comedy, downgraded animation, everything was so predictable and boring.
I could go and list everything that is wrong with this anime but I'm not even waste my time since it has already been perfectly listed here by LEEG in 2013.

This season just didn't exist. I won't ever acknowledge this sh*t as Milky Holmes 3 but my love for Milky Holmes is still solid and I will give season 4 a chance and pray it goes back to its roots.

2/10 and I'm not rating this a 1 because abominations like Pupa and Diabolik Lovers exist.
Futari wa Milky Holmes was a mistake
Yoshii did nothing wrong

Nov 25, 2021 3:07 AM

Feb 2020
Well, the last battle wasn't too impressive, but I don't mind.

This is exactly what I want from Milky Holmes. The characters are actually doing some detective work instead of goofing around and being completely retards 24/7. The first two seasons had their own strong moments, but all the random things, references and especially all those cringe side characters were just too much.

I like Alice and Kazumi. The bond between them is so adorable. :3

SerafosOct 25, 2022 8:28 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 11 Discussion

LEEG - Sep 21, 2013

18 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 11:57 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 10 Discussion

Oohoshi_Awai - Sep 14, 2013

15 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 10:42 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 9 Discussion

Oohoshi_Awai - Sep 7, 2013

19 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 10:13 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 8 Discussion

LEEG - Sep 6, 2013

5 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 9:48 AM

Poll: » Futari wa Milky Holmes Episode 7 Discussion

Oohoshi_Awai - Aug 27, 2013

10 by Serafos »»
Nov 22, 2021 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.