Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 30, 2013 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
Choroshi said:
When Yajirou was speaking to his mom, i teared up a bit.

It was a good final episode, There are still some mysteries regarding Benten and her actions (and her feelings too), but that's okay because it's a trilogy (right?), so i expect there'll be some explanations about this in the sequels. I hope it'll get animated too.

Benten was lovely and great as always, and looked cute when she was sleeping. I'm glad that she and Akadama sensei finally able to get along again. And her wish at the shrine, i guess that's a hint for Yasaburou :D also, I hope someday Kaisei will allow Yasaburou to see her.

Uchouten Kazoku is the second anime series that get a 9/10 from me, and definitely the best series this season. P.A Works, you guys are awesome.

Hehe, I can just picture Yasaburo coming home one day with Benten saying, hey we got married, and then Kasei finally pops out and does a big Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
Sep 30, 2013 9:03 AM

May 2013
great show 10/10

is there going to be a sequel? i didnt want it to end so i saved it three days after it aird... T_T
need a second season now

anybody know that is this going to have a sequel?
Sep 30, 2013 9:14 AM

Apr 2013
na35899 said:
great show 10/10

is there going to be a sequel? i didnt want it to end so i saved it three days after it aird... T_T
need a second season now

anybody know that is this going to have a sequel?
there is supposedly a second novel that is released or will be released shortly (not sure if its out yet) so it will probably happen if the sales go well but considering it was so underrated and unheard of, I doubt it. Q_Q
Sep 30, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2009
that was nice. but I wanted Yasaburo to be able to see Kaisei..

overall 9/10
Sep 30, 2013 10:23 AM

Aug 2008
I love it.
So many things were unexplained or left alone, but it was great story of tanuki. It was funny and optimistic when at the same time there ware great and deep plot underneath it. Although I would love to get more about Benten i can say that every character received some development and composed perfectly into whole story.

Quite unusually for anime is that it have almost perfect execution, there are no useless fillers, and the story doesn't feel rushed.

For now i give it 9/10 because of leftover plot but I seriously consider changing it to 10/10...
Sep 30, 2013 11:22 AM
Jul 2011
I just want an anime next season named "Memories of Benten" or simply "Benten" which start with benten being a cute schoolgirl and end with her joining Friday fellows.
Sep 30, 2013 11:30 AM

Sep 2011
Magical, thats the only way i can describe this show, its so unique and such a treat to watch, its managed to evoke about all the positive emotions a show could evoke and has reached my inner child while watching

This will be the 5th series ill give a 10/10 to, this better sell

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 30, 2013 12:16 PM
Aug 2013
windy said:
Takuan_Soho said:
The novel is fact and is being released tomorrow. At the end of the thread last week had a link to the announcement (in Japanese) and you can find it for sale on Amazon. Japanese title is: 有頂天家族
I'm only seeing the first novel on Amazon and Honto. Link please?

I think this one could be a sequel. 聖なる怠け者の冒険

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E8%81%96%E3%81%AA%E3%82%8B%E6%80%A0%E3%81%91%E8%80%85%E3%81%AE%E5%86%92%E9%99%BA-%E6%A3%AE%E8%A6%8B-%E7%99%BB%E7%BE%8E%E5%BD%A6/dp/4022507861/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380568201&sr=8-1&keywords=%E6%A3%AE%E8%A6%8B%E7%99%BB%E7%BE%8E%E5%BD%A6

Mod Edit: Removed double post.
rodacSep 30, 2013 8:51 PM
Sep 30, 2013 12:18 PM

May 2013
Well, with Humans, Tanuki, and Tengu, there's nothing to expect other than chaos.

Damn it, Souun. Just admit you're a bad Tanuki already! But in the end, he was exposed!
Yaichirou turned into a tiger again! Hotei protected Yaichirou's mother, but because of this, he's kicked out of the Friday Fellows.
Lol, all the Tanuki turned back into their Tanuki form and started running.
Yasaburou pushed Benten on Hotei's lap.
And then there's Professor Akadama. With his fan. Run, everyone, run.

Professor Akadama went all over the place! Good thing Benten's there.

That Yajirou phone scene got me. (T_T)

Oh Kaisei, when will you ever let Yasaburou see you?

Overall, this was a great anime. (^_^)
I wish there was a second season of some sort. I want to watch and also know more about Benten.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 30, 2013 12:39 PM

Nov 2006
embolon said:
windy said:
Takuan_Soho said:
The novel is fact and is being released tomorrow. At the end of the thread last week had a link to the announcement (in Japanese) and you can find it for sale on Amazon. Japanese title is: 有頂天家族

Sorry, I think I am wrong. I think this one could be a sequel. 聖なる怠け者の冒険
That one's not a sequel to Uchouten Kazoku. It mentions a tanuki in the description but it's a guy in a mask, not a real one, and the main character appears to be an Owada-kun.

That article someone linked did indeed say a sequel is supposed to be coming out this fall, but I don't see any info anywhere about a release date. Don't even know how reliable that blog is since I didn't look at the rest of it to see who the owner is.
Sep 30, 2013 5:18 PM
Nov 2010
All I need to say is great anime and great OST
Sep 30, 2013 5:34 PM

May 2011
Oh that glorious windy wrath, haha. Casually blowing everyone and everything away. Seeing the silliness to him first and then his power still was a lovely way of handling it. And ahh, Benten so relaxed near them all, I can't say I've ever seen it before. So sweet. :)
Sep 30, 2013 6:22 PM
Dec 2010
krownklown said:
Akanezora said:
My favorite anime of this season. 9/10 indeed, an hidden gem.
I will miss it.
Morimi Tomihiko, please make something else, you're so underrated.

He did, Tatami Galaxy, from the sounds of it its just as crazy as Uchoten Kazoku

And The Tatami Galaxy was an underrated favourite of mine a when it aired. It's definitely offbeat, and like Uchouten it requires a few episodes to 'get' it, but the payoff is very worth it (and one of the few 10s I've rated anything).

You'll just have to read _very_ fast to keep up with the subtitles, especially near the start of the show!
Sep 30, 2013 6:47 PM

Feb 2012
Awesome. Best anime of the year from what I've seen so far.
Sep 30, 2013 7:04 PM

Jun 2013
You know for all the crap that people say about Benten regarding eating the father; the reaction both in universe and out towards the uncle is pretty mild. He essentially killed his own brother, was willing to kill his own nephew without blinking an eye, and had an unhealthy fascination with the mom. Hell even Kaisei the most rationale of that family was depressed about it, but basically spent at least a year since the event happened without telling anyone that basically her father set up the killing.

Plus its not even like the uncle seems to be crazy or anything, he seems pretty cool and calculating and calm about everything.
Sep 30, 2013 7:08 PM

Jun 2012
Aw, again with no Que Sera Sera ED. ., oh well ^^
Too bad Yasaburo couldn't see Kaisei, she's so ninja.

Great ending to a great series of this season. Very "interesting" series, great characters, very unique, and very enjoyable. One of my favorite series this season, earning at least an 8/10 from me (not sure about 9/10, too bad no 8.5 can be given on this site).

Sep 30, 2013 7:26 PM

Apr 2013
What a great finale, I loved how the Friday Fellows and Tanukis all gathered under one building. The conversation between Yajiro and his mom brought a tear to my eye!! And Kaisei and Yasaburo, why couldnt she let him see her??? poo 10/10!!
Sep 30, 2013 7:30 PM

Nov 2009
The series as a whole, at least for the first half felt a bit nonsensical. I understand the whole plot setting taking some time but I almost dropped it around episode 5 - 6.

I'm glad I stuck with it, binged through eps 8 - 13 tonight and felt it tied up quite nicely. Certainly feel I have a thing for Kaisei. She was lovely, even though her engagement to Yasaburo was called off, I'd like to see it working out that way naturally in the future.

8/10 for the last couple of episodes...

6/10 for the series as a whole.
Sep 30, 2013 7:50 PM
Nov 2010
I have to say I never understood why people just drop animes. For me If i start an anime no matter how bad it might be I'll still watch it to the end. You never know that you might find something you like about it
MrJcSep 30, 2013 7:59 PM
Sep 30, 2013 8:04 PM

Oct 2010
best anime of the season for me. It had a great ending, but I'm sad it's over. :(

overall: 9/10
Sep 30, 2013 8:39 PM

Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
symbv said:
I CALLED IT !!! I said the Professor would recognize the mother tanuki and defended her putting himself at jeopardy. There were skeptical voices, but I am glad I PERSISTED !!!!

And I even made the right call that Benten and Tengu sensei will reach some kind of reconciliation!

YES !!!!!!
Fair enough, however I called the thin walls, the tanuki panic, and Tengu sensei barging in and then using the fan in order to get Benten back. The only thing I missed out on was for Yasaburo being more active and using his human transformation abilities a little more prominently, but I will take his little push of Benten over that any day, loved that scene: Benten's face was classic.
Well, the thin walls and tanuki panic are bound to happen. In retrospect it is hard to see why the professor would not get into some interaction with the mother tanuki in the occasion. The flow of the novel is pointing to that direction, and as I said I got a strong feel that the author had not done with the professor yet with the discussion on the rooftop so I was very happy that he revisited the "eating is love" theory of the professor in this final episode. It feels so great that I correctly called all the major plot wrap-up in the last 2 episodes, from the redemption of the 2nd brother to the reconciliation between Benten and Tengu. I even predicted correctly that the professor would see tanuki speaking and transforming, though he forgot about it later (I wonder if it has anything to do with Benten intervening). And at the end Jurojin just looks like a human after all.

embolon said:
windy said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Sorry, I think I am wrong. I think this one could be a sequel. 聖なる怠け者の冒険
You might want to save the effort as the other two novels of the trilogy Uchouten Kazoku are not even written yet.
symbvSep 30, 2013 8:44 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 30, 2013 9:40 PM
Aug 2013
dumbnutcherios said:
Does anyone know the song name played after the ending?

ED is ケセラセラ -> Que Sera, Sera(same name different song)
OP is 有頂天人生

But in this episode, OP is ED.
Sep 30, 2013 11:42 PM

Aug 2012
dumbnutcherios said:
embolon said:
dumbnutcherios said:
Does anyone know the song name played after the ending?

ED is ケセラセラ -> Que Sera, Sera(same name different song)
OP is 有頂天人生

But in this episode, OP is ED.

No I meant the one after the "ED" where it says "Thanks for watching!"

Probably not even considered a song though.

the song that played for a few seconds after the ending credits is Que Sera Sera (ケセラセラ) by Fhana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zHMk7Qe3rY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jijw72rUG0

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 1, 2013 12:05 AM

Dec 2011
This show made everything else look like crap this season. Except for the going home club.
Oct 1, 2013 1:22 AM

Apr 2013
oh man this series was so good, im seriously going to miss this. One of a kind. 5/5
Oct 1, 2013 3:36 AM

Jul 2011
@symbv So the rumors about a possible release of the second novel this year is false?
Oct 1, 2013 5:22 AM

Nov 2009
One of my faves this season. They still didn't show us why the tanukis are afraid of Benten, though. I hope there's a sequel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2013 5:44 AM

Jun 2012
Leio said:
They still didn't show us why the tanukis are afraid of Benten, though. I hope there's a sequel.

That's because she worked for the Friday...Club and was the one who caught the badass Nisemon, I think that was it.

I would like to know why Benten returned to the Tengu-sensei, I thought she had cut their ties.
Oct 1, 2013 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
Benten could fly and originally held the fan until it went back to the professor, she was actually a formidable foe for most, so the fear was understandable.
Oct 1, 2013 12:16 PM

Jul 2012
Great anime but with boring ending. So they all were friends even though Bented eat their parents and other tanuki sold them to death? Still i really liked it.
Oct 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Oct 2011
Will miss this series. Glad everyone is alive and not eaten. I still wished Soun would have been eaten by Friday Fellows. Wished Yasabouro got to see Kaisei even a glimpse would do for me.
Oct 1, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2010
krownklown said:
Akanezora said:
My favorite anime of this season. 9/10 indeed, an hidden gem.
I will miss it.
Morimi Tomihiko, please make something else, you're so underrated.

He did, Tatami Galaxy, from the sounds of it its just as crazy as Uchoten Kazoku

I know. I meant something else besides Tatami Galaxy.
I just wonder why he's so good yet so unpopular. Oh right, because Japan prefers giving credit to moeshit and that useless stuff.
AkanezoraOct 1, 2013 2:25 PM
Oct 1, 2013 3:07 PM

Jul 2010
8/10. Gonna miss this weekly gem. <3 So original, beautiful, fun, artistic.
Oct 2, 2013 9:52 AM

Jun 2012
Akanezora said:

I just wonder why he's so good yet so unpopular. Oh right, because Japan prefers giving credit to moeshit and that useless stuff.

That must be because the people there actually buy moeshit and when I say "buy" it means they spent fortunes on it, since in general what makes more money turns more popular.
Oct 2, 2013 10:09 AM

Jun 2011
A really good series. I find myself drawn to the characters and the settings is just great. Just wished they showed more of Kaisei and Yasaburou.

Still dont get Benten though, thinking there still needs to be more development with her. Like why go as far as to eat the father of your friend just to get into the Friday Fellows? Nevertheless a fun and enjoyable series
Oct 2, 2013 10:16 AM

Sep 2012
Snaita said:
Akanezora said:

That must be because the people there actually buy moeshit and when I say "buy" it means they spent fortunes on it, since in general what makes more money turns more popular.
First Morimi Tomihiko is NOT unpopular. Tatami Galaxy sold well (both the novels and the anime) and it also won a bunch of awards. And he is generally quite well known and respected as a writer in the literature field. And second, it is just nonsense to link him, a novel (not even light novel) author, with whatever you want to call "moeshit". They have different consumer base with only limited overlapping between them. It just sounds like you have to attack something you hate regardless of whether it has any real connection to the subject - you just want to attack it because you want to.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 2, 2013 4:23 PM
Oct 2012
Akanezora said:
I know. I meant something else besides Tatami Galaxy.

Symbv answered you specifically, I have a more general question I would like to ask: which mythical country do you live in where popular culture and art are equivalent, where the best writers earn as much as the Hunger Games? Since we are talking about animation, let me ask, which country is producing as many artistic series as Japan does? Every season there are 3-5 serious animated series in addition to your "moeshit". Where else in the world does this happen?

The trouble of course is that making serious comedy or drama (art) is hard, painfully hard, far harder than to make good light hearted moe or action shows (i.e. entertainment). This isn't true just of Japan, but it is also true of the entire world. There are only a few successful art works created globally a decade, (I would claim that their hasn't been a first tier globally popular US writer since Faulkner died), so even IF the animation market only created "moeshit" (which isn't true), that is a completely NORMAL state of affairs.

However overall animation is an exceptionally literate artform, one of the reasons it has gained adherents around the world.
Oct 2, 2013 5:03 PM

Apr 2008
After a re-watch of the last episode, I noticed that the old geezers are the first to turn into tanuki form after seeing Benten. Sou was mentioned to fear benten to the point of cutting his relations with Akadama sensei. What is it with Benten and older gentlemen? With them it's the extreme of either infatuation or terror.
The congrats sign getting in the way of Akadama sensei's rage made me laugh again, frogbro x mama hisashiburi moment made me teary again.
Oct 3, 2013 4:09 AM
Sep 2009
Takuan_Soho said:

The trouble of course is that making serious comedy or drama (art) is hard, painfully hard, far harder than to make good light hearted moe or action shows (i.e. entertainment). This isn't true just of Japan, but it is also true of the entire world. There are only a few successful art works created globally a decade, (I would claim that their hasn't been a first tier globally popular US writer since Faulkner died), so even IF the animation market only created "moeshit" (which isn't true), that is a completely NORMAL state of affairs.

However overall animation is an exceptionally literate artform, one of the reasons it has gained adherents around the world.

.....nicely said.....you are quite right about arts allover the world, I mean I also am a huge fan of "Epic fantasy" but its so hard to find really unique or artistic or creative writings in these days of Tolkien/GRRM copycat writers.....same goes for my other love rock/metal music which is even more clustered with uninspired or unoriginal stuff.....
.....but still with the level of internet access & general availability of stuff on internet its really fun & satisfying to find good stuff like this show for someone like me, who lives in such a small & unknown corner of this huge world .....
.....hope I get to see more stuff from this writer in the future & beautiful shows like this in general.....
.....I am just a fan of unique comics, manga & books.....and fighting games and rpgs.....check out my blog for my reviews and stuff-
http://ihate00critics.blogspot.com/
Oct 3, 2013 11:36 PM

Jan 2011
The family feeeeeels <3

PA Works continues to make great anime

9/10
Oct 4, 2013 3:44 AM

Aug 2013
I keep delaying watching the last episode bc I don't want to see it ends but I saw it anyway //sighs//

anyway, GREAT ANIME FOR SUMMER SEASON! Uchouten Kazoku placed 2nd in my 2013 summer anime list after Gatchaman Crowds

The Shimogamos are the boss! 10/10 for overall series, planning to rewatch this golden baby during my break in near future
Oct 5, 2013 9:11 AM
May 2012
This show got me confused at first, but the story built up and began growing into me. Along with the relaxing atmosphere it gives despite the conflicts, i think this show is pretending to be iyashikei, well almost. I just thought of this after seeing so many conflicts happen throughout, and later on life goes on as if nothing happened. That gave me a sense of relaxation as if it was borderline iyashikei.

Totally enjoyed this one, both the ending and the OP was good, really hoping for an OVA or better yet, a season 2. Good Job, P.A. Works!

9/10.
Oct 7, 2013 6:34 PM

Apr 2011
Oct 8, 2013 1:22 PM

Aug 2009
Great show, gives off a very solid "The Tatami Galaxy" vibe. I know it sounds crazy but I will always be rooting for Benten X Yasaburou. 9/10 for me, don't find many anime like this which show and deliver the promise.
Oct 8, 2013 2:34 PM

Aug 2012
Great anime .... great ending ... i hope Yasaburo ends up with Kaisei.
Oct 9, 2013 9:21 AM

Jul 2009
There was things about Benten that were not explained, but I guess she used to be sad coz she would remember what she did to Yasaburou's dad.
I wish Kaisei would let Yasaburou see her, and if there was some romance between then, it was a good show, but could have been better. 6/10
Oct 9, 2013 2:17 PM

Sep 2011
sanjayts said:
Great show, gives off a very solid "The Tatami Galaxy" vibe.
its a adaption of a novel by the same guy who wrote the original novel for tatami galaxy

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 20, 2013 3:06 AM

Oct 2013
My best show of Summer 2013. I watched this series 3 times. Great soundtrack, great family storyline, interesting concept. It's a series you won't want to miss.

10/10.
Oct 20, 2013 11:30 AM

May 2012
A pretty nice ending to this series, which had quite a nice concept with some various interesting characters and a lovely pace! In overall a slight open ending but it did managed to bring over quite a nice story!
Nov 7, 2013 6:09 AM

Oct 2012
Raijin fan still OP until now
Benten really know how to tame Akadama-sensei xD

Dat dengeki (electricity)! Wow, Yashirou = BiriBiri's son?
Aw, Kaisei show yourself to Yasaburou :(
Or maybe Kaisei is really harboring feelings for Yasaburou?
R.I.P. Souun... oh wait he's alive?

That ending illustration... It's really Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei's art
I'm glad to see that again xD

Season 2, please!! Oh, wait the story still continues.. right?
"Signature removed"
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2013

83 by blinddig »»
Mar 8, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Do you think the series will get a s3?

Vamp_Lord - Oct 28, 2023

4 by InNeedOfAName »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:30 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

95 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2013

104 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 5:25 AM

Poll: » Uchouten Kazoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2013

105 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 9, 2023 4:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.