Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2013 10:39 PM

Jul 2013
Copperkat said:
Kawaii-Vesperia said:
my sister told me that the mangaka is planing to make the manga 20 chapters only ..

I'm pretty sure it'll have more than 20 chapters, since it's all ready at like 46 chapters and still going. :P

It's a misunderstanding. Isayama seeks to finish SNK within 20 volumes.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 28, 2013 11:00 PM

May 2011
well, after watching the last episode i changed my point of view, there'll be another season for sure,,,

Zackstrife2 said:
100% chance of season 2.
Or 99,99% at least

what about 100% ?
Sep 28, 2013 11:05 PM

Jul 2012
No second season, just wait till the manga is over and redo the whole thing. Attack on Titanhood I await you.
DeadAgain said:
no this will get a second season i mean even Kakumeiki Valvrave got a secound season upcoming and i doubt their ratings was high as Shingeki no Kyojin

VVV is split cour plus it's an original anime, they can make up anything they want.
Sep 28, 2013 11:26 PM

Dec 2012
Redoing will take more resources than simply continuing with a second season. They made a point of fixing the quality of the DVD/BDs - I don't think they aim for Titanhood. Despite the changes in the final episode, it is not an anime-original ending like Claymore's or the first FMA in general.

Ilse's Notebook OVA is coming out this December with the limited manga edition of volume 12, I believe. Six months min for preparation of a new anime season and, along with the recent news for the manga finishing (let say for now) in volume 20 (eight volumes from November, 2013), ... depending on how the story goes, the earliest possibility is Fall, 2014. If not, Spring, 2015.
Sep 28, 2013 11:37 PM

Mar 2011
So, i just watched the last SNK episode, and it left e very big open, and a huge mystery since i dont read the Mangas.

Because of the ending, is it possible that they are considering on making another season? What are the chances of another season to happen? And if it happens, how long it will take?

Considering the popularity SNK did on japan, i know there is a high chance that they will make another season, but if they dont wy would they left an opening like that on the Final episode?

I want to know the opinions of each one about it.

Thanks for the attention, and sorry for my bad english.
AversaSep 29, 2013 7:20 AM
Sep 28, 2013 11:44 PM

Jan 2013
The anime covered around 33 or so chapters from the manga, and there's only 49 chapters currently released. It's also a monthly manga, so I wouldn't expect a second season for a verrrrrrry long time, unless you want something that's basically just filler.
Sep 28, 2013 11:45 PM
Jul 2011
might happen in 3 years at the earliest
Sep 28, 2013 11:47 PM

Jul 2012
No second season, anime bombed horribly and everyone is moving on. Just wait for titanhood.
AversaSep 29, 2013 7:21 AM
Sep 28, 2013 11:52 PM

Mar 2011
MDLimit said:
No second season, anime bombed horribly and everyone is moving on. Just wait for titanhood.
Not exatly the same, since this one i watched and im discussing about the ending it had, because if they are not going to do a second season, its pretty stupid to have that on the ending.
AversaSep 29, 2013 7:22 AM
Sep 28, 2013 11:53 PM

Jan 2009
XadowMonzter said:
MDLimit said:
Not exatly the same, since this one i watched and im discussing about the ending it had, because if they are not going to do a second season, its pretty stupid to have that on the ending.

a lot of anime ended with cliffhangers too and continued in the manga so its not stupid
AversaSep 29, 2013 7:22 AM
Sep 28, 2013 11:54 PM

Aug 2012
This is like the 5th thread on this...
Sep 28, 2013 11:55 PM

Mar 2011
j0x said:
XadowMonzter said:
MDLimit said:

a lot of anime ended with cliffhangers too and continued in the manga so its not stupid
Maybe you are right, because its kind of intelligent to leave a cliffhanger in the TV Anime to make people very excited and buy the manga, even if they dont like them very much...
AversaSep 29, 2013 7:23 AM
Sep 28, 2013 11:55 PM

Jul 2012
XadowMonzter said:
MDLimit said:

Tons of anime have ended on a cliffhanger and never got a second season, so it's not really rare. But looking at the sales of this monster they'd be stupid to miss out on milking making another season for this cash cow.
AversaSep 29, 2013 7:24 AM
Sep 28, 2013 11:57 PM

Mar 2011
MDLimit said:
XadowMonzter said:
MDLimit said:

Tons of anime have ended on a cliffhanger and never got a second season, so it's not really rare. But looking at the sales of this monster they'd be stupid to miss out on milking making another season for this cash cow.
That is what i was thinking, the popularity of SNK is just absurd, and it did instantly, its very stupid to let that pass by. Maybe since its a montly manga they will make another season but a 12~13 episodes, and not a full 25, i think this could happen.
AversaSep 29, 2013 7:24 AM
Sep 29, 2013 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
We can get it in 6 months, but there will be fillers everywhere. Or Isayama can clone himself and get a chapter done in two weeks instead of four.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Sep 29, 2013 2:56 AM
Aug 2011
I just don't see how you guys can actually think (let's put aside the search facility) that you are the first ones to open these threads?

Do we have to see everyone open a new thread about this as soon as they watch the new episode?
Sep 29, 2013 6:00 AM
Apr 2011
They will obviously make a 2nd season. Why the hell do you think this series have so many spinoffs being supervised by Isayama? SnK has a novel, prequel, comedy parody and Levi gaiden mangas. They are milking this series because it is a big hit. Maybe in 2015 we will get a 2nd season.
Sep 29, 2013 7:16 AM

Apr 2010
Topic Merged

Thread merged with existing thread.
AversaSep 29, 2013 7:31 AM
Sep 29, 2013 8:11 AM
Jul 2013
What the hell is that Titanhood everyone is talking about.
Explain it to me please :)
Sep 29, 2013 8:34 AM
Jul 2013
RootAbyss said:
What the hell is that Titanhood everyone is talking about.
Explain it to me please :)

Some people are pissed because of the slightly altered content in the anime. Usually these people are the ones who read the manga

IMO, those content are still consistent to the overall story of SnK, but nevertheless, they're different. That makes the Anime Version shine out in its own rights. Although, I'm kinda pissed because of some crucial scenes are not there.

Attack: Titanhood or SnK: Titanhood is the term that those who didn't like the altered contents called the remake of this series, similar to FMA: Brotherhood. The question is not if, but when. SnK is both a commercial and a critical success. Either a remake will happen or S2, since Isayama Hajime has announced where he plans to end the manga, which is about in 3 years time, leaving the possibility of Attack: Titanhood.
Sep 29, 2013 9:09 AM

Aug 2012
I guess Wit Studio still has a long way to go. This is seriously one of the animes with probably the best effort done by a newly-formed studio I've seen, and I can only hope that they improve on everything from the 1st Season if the 2nd Season ever arrives.

No recaps, well-placed fillers (I'm actually expecting them now because they're so good) no redundant dialogue or long monologues, and having more consistency overall with the art and animation. I guess they haven't mastered the animation and art in the series yet, because it's still like an unrefined diamond - it has one of the best animation sequences and yet it's also muddled with jerky and sometimes out of place ones. But the diamond still shines.

My only worry is if the OST for the next season won't be as top notch as this one here, but as long as it's still Hiroyuki Sawano, I have faith. Now that I'm past my slight bitterness because of the last episode, it's actually growing on to me more because I'm so impressed by the action sequences they added. I'd rather treat it as its own entity rather than the adaptation of 33, to which I'll pitch my faith to in the next series (given if they want to continue the flow of the story properly, because they shouldn't jump to the end of 34 that quickly).
Sep 29, 2013 10:28 AM
Aug 2013
When is the potential date of season two's return? Gonna miss watching it ugh. :(
Sep 29, 2013 10:34 AM
Jul 2013
Beaver897 said:
I guess Wit Studio still has a long way to go. This is seriously one of the animes with probably the best effort done by a newly-formed studio I've seen, and I can only hope that they improve on everything from the 1st Season if the 2nd Season ever arrives.

No recaps, well-placed fillers (I'm actually expecting them now because they're so good) no redundant dialogue or long monologues, and having more consistency overall with the art and animation. I guess they haven't mastered the animation and art in the series yet, because it's still like an unrefined diamond - it has one of the best animation sequences and yet it's also muddled with jerky and sometimes out of place ones. But the diamond still shines.

My only worry is if the OST for the next season won't be as top notch as this one here, but as long as it's still Hiroyuki Sawano, I have faith. Now that I'm past my slight bitterness because of the last episode, it's actually growing on to me more because I'm so impressed by the action sequences they added. I'd rather treat it as its own entity rather than the adaptation of 33, to which I'll pitch my faith to in the next series (given if they want to continue the flow of the story properly, because they shouldn't jump to the end of 34 that quickly).

Agree with everything you said, except the dialogue. They just need to fix the flow and add the important bits.

likeabraus said:
When is the potential date of season two's return? Gonna miss watching it ugh. :(

Attack on Titan Season 2 has been confirmed. Release Date: When it's ready.

Just trolling you there, but seriously, you think they wouldn't make a second season or an epic remake (Attack: Titanhood)? You cray.
Sep 29, 2013 3:13 PM

Jan 2013
The end of the anime seemed like there was a lot of unresolved plot holes. Does anyone think/know of a second season?
Main Maloween Candy:

Bonus Room Candy: x3

Sep 29, 2013 3:15 PM

Aug 2008
Prepare to wait a longgg time. Sorry that's the nature of animating an ongoing manga.
Sep 29, 2013 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
That sucks :/ Such a good anime too. Thanks for the input!
Main Maloween Candy:

Sep 29, 2013 3:18 PM

Apr 2008
hyperknees91 said:
Prepare to wait a longgg time. Sorry that's the nature of animating an ongoing manga.

Correction. A MONTHLY manga
Sep 29, 2013 3:25 PM

Mar 2013
Orrrrr instead of waiting, just read the manga. It's better waiting a month than say a couple of years.
Sep 29, 2013 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
It would be horrible to have to wait a few years.
Main Maloween Candy:

Sep 29, 2013 3:34 PM

Jan 2011
YuriLover666 said:

That's what is going to happen if it happens.
Sep 29, 2013 3:59 PM

Aug 2012
Join the manga side :) and read
Sep 29, 2013 6:02 PM

Jul 2013
Chapter 33, get to it.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 29, 2013 6:33 PM

Jun 2008
how many chapters is manga ahead of current moment in anime?
Sep 29, 2013 6:35 PM

Jul 2011
Shadoww said:
how many chapters is manga ahead of current moment in anime?

The last was the 49.
Sep 29, 2013 8:35 PM
Aug 2013
IZEROII said:
YuriLover666 said:

That's what is going to happen if it happens.

A year!? Oh my glob i think i wont make it :( i cant wait that long! Just waiting for the monthly manga update drives me insane, what else for a year!? Haha. Oh snk, the things you do to me!

Also,
IZEROII,
likeabrausSep 29, 2013 8:39 PM
Sep 29, 2013 11:48 PM

Jan 2013
Considering how match this anime is popular it isn't question if only when.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Sep 30, 2013 12:17 AM

Jul 2011
likeabraus said:

A year!? Oh my glob i think i wont make it :( i cant wait that long! Just waiting for the monthly manga update drives me insane, what else for a year!? Haha. Oh snk, the things you do to me!

A year? Most likely two years, at least. The first season went through 33 chapters, and they're only up to 49 right now. So another 16 months just to get enough raw manga to work with, plus production time.
Sep 30, 2013 2:56 AM
Jul 2013
michael15286 said:
likeabraus said:

A year? Most likely two years, at least. The first season went through 33 chapters, and they're only up to 49 right now. So another 16 months just to get enough raw manga to work with, plus production time.

Most plausibly 1.5-2 years away.
Sep 30, 2013 9:10 AM

Aug 2012
Of course Shingeki no Kyojin will have a Season 2, no doubt about it, it just going to take 2 years, maybe more.
Sep 30, 2013 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
Either a season 2 or a movie would be nice.
Oct 1, 2013 5:02 AM
Jun 2013
I have been hearing rumors that there will be another episode after the ending of season 1, is this true?
Oct 1, 2013 5:09 AM

Apr 2011
ehudover said:
I have been hearing rumors that there will be another episode after the ending of season 1, is this true?

are you talking about the Ilse Langner OVA?
Oct 1, 2013 5:48 AM

Jul 2013
Lithone said:
ehudover said:

are you talking about the Ilse Langner OVA?

Seems very likely.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 2, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2008
Kawaii-Vesperia said:
my sister told me that the mangaka is planing to make the manga 20 chapters only ..

Well it will take 2-3 years to really to finish that. By that time then, season 2 might be on the making although I could be wrong considering both the dvd sales and the manga are selling like pancakes so yeah there's a slight chance a continuation will appear in less than 2 years.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Oct 2, 2013 8:27 PM

Oct 2013
I think they should make a season 2 with 12 episode for next year. Since the manga is not very far, this is a win win situation for me because it makes the fan happy and they will also make more money everyone wins :) cross my finger for a 12 episode season 2.
Oct 2, 2013 9:16 PM

Feb 2010
There's no way they aren't gonna make another season! No way D:
You cant just end it like that and not have another. Theres still so much i need to know!
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Oct 3, 2013 11:37 PM
Nov 2012
we'll have to wait quite a long time till our fuzzy little problem gets to appear. there needs to be more manga to spawn anime from. And i'd rather avoid an FMA route.
Oct 7, 2013 1:55 PM
Sep 2013
Unchou said:
Grotex said:
It has great demand both in Japan and in United States. Plus, there was another cliff hanger (titans outside the wall)... so my prediction: Yes.

I think you ment inside.

OnT: Search for the rest 20k posts about the same topic.
i think you meant: meant"
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.