Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (34) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2013 11:35 AM
Sep 2013
Amarrez said:
Alzea said:
Okay, so could someone sum up for me what did they change, since it looks like a whole fandom is raging? I'm not able to watch this ep right now but I'm curious ;o

I'll try to sum up all the changes from memory, both good and bad. Mostly bad.

- Mikasa doesn't discover the titans in the wall. It happens later when no one is around to see it. Hanji, Armin and Pastor Nick do not learn of it.
- Eren turns into a fire titan.
- Levi uses 3DMG despite his injury to cut Eren out of his titan when he attempts to eat Annie (another change).
- Before she turns into a crystal, Annie cries.
- Instead of being thrown up to Annie by an in control Eren, Mikasa just uses 3DMG to zip up to Annie instead.

There were more, but I've forgotten. The wall reveal and fire shit is the main prickly point, and rightfully so.

Sounds anti climatic, especially regarding the wall reveal.
And awwwww I was kind of looking forward to seeing Mikasa being thrown -.-
fire titan? huh? is that some kind of titan power he'll have in the future or was it just used because it looks cool (but makes no sense since I don't remember that happening in the manga)
Sep 28, 2013 11:37 AM

Jul 2010
its nice to watch a lot of people go "rage mode" like Eren after worshiping this anime a lot. OH THE INEVITABILITY OF EXPECTATION.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Sep 28, 2013 11:39 AM
Sep 2012
erika4dsl said:
Amarrez said:
Alzea said:
Okay, so could someone sum up for me what did they change, since it looks like a whole fandom is raging? I'm not able to watch this ep right now but I'm curious ;o

I'll try to sum up all the changes from memory, both good and bad. Mostly bad.

- Mikasa doesn't discover the titans in the wall. It happens later when no one is around to see it. Hanji, Armin and Pastor Nick do not learn of it.
- Eren turns into a fire titan.
- Levi uses 3DMG despite his injury to cut Eren out of his titan when he attempts to eat Annie (another change).
- Before she turns into a crystal, Annie cries.
- Instead of being thrown up to Annie by an in control Eren, Mikasa just uses 3DMG to zip up to Annie instead.

There were more, but I've forgotten. The wall reveal and fire shit is the main prickly point, and rightfully so.

Sounds anti climatic, especially regarding the wall reveal.
And awwwww I was kind of looking forward to seeing Mikasa being thrown -.-
fire titan? huh? is that some kind of titan power he'll have in the future or was it just used because it looks cool (but makes no sense since I don't remember that happening in the manga)

It was just essentially a stylistic choice because he doesn't really do anything that he hasn't done, even if it seems like that on the surface. Unless the characters state something about it, which can't tell for now because no subs yet.
Sep 28, 2013 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
Oh alright, Eren not throwing Mikasa is a real bummer.
Sep 28, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2012
The fire scene was just not right imo. And the wall reveal felt more like a puzzle coming together in the manga. I really wish this series had around 20 episodes and kept a standard pacing.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 28, 2013 11:43 AM

Oct 2010
I didn't really like some of the changes they made in this episode, but an amazing series nonetheless. I'm really gonna miss it, and season 2 can't come any sooner.
Sep 28, 2013 11:58 AM

Dec 2007
Huh, by not watching it, just reading what you say the worst thing seems to be
a bit of anti-climatic and they might have problems in s2 but oh well. Thanks for the answers, I'll probably watch it in two days or so and see for myself. Fire-mode Eren sounds funny (but this show or at least this fight shouldn't be funny).
Also fangirl mode on: does this mean my baby Hanji gets less screen time? ;__;
Sep 28, 2013 12:00 PM
Jul 2013
ErenxMikasa said:

They need to make SnK: Titanhood/Attack: Titanhood and add that fucking scene.

Fuck, I don't care if we have to wait until SnK the manga is almost finish (which is like in 3 years, volume 20 and all) to get SnK: Titanhood. I was defending episode 25. But not throwing Mikasa? Fuck.

EDIT: Wait wait guys....

This type of set-up....

I've figured out the conspiracy behind this.

They're trying to pull a Brotherhood conspiracy. This is not speculation, it actually makes sense, all the events leading up.

• First, make as much money and popularity on SnK as possible, ensuring that people would crave for it more.

• Second, deviate from the manga, in this case minorly.

• Third, 2nd step cockblocks people.

• Fourth, people would still crave for it.

• Fifth, mangaka announces end point for his manga (volume 20 in this case, which would span across for about 3 more years)

• Sixth, wait until the year before the manga finishes and announce a remake.

• Seventh, remake would have epic and consistent animation, following closely with the manga, more than the first attempt. It would have as many episodes as it demands to catch up to the manga.

• Eighth, everyone realizes that they pulled a Brotherhood.

• Ninth, goes on par/outranks Brotherhood in MAL, if everything's done right.

Busted, WIT studios.
XinceptionSep 28, 2013 12:05 PM
Sep 28, 2013 12:07 PM
Sep 2012
Xinception said:
ErenxMikasa said:

Fuck, I don't care if we have to wait until SnK the manga is almost finish (which is like in 3 years, volume 20 and all) to get SnK: Titanhood. I was defending episode 25. But not throwing Mikasa? Fuck.

This type of set-up....

They're trying to pull a Brotherhood conspiracy. This is not speculation, it actually makes sense, all the events leading up.

• First, make as much money and popularity on SnK as possible, ensuring that people would crave for it more.

• Fifth, mangaka announces end point for his manga (volume 20 in this case, which would span across for about 3 more years)

• Seventh, remake would have epic and consistent animation, following closely with the manga, more than the first attempt. It would have as many episodes as it demands to catch up to the manga.

Busted, WIT studios.

Oh shit! Is this what's in the basement?
Sep 28, 2013 12:08 PM
Jul 2013
Pipoko said:
Xinception said:
ErenxMikasa said:

This type of set-up....

Busted, WIT studios.

Oh shit! Is this what's in the basement?

I ninja'ed Mr. Grisha Yaeger to get this.
Sep 28, 2013 12:09 PM

Aug 2012
Oh, man. Ev'rybody mad. QQ

Edit:
But guys, won't this mean that they'll just involve all the necessary characters in the wall scene for next season and continue from there?
Beaver897Sep 28, 2013 12:13 PM
Sep 28, 2013 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
Episode-7.5/10
Series-9.5/10

Not the kind of finale episode I was waiting for.Lots of error in the episode just ruins the mood.First of all they made a fool of the titan inside the wall scene.It was going to be one the major revelation of the series and they just ruined it! Next is the scene where Levi pulls out Eren from this titan form. Wasn't he supposed to be injured?

I don't see a possibility of Season 2 in 1-1.5 years due to unavailability of enough source material. It would be interesting to see how they tackle the Titan in the wall in the next season.
Nevertheless Shingeki no Kyojin has been an exciting series and hope we get S2 in the near future!
Sep 28, 2013 12:14 PM

Aug 2012
Wow such a mediocre adaptation of chapter 33. Eren suddenly getting a deus ex machinia power boost and levi suddenly being healed. Wtf was the director thinking when he was working on the finale :/.
liv3urwaySep 28, 2013 12:40 PM
Sep 28, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2009
It's after the ending credits.

I screamed when Annie and Eren fought. It was far, far, far more brutal than in the manga.
Sep 28, 2013 12:15 PM
Sep 2013
guys, is there any news about season 2 ?
Sep 28, 2013 12:16 PM

Oct 2012
qsswd said:

Nope and I doubt we'll be getting news any time soon.
KoybzSep 28, 2013 12:25 PM
Sep 28, 2013 12:17 PM
Jul 2013
qsswd said:

We just finished season 1 mate?

That said, you won't be seeing season 2 for a long time, since there isn't enough source material ATM.

When season 2 comes, they'll start with a redo of the Wall Scene, that I bet.

Or....

We wait 3 more years for Shingeki No Kyojin: Titanhood, as many manga readers hope. :P
Sep 28, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2009
You know the worst part? They were throttling the pacing and adding lots of fillers to pad the series so they could end on this episode.

And they absolutely blew it.
Sep 28, 2013 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
I'll be waiting for Isayama's blog to update.
Sep 28, 2013 12:25 PM
Jul 2013
Amarrez said:
You know the worst part? They were throttling the pacing and adding lots of fillers to pad the series so they could end on this episode.

And they absolutely blew it.

How to fix episode 25:

• Remove Fire from Eren's Titan.

• Keep the fight intense.

• Keep Eren in control, with a little bit of rage. With this, he'll demonstrate his newly learnt techniques in MMA.

• Keep Levi out of this.

• Most importantly, Eren has to throw Mikasa UP there.

• Keep Eren in Titan Form chaining down Annie while she's crystalizing herself.

• Lastly... End with that Cliffhanger and everyone's eyes opened wide.

There, I'm a genius.
Sep 28, 2013 12:29 PM

Feb 2012
Disappointed. I like how they pandered to these damn fujoshi by magically healing Levi. Eren going Kaio Ken was ridiculous, dont try to justify it. Not to mention Eren in titan is brain dead as f*ck.

Whenever they make s2 remake this episode and try to make the Titan in the wall reveal a bit less shittier cause it fucking sucked.

ep-7/10
Series-8.5-9/10
Sep 28, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2012
Levirtrow said:
Edit: now that it ended, I feel... empty.

Just like the anime elelelelelellele.
Sep 28, 2013 12:31 PM
Mar 2011
Amarrez said:

Is this what really happens? Because I don't get that vibe from those pages in the manga. You can clearly see that Mikasa does use her 3DMG when Hanji warns her not to go after Annie. The only part that I see that could've given you that idea is Armin's reaction the page before when he's alarmed by Eren, but that's only because he's startled at how quickly Eren has recovered himself when he was a mess just moments previously, in contrast to the the mess he was in when they were plugging the hole in the wall. Unless I missed something...
Sep 28, 2013 12:34 PM

Apr 2009
garnite said:
Amarrez said:

Is this what really happens? Because I don't get that vibe from those pages in the manga. You can clearly see that Mikasa does use her 3DMG when Hanji warns her not to go after Annie. The only part that I see that could've given you that idea is Armin's reaction the page before when he's alarmed by Eren, but that's only because he's startled at how quickly Eren has recovered himself when he was a mess just moments previously, in contrast to the the mess he was in when they were plugging the hole in the wall. Unless I missed something...

No 3DMG.

http://i.imgur.com/aCxx4UG.jpg

She flies up after being thrown and then uses 3DMG to cut across to Annie.
Sep 28, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2009
Xinception said:
But not throwing Mikasa? Fuck.
It's barely shown in the manga. I didn't even get that she was thrown the first time I read it. The entire walls are titans part was completely left out until the short scene after the credits, and this is what you care about? Or were you being sarcastic?
Sep 28, 2013 12:36 PM

Apr 2009
stAtic91 said:
Xinception said:
It's barely shown in the manga. I didn't even get that she was thrown the first time I read it. The entire walls are titans part was completely left out until the short scene after the credits, and this is what you care about? Or were you being sarcastic?

Call it pedantic, but it shows that Eren is conscious and thinking when using his titan form for basically the first time, instead of being a blithering retard. He can even comprehend and follow Armin's instructions.
Sep 28, 2013 12:38 PM
Jul 2013
stAtic91 said:
Xinception said:

It was heavily implied so.

But think about it, wouldn't it have been better if Eren threw Mikasa instead?

More logical to explain how she got up there faster than the rest.

Shows teamwork between them, despite having different methods of fighting (3DMG, Titan Form)

But eh, kinda disappointed. I'll still give this episode a 5 though. The actions make up for it.
Sep 28, 2013 12:40 PM
Mar 2011
Amarrez said:
garnite said:
Amarrez said:

No 3DMG.

http://i.imgur.com/aCxx4UG.jpg

She flies up after being thrown and then uses 3DMG to cut across to Annie.

But that's clearly just a close up of what really happened. Once she begins to pursue Annie, you only see two close ups, and in one you see the 3DMG which I think you're supposed to presume was the means to her getting up there. I think it's completely assuming to say that Eren threw her, as the only indication is Armin's reaction, which I'm pretty sure is only with regards to his new found control and alertness as a titan. Of course that's going to surprise Armin. Eren looks content and ready for action, but not like he just chucked Mikasa into the sky. Bit fan-fictiony.
Sep 28, 2013 12:43 PM

Feb 2012
Amarrez said:
stAtic91 said:
Xinception said:

Call it pedantic, but it shows that Eren is conscious and thinking when using his titan form for basically the first time, instead of being a blithering retard. He can even comprehend and follow Armin's instructions.
Exactly, that really annoyed the fuk outta me. It really showed Eren's growth in the manga that he is slolwy learning to control his Titan but nope let's make him rage everywhere like a brain dead twat cause it's cooler.
Sep 28, 2013 12:46 PM

Apr 2011
Poor Annie... one of my favs. R.I.P.
10/10 for the anime, but I can't beileve they messed up one of the most important scene in this anime. 1/5 for the episode.
Next season when?
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Sep 28, 2013 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
Meruru_Arls said:
Poor Annie... one of my favs. R.I.P. 10/10 for the anime, it's one of the best I've seen in about 5 years.
Kudos...
Next season when?

She's not actually dead
Sep 28, 2013 12:50 PM

Apr 2011
ErenxMikasa said:
Meruru_Arls said:
Poor Annie... one of my favs. R.I.P. 10/10 for the anime, it's one of the best I've seen in about 5 years.
Kudos...
Next season when?

She's not actually dead

I think they said if she is removed from the crystal. She will die.
Sep 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Dec 2012
Wow this episode was terrible, they didn't adapt it well from the manga 2/5

Overall it was an okay series, there were a lot of annoying moments and repetitive vapid dialogue. Eren is a terrible main character, the anime adaption didn't make him any better, so one dimensional and lacks growth and depth, Misaka was cool but that's about it. I enjoyed hearing my favorite voice actor Kamiya Hiroshi voicing Levi, he fitted him perfectly. Not gonna watch a second season of this, I will just stick to the manga and probably just put it on hold since it's so slow paced right now. The manga is better 6/10.
Sep 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Aug 2013
Meruru_Arls said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Meruru_Arls said:
Kudos...
Next season when?

She's not actually dead

I don't remember them saying that in the manga.
Sep 28, 2013 12:52 PM
Jul 2013
ErenxMikasa said:
Meruru_Arls said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Meruru_Arls said:
Kudos...
Next season when?

She's not actually dead

I don't remember them saying that in the manga.

Nope, they never stated that.

Jul 2013
giving this episode a 8/10

they should have ended with hanji talking with the pastor after the wall... also levi should stay outta this, he is injured, mikasa should be thrown by eren up to annie...
well i dont mind the fire-mode, for me it was more like all his body parts regenerating

i give the whole series a 9.5/10, there are minor details which bugs me, but really, compared to other animes it is really one of the good ones

i think for season 2 they need to reanimated the last episode, this time following the manga, which leads directly to the next event of the other characters
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com

Apr 2009
I never got a vibe Eren actually threw Mikasa, I think you guys made it up yourselves based on one blurry manga panel that can be interpreted in different ways, Eren throwing Mikasa not even being the most obvious/logical one.
Season 2 they can easily start with the wall scene extended version, pretending after the credit one second reveal never happened. Even if they not, postponing the reveal will still be kinda passable, should they find a way to bring there all the characters needed.
Also fire titan looked like an exaggerated version of Eren's regeneration effect previously shown when he lost and regained his arm in the end of episode 7, only extended to injuries he got all over his body after being mauled by FT.
So I'm pretty pleased with the episode.
KlimatSep 28, 2013 12:57 PM
Sep 28, 2013 12:53 PM

Apr 2011
tsudecimo said:
Wow this episode was terrible, they didn't adapt it well from the manga 2/5

Overall it was an okay series, there were a lot of annoying moments and repetitive vapid dialogue. Eren is a terrible main character, the anime adaption didn't make him any better, so one dimensional and lacks growth and depth, Misaka was cool but that's about it. I enjoyed hearing my favorite voice actor Kamiya Hiroshi voicing Levi, he fitted him perfectly. Not gonna watch a second season of this, I will just stick to the manga and probably just put it on hold since it's so slow paced right now. The manga is better 6/10.

Yes, I can't believe they waited until the final episode to mess everything up. I'm in rage mode now.
Sep 28, 2013 12:53 PM

May 2009
Amarrez said:
stAtic91 said:
Xinception said:

When you put it like this it's more understandable why you wanted them to keep that in.
Sep 28, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
BishonenOtaku said:
Holy shit these manga readers are starting to piss me off so damn bad

Sorry for disturbing you
Sep 28, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
It was a good ending for a show that hasn't been guaranteed a 2nd season. Rather then delving into a whole other thing, they put the titan in the wall as a brief post-credits thing as a hint of more to come.
Sep 28, 2013 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
Amarrez said:
I just realized that they had Mikasa pull Eren away from the titan instead of Armin. They're really pushing that ship, huh?
No complaints here

Regarding Eren's "fire mode"

Am I the only person who didn't dislike it?

Titans are hot steam comes off them when they heal or exert themselves ( the armored titan breaking through wall Maria, Eren carrying the boulder). The fire, to me represented Eren pushing himself to the limit, the fire instead of the steam is Eren's body being pushed to its limits, sure it's different from the manga but there are much worse differences in this episode (the reveal of the wa titan dafuq?) .
Sep 28, 2013 1:03 PM

Sep 2011
6/10 episode. So many things changed and that deus ex machina; I lol'd.

8.5/10 series
Sep 28, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2011
MikasaxEren said:
Amarrez said:
I just realized that they had Mikasa pull Eren away from the titan instead of Armin. They're really pushing that ship, huh?
No complaints here

Titans are hot steam comes off them when they heal or exert themselves ( the armored titan breaking through wall Maria, Eren carrying the boulder). The fire, to me represented Eren pushing himself to the limit, the fire instead of the steam is Eren's body being pushed to its limits, sure it's different from the manga but there are much worse differences in this episode (the reveal of the wa titan dafuq?) .

Yes... That fire mode bs ruin everything. What were they thinking... geez.
Sep 28, 2013 1:07 PM

Jan 2010
The most overated anime of 2013 finally ends. Kill la kill will take its legacy though but I guess its okay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 1:08 PM

Oct 2010
MikasaxEren said:
Amarrez said:
No complaints here

I didn't dislike it. Rage mode. Manga readers am mad. Probably just as fiery sitting at their computers.
Sep 28, 2013 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
* FACEPALMS *

I would like the last episode redone for and if Season 2 comes out.

For the life of me, why a material so clear to be adapted should be incinerated by rubbing Jean in my face, boosting Levi's character as if he needs it, and, seriously, Eren and the Wall are done horrible.

The fight went downhill without Armin and Mikasa. It was SO important for Eren to punch away Annie's head in the end, wasn't it, when the opposite actually made the suspense in the manga!

The good points are Annie and Mikasa. When I see the TL, Erwin vs. Dawk might line-up here.

3/5 for the episode. I really expected more, not less.

9/10 for the series - remains.
Sep 28, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
Meruru_Arls said:
MikasaxEren said:
Amarrez said:
No complaints here

Why? When titans exert themselves steam comes off of them, Eren was pushing himself to the max and became hotter - fire is hotter than steam.
Whilst not faithful to the manga, there are much worse changes in the episode

I mean they totally botched the wall titan reveal.
Sep 28, 2013 1:13 PM

Apr 2011
Pipoko said:
Meruru_Arls said:
MikasaxEren said:
Amarrez said:
No complaints here

People say that.. yet, thinking about it, what exactly did it ruin or change in the overall picture? It's so easy to criticize something just because it isn't in the source. Yes, it's out of nowhere, yes it's ridiculous, but what exactly did that change in the overall scheme of things?

It ruins its future potential as an anime, and out of alll 25 episodes. This was the only one that made me rage. I truly hate deus ex machina. Why can't people be creative anymore.
Sep 28, 2013 1:13 PM
Sep 2009
Meruru_Arls said:
ErenxMikasa said:
Meruru_Arls said:
Kudos...
Next season when?

She's not actually dead

It's a guess, they have no idea what could happen.

And to be honest, if Isayama wanted her dead he should have just killed her instead of creating a crystal thing. So I'm sure she is still alive.

Besides her last memories are of her father saying "Come back home".
Pages (34) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

41 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.