Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2013 7:28 PM

Apr 2010
Hahahahaha it's been a while since I've laughed at this show.

Sep 28, 2013 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
Ahh, I knew that Serika-san wouldn't see it properly. >_> If only Amanti hadn't changed seats with her!! Grr. xD I totally want to see a proper romance between them, but I think that'll take a while. :3

Gah, Sharon Obacchan made me cry. ALS is a terrible, terrible disease. I love to play the piano, I love to cook, I love to be around children. It kills me inside to see her reminisce, because it makes me think, "What if I'll be like that one day?"

It's so sad... But you know, the whole, "You can use our hands instead" thing was really beautiful. :)

Come on, Mutta! You can make it to the moon for Aunt Sharon!
It was a little heartbreaking for her to say, "I may not be able to speak", though :'(

Preview: Hehe, finally a fangirl acknowledges Hibito's hotness. xD I'm sorry, but he's pretty handsome. I'm excited about the next episode, we haven't seen Hibito in this way yet. :3 Maybe it'll be nice if he gets into a relationship! Although, I can't stand the name Olga. >_>

I'd like to point out how cultural this show is, though. It's really beautiful to see so many different kinds of people, all working together for science :D
fishergirl16Sep 28, 2013 7:34 PM
Sep 28, 2013 8:03 PM

Aug 2013
fishergirl16 said:
Ahh, I knew that Serika-san wouldn't see it properly. >_> If only Amanti hadn't changed seats with her!! Grr. xD I totally want to see a proper romance between them, but I think that'll take a while. :3

I don't think it would have changed much if she were further back. The real problem is that Serika doesn't really think that way. Kitamura on the other hand... She knew EXACTLY what it was. I wonder if she'll say something?
Sep 28, 2013 8:48 PM

May 2011
Ahh, what a perfect sandwich of sensations. I laughed really hard with the heart mistake. But then Sharon, thinking about what she use to do for the brothers. I really felt the impact of that because she wasn't thinking of the things she couldn't do for herself. ;_; But then those last lines of the episode, I really hope Sharon gets to hear the good news soon.
Sep 28, 2013 9:11 PM

May 2009
Man, that was a great episode! I noticed that Mutta said a line commonly said by Ryoma in Prince of Tennis. I don't know if that was coincidence, but it's still awesome!

That was funny when Butler saw the Heart. What a total misunderstanding!

PaleBlue said:
fishergirl16 said:

I don't think it would have changed much if she were further back. The real problem is that Serika doesn't really think that way. Kitamura on the other hand... She knew EXACTLY what it was. I wonder if she'll say something?

I never thought about it like that. But I hope it works out between Serika and Mutta.
Sep 28, 2013 9:31 PM

Jul 2009
Oh dear god, this show really knows how to pull me back in inches from losing interest. The acrobatics scene had me ROLLING
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 28, 2013 11:13 PM

Nov 2009
"I can no longer do any of the things...I once could." - Sharon

These are the single most emotionally charged words I've heard in the entire series so far.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Sep 29, 2013 2:56 AM

Feb 2010
dat misunderstanding lol

Sharon is such a trooper for hanging in there. Her slow deterioration is hard to watch...
Sep 29, 2013 4:14 AM

Aug 2011
That was a great episode.
The misunderstanding with Butler... omg x'''''D I lol'd.
Then suddenly I was almost brought to tears :( Poor, poor Sharon, that scene was just heartbreaking...
Sep 29, 2013 6:54 AM
Mar 2011
Did anyone else think of that mole lady from One Piece that Usopp and Chopper fought when they showed Molita(?) during that little filler at the end of the episode? lol
Sep 29, 2013 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
fulminicolibri said:
PaleBlue said:
fishergirl16 said:

I never thought about it like that. But I hope it works out between Serika and Mutta.

I'm not sure Kitamura would say anything to Serika, since she knows the heart was meant for her. That interference seems a little too direct for anime, even if the characters are adults and obviously not in high school anymore. She *might* say something to Mutta though, which might set the stage for some romantic hijinks if she tries to help him get together with her. Date Plan in the future?
PaleBlueSep 29, 2013 9:24 AM
Sep 29, 2013 11:36 AM

Sep 2010
The chief's reaction to the heart actually made me laugh out loud, that was great. I wish it went better with Serika, but it seems like one of those relationship that might never happen in the show.

Awesome avatar PaleBlue
Sep 29, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2011
IM FEEELINGGGG

That was hilarious though, the misunderstandings and screw ups! It all worked out in the end though, in a very odd way, so that's good.

It's sad to see Sharon's condition, she's beginning to lose hope and I fear that her judgement may be right on the money, as that recorder will probably play a huge part in the future. I fear that my hopes of having the cure created quickly aren't going to happen, the disease is rapidly getting worse compared to the several years they said it could have possibly taken.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 30, 2013 12:10 PM

May 2011
Died laughing in the first half, and sobbed in the second half. Uchuu Kyoudai, why must you hurt me so?

Sep 30, 2013 12:25 PM

Sep 2009
HAHAHAH. I laughed so much about Butler's reaction .. hahahah :P
He blushed..
Sep 30, 2013 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
Everyone here had the same reaction for this episode.

The moment I saw that recording device I knew Sharon had not much time left T__________________________________T
Oct 1, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
HAHAHAHAHA
The heart part made me crack up so hard
Oct 2, 2013 9:47 PM

May 2012
Yes, Lunar Training at last for Mutta!!!
Oct 4, 2013 6:56 PM

Sep 2011
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay finally, Nanbaaa!! :D
oooooooh So much feelings with Sharon ToT Don't die please!
AnaPaulaGohOct 4, 2013 7:02 PM
Oct 6, 2013 6:56 AM

Jul 2012
AHAHAHA chief butlers reaction was priceless! great episode.
Oct 24, 2013 11:39 PM
Aug 2011
It went from amusing to depressing then hopeful at the end. This show man.
Dec 28, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2009
OH MY GOD ... Poor Mutta and his flying tricks XD LAUGHED SO HARD when Butler thought the heart was for him ... and Serika totally saw it wrong :( Poor guy ... and then Butler's reaction when he was confronted the next day! Man I was laughing crazy hard XD
Then it got really depressing ... oh noes Sharon :( Well at least she's getting the help she was promised ... though starting that recording for Mutta was really sad, especially when she was remembering the things she can't do anymore >_< Augh ... why you gotta do this?! D:
Hibito goes to Russia for his rehab? O_O "Olga" eh ... this will be interesting :O
Mar 23, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2012
I died laughing when Butler misinterpreted the heart (and then Mutta was like "I hope you understood my feelings") and when Serika didn't know what it was when the other girls did LOL

Great ep.

parfaited said:
It went from amusing to depressing then hopeful at the end. This show man.

^^^^
Aug 1, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Poor Sharon, someone give her a hug. I hope she will be able to speak to Mutta when he reaches the moon.
Sep 26, 2014 9:20 AM

Nov 2010
So many different emotions displayed throughout
Seeing more of the vertical climb roll coming from Mutta and his confession to Serika was amazing
Sadly the latter failed on the angle, though Kitamura seemed to understand his intention
Also Chief Butler misunderstanding it was hilarious

The second part showing the suffering of Sharon was painful
It was nice to know Morrisson stopped by showing his gathered support to the Lunar Telescope project

Jennifer as a mole at the end was just cute
Nov 2, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
Lol this ep...
Fist half got me laughing on the floor at that "heart-shaped" acrobatics part XD the chief was so troubled and he blushed so hard OMG I can't take it lol XD and dem misunderstanding really ROFL!

but that second half...
Sharon's suffering was a bit too painful.. She's been holding back the pain all for herself.. She was so kind and I must say, a perfect mother in the world... But she never had the chance to raise her own child, so she wanted to use her hands for the best of the 2 brothers... Yet now her hands are going to be taken.. Really, when Sharon FINALLY cried I can't take it, I'm going to weep all night x.x T_T

Sharon best parent ever
Jan 13, 2015 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
That heart misunderstanding had me laughing so hard. And then Mutta says that's "his way of expressing his feelings" and refuses to back off. x'D

Ahhh. Poor Mutta. I'm pretty sure Serika was the only one who didn't realize it was supposed to be a heart.

I am glad that he'll finally get to train for lunar missions, though.

This is sad. Sharon has reached the point where she feels she needs to record the instructions for building the lunar telescope... not that I blame her. She was like a second mother to Mutta and Hibito. :/
Mar 31, 2015 1:02 AM

Jun 2009
May 15, 2015 8:05 AM

Mar 2013
ay lmao the chief blushed
Nov 25, 2015 12:58 AM

Mar 2012
There we go, about time he lets Mutta train for a moon mission. Should've been clear that he deserved it after he helped out with the new buggy design.
Feb 3, 2016 6:09 AM
Dec 2009
Sharon.... I'm nervous every time they show her now. I hope she is still with the guys when Mutta makes it to the moon...
Dec 31, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
Episode 75 - My Hands:

I miss Deniel Young, he was such a good instructor for Mutta and Hibito.

"If you can draw a heart in the sky, you're qualified. If you ensure your sweetheart is watching, you stand a good chance of getting your girl." (Deneil Young)

Too bad Serika didn't notice the heart, she saw an Alien Baltan... But, instead Chief Butler noticed the heart.

"I managed to leave a lasting impression on the chief" (Mutta about the Chief) Sure thing, with the heart, I'm sure of it.

"I like my hands. I never got to hold my own child with these hands... I never got to change diapers or feed my baby... So for this moment, I want my hands to be those of a mother" (Sharon)

"Mr. Nanba... Please come with me. It's time to begin. It's time to begin your journey to the moon." (Vincent to Mutta)

5/5
Jan 10, 2017 4:14 AM

May 2015
Hhahaha...Nanba has feelings for Butler. I knew it. :DD

Poor Sharon.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 26, 2017 12:57 AM

Jul 2015
From laughs to lots of feels, this anime is truly an experience.

Time for Mutta to start the moon training?
Sep 22, 2017 1:58 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely episode, but damn that ending with Sharon :/ but well it's a good portion of drama to this anime I'd say! Looking forwards to see Mutta's training to go to the moon!
Mar 15, 2018 7:52 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, the boss thinks Mutta is in love with him.
My heart is breaking apart everytime I see Sharon, too sad.
Apr 21, 2020 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was superb! I’m loving this series so much, it’ll become one of my favorite.
Nov 4, 2020 3:32 PM

Dec 2007
i'm not exaggerating, but i believe this was the funniest episode of uchuu kyoday, just couldn't stop laughing when the director saw the heart and thought "huh? that was for me?" and the scene after that when mutta was begged him, i really was afraid to awake all the house with my laughing xDDDD

too bad mutta haven't achieved his goal with that heart...

the transmit from comedy to drama were good as usual, it was really tearful to see sharon in wheelchair...

and finally

mutta

going

to the

MOON!
Nov 25, 2020 5:51 AM
Apr 2016
The funniest episode so far for me, I was laughing out-loud for the first time in a while.

The ending was tragic on the other hand, it depicted the curse of old-age very well — inability to do things on your own, ad hoc necessity to request younger people to help you do the most basic tasks, and the slow but piercing dread of seeing + feeling your body refuse to listen to you.
Apr 14, 2023 3:19 PM
May 2015
One of the best episodes of this great series. This is a perfect example of "adult themes" that have nothing to do with gratuity. Both the silly and the serious parts were brilliantly executed and had immense impact. I laughed and I felt the overbearing weight of reality.

I really appreciate early on that they cleared up that Mutta and Hibito's parents were not bad at raising their kids. Initially it felt somewhat like Sharon was filling in for something larger, but what she really represents is someone with whom they could relate in terms of passion while also getting the guidance a parent can provide. The layers in this story are amazing and keep it from feeling like just another manga/anime. I am immersed in the reality of these characters, even though it is a vision of a future that definitely couldn't see far beyond the technological limits of the mid-2000s. This episode along with Hibito's solo walk on the Moon are two of the best things within a larger story I've ever witnessed.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.