Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2013 6:50 AM
Feb 2012
And here I thought being in outer space and reentering the atmosphere were a dangerous thing to do. Silly me.~

Now give me Index III already.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 29, 2013 7:01 AM
Sep 2012
I'm like everyone else in thinking that the Sisters Arc is simply the great and I also liked the Silent Party filler arc too. It's too bad that they had to ruin the season with a bullshit ending that made no fucking sense.

How the hell can people with wooden bats and metal poles take down a mech, and how the hell does an air line robot transform into a Gundam?

This season would've been a 9/10 for me, but the bullshit ending dropped my score down to 8/10 - and that's only because of the godly Sisters Arc.
GuiltyKing said:
And here I thought being in outer space and reentering the atmosphere were a dangerous thing to do. Silly me.~

Now give me Index III already.
Kuroko did teleport them to the surface right after, and you can technically survive in space for about a minute without a space suit, but they were all clearly out there for more than a minute. Also, even if you accept that Mikoto could somehow shoot a Gundam at a missile, the recoil from that firing should've launched Mikoto in the opposite direction at the same speed - so how can Kuroko catch her?
IconicSep 29, 2013 7:14 AM
Sep 29, 2013 7:06 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:

Finally, Kongou being heavily involved in the story automatically makes this arc a big contradiction to the timeline as Kongou is suppose to be a new transfer student in Tokiwadai and arrived at around August 26-27.

Well the entire thing with Kongou is BS since season 1 but anyway.
Sep 29, 2013 7:17 AM

Aug 2012
did they just hinted liberal arts arc at the end?

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Sep 29, 2013 7:21 AM
Oct 2009
They are talking about Liberal Arts City at the end ! RAILGUN SS WHEN ?
Sep 29, 2013 7:23 AM

Jul 2010
God, this arc ruined this season for me. It was so boring and painful to watch, at least it's over now :/ Giving it an 8, because Sisters arc was just awesome.
Sep 29, 2013 7:27 AM
Feb 2013
Gimme Index III already. Also please J.C.Staff, stop doing original arcs. Or at least, choose some capable writer who also knows about Raildex universe.
That arc was so full of bullshit I should have skipped the dialogues.
Overall, since Sister's Arc was godlike, I don't know how to rate the series. Forget those 7 last episodes or lower my score.
Sep 29, 2013 7:32 AM
Aug 2013
Thank you guys for getting my head straight. I'm such a big sucker for explosives and all kinds of impossibilities, so I completely loved the last episode, eheh ^^'

But looking at all the massive flaws, plotholes and whatnot, I can understand the frustration the episode and arc has brought. Personally, I enjoyed it a lot, although the Sisters Arc stood out far more than the second, far more gripping and memorable. I decided to push the Index timeline aside in my head to enjoy this a little bit more, but from the comments, it appeared this whole event could not have taken place at all. Interesting.

Also, space. I personally never like it when they pull off the whole upper-atmosphere thing, but I don't think you'll be able to live through that without some serious injury and whatnot. Oh well, flaws be flaws. Still was pretty epic to look at.
Sep 29, 2013 7:41 AM
Aug 2013
The action was good.

I'll just ignore everything else.
Sep 29, 2013 7:49 AM

Sep 2009
Phh. People are to critical. At least Silent Party was better than final arc of S1. And the same: final ep saved arc for me. So all in all 9/10 for this season(same as for the first one).
Sep 29, 2013 7:52 AM

Apr 2013
Well, that filler was so boring I had to skip through it.

At least the Sister Arc was incredible. Far better than the one adapted in Index.
Sep 29, 2013 8:07 AM
May 2013
Hmmm, Well. I thought this was completely epic.
Although some people seem to be making some things up when they comment to try to make inconsistencies. I can't really comment on the time scale, I haven't read the light novels, but I do know roughly when things happen.I did watch both the Index Anime. JC Staff may have made some slip up in that case. But that isn't really a big problem.

Someone said "How can they breath and talk in space?" Answer is: They didn't talk. You can hold you're breath.

Another said "How was Misaka able to take out all those powered suits when she could barely do anything against one"
Well, She dropped her arcade coin that time, so that's why.

And with the powered suits vs. judgement battle. Most of the poking with sticks was mediocre, but Diffusion Ghost is just the manipulation of electrical devices, it won't work on a device that doesn't have the circuits to work, the reason why they won't work when they have giant poles driven through them. The whole matter of a battery isn't an issue either as the AIM Field will provide the power as it is an energy source.

You could probably put a valid argument up for every "logical" contradiction or inconsistency.

Still gets a 10/10 from me. Just give me Railgun S3.
Sep 29, 2013 8:31 AM

Dec 2011
I need another season T^T
Compared to the last one, this season was definitely more serious and had less fillers. I enjoyed that they worked on the plot a bit more while still being able to have that fun aspect I love about Academy City. While the first Sisters arc took much longer than I thought necessary, I still found myself loving everything about it and I cried in the Touma x Mikasa episode xD

All the characters are so great and have all gone through some development from this season and the last. I love this anime so much >//< I hope there's another season :D
Great anime, great art, great soundtrack, and badass characters. 9/10
Sep 29, 2013 8:44 AM

May 2013
I love everything 10/10

This Feel :(

Its kind a funny seeing Saten-San Fighting with a Baseball bat
that last Massive Railgun was awesome it was very awesome
Sep 29, 2013 8:45 AM
Oct 2010
Well, that was awful, if only it had ended with the Sister's arc...

I'm having a hard time giving this a final rating. How much does the filler cheapens the overall?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 29, 2013 8:51 AM
Oct 2010
lmfao wow!! HAHAH, I am glad they can breathe in space, not burn up in the atmosphere and what not. For a show that has a heavy science element to it.. just lol
Sep 29, 2013 8:56 AM

Feb 2008
This last arc was rather meh.
Going to give this 2nd season a solid 7/10, though it's mostly because of how awesome the Accel arc was :3
Sep 29, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2006
There was action, nice music, nice visuals, and appearances of many characters, even if some were just 2 second cameos.

I agree that it's not consistent with the RailDex storyline, some characters' got weird powerups, and weird things happened (space railgun and gundam kongou). But well, after the mess of the Silent Party arc, this is a good episode to wrap it up. Beats most of Index's episodes (but not all) and the Endymion movie, which are more ... boring.
Sep 29, 2013 9:19 AM

Jan 2012
Too much songs spams, it feels some doesn't even fit with the scenario.
Sep 29, 2013 9:28 AM

May 2013
I thought this arc was okay. Love the series.
Sep 29, 2013 9:30 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Really enjoyable :) 9/10 to the series. Now I hope to see Index III
Sep 29, 2013 9:40 AM

Aug 2011
I loved both arcs but of course the first was a lot better. Great ending to the Silent party arc. It was really exciting. 10/10 I really love this series XD
Sep 29, 2013 10:02 AM
Aug 2013
The reason why Misaka could take down those robots so easily, despite having trouble against the first one, is because:

1. She thought that the first robot was manned, and was probably holding back with her iron sand attack.
2. She was trying to control the robot with her electricity, not damage it.

Here, it's shown that she can damage them fine with her electricity. Judging from her fatigue, it's also possible that she's upped her output as well.
Sep 29, 2013 10:15 AM

Jul 2010
I thought Touma would appear and save Misaka. LOL my wishful thinking.
Sep 29, 2013 10:18 AM

Jun 2011
Well this series have been fun. Always love the Raildex universe.

Love that the 2 OP played along with Future Gazer and Level 5 Judgelight. Though the series wasnt as good after episode 16, it was still alright.

Guess this arc happened before the movie cause Endymion is still up.

Cant wait for Index III, COME ON JC STAFF YOU KNOW PEOPLE WANT IT!
Sep 29, 2013 10:21 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit how did they do it!? That was crazy!!! That teamwork man, that teamwork. Ive always wanted an ending like that for those shounen anime when they bring up those OP final bosses, but they never do it! >:(

The arc itself was pretty bad, but the final 2 episodes... its hard to deny its greatness, in my eyes of course.
Sep 29, 2013 10:37 AM

Mar 2012
That was great.
Sister arc is really god-like while Silent party arc is ok to me.
how i enjoy this anime?

episode 1-4 : Hyped
episode 5-11 : This is getting kinda dramatic
episode 12-15 : Holy Shit! that was too damn awesome!
episode 16 - 23 : it was ok, Febri is really cute though
episode 24 : OMG!!!! everyone went badass to kick Robot ass!

I like Misaka so much! great characters, FripSide is always the most epic singer, good art style.

Overall score : 10/10

Waiting for Index III
i hope J.C. staff will adapt all To aru light novels/manga.
also Accelerator needs to get his own anime spin-off series so he is now the main character of the series while Last Order is the comic-relief character.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 29, 2013 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
9/10. Finally the Raildex universe hits its stride. This was by far the best thing to come out of it, and I would absolutely love Index III to be made at this level of quality. One of my favorite shows of 2013 so far.
Sep 29, 2013 11:01 AM
Apr 2013
belatkuro said:
symbv said:
Actually by this episode, Accelerator had already met LO. This episode takes place on Aug 31st early morning and Accelerator met LO the previous night, and Touma was not bedridden at that time - in fact Misaka went right after the combat in this episode for a date with Touma. But anyway, I do not see those scenes at the end credit as all happening immediately after the events in this arc but some time afterwards.

In fact fans in Japan constructed a timeline with pics that show how the events in this arc fit into the Index and Railgun timelines that already exist, proving that there is no contradictions for this anime original arc (although it indeed makes Misaka extremely busy lol).
http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/66_20130928232338f74.jpg
Accelerator met LO on Aug 31, not Aug 30. And Misaka came out of her dorm before she went on a date with Touma on the same date, Aug 31. That's why that is not possible.

And I've actually been counting the days myself since the start of this arc. I posted my count on each episode thread.
Ep 17: August 23(next day after cookie scene with Misaka and Touma)
Ep 18: August 24-25(two days passed as they visited Banri, gets discharged the next day then meets Febri)
Ep19: August 25-26(nighttime when they adopted Febri up until new day)
Ep 20: August 26-27(gets attacked by powered suit, Febri hospitalized, episode ended on a new day)
Ep 21: Same day August 27(no change in sky brightness)
Ep 22: August 27-28(Misaka interrogates Kihara, new day when she found Shinobu)
Ep 23: August 28-29(preparations, final battle)
Ep 24: August 29 obviously.

If we're to take the epilogue to happen exactly the following day, August 30, then it still won't make sense as again, Accel hasn't met LO and Touma isn't back at school yet. September 1 is also out as that's the battle with Sherry Cromwell and Misaka is also in there.

Finally, Kongou being heavily involved in the story automatically makes this arc a big contradiction to the timeline as Kongou is suppose to be a new transfer student in Tokiwadai and arrived at around August 26-27.

Look, Kongou was introduced earlier in the anime than in the manga.

Btw, we could safely tell that the Poltergeist arc is canon for those of you who didn't know. Check the trivia sections of the link for more info.
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Haruue_Erii

And the epilogue of episode 24 of Railgun S happened during September 2, since they mentioned during the epilogue that there were gonna go to Liberal Arts City the next day. Refer to this calendar for more info.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/7/7d/A_Certain_Unified_Calendar.png
albertrojasSep 29, 2013 11:06 AM
Sep 29, 2013 11:01 AM

Sep 2011
Zeta986 said:
That was great.
Sister arc is really god-like while Silent party arc is ok to me.
how i enjoy this anime?

episode 1-4 : Hyped
episode 5-11 : This is getting kinda dramatic
episode 12-15 : Holy Shit! that was too damn awesome!
episode 16 - 23 : it was ok, Febri is really cute though
episode 24 : OMG!!!! everyone went badass to kick Robot ass!

I had a very similar reaction.

Episode 1-4 : Very Good
Episode 5-18 : Amazing!!!
Episode 19-22 : Meh... its alright...
Episode 23 : Hyped
Episode 24 : Holy shit! Epic!

xD
Sep 29, 2013 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
the tense, they really did the final episode well...

atmosphere: 10/10 (the sisters....nuff said)
Srory: 9/10 (could be 10/10 if silent party's story extended a bit)
chara: 8/10 (while accelerator and others are badass, i kinda disliked some of them)

overall: 9/10

definetly one of the best anime of the year >.<... the best thing from the series is how is how they revamped Accelerator's fight from small plasma attack into some kind of Gigantic Lightning tornado that was about to destroy the whole city... if they made a movie recap of sisters arc, i'll definetly watch it >.<

Hurry up Index III
Sep 29, 2013 11:24 AM

Mar 2008
Amazing final episode. The series was perfect in every way. 10/10 all the way for me.
Sep 29, 2013 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
how am i suppose to live without misaka now :(
Sep 29, 2013 11:49 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Evostorm said:

Also, space. I personally never like it when they pull off the whole upper-atmosphere thing, but I don't think you'll be able to live through that without some serious injury and whatnot. Oh well, flaws be flaws. Still was pretty epic to look at.

Saints can apparently survive in outer space (movie). I assume somehow level 5 espers of Misaka's caliber can briefly do the same.

However, there were too many inconsistencies with timeline that I won't even try to untangle it. It's a MESS.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 29, 2013 11:50 AM

Aug 2011
That was a bad arc.... though if there's ever a S3 then Daihasei Festival Arc will be the bomb.
Sep 29, 2013 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
9/10
Sisters arc - 10 ofc
Filler arc - 8
So I end up at 9, makes sence? :P
Now give me some Index III
Sep 29, 2013 12:02 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa it finally ended. I love that they used old music from the first season of Railgun. I was really expecting for them to release Index III! Please make it happen.

Sisters Arc is really good, this Silent Party arc, not so much... but still pretty amazing overall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
wakka9ca said:
Evostorm said:

Saints can apparently survive in outer space (movie). I assume somehow level 5 espers of Misaka's caliber can briefly do the same.

However, there were too many inconsistencies with timeline that I won't even try to untangle it. It's a MESS.
Level 5 doesen't mean that she can breath in space. Its just that she is strong and useful for Aleister. Her power is electricity and that isn't helping anything when you can't breath.

But Judgement fighting of the robots is actually legit. At one point someone said "Take advantage of their simple AI". So the robots are strong, when you fight them one on one, but can be confused by a coordinated zergrush. Also obviously Janie can't control anything empty, she controls something like a control-unit. So they can be taken out by Kurukos Spears.
Sep 29, 2013 12:29 PM

May 2011
If i gave a shit about this arc, i probably would've been all hypey. Whatever, this arc doesn't exist, so 9/10 overall for the sister's arc.
Sep 29, 2013 12:39 PM

Feb 2013
Soooo... Anyone else just going to ignore everything after Sister's arc? XD

Yeah, I'm going to ignore this filler happened, and go with 9/10.
Sep 29, 2013 12:41 PM

Oct 2010
I screamed when Judgelight and all those cameos came on. Although Silent Party was mediocre, I can't bear to give this season less than an 8/10. I'm just going to start the manga because I can't wait to learn about the actual events of the Daihasei Festival.

Sep 29, 2013 12:53 PM
Mar 2013
Railgun`s ridiculousness has finally caught up to Index standards. Now I wonder if it is a good or a bad sign. Guess I don't care while there is Saten with baseball bat beating up robots. :P
Sep 29, 2013 1:02 PM

Jun 2009
Wow...

People really do hate Silent Party...

Personally, I don't find it that bad. Sure, Sister Arc was way better, but still.

8/10 for Sister
6/10 for Silent

7/10 for the whole thing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 1:27 PM

Apr 2010
Nice episode pretty much the only two things i disliked about it where the background music and the main villain.
Speaking of the main villain he was the worse villain i have seen so far in Railgun, he was to narcissistic and to much of a hypocrite.
Luckily the arc is over and we probably don't have to see him anymore for a while.

The shameful part is that this anime is over and i will miss it hopefully a follow up will come out anytime soon but i guess we will have to wait and see.
And i still have a Index movie left to watch for the near future.
Sep 29, 2013 1:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Frontalbrise said:
wakka9ca said:

Level 5 doesen't mean that she can breath in space. Its just that she is strong and useful for Aleister. Her power is electricity and that isn't helping anything when you can't breath.

Nope, it doesn't really help her. However, you should wonder why they aren't freezing first at that altitude. Like I said, there are too many inconsistencies here to take it seriously.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 29, 2013 1:52 PM

May 2011
Let me tell you why this is bullshit...

Sisters Arc 10/10
This Arc 2+/10

Overall 7/10 (cause this arc sucks so much... >.<)
Sep 29, 2013 2:10 PM
Apr 2013
Meh.. not enough Touma!
Sep 29, 2013 2:13 PM
Apr 2013
skudoops said:
lmfao wow!! HAHAH, I am glad they can breathe in space, not burn up in the atmosphere and what not. For a show that has a heavy science element to it.. just lol

Not to mention how the lack of air pressure at that altitude would just make them simply explode...
Sep 29, 2013 2:54 PM
Jan 2013
That was awesome. Right, "transformer" was dumb as fuck, but still awesome.
Oh and darkness was so dark that I have to take off my sunglasses to see anything, heh.

There was some problems with timeline? Well, Railgun didn't go with LN timeline in the first place so fuck that shit.

I'm waiting for season 3 and Index 3 before that of course.
Sep 29, 2013 3:18 PM
Jan 2013
it was good but for me it wasn't enough coming from railgun another anime and it would of been good but expected more from this great series 8/10
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

104 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.