Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 8, 2020 5:53 AM

Oct 2019
Sister Arc is great.
Silent Party Arc is boring.
8/10
Jan 12, 2020 2:31 PM

Apr 2012
Hatsuyuki said:
objkenkage said:
quite a bad episode, the series was good overal but I hated this particular episode, I just couldn't stand the loud songs that were played during the entire length right one after the other to the point where I ended taking off the headphones most of the time because of those annoying songs.

Right ? Didn't know JC Staff started doing AMVs
The entire episode felt like one big montage that eliminated whatever tension it had left. A poorly put together arc which I'll overlook; the "Sisters Arc (which I loved) hands down carried the season 9/10

Oh btw...
The battle with those mechs and the flash mob of volunteers could've been convincing if they were random espers instead of kids with sticks.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 21, 2020 6:35 AM
Mar 2012
That's a fun epic mecha fight, dialed way over last arc of S1.
Sisters Arc was amazing in developing both Misaka, her sisters, Accelerator & Touma.
Silent Party Study Arc was silly. Study's ideals wasn't wrong, but went about in a low level villain way. Study could've peacefully presented there, or find companies that would buy their products, or even leave Academy City since there's so many countries needing war machines. They also didn't explain if they recreate the lollipops, eh whatever.
And too much corniness from Misaka's group on friendship is power. But Saten & Febri moments, actually Loli & Misaka moments too were all great. Nice to know Nunotaba's emotion program did get to one clone. ITEM's also been super fun & served as a transition between the 2 arcs.
Saten + bat still best grill like S1.
Feb 29, 2020 7:56 AM

Sep 2018
The twists in this episode are wasted, the narration is a succession of alternations of all the characters met so far in the anime series of Railgun, this season finale is much more engaging and, uncertain moments, touching than that of the previous season. Really excellent as a final, this is not discussed. Misaka's new hair clip glimpsed in the third season, already appears in the final minutes of the episode, but it is not clear where it comes from, who knows!

8/10
Jun 15, 2020 11:51 AM

Aug 2017
They played only my Railgun, but why in the beginning, would've been better in the end. Anyway I didn't like this episode, too much power of friendship bullshit. Cool battles though. Oh, and Saten should consider a career as a baseball player.

Overall a good season. The sister arc was fantastic and finally showed what the index franchise can do. By far the best one I've seen so far from the index franchise. Accelerator also played a big role in it, interesting character. Love him.

8,5/10 for this season.
Jun 27, 2020 3:44 AM

Aug 2018
Nice to see all characters using their powers or trying their best.. It's nice that everyone is able to contribute and is important.. I like this idea for final episode to involve everyone, really.. ;P
Well, some things are awesome, not gonna lie.. Like telepathic network for communication instead.. Or Kongou's family robot..
Misakas system being used for fast counting is also nice usage surprise.. ;P
As well as somehow Misakas were able to help with machine power later?.. Not sure, how, but something to do with their program being close or something..
And yeah, Shinobu is Misakas, and also these 2 blond lolis mom, really.. ;P Now I hope that Shinobu will get to live with her over 9000 daughters.. ;P Well, it seems she'll be spending most time with these 2 lolis most..

Well, overall I feel some of characters grew in this season.. Misaka really got more maturity to her, I feel.. Kongou and her friendship relationships.. Shinobu getting new look on life and how important people are.. Misaka's friends trusting each other more, even in such dangerous situations, hope their relationship will continue to follow honesty and trusting path rather than lies.. Overall, was nice again to see many many characters..
Sep 3, 2020 11:14 PM

Aug 2020
Tbh, Silent Party Arc was quite enjoyable but in comparison to the sister arc, it's very underwhelming. For a filler it wasn't bad. Overall a solid show. Pacing was sometimes pretty bad but the climax of the sister arc was absolutely fantastic. Visually J.C. Staff really put in some work. The character designs and animation were very clean, especially in Sister Arc. Soundtracks were incredible too. Since J.C. Staff has currently a healthier schedule than they had during Index III, I hope NT will have a similar amount of quality like Railgun S does.

Sister Arc: 9/10
Silent Party Arc: 5/10

Overall: 8/10
Sep 25, 2020 4:34 PM

Jan 2017
I did not like this arc but I gave the show a 10 just for the Sisters Arc. I think it is my favorite arc in any series period.
Nov 4, 2020 4:34 AM

Dec 2016
ok, i must say i really enjoyed this arc, not much as the Sisters one but this one was great too. all Railgun's openings are sooooo good omg.
Nov 11, 2020 3:42 AM
May 2020
I thought this arc was going to be plain straight boring, and i was about to downgrade the score...

But man, this episode, last episode, the finale. I can't believe they fit all the conclusion in only 1 episode. Railgun OPs were used (except only my railgun), made the hype more increasing. Great anime, i really love this.

9/10 for me.
Jan 4, 2021 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
This season was pretty great. Even though a sizeable portion goes over something from the main series, they cut down the fan service and the long-winded speeches. The story flowed very well. 8/10
Jan 16, 2021 2:59 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah I really kind of fast forwarded through this arc to close out railgun s. Once I saw that blonde loli pop up at the end of episode 18, I just got the feeling we were going back to watching garbage. Now while this final arc is just about on par with the shit that was the first season of railgun, I’m not going to let it deter me from rating it lower. Because damn that sisters arc was something shy of a masterpiece of storytelling. That arc was at least a 7 for me or maybe even an 8. However, when rating the entire season, silent party arc included, I would drop it down to a 6. BUT, the sisters arc just carries so much freaking weight that I personally find the silent party arc irrelevant. To me railgun S is just the sisters arc and nothing more, and for that I think it deserves high praise. 7/10, I do think how they ended this season was actually quite heart felt.

Aw great now I’m gonna move on to index oh yay exciting. Who knows, maybe I’ll be one of those who actually prefers index over its seemingly higher-acclaimed railgun spinoff series. But I doubt it; reason I got into this world was because of misaka and all the cool esper powers. I’m just thinking I probably am going to zone out while watching the magic side of things in index. But I’m not going to be dumb and judge before actually watching it. I’ll at least watch the first index, and continue on if I’m at least mildly intrigued. Cya round

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 24, 2021 7:11 PM
Oct 2014
Feels like two completely different anime to be honest.

Sisters arc is awesome, gruesome, serious and well written - personally, having watched Index POV made me enjoy it even more. I'd give it a 10 or 9, depending on my current Kuroko Overboard tolerance level.

Silent Party was obviously weaker but pretty good up until the end. Then it felt like some kind of joke. I laughed but I am not sure I was supposed to. Certainly killed any suspense, action, drama, reason and a few other aspects. For a pure, lighthearted and intentionally over-the-top comedy it would be pretty good.

Mikasa trying to win over Febri was pretty cute. Made me scream internally "I'm gonna buy you another pink Gekota on eBay don't worry!"...ahem. Kongou was actually really great this time around. Funny, helpful and I loved her cute reactions when someone actually thanked her or considered her a friend for real. Oh and Frenda in bikini... one score point for Gryffindor.

But putting that arc AFTER the leg's been torn, flesh's been chewed and thrilling, well balanced fights pushing everyone involved beyond their limits have been fought... fukou da!

Feb 7, 2022 1:10 AM

Aug 2020
I enjoyed Misaka and the girls journey until the end!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jul 23, 2022 5:29 AM
Oct 2019
Epic Season Finale!! play all the OP!!

these adult picking up fight with kids and lose...
what a Trash.. lol

Overall 8/10
Sister Arc definitely the best from this Season, even thought it's already been told in Index but it's better here.
Nov 6, 2022 1:18 AM

Dec 2020
That whole war sequence thing was cheesy AF. Saten with that lone baseball bat is always so stupid too. Also like does no one in judgement have powers except the main cast?? No one did anything except poke the robots with sticks and shields.

If misaka can basically move at super speeds to stop the gun shot from firing right why didn't she just do that earlier with the whatever recipe code for the candy??? Ayyo and they went into space and shot a Gundam lmao

Sisters arc was top tier. Would've rated that a 9 but with the addition of the second arc. Prob like a 8 then
Mar 8, 2023 2:28 AM
May 2011
Man, what a way to ruin a perfect finale. Really wish they'd cool it with the fucking Touma cameos.
Jun 16, 2023 11:07 AM

Nov 2010
Watching all the pretty girls in this show in action and all haggard & sweaty from all that fighting was a turn-on! Especially Saten & Kongou. I wish I could lick every inch of their body. They all must taste good. The right kind of salty & sour taste that I love! Anyway, If Misaki had more screen time, she would have been my top 1 waifu in this show.

A decent ending for a decent story. Those scientists weren't really interesting as villains, though. They were beaten too easily after their schemes were revealed—poor Level Zeroes.
Jul 25, 2023 12:01 PM

Jun 2017
the second half was a letdown as they turned Misaka into semi Touma and his showdown bullshittery along with the villains having no clear cut convictions .Misaka did have a big character growth though.She started believing in the collective.Either way the gritty  first half was enough to propel Railgun S. It gets a 7.5 from me.
Sep 12, 2023 8:54 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from August 8, 2022:

The Sisters Arc may be one of if not the best of the Index/Railgun franchise.
Overall, the quality, dialogue and direction, along with the soundtrack of Railgun is far superior than Index.
The bond of friendship to care and save each other is beautiful. The villain's goals are good, even thought the mastermind isn't known yet.
Kongo and the others are all very charming. Kuroko is hilarious. The girls chilling is adorable and calming.
Although, the second arc with Febrie isn't dull for being slowburn. Janie.
The Dirt underground girls, the theme of helping each other in a dirty world of science.

The short romance when Touma saves Misaka is sweet.

Against DIRT Misaka had difficulty, but through Touma and her friend's, she's learned full strength is with help.
Powered Suit Robots with Meltdowner's power.
Febrie, Janie's twin artificial clone, similar to Misaka's clones controls thousands of robots with solely a strand of her hair inside them.
Misaka and all her friends, including all of Judgement and Antiskill defeat the (robots) powered suits and STUDY Group while saving Janie and Frebie. The sisters helped on the sidelines in secret also.
Kongo's mecha helps them defeat the suits. Mugino as well unintentionally, out of spite for copying her power.
Nunotaba redeems herself by inputting partial somewhat failed emotions on the clones and doing what she can to save Janie/Frebie.

In the end, Misaka even saves the villain from committing suicide, and everyone stops a missile that'd infect the city.
Thanks to the sister's calculation, Kuroko and Misaka on the mecha, with Frebie speaking to Janie, they stop the missile.
Nobutani and Janie/Frebie travel overseas, and everyone else resumes their life.
Nov 29, 2023 5:09 AM

Nov 2023
Oof, don't pull the trigger! Also, fun anime!
Jan 25, 3:27 AM
Apr 2019
Silent Party arc is ok, it's not as intense as the Sisters arc, but I don't see this as a problem. The Sisters arc is pretty dark, I welcome some mild fun and non-serious episodes to wrap up the season. I mean the first season is mostly just cute girls doing cute things and I don't see people complain about that.

The arc also raised some interesting questions about how espers are like a privileged class in Academy City, which is a good observation. And we got to see Misaka actually learns from her prior experience and rely more on her friends, which is a good development.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

242 by OniNori »»
Apr 8, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

119 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:08 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2013

125 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2013

104 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.