Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 27, 2013 2:48 PM

Sep 2009
hpulley said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
hpulley said:
The discs aren't selling very well but I hope the manga gets a sales increase.

The thing is they never sold well. All the previous seasons had almost the same amount of sales. So not the case here.
Not true unfortunately. The first season did alright and the second one did even better:

http://dvdbd.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%87%E3%83%B3

○ローゼンメイデン 【全6巻】
巻数 初動 2週計 発売日
01巻 3,454 5,100 04.12.01
02巻 4,110 5,904 05.01.07
03巻 4,885 6,022 05.02.02
04巻 4,967 *,*** 05.03.02
05巻 7,513 *,*** 05.04.06
06巻 4,304 *,*** 05.04.27

○ローゼンメイデン・トロイメント 【全6巻】
巻数  初動  2週計  発売日
01巻 *8,620 10,809 06.01.18
02巻 *8,341 10,346 06.02.15
03巻 *6,966 *8,654 06.03.15
04巻 *7,160 *8,978 06.04.19
05巻 *6,551 *8,181 06.05.17
06巻 *7,567 *8,744 06.06.21

5-7.5K for season 1, 8-10.8K for Traumend. So far 2K and dropping for season 3 unless week two of v2 has a miracle 500 sales to stay at 2K :(

Hm. Sorry. Mistook it with some other series. Dunno why actually. My memory plays some tricks with me here
Sep 27, 2013 3:59 PM

Nov 2011
I don't get it. Does this tie back into the original Rozen Maiden or is it just open ended for another season?
Sep 27, 2013 4:32 PM

Feb 2008
Now when I thought it's will not become more Adult Jun after reading the manga and see it will continue with wounded Jun but it seem like it end in cliffhanging.

Of course they wouldn't cover that many chapters of Slice of life stuff.

Indeed it's definitely not feel like ending, feel more like a conclusion or a new season coming up soon.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 27, 2013 4:33 PM

May 2012
A pretty decent ending, although some events do make me wonder if there might even be a second season of this 2013 remake! Either way this was one hell of a great series.

The old Rozen Maiden sure was nice as well but to have this more serious toned anime was really lovely and interesting to watch!

The ending was quite interesting and well it sure kept me with some questions, that's why I'm wondering if there will be a second season of this, and if there will be I'm sure going to love it!

A great and lovely anime series in general! 9/10
Sep 27, 2013 4:36 PM
Dec 2012
The first half was good, but I hate how rushed the second half was. They also left a lot of things out.
Sep 27, 2013 6:03 PM

May 2013
Sadly it seems to me they were so sure they would score a big hit they wrote an ending that would connect directly with a second season and when the news broke that sales bombed, either they had already done the final episode or the director could not muster the courage to rewrite the second half of the last episode into something that gave us a sense of closure.

hpulley said:
The manga has followed both. There is an original manga story which the original anime followed and then this manga series (same people made it) which added all that you've seen in this season and more. So this is not ruining the original, it is after the original.

The original Rozen Maiden anime is so different from the manga I would call it a derivative work (not the usual copy/paste of manga plot+filler that is not written by the original author(s) we usually get). So in that sense they did ruined the expectations of a sequel to the anime most people had come to love. This is not about which plot is better, tastes vary widely, but for crying out loud, do not change the formula, remember what happened to Coca-cola when they had the same idea? If there was some kind of japanese oscar for locally animated stuff they could brag they are aiming towards a trophy, but there is no such thing -_-;

I preferred the recap of episode 1 to the old 2004 series. The art is much better, animation much better.

I have to agree, but with an equivalent budget and the huge improvements CGI has brough in the last 9 years, DEEN can do an average job and still outdo a superb job done almost a decade earlier.

There is lots of exciting stuff left but I thought there was a lot of exciting stuff in this one.

I disagree, my love of the original anime made me read the manga, but seems to me the authors do not what do next, seems like the plot is walking in circles, there is no sense of advancement at any level. I do not mean to say only peach-pit has this problem, plenty of other mangaka seems to do page after page that does not advance neither the plot nor the characters without being an slice of life nor a 4koma.
Sep 27, 2013 6:14 PM
Dec 2012
mangamuscle said:
I disagree, my love of the original anime made me read the manga, but seems to me the authors do not what do next, seems like the plot is walking in circles, there is no sense of advancement at any level. I do not mean to say only peach-pit has this problem, plenty of other mangaka seems to do page after page that does not advance neither the plot nor the characters without being an slice of life nor a 4koma.

I agree. Rozen Maiden is definitely the slowest paced manga Peach-Pit has.
Sep 27, 2013 7:21 PM

Nov 2009
neontaster said:
I don't get it. Does this tie back into the original Rozen Maiden or is it just open ended for another season?

Doesn't this series follow the manga?
The original series didn't follow the manga//
Sep 27, 2013 9:01 PM

Oct 2007
I think this season has some pacing issues (mostly the first half of the season), but I'll still give it 8/10. I actually didn't mind the first episode being a recap of the first part of the manga, as I read the manga long ago and didn't remember the details.

I liked the atmosphere of this season better than the first two seasons, but overall I still think Träumend is the best season despite not being based on the manga. That might change if there's a sequel to this season.
Sep 27, 2013 11:14 PM

Nov 2007
mangamuscle said:

Just putting it out that the current arc of the manga is at is probably the last, and I have reasons to suspect so.
Heavy spoilers, even for manga readers, since the English scanslations are far behind the chapters that are already out in Japan.
Sep 28, 2013 12:23 AM

Jun 2012
I liked it overall, had a nice feeling to it aswell. 7/10
Sep 28, 2013 12:46 AM

Sep 2013
That ending grantees a sequel can't wait for the sequel
Sep 28, 2013 2:47 AM

Mar 2012
Well as it pains me to admit it since i have been reading the manga lately i have been feeling that the series is coming to an actual end mainly because all the recent manga chapters all seem to lead like to a final resolution

The last half seemed like a preview episode for what is to come next and while most likely they would skip the slice of life stuff i don't think it would start again exactly with the unwound jun it will most likely start a bit backward and than go trough him

This current story arc still has not been concluded so it might take awhile but once it does i think they might adapt it for a second season despite the low sales.

Mostly because i think this current manga story arc looks like it will be the final arc i wont reveal spoilers but those who are reading it tell me don't u think that what it looks like as well?

it has been more than 11 years since the first chapter got out and sooner or later all things must come to an end even if i love this series i have to accept that i just hope it will get a proper conclusion
Sep 28, 2013 3:00 AM
Dec 2011
season 2!!
Sep 28, 2013 4:36 AM

Dec 2011
That was a nice wrap up, totally screaming of a second season.

It was nice to see both of the Jun facing their future and getting by.

It was a solid anime for me. 9/10 didn't disappoint me. I loved the Rozen Maiden series. Will read the manga soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 8:34 AM

Dec 2011
Berzin said:
Even the simple painted style animation backgrounds grew on me

I loved those backgrounds since the beggining. Even though they didn't have a lot of detail, that watercolor (or wtv) effect is beautiful and contributed to focus solely in the characters. I liked them a lot :)
Sep 28, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
i need a season 2
Sep 28, 2013 10:23 AM

Jun 2013
Lyfa said:
In Before Rozen Maiden (2014)

And no Zurückspulen was given this day
Sep 28, 2013 3:19 PM

Dec 2010
lol

this shows so stupid

especially adult Jun. He's so used to being a doormat and wants to be a doormat but too bad that girl had to ruin the momentum. I would have love the show much more if the manager slyly took credit for Jun's work.

4/10 otaku pandering
Sep 28, 2013 11:41 PM

Jan 2011
Always liked Rozen Maiden. With it comes excitement as well as periods of boredom for lack of a better word. Maybe better said would be expected highs and lows. I did enjoy this installment a little more than the previous ones and feel it left off with me wanting more. I do hope a new season is made at some point in the near future following this ending.

7/10
Sep 29, 2013 1:13 AM
Sep 2007
I think the DVD/blu ray sales speak for itself.

I'm a fan of the Rozen maiden anime franchise. I don't read the manga so I evaluate purely on the anime's merit. Traumend's my favourite, followed by Ouverture then the original 2004 and lastly in this 2013 show. This ranking mirrors the Rozen Maiden sales and also the ratings for the Rozen maiden series on myanimelist. I don't think that's a coincidence.
Sep 29, 2013 1:38 AM

Oct 2011
boku said:
mangamuscle said:

Just putting it out that the current arc of the manga is at is probably the last, and I have reasons to suspect so.
Heavy spoilers, even for manga readers, since the English scanslations are far behind the chapters that are already out in Japan.

well said my friend i know exactly what you mean, i haven't read the manga and even then i feel like the story is walking around in circles
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Sep 29, 2013 2:10 AM

Sep 2011
that was such an enjoyable show.
i like it more than the previous seasons
definitely felt like a start of a new arc it wouldnt be wrong if this show was a 2-cour

love love love love love the music both the themes and ost

i'd love the show more if they'd just leave college Jun alone; he's starting to get a good life
Sep 29, 2013 3:30 AM

Apr 2009
"It wasn't a dream, after all."

Massive reversal of fortunes for Jun and the store manager at work. Karma? Maybe. I laughed hard when he began to start kissing up to Jun's ass because it's implied that he could become the new store manager. No romantic progress for Jun and Saitou (first name still unknown) but at least they got closer as friendly colleagues at work.

Seems I was partially correct about Kirakishou not being finished yet. Testament to her incredible resiliency despite not even having a physical form. I really like how Souseiseki continues to fondly refer to adult Jun as her master. No Suigintou for the last episode? :(

Instead of wrapping things up the story moves on from an epilogue-like portion to a prologue-like sequence for a potential sequel. It's far from over, basically. I for one wouldn't mind seeing this series continue further. Not bad, Studio DEEN. It was quite enjoyable.

*sips tea*
Sep 29, 2013 4:10 AM

Apr 2013
That was nice for sure...aaa I wish it will have a second season. I mean we came across a cliffhanger!!! we need a new season :D I WANT MORE DESU!
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Sep 29, 2013 4:18 AM
Oct 2010
whaaaaat i didnt expect a season finale --; they skipped all the good parts with tomoe and meg --; also doesnt make sense that he questions if it could have been a dream, i mean in the manga weeks have passed before he reflects on this, but in this episode its like the next day or so... really weird. it makes adult jun look more important to the dolls than he really is. in the manga i was suspicious of him making more dolls and actually helping kirakishou... but we lost that plot depth since they rushed the finale --; looking forward to more episodes though.
Sep 29, 2013 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
I definitely enjoyed this, hoping for season 2.
Sep 29, 2013 7:13 AM
Oct 2007
Nice show. One of the better non endings I have seen lately. I gave it a 8/10, might have been higher except for the lack of desu through most of the show
Sep 29, 2013 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
So happy Unwound Jun life is getting better. I still hate his manager > ; 0

WHOA!!!!?? Kirakishou is back and has a body!!! She takes Mitsu and put Wound Jun into a comatose state? Shinku and gang ask Unwound Jun's help. That makes his 4th place that needs him. Cliffhanger : 0

Next Season Please!!!!
Sep 29, 2013 12:04 PM

Feb 2011
Hory sheet, RM Epi 13 just caught up with the manga's current arc.

This.

That second half of episode is kinda rushing if you read the Manga.
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Sep 30, 2013 5:53 AM

May 2013
Jun goes back to his normal life, but it's a whole lot better.
But then Kirakishou gains a new body, steals Mitsu, and puts Wound Jun into long-term sleep.

Jun X Saitou!!
Wound Jun X Tomoe!!

The scene with Shinku and a cat was pretty cute.

That video call scene was funny and awesome.
Jun finally meets Tomoe.
The dolls need Jun's help. And he's willing to.

I can sense a second season. I hope there is one. But for now, I'll read the manga!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 1, 2013 7:15 AM

May 2010
I hope they will continue the story otherwise I will be really upset
Oct 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Jul 2008
I really don't know how I feel about this series.

The story was much better than the first two anime series. And once I learned that so much of those first anime was original story (like Suigintou's origin story in Overture), it made me dislike the old series a lot. The animation was also stunning.

I related to Unwound Jun a lot more than Wound Jun, so this arc was really enjoyable. But all the Alice Game stuff didn't accomplish anything, and I don't even really understand the existence or meaning of Laplace no Ma or the N-field (and even the fact that there are different worlds). I can buy the Rozen Maiden being /supernatural/ dolls in that they can talk, move, feel, think, and are fighting to win the Alice Game, but adding in all the other magic mumbo jumbo just makes it all so convoluted.

The cliffhanger ending is kind of annoying too. Someone said it caught up to the current manga arc. So that means that even if we are to someday see a Rozen Maiden anime adapting it, we have to wait for more material. They should have just drawn out the episode and given a "happy end", at least temporarily.

But regardless, I did really enjoy this series, and I do hope to see more adaptions of Rozen Maiden in the future.
Oct 1, 2013 6:48 PM

Nov 2007
GarLogan78 said:
Someone said it caught up to the current manga arc. So that means that even if we are to someday see a Rozen Maiden anime adapting it, we have to wait for more material. They should have just drawn out the episode and given a "happy end", at least temporarily.

The last half of this episode only covered the premise of the current arc. IMO, there's enough material for at least another 13 episodes, since this arc is pretty long.
Oct 1, 2013 8:04 PM

Sep 2012
boku said:
GarLogan78 said:
Someone said it caught up to the current manga arc. So that means that even if we are to someday see a Rozen Maiden anime adapting it, we have to wait for more material. They should have just drawn out the episode and given a "happy end", at least temporarily.

The last half of this episode only covered the premise of the current arc. IMO, there's enough material for at least another 13 episodes, since this arc is pretty long.
They adapted 4 books worth in this season, then quickly did 3 books in this episode but there are 3 more books worth to do even if they do not backtrack and do some of the 3 books they skipped mostly. There is enough for another season or will be very soon if they finish the current arc first.
Oct 1, 2013 8:19 PM

Dec 2010
I was expecting more action, but it was still cool!. -kashira
:)
Oct 1, 2013 10:10 PM

Jul 2008
hpulley said:
boku said:
GarLogan78 said:

They adapted 4 books worth in this season, then quickly did 3 books in this episode but there are 3 more books worth to do even if they do not backtrack and do some of the 3 books they skipped mostly. There is enough for another season or will be very soon if they finish the current arc first.

Good to know!
Oct 2, 2013 3:37 AM

Mar 2012
GarLogan78 said:
hpulley said:
boku said:
GarLogan78 said:

Good to know!
AS i said earlier once the current Manga arc finishes i think they would continue the series.
Oct 2, 2013 10:25 AM

Sep 2010
It's over when it's finally getting interesting.... This whole series seems like a prologue to the real deal....

Final Episode - 3/5
Series - 6/10
Oct 2, 2013 10:54 AM

Jun 2013
Fireego said:
Jun goes back to his normal life, but it's a whole lot better.
But then Kirakishou gains a new body, steals Mitsu, and puts Wound Jun into long-term sleep.

Jun X Saitou!!
Wound Jun X Tomoe!!

The scene with Shinku and a cat was pretty cute.

That video call scene was funny and awesome.
Jun finally meets Tomoe.
The dolls need Jun's help. And he's willing to.

I can sense a second season. I hope there is one. But for now, I'll read the manga!

I agree those are the likely pairs, but I got the feeling both Juns would chose Shinku if she wasn't a doll

also I felt bad for Kira, the way he kind of just discarded her, sure she was twisted but honestly Sugintou at her worst was about just as bad, and he didnt even reject her in a nice way, he is just like I dont need you, this to the doll that could not even get a body
Oct 2, 2013 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
Easily the best season of Rozen Maiden so far.

Classy, thought provoking as always.

DEEN did a really good job handling this series, I'll be more than happy to see them do another season or 2 if they keep this up.

7/10, 1 up from all previous season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2013 3:45 PM

Jul 2008
twonline said:
It's over when it's finally getting interesting.... This whole series seems like a prologue to the real deal....

It is kind of funny since episode one was a recap of the entire first manga series, which served a prologue to this arc, which is like a set up for the next arc. Never ends I guess.
Oct 2, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty cool ending, though the first half went by really slowly, since it was so uneventful. . ., and wait, where's Suigintou, my favorite doll!?
, and by the end, Jun and Saito still look so much like a couple yet they haven't gotten anywhere xD

Great series, possibly one of my favorites for the season. I really hope for a second season. It's cool how Young Jun helped University Jun, and now it is about to reverse. And especially what Jun said about Kirakishou feeling the same way he did, all alone, alienated. That is something I had not realized until he said it, so maybe it will end differently next time.
So, a solid 8/10, may raise if another season comes out to finish it (similar to how I treated Hakkenden).

Oct 5, 2013 9:14 AM
May 2012
I watched the original Rozen Maiden around 7 years ago, but wasn't able to watch Traumend. Still, i gave this show a try and it seems like it was different from the two shows.

This one though, is much darker than the other two. I would describe it like The Grimm Brother's version due to it's dark nature though there are only a few similarities in the story compared to the old ones.

Still, great series, i really enjoyed this.

9/10.
Oct 5, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
Traumend is on Crunchyroll right now!
Oct 5, 2013 4:49 PM
Jul 2011
they should make an anime focused entirely on suigintou and megu!
Oct 5, 2013 6:32 PM
Jul 2013
This might be unrelated (or my scaredy cat-ness) but what happened to the prop doll that Kirakisho took into the N-Field? (Did not finish the rest of the episode, too nervous to finish).
Oct 5, 2013 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
I wonder if they're planning on another season after this?

That is if there's enough material from the manga.
Oct 6, 2013 12:24 AM

Oct 2009
catstache678 said:
This might be unrelated (or my scaredy cat-ness) but what happened to the prop doll that Kirakisho took into the N-Field? (Did not finish the rest of the episode, too nervous to finish).

Nothing. They did not show us anything, but it is safe to assume that Kira took it as temporary vessel.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

219 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 5, 9:50 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

71 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 27, 2021 11:42 AM

» How many chapters did they adapt

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 17, 2021

0 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Aug 17, 2021 7:21 AM

» Is this a standalone series?

Shahjoo - Jul 4, 2013

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Dec 23, 2020 11:35 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

51 by deltablu »»
Sep 5, 2019 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.