Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2013 7:50 AM

Feb 2009
I didn't play the game, but watching the last episode makes me wonder..

What's on the outside of the school?
Is everything really in despair just like Junko said?

(or are the answers to these questions spoilers for the rest of the game)
Sep 27, 2013 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
Wuppie said:
I didn't play the game, but watching the last episode makes me wonder..

What's on the outside of the school?
Is everything really in despair just like Junko said?

(or are the answers to these questions spoilers for the rest of the game)

The answer will be revealed in series 2.
Sep 27, 2013 10:24 AM

Dec 2009
If the sequel will be made,I hope will have more episodes and not so rushed as this. I liked this series, who hast played the game.
Sep 27, 2013 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
~*Shout-out to all the people who expected Asahina to die early on just because she looked plain*~ (◕‿◕✿)

I would give the game a 10/10 in a heartbeat. However, I'm wavering between 6/10 and 7/10 for this adaptation. I'm still intensely bitter over how anticlimactic Junko's reveal was.
Sep 27, 2013 12:19 PM

Aug 2011
Ahh, it's over. I'll go and play the game, now. Overall, the anime was pretty meh to me, so I ended up giving it a 5/10. Judging by the amount of people saying that the game was better, I'm assuming I'll have a better time playing that.
Sep 27, 2013 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
Laciie said:
Ahh, it's over. I'll go and play the game, now. Overall, the anime was pretty meh to me, so I ended up giving it a 5/10. Judging by the amount of people saying that the game was better, I'm assuming I'll have a better time playing that.
well theres no point in playing the game anymore, You already know exactly who dies, whats going on, and all the twists. Whats it gonna matter that the game is gonna give more dialogue to the characters and murders when you already know what they lead up to

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 27, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty rushed for the ending but still loved it :D

Junko's personalities were all fun...too bad her queen personality wasn't used as much as the others. But at least her hot secretary one was *A*

Lol'd at her greeting Genocider so casually XD

Loved the Kibou bullets ^^

Junko's despair orgasmic face when she wanted to die was EPIC!! XD

And her enjoying the punishment was lol.

Dat Naegi singing the ED was :D

And finally the SDR2 tease!!!! >_<
Sep 27, 2013 12:59 PM

May 2010
SUPER DUPER LAME!!!

2/5

5/10
Sep 27, 2013 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
So first half, everyone is despair at first, but then the 2nd half Naegi encourage everyone that Hope is still there and going against Junko for the final conclusion. Never knew she enjoyed being in despair and gets executed in the end.

The execution animation, OP and ED, and the ending of the last episode were great. Also props to Junko's voice actress for voicing different personalities in this. My only problem is that some episodes were rushed and some characters have little character development. Giving this an 8/10
omega_d94Sep 27, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 27, 2013 1:18 PM

Sep 2009
WTF? O.O I'm more confused now.. because of what Monobear said in the ending. Does this mean that he's the father of Kirigiri and he's the real mastermind? or he was just confusing us watchers.. omg . help me .. esp. to those who have played the game..
and i wonder who's that another bear.. so there will be a sequel?
Sep 27, 2013 1:20 PM

Jul 2010
What the hell was this ending? It kept throwing some random fantasies and then they end it with some HOPE bullet shooting LOL What's with the vote too? They voted against her and they won? The last arcs were really indulging and somewhat interesting and now they give this mess lol I was rolling my eyes through most of the episode at how dumb this is. And what do people see in this series, eh..
Sep 27, 2013 1:21 PM

Dec 2011
I thought the ending was kind of bad and I didn't really enjoy this last episode. Junko is crazy! Why did she have mushroom sprouting out of her hair though? I'm going to miss this series a lot. 9/10 for me if I ignore the ending.

Junko is too cute
http://i.imgur.com/lo0jtnu.jpg?1
kittynSep 27, 2013 1:24 PM

Sep 27, 2013 1:23 PM

Jan 2008
The ending was kinda bullshit. So many things that don't make sense and are left unsolved. Disappointment all over the place.
Sep 27, 2013 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
Kirigiri best girl. Game was obviously better.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 27, 2013 1:37 PM

May 2010
Welil said:
The ending was kinda bullshit. So many things that don't make sense and are left unsolved. Disappointment all over the place.

exactly my feelings
Sep 27, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
God awful last episode of an overall pretty decent series. I'm still digesting how bad the ending was. All that talk about hope made me nauseous. It was so unbelievably stupid I was actually rooting for Junko and her cleavage.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 27, 2013 1:42 PM

Sep 2012
The adaptation was fine for the most part, but I though that the game was much better, I guess it was hard to convey the feels of the VN onto an anime. These last 4 episodes were very good though, they weren´t rushed like the three first chapters.

About the ending, don´t forget that there´s a second game, its normal for them to leave so many thing left unsolved, the answers are in the second game.

Overall, I think that an 8/10 is fitting for this show, I thought it was pretty decent.
Sep 27, 2013 1:50 PM

Mar 2011
The adaption wasn't bad, but I highly recommend every who hasn't read/played the game to do so. The anime doesn't have very much character development and you don't get to know and love many of the characters like you do in the games. If I had just been watching the anime, I probably wouldn't have felt any emotion at the deaths, simply because we didn't get to know them well enough.

But, Super Dagan Ronpa 2 animated? NAGITO KOMAEDA ANIMATED = my dream come true, so I'm psyched!
Sep 27, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2009
masterfxx1 said:
The adaptation was fine for the most part, but I though that the game was much better, I guess it was hard to convey the feels of the VN onto an anime. These last 4 episodes were very good though, they weren´t rushed like the three first chapters.

About the ending, don´t forget that there´s a second game, its normal for them to leave so many thing left unsolved, the answers are in the second game.

Overall, I think that an 8/10 is fitting for this show, I thought it was pretty decent.
So the first game didn't explain much about the ending either? Was it all reserved for the second game? I'm just wondering because watching this show by itself, it feels disappointing to not know what's going on outside and to leave us hanging with the bear.
Sep 27, 2013 1:55 PM

Sep 2012
saxophone15 said:
masterfxx1 said:

So the first game didn't explain much about the ending either? Was it all reserved for the second game? I'm just wondering because watching this show by itself, it feels disappointing to not know what's going on outside and to leave us hanging with the bear.

Indeed, the VN didn´t explain anything that the anime didn´t. All of the stuff that was left open (including the outside world, what happened to the six survivors afterwards, etc) will probably be explained in the second game.
Sep 27, 2013 1:59 PM
Aug 2012
Question:

Is it weird if Junko's glasses-wearing persona kinda turned me on?
Sep 27, 2013 2:06 PM

Jan 2011
Loved the game
Loved the adaptation
Loved seeing Junko's craziness animated
Can't wait for Super Dangan Ronpa 2.
saxophone15 said:

Yes the anime ended exactly like the game. SDR2 does talk about what happens after they leave, but in the end its really up to the viewer to decide if the survivor's HOPE is enough to handle the despair that is the outside world.
VioLinkSep 27, 2013 2:09 PM
[center]
Sep 27, 2013 2:09 PM

Aug 2007
I really dont know what to think. A happy ending, just for this time... and what about that pink/white rabitt like to be at the end??? (I really dont know much about the game(s) so... Maybe I'll search for it.
Sep 27, 2013 2:10 PM

Jan 2011
^The pink rabbit is a mascot for the second game.
[center]
Sep 27, 2013 2:13 PM

Feb 2012
enoshima junko-chaaaaaan ah what a perfect princess i want sdr2 already and please dont be as rushed as this one
Sep 27, 2013 2:17 PM

Aug 2011
Meh. Didn't see the appeal in Junko.

5/10
Sep 27, 2013 2:18 PM
Aug 2011
I was so excited for this series but over the course of the season I started giving less and less fucks for it.

I liked the game but watching the adaptation after was not a good idea, since knowing everything beforehand makes for zero re-watchability. (is that even a word?) Especially when it's a poor adaptation...

A very generous 5/10 but only for Oogami, best female, best waifu, best everything. <3~~
Otherwise i'm just completely over this.

NihonFalcom said:

You're not the only one.
standSep 27, 2013 2:22 PM
Sep 27, 2013 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
I love Junko but as everything in the anime, it was better in the game. I really really hope they get more episodes if they do go ahead and animate SDR2. I'll watch it even if it's bad just because I like SDR2 more, but I really hope they try and improve it.
Sep 27, 2013 2:22 PM

Aug 2011
parfaited said:
A very generous 5/10

parfaited said:
NihonFalcom said:

You're not the only one.

My kindred spirit.
Sep 27, 2013 2:24 PM

Sep 2013
Junko and her copycat act :D

Naegi and his hope shots.

Monobunny :p

Raiden_ said:
They should totally make an OVA of Dangan Ronpa IF. That shit would be the hypiest and can show how awesome Mukuro is in there.
Also I get feels everytime I see this group picture
http://puu.sh/4BaCF.jpg

Great pic I totally missed that.
Sep 27, 2013 2:27 PM

Sep 2009
masterfxx1 said:
Indeed, the VN didn´t explain anything that the anime didn´t. All of the stuff that was left open (including the outside world, what happened to the six survivors afterwards, etc) will probably be explained in the second game.

VioLink said:
Yes the anime ended exactly like the game. SDR2 does talk about what happens after they leave, but in the end its really up to the viewer to decide if the survivor's HOPE is enough to handle the despair that is the outside world.

Thanks guys for answering.
Sep 27, 2013 2:27 PM

Sep 2012
I'd never recommend this adaptation to whom hasn't played the game, time constraints really held it back.
Important dialogues for understanding the characters were removed, investigation was mostly skipped (so forget about you trying to solve the cases without the show presenting the solutions to you), the trials also were lacking details that made them contrived at times (Naegi's conclusions are never far-fetched in the game, unless you think the game can only be finished by people with IQ over 120), and in this last case it really lacked the talk about what despair and hope even mean.

Welil said:

Yeah, when you see a series with 2 seasons, you finish season 1 and say it's bullshit because stuff is unresolved. Brilliant.
Sep 27, 2013 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
Aggron said:
Junko and her copycat act :D

Naegi and his hope shots.

Monobunny :p

Raiden_ said:
They should totally make an OVA of Dangan Ronpa IF. That shit would be the hypiest and can show how awesome Mukuro is in there.
Also I get feels everytime I see this group picture
http://puu.sh/4BaCF.jpg

Great pic I totally missed that.

That picture is amazing o_o
Sep 27, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2011
monobear still alive :o
Sep 27, 2013 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
Swaying between a 5/10 and a 6/10. This entire show was already too pretentious for my liking and now they squeeze in a speech about how hope beats despair? What is this? Elementary school?

This show definitely started out strong (I'm talking about the synopsis) and started to become weaker as it went on, to the point where I'm just not excited (Celeste arc) as much as the first case. Really enjoyed the spooky soundtrack and cool animation (only referring to the punishment scenes, overall animation below average)

Litrydow said:
I'd never recommend this adaptation to whom hasn't played the game, time constraints really held it back.

^
Sep 27, 2013 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
Eh, a semi decent ending I suppose, although the "never give up hope!" thing felt corny and over the top. The case felt like it became anti-climatic once it turned into a hope vs despair battle royale. Although admittedly it was amusing to see Junko getting off to falling into despair for losing.

As for the rest of this series, it felt very underwhelming, poorly paced, awkward, and mediocre at best. Danganronpa just wasn't for me, hope the fans get a sequel but I'm bowing out of Hope's Peak from here. Either a 4 or 5/10 from me.
Sep 27, 2013 2:54 PM

May 2013
That was an epic punishment. Love how she gives a peace sign just before she gets smashed lol.
Sep 27, 2013 2:55 PM

Jun 2012
What's with Kishi and all these game adaptations recently? I want him to start doing good anime like Jinrui again >.<
Sep 27, 2013 2:58 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao and not a single fuck was giving by Junko while taking those punishments, she took them all on like a boss, and died by Detention, if that's not bad ass, I dunno what is.

Really enjoyed Danganronpa, right from the 1st episode, I knew this is going to be one of my favorite shows of the season, if not the favorite.
Sep 27, 2013 3:10 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol at that hope bullet shooting part. Kinda of too cheesy for me. But still, I like how positive Naegi is. It's also a huge surprise to see the truth about what happened to the world, I didn't expect that at all. Junko is another super weird character, I don't find the appeal with her, though props to her VA, that was some nice voice acting. I actually really enjoyed watching the mysteries, though I wish they were fleshed out more. I also really liked a few of the characters, but some others were just to over the top for me. It was a pretty entertaining watch and I had fun watching almost every episode (except this last one was okay).
Sep 27, 2013 3:10 PM

Nov 2012
Wow that ending was so damn lame and cheesy.
Sep 27, 2013 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
tingy said:
Lol at that hope bullet shooting part. Kinda of too cheesy for me.

Agreed
Sep 27, 2013 3:15 PM

Nov 2012
tingy said:
Lol at that hope bullet shooting part. Kinda of too cheesy for me.
Cheesy minds.
Sep 27, 2013 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
How can people get this far into the series and not expect something this silly for the climax? Hope bullets was my most anticipated scene and I think they pulled it off pretty well. Here's the same scene from the game for comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCMUu0_yUD4
Sep 27, 2013 3:23 PM

Nov 2012
Mittee said:
How can people get this far into the series and not expect something this silly for the climax? Hope bullets was my most anticipated scene and I think they pulled it off pretty well. Here's the same scene from the game for comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCMUu0_yUD4
I expected despair.

To be honest I didn't expect this hope bs though, the only scene I remember being this silly was when Genocider Syo appeared for the first time.
RX-782Sep 27, 2013 3:26 PM
Sep 27, 2013 3:49 PM

Aug 2012
So older sister got smaller breast <- confrimed.

Ok more serious:

+shounenized character design (gurlz <3)
+classroom trials
+executions

-some moments was SO LAME, it was like someone picked up large and heavy board made from metal then wrote on it "LAME" and was striking my face with this for like 5 hours.

6/10
JeycoppSep 28, 2013 3:04 AM
Sep 27, 2013 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
Dat mastermind tho...damn. I like em hot and crazy haha.

Anyway, good final episode. Well executed and really shed some light on all of the events.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Sep 27, 2013 3:55 PM
May 2012
Nice ending, now to complete the VN.
Is the second game translated in english?
It was interesting from the second episode. Expected something generic, but was proven wrong. really enjoyed it.
MrameezSep 27, 2013 4:00 PM

Sep 27, 2013 4:00 PM

Sep 2012
Mrameez said:
Is the second game translate din english?

The translation is going as slow as a turtle, currently at 8,9%.
Sep 27, 2013 4:01 PM
May 2012
Litrydow said:
Mrameez said:
Is the second game translate din english?

The translation is going as slow as a turtle, currently at 8,9%.

Sigh, that sucks, oh well have to wait for season 2 then.
Thanks

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

263 by Gator »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.