Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2013 3:13 PM
Sep 2009
Chihiro definitely left an impression on him.
For one Keime is sorry for lying to her what is new and most importantly she made him cry what is shocking to be honest.

So yes, I'm pretty sure Keima does feel something for her.
Sep 23, 2013 3:15 PM

Aug 2012
cannot write much at the moment. this gif represents my feeling right now :

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1c63b3ba7349f2a9f2572ed3120e209a/tumblr_mhkzmzbIDQ1rg4b9lo1_500.gif

will write another post later.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 23, 2013 3:24 PM

Mar 2011
I'm rooting for you Keima, whoever you pick. This season was refreshing compared to the first 2 because there was actually an actual end goal for Keima, rather than simply capturing loose spirits. Judging by the end, this whole Goddess fiasco has affected Keima in quite a few ways. For example, his seeming lack of enthusiasm for the games he finished in God Mode.

That scene on the rooftop ;_; Maybe it was just a heat of the moment thing...he rejected her in the worst way possible. That scene added a lot to Keima's character. Doing the right thing doesn't always mean a happy ending.

That, and Kana Asumi's voice on Chihiro. Hard to resist that.
Sep 23, 2013 3:27 PM

Aug 2012
Another great season loved it as always. Chihiro hitting us wither her feeling bomb, that was something. Made me a bit teary eyed. 8/10

Sep 23, 2013 3:30 PM

Aug 2012
The feels in this episode was too high and Poor Chihiro:(

Anyways amazing season overall... 10/10
Sep 23, 2013 3:31 PM

Nov 2007
I... didn't realize this was the last episode. So i was surprised by how quickly everything escalated.

Frankly, I have no idea what happened. Really should've made it at least a 24-episode series...
Sep 23, 2013 3:37 PM
Jun 2013
MY MONDAYS ARE GOING TO SUCK NOW :'(

But this episode was really good. Koi no shirushi is an amazing song, and the version with all girls was brilliant. Everything was great: animation, sound, story. Gotta go read the manga now to get some closure!

There's a reason why this show has this name, y'know.
Sep 23, 2013 3:39 PM
Dec 2012
I have mixed feelings about this ending episode, I'm personally a fan of Chihiro's relationship with Katsuragi so I'm a little dissapointed that their relationship wasn't really compleded, so to speak.
Hopefully this will be covered in future seasons, though now I'm utterly tempted to go through the missed manga chapters between 2nd and 3rd season and the rest of the story to date.
Although, Chihiro's tears at the end of the song just blew me away.
Also to note, I'm a bit saddened that Haqua's relationship to Katsuragi hasn't been touched upon much even though it was hinted that she had some other feelings for him. Maybe a dialogue during her battle with Lune over why she was fighting for such cause and Haqua explaining that it's mainly because of her feelings for Katsuragi right now more than ever would've sufficed. But that's just me imagining possible scenarios.

My overall score for the season is 8/10, I am extremely satisfied with the series overall and can't wait to see more :)
Sep 23, 2013 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
I don't think it can be stressed enough how amazing this season was. The only thing I wasn't fond of was Keima crying at the end. I know he does so in the manga as well, but I felt that his feelings for Chihiro weren't built up as well as they could've been. The whole thing just seemed out of the blue at the end there. Overall, not a bad episode nor a bad season. Definitely deserves a 9/10 I gave it. I'm not sure if another season would be good for this series or not though. I feel like if they just gave us a couple of OVAs of the girls they skipped then that would be enough for the series. Sure, the manga has a ton of content that could potentially be animated, but I don't think it's necessary. It was wrapped up at a nice place. Not saying I wouldn't enjoy another season, but I'm not going to be upset if it's not green lit.

Really excellent series. If only they'd publish the manga in English... I guess it's time to start learning German. :D
"Forty thousand brothers could not, with all their quantity of love, make up my sum."
Sep 23, 2013 3:54 PM
Jul 2013
Not as touching as the manga but still way better than expected. I like how they display Keima and Chihiro's emotions more clearly. I barely took a tear though probably out of excitement. Really love the episode. I hope they end up together in the manga.

Mar 2012
Great season, hope they can animate the next arc after the manga completes it.

Aug 2012
The manga is still going, so that means that there's hopes for another season? I know it won't be for a few years at least, but they leave so much open!

DAT ENDING THOUGH... awesomeness...

But, the thing that surprised me the most throughout the entire series was that I think I only saw Keima play his PFP once.
Sep 23, 2013 4:00 PM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:
Oh God, Ayumi in that wedding dress is so cute. Dat kiss: http://i.imgur.com/SwGznvj.png

Her Goddess looks pretty cool I guess.
Chihiro: bye bye ;.;

That scene was beautiful imo. 8/10 overall.

YESSSSSS THE WAY THE SUN WAS BEHIND HER BEAUTIFULLY ANIMATED.
Sep 23, 2013 4:01 PM

May 2013
10/10 Woah Keima felt guilty the best for this season :D

Im so Sad i've ended like 4 anime this Day T_T my heart cant endure it anymore
My watching drop from 20 to 16 Summer is really ending

Fall is comming :D
Sep 23, 2013 4:03 PM

Oct 2012
need more elsie!!!!
Sep 23, 2013 4:08 PM

Dec 2012
Bravo Manglobe Bravo! You have done such a spectacular job adapting TWGOK. Here's to hoping for a 4th season! For now I shall continue reading the manga.
Sep 23, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2011
I don't know what KamiNomi's sale figures are, this season felt unecesarilly rushed.

Personally I'm not a fan of Chihiro in the manga, so I'm disappointed with the anime's increased emphasis on her. The anime did make me feel far more sorry for her than the manga during the second Ayumi conquest, but frankly I still dislike her.

I hope there is another series, and I'm still quietly hoping for a Haqua / Ayumi win. That said, all of vintage magically being arrested and the franchise coming full circle with season one's ED suggests this won't be the case.

I hope I'm wrong, this was a great adaptation up to the end of season 2, I'd love to see a strong season 4 redeem it!
Sep 23, 2013 4:09 PM

Mar 2009
I've always thought that Keima likes Chihiro but he would never act on it because he still has to capture more girls and he couldn't do that if he was dating Chihiro and he wouldn't do that to her.

Anyway it was an awesome season, I hope the animate more of this awesome manga that I've been following since it was first scanlated.
Cat Love

Sep 23, 2013 4:10 PM

May 2013
Man, this was good, my favourite TWGOK season so far. Considering the length of the Goddess arc and the 12 episode limit Manglobe did an amazing job with this season. This episode was no exception, although the concert scene had less of an impact on me than when I first read it in the manga, but that's probably because I knew what was going to happen. I kinda liked that they used 'Koi no Shirushi' for the epilogue while showing Keima turning off his games and leaving his room, it makes you remember how different he was in the first season.
WingsOfValorSep 23, 2013 4:26 PM
Sep 23, 2013 4:11 PM

Jun 2012
Yes, actually I think that Chihiro's question is she asking what is the meaning behind that date they had, there is no misunderstanding, Keima answered that she is not involved, because of how he is, he tries to get away from the REAL, but at the end you can see that Keima is crying thinking that he is sorry and thinking that what he said was not what he wanted to, meaning there IS a reason behind that date, and I don't mean the goddess sure that's his first real reason but I think he has feelings for Chihiro, which is so damn good if it's true. I am actually an Ayumi fan, but if Keiman falls for anyone, it's good for me!! HAHHA
Sep 23, 2013 4:15 PM

Jun 2012
And that ending scene was symbolic, I don't know if there really is a hidden message here, but Keima walking through that door out from his room of GAMES~ is like him tackling the real once and for all, and maybe be with CHIHIRO!!! haha , This ending made me like her so much that I forget I'm Ayumi X Keima fan, but anyone is fine as long as it's OTOSHIGAMI :3
Sep 23, 2013 4:18 PM
Feb 2012
i actually preferred the first 2 seasons, this one was good just not on the same level as the first 2.
Sep 23, 2013 4:22 PM

Sep 2012
I remember when we were all excited about this season. Hoping it was gonna be 24 episodes and stuff.
Then the 12 episode confirmation came by and we thought that it would be a trainwreck.

But I loved every minute of it. <3

Yui's Conquest, Tsukiyo's Conquest, Shiori's conquest, I'll miss it all ;-;
10/10 manglobe, S4 please.

Edit: That ending with the 1st ED and Keima opening the door.

I'M STILL TYPING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW DISAPPOINTED I AM THAT IT'S OVER
Sep 23, 2013 4:22 PM

Dec 2009
Wonderful ending ;_;
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 23, 2013 4:26 PM
Sep 2011
Honestly, I wish they had just ended the show right there. I have little hope for a season 4, and I think that it would have been a great ending if they would have just broken off from the manga, let Chihiro and Keima start dating and ended it. The "life went on as normal and maybe something will happen in the future" ending doesn't hold up when there is no guarantee of any continuation.

I am a big Chihiro fan. She is the lone reason I rated season 2 higher than season 1, I just enjoyed her arc so much and for the life of me I have no clue why. So obviously it cannot go unsaid that despite my above problem, I absolutely adored this ending. I feel Godesses is without a doubt the best Season of the World God Only Knows.
I was worried at first, due to the drama heavy nature of the first episode, however to my delight the show never forgot what it was, and never went too heavy on the Drama. If nothing else the fact I am already getting ready to read the manga shows how brilliant I found the show.
I have no doubt in my mind that this show easily gets an 8/10.

Also my respect goes out to Manglobe for animating this, I mean it takes balls to make a show you know won't make a profit just because you want to.

P.S. Yes I do call it the World God Only Knows, I'll fight you about it if you have a problem :P
edl01Sep 23, 2013 4:30 PM
Sep 23, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2012
This season is by far my favorite. It wouldn't be a bad anding if the manga stopped there but I am happy that it continues and maybe us awaits season 4 if we are lucky :3
Sep 23, 2013 4:27 PM

Sep 2009
Meh, the ending of the Ayumi reconquest arc is basically where I started to dislike Keima in the manga and it holds true in the anime as well. This is most likely a self-fulfilling prophecy ^^

I wish Haqua had more screen time this season; still sad about all the parts cut out. The last few episodes had a lot of Ayumi tho whom I also like, but not enough Yui IMO. 7/10

Hopefully, a season 4 is not animated with the way the current arc is going. It has been so boring so far IMO.

Sep 23, 2013 4:30 PM

Jul 2012
Another masterpiece! The World God Only Knows never ceases in surprising me. This season was well adapted from the manga. It did not really cut out anything to important. There has to be a season 4, THERE JUST HAS TO BE!!!! Overall, AMAZING as always.
Sep 23, 2013 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
Wow that ending almost made me cry!

As a big fan of both Ayumi and Chihiro, I loved the way they ended things between Chihiro and Keima. It makes me think Keima might actually try for once with a real girl. I'm not a manga reader and have been wanting to pick it up for some time now. As soon as I'm done with my other projects, this is the first thing on my list. Loved the direction the show has gone in and while I'm sure it was a little rushed for the manga readers, I've had a great experience. Can't wait to get caught up. I absolutely love this series!!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 23, 2013 4:38 PM

Dec 2008
Just one of those anime where the main character actually make a harem but is not interested on 3D girls... coof coof, what if he was a total pervert that actually had interested on girls beside 3D ones guess it would turn out on something like Hagure Yuusha no Estetica?
Sep 23, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2012
A superb ending, this season was easily the best of all, hoping for 4th season sometime in the near future. 8/10
Sep 23, 2013 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
Well another great summer season coming to an end. Ayumi's conquest complete and the goddesses are now free from Vintage.

The ending scene, It was emotionally tear-jerking seeing Keima made a mistake on Chihiro, and also that song was fascinating.

Well episode gave me a 5/5, while the season gave me an 8/10.
The goddess arc story and the characters were great, but I felt it was rushed for a 12 episode arc and some characters has less screen time like Haqua and Elsie then the previous season.
omega_d94Sep 23, 2013 4:57 PM

Sep 23, 2013 4:56 PM

May 2013
Really liked this episode but felt really fast paced too. Also felt really sad because of Chijiro and the song at the school festival just killed me...... Well amazing season 3, hope season 4 is out soon!!!!
Sep 23, 2013 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
The Feels for Chihiro (;_; so sad with the bye bye)
Loved the anime adaptation overall, very nice.... but idk feels....
Keima crys!!!!
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Sep 23, 2013 5:05 PM

May 2013
I'm still honestly surprised with the entire series, I don't typical like harems but this is pretty damned awesome. You can almost feel Chihiro's pain, I don't have a preferred couple but fudge I feel so bad for her.
Sep 23, 2013 5:06 PM
May 2012
Beautiful, loved it. I wanted to see the goddesses fight over Keima afterwards, but still they did an amazing job of the season.
10/10.

Sep 23, 2013 5:12 PM
Oct 2010
Poor Keima, poor Chihiro, and I guess poor Haqua. Sad but great ending.

This was better than I expected, the stronger storyline did good.

9/10.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 23, 2013 5:13 PM

Jan 2012
I loved this season even more than the previous two, but that ending. I hate it when anime does this. I was hoping that he would somehow tell her the truth and that they can end up with her. Since the manga is ongoing(according to other posters) that means there still may be a chance of a girl actually loving like Chihiro did and him responding to her feelings, but still he could of easily fixed the problem because I think he really liked her. Though I kind of understand why he did it because he's in the contract so he'll have to continue collecting loose souls through romance and that would be problematic for a relationship.

That picture of Chihiro crying was so sad. ;-;
I didn't really like her character when she was first introduced but this arc made me like her.
Sep 23, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2012
I really don't understand how the manga series is so popular, how this show is so overrated on MAL, or why I even bothered to watch all three seasons and the OVAs.

5/10

Still scratching my head here.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 23, 2013 5:20 PM

Nov 2008
I hope they will animate the skipped arcs after this. I think that would be their next move.

The adaptation blew me away. It was a very good adaptation despite the rushed episodes.

10/10

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 23, 2013 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
aww... good ep. i wished they managed to fit in chapter 190 of the manga just for the heck of it
Oct 2010
lightXTC said:
I really don't understand how the manga series is so popular, how this show is so overrated on MAL, or why I even bothered to watch all three seasons and the OVAs.

5/10

Still scratching my head here.
Then just let it go and move on before you bleed out. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller

Nov 2009
CHIHIROOOO QwQ
feels/10 for this episode and the entire series, love it all

Thank you for an amazing adaption.
Sep 23, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 2013
Well I only recently picked up the whole series so I've been pretty much watching this non stop from the top and somehow I managed to time it extremely well.

I find that I'm normally disappointed by endings, (Oreimo being my most recent prime example) but I think this was perfect. It managed to capture the essence of the situation perfectly. From Ayumi's love to Chihiro's realisation that unlike those around her during the concert, she isn't a Goddess (i.e. 'special' touching on her conquest in S2) and no doubt she knows Keima has been with them all.

The bye bye scene was done well. In Chihiros position I would have believed that Keima dated her because he loved her rather than saving the world like with everyone else, and the whole rooftop scene went well with that. He definitely felt guilty and saddened by the way he handled the situation even if it was for the good of mankind. I really felt the emotion in this anime these past few episodes.

This was miles better than the past 2 seasons, finally Keima let go off his PFP! Though of course that was his quirk. This season was much more serious but the comedy was still there and there was some brilliant character development (my favourite being Haqua) which I haven't seen before.

Keima walking out the door at the end... Finally he has embraced reality and perhaps real love! Roll on S4.
Sep 23, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2007
Keima still seemed depressed in the end despite what Elsie says....

*SOOOOOOOB* need more KamiNomi oAo
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Sep 23, 2013 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
Great season. 8/10.
But, this episode felt rushed, if only they had a 13th episode.
Sep 23, 2013 5:33 PM

Mar 2012
The anime ranking jump from 75 to 67 after this end. And Chihiro get more favorite too. I'm pleased.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 23, 2013 5:35 PM

Sep 2013
rOCKS!
Sep 23, 2013 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
The ending is a little sadder for Chihiro when you realize that she, unlike the other girls now, actually remembers what happened with Keima. They may clear this up in the manga, but as I call it, the three who sans goddess actually still have feelings for him are Chihiro, Haqua, and the childhood friend from next door--with the others being reset without the goddess being present.

And of course you can't discount the impact on Keima of going through the lovemaking with all of these girls, particularly when we've seen signs that he may actually develop some real feelings toward them during the conquest.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 23, 2013 5:58 PM

Nov 2007
Never in my wildest of dreams I thought I would fall in love with Chihiro this much! It seems this season was meant to be for her. Amazing that she ended up becoming the most precious heroine who didn't even have a goddess inside her despite the name of the arc, Megami-hen!

While Haqua remains my favourite in the series, I have to say, Chihiro moved above rest of the girls in my list. Seeing her tearing up in the end was heartbreaking. I wasn't really ready to forgive Keima for lying to Chihiro but seeing him hurt and actually shedding tears made me realize that it was extremely hard for him to take for doing what he did, lying to Chihiro. Perhaps, she is the one for him after all. :)

Keima getting up from his gaming and coming out of the room in the end, I wonder what that would imply. Perhaps Chihiro triggered Keima's real world switch? That "bye-bye" must have made him realize something!

I was planning to give the anime a 9/10, but I think this season had everything I could ask for from any anime. Thus I will give it a deserved 10/10 and will earnestly hope for a sequel. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ermeson16 - Aug 26, 2013

156 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 19, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2013

302 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 16, 1:00 PM

» Chance of "TWGOK" season 4? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

no_soj - Sep 23, 2013

235 by Loguse »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:59 PM

» Continued chapters?

Mang_David - Oct 5, 2023

1 by Onedux »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2013

158 by 5hadow17 »»
Aug 23, 2023 1:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.