Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2013 9:44 PM

Mar 2012
I wonder if the deja vu that sometimes I felt is because there is another me in another world line that have done the same thing.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 1, 2013 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
just watched it, very emotional i have to say
i loved how it ended, that was just so clever and wonderful
10/10, perfect epilogue/conclusion to steins;gate
the fact that it wasn't needed is made to null and void by the fact that it's great
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Dec 1, 2013 10:40 PM

May 2013
I just finished watching this movie and I really liked it. It brought some good closure to the entire Steins;Gate story. This movie did a good job in elaborating on reading steiner which was not elaborated on the TV series. I like this movie's story of Kurisu experiencing some of the struggles that Okarin went through in the TV series. This helped Kurisu understand Okarin better.

I liked the scene where Kurisu was pretending to be Hououin Kyouma to get everyone to remember Okarin. That scene was funny and a bit emotional.

My rating for this movie is 8/10.

EL PSY CONGROO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Dec 2, 2013 12:27 AM
Feb 2009
holy sht that was good cried just as I did in the original series.
Dec 2, 2013 1:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Like I said in the review I made; I think it's easier to think of this movie as a fandisc adaptation to the original storyline rather than an actual sequel. When you think about it, the story is basically finished already, the point of this movie is simply to give closure and to take care of any leftover loose ends. At least in that regard, it does everything you could ever ask for.
Dec 2, 2013 2:08 AM

Mar 2013
damn !! XD, steins gate movie is great .. this is the end of Steins Gate?
Dec 2, 2013 2:11 AM

Mar 2012
VadNAP said:
There are a sequel of Steins;Gate VN but I don't know if that or this is connected.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 2, 2013 2:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
NeoAnkara said:
VadNAP said:
There are a sequel of Steins;Gate VN but I don't know if that or this is connected.
well that's a non-canon 8-bit extension, don't think that will ever be animated :3
Dec 2, 2013 4:07 AM

Mar 2013
HaXXspetten said:
NeoAnkara said:
VadNAP said:
well that's a non-canon 8-bit extension, don't think that will ever be animated :3
what do you mean a non-canon 8-bit extansion?
Dec 2, 2013 4:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
VadNAP said:
HaXXspetten said:
NeoAnkara said:
VadNAP said:
http://vndb.org/v9887
Dec 2, 2013 5:29 AM

Mar 2013
HaXXspetten said:
VadNAP said:
HaXXspetten said:
NeoAnkara said:
VadNAP said:
http://vndb.org/v9887
ohh... I see... thx ^_^
Dec 2, 2013 12:23 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Romance scenes were nice. When Kurisu kissed young Okarin, I laughed. Something felt missing... 9/10 from me.

Dec 2, 2013 1:36 PM

Apr 2010
Great drama, lots of development on Kurisu's side. I really liked this movie.

8.5/10
Dec 2, 2013 4:20 PM
Dec 2013
I enjoyed the movie, anything new that has to do with Steins;Gate is always welcome for me! Although I must admit, there is a tiny part of me that kind of wishes they had left things where they were before.

Just one thing about the movie that I don't understand: Wouldn't Okabe's disappearance have caused the world line to change from the Steins;Gate world line? When he disappeared, he altered the lives of several people and created a future where Kurisu ended up building a time machine and Suzuha time-traveled. How could these things have possibly occurred while the world remained on the same world line?

Did the world line actually did shift when Okabe disappeared? How could it not have? And when Kurisu gave Okabe the strong memory that he needed, did it then switch back to the true Steins;Gate world line? That seems like the only plausible explanation to me.
Dec 3, 2013 3:09 AM
Mar 2013
lizzie1238 said:
I enjoyed the movie, anything new that has to do with Steins;Gate is always welcome for me! Although I must admit, there is a tiny part of me that kind of wishes they had left things where they were before.

Just one thing about the movie that I don't understand: Wouldn't Okabe's disappearance have caused the world line to change from the Steins;Gate world line? When he disappeared, he altered the lives of several people and created a future where Kurisu ended up building a time machine and Suzuha time-traveled. How could these things have possibly occurred while the world remained on the same world line?

Did the world line actually did shift when Okabe disappeared? How could it not have? And when Kurisu gave Okabe the strong memory that he needed, did it then switch back to the true Steins;Gate world line? That seems like the only plausible explanation to me.

The Reading Steiner is a contradiction to the world line where nothing went wrong. Thus, the person that has the Reading Steiner, the person who has seen a thousand world lines, is the reason that the Steins;Gate world line is unstable.

So, the world line removes the inconsistency of the Reading Steiner by removing the person who has it, Okabe Rintaro, from existence. HOWEVER, it can't remove the influence of Hououin Kyouma, as that would create a contradictory paradox. It would make things that happened nonsensical and thus, the world line would be even more unstable than it was with the Reading Steiner in it.

Imagine for a brief moment what would happen if you remove Okabe. I mean REALLY remove Okabe. Mayuri loses the will to live. Mayuri and Daru never meet. Kurisu never meets either of them. Ferris never meets Mayuri. None of them ever meet Braun. Braun follows a different path of either going broke faster or getting a tenant who keeps him afloat. However, also, Kurisu dies, her father comes up with the time machine idea and gets away, SERN discovers it all and thus, the alpha world line comes back into play. Thus, no matter how you spin it, a Steins;Gate world line without Okabe is 100% impossible and thus a contradictory paradox.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=666831&show=0#HThfAuJqDMYCLrXF.99
This should answer your question. It's not mine just quoting a part of the analysis.
Dec 3, 2013 4:20 AM
Dec 2013
SwiftKilla said:
lizzie1238 said:

The Reading Steiner is a contradiction to the world line where nothing went wrong. Thus, the person that has the Reading Steiner, the person who has seen a thousand world lines, is the reason that the Steins;Gate world line is unstable.

So, the world line removes the inconsistency of the Reading Steiner by removing the person who has it, Okabe Rintaro, from existence. HOWEVER, it can't remove the influence of Hououin Kyouma, as that would create a contradictory paradox. It would make things that happened nonsensical and thus, the world line would be even more unstable than it was with the Reading Steiner in it.

Imagine for a brief moment what would happen if you remove Okabe. I mean REALLY remove Okabe. Mayuri loses the will to live. Mayuri and Daru never meet. Kurisu never meets either of them. Ferris never meets Mayuri. None of them ever meet Braun. Braun follows a different path of either going broke faster or getting a tenant who keeps him afloat. However, also, Kurisu dies, her father comes up with the time machine idea and gets away, SERN discovers it all and thus, the alpha world line comes back into play. Thus, no matter how you spin it, a Steins;Gate world line without Okabe is 100% impossible and thus a contradictory paradox.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=666831&show=0#HThfAuJqDMYCLrXF.99
This should answer your question. It's not mine just quoting a part of the analysis.

Thanks, but that still doesn't really answer my question. I still don't see how two completely different futures could occur in the same world line...
Dec 3, 2013 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
goood stuff
Dec 4, 2013 9:47 AM
Jul 2012
Pretty nice movie and well worth the wait for the subs.
Only thing I felt is something don't feel right is the ending. It was too short and not that excitement feeling like the show. Though, I still like it and that one scene really reminds me of the manga called Steins;Gate: Heiji Kyokusen no Epigraph where okabe was a child. Glad that they featured on to the movie since it was very interesting. Other than that, the movie was short that I think there should be more minutes. Is it me or the ending is kinda like the ova a little?
9/10
Dec 5, 2013 7:34 AM

Jan 2013
The Blu Ray was supposed to come out late, is the quality of the rip good? Also, does it leaves things on a happy note like the original series did? as I don't want to spoil my memory of the perfect ending.
Dec 5, 2013 7:41 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
alanwake said:
The Blu Ray was supposed to come out late, is the quality of the rip good? Also, does it leaves things on a happy note like the original series did? as I don't want to spoil my memory of the perfect ending.
if you liked the original series, you'll like the movie

it doesn't really directly affect the perfect ending anyway so I wouldn't worry about that
Dec 5, 2013 3:58 PM
Sep 2013
There are a couple of issues I had with this movie:

1) Why does he have memories of the other girl's routes? They are mutually exclusive to Kurisu's so he should had never experienced them if he is in the Stein's Gate world-line. If he's getting memories from every possible world-lines than the memories would be infinite; is that why the Reading Steiner was overloading? That still wouldn't make sense cuz the movie said it was overloading due to the memories of the multiple world-line that he's accumulated; however, this particular Okabe should had never experienced the other girl's route. Or is because the timeline of the other girl's routes are so closely related to the Steins Gate world-line that they're overlapping his memories?

2) I'm not sure if this is simply due to the bad translation but I still don't understand how what Kurisu did was able to prevent Okabe from disappearing. And no, none of the explanations here are sufficient for me; it would take forever if I were to get into why. Guess I'll just have to wait for a good translation to see if I can make heads and tails out of it myself.

3) The last thing is about Okabe's first kiss. Okabe had said that his first kiss was with Mayuri because they used "play" kissing when they were kids; I had assumed this meant when they were little kids. However, in the movie, he commented that when Kurisu went back in time and kissed him, that was his first kiss. He looked to be around middle or high school age at this time, which would mean he would had to be "playing" kissing with Mayuri at at least that age. When you're at that age, "playing" kissing is no longer acceptable, you better be serious if you're frenching a girl.

Oh, oh, oh. One last thing. Am I the only one who got turned on by the drunk Kurisu scene on the stairway? I mean, I was literally starting to get a hard-on.
MrNTRDec 5, 2013 4:18 PM
Dec 5, 2013 4:08 PM
Sep 2013
NeoAnkara said:
VadNAP said:

Assuming its canon, this movie is the only true sequel to the game. There are lots of other media that explore other world-lines and you can consider those canon sequels in a way but if you're looking for a canon of the Kurisu's route (aka the True End), this movie is pretty much it. Robotic Notes is the only other thing that's closest to a sequel, as it takes place in the Steins Gate world-line.
Dec 5, 2013 4:23 PM
Dec 2013
MrNTR said:

3) The last thing is about Okabe's first kiss. Okabe had said that his first kiss was with Mayuri because they used "play" kissing when they were kids; I had assumed this meant when they were little kids. However, in the movie, he commented that when Kurisu went back in time and kissed him, that was his first kiss. He looked to be around middle or high school age at this time, which would mean he would had to be "playing" kissing with Mayuri at at least that age. When you're at that age, "playing" kissing is no longer acceptable, you better be serious if you're frenching a girl.

Whaaaaaaattttttt?!?!?! Where did this come from? I never heard anything about that before... It just seems wrong, she's like a little sister to him.

I always thought that the first kiss Okabe referred to was Moeka. You know, how he kissed her to shut her up when they were fighting.
Dec 6, 2013 5:59 PM
Jun 2009
Nobody notices of a strange thing?

When Kurisu meets with young Okabe at the end, there it's not rain and she have her jacket out, she talk a little about the story of Hyouin Kyouma, and suddenly, the rain beggins again, and Kurisu have her jacket...

It's this meaning that Kurisu be in two world lines at the same time or something like that? I don't see any sense in that, because the thing that some user post before, only one world line can exist at same time...
Dec 8, 2013 4:40 PM

Nov 2012
lizzie1238 said:
MrNTR said:

Whaaaaaaattttttt?!?!?! Where did this come from? I never heard anything about that before... It just seems wrong, she's like a little sister to him.

I always thought that the first kiss Okabe referred to was Moeka. You know, how he kissed her to shut her up when they were fighting.

Well after this movie it has to be Kurisu that had the first kiss. And I'm pretty sure MrNTR is talking about the OVA where Mayuri said she and Okabe used to sleep together as kids not kiss.
Dec 8, 2013 4:43 PM

Nov 2012
Being a big Steins;Gate fan, I found this movie to be extremely enjoyable and a good way to find closure. Really enjoyed watching Kurisu take the lead this time to rescue Okabe. Even though I do plan on rewatching all of Steins;Gate in the future I'm still very saddened to see it come to an end.

El Psy Congroo
Dec 9, 2013 1:52 PM
Jul 2012
I meant to come here a few weeks ago when I first watched it, but I just kept re-watching it instead.

Anyway, it was FANTASTIC! It definitely lived up to the series. I was amazed at how emotional it got me. Basically this was the true closure we all needed, as fans of Steins;Gate.

I was gonna write some thoughts and whatnot, but there seems to be many people already working out different theories, and others nitpicking, so I'll leave it all to them :P

I hope this isn't the end. With the huge success of this anime, they should definitely make a second season. Maybe make a storyline separate from the VN so it can continue on. I mean, people would be astonishing idiots to not see the potential here. Other much lesser anime have been given second, third, and so on seasons. Oh God, I hope people won't be such idiots.

El Psy Congroo
Dec 10, 2013 12:50 PM
Dec 2013
Aquarius215 said:

I hope this isn't the end. With the huge success of this anime, they should definitely make a second season. Maybe make a storyline separate from the VN so it can continue on. I mean, people would be astonishing idiots to not see the potential here. Other much lesser anime have been given second, third, and so on seasons. Oh God, I hope people won't be such idiots.

While I REALLY want there to be more in the series, I don't really see where they could go with a second season. What I'd really like to see is an OVA set like 10 years in the future or something, that would be awesome. Not gonna happen, but I can dream...
Dec 11, 2013 12:22 PM

Sep 2007
That was everything I wanted and more.

I want a drunk Kurisu and Ferris to serve me yakisoba ...

Dec 12, 2013 7:29 AM

May 2012
05:25 dat action

07:53 "Da ga otoko da!"

10:14 dat tsuntsun reaction

11:00 darned chuunibyouyarou

13:15 "I LOVE CRT" t-shirt -.-

01:00:18 "Eh?" lol

01:16:11 wth

Meh.6/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Dec 12, 2013 11:35 AM

Jul 2007
I believed the series had a perfect ending then the OVA happened...

I believed the OVA was a nice closure and then the Movie happened...

And indeed this movie was a perfect ending! It takes the original ending and makes it even more epic, best 90 minutes I have spend in a long time! I'll miss all of those wonderful characters! (I need to rewatch everything and play the VN, this got a gold spot as one of my favorite franchises).
Dec 14, 2013 2:54 AM

Feb 2013
Well.....that was fucking amazing.....

With tears in my eyes, I will try and sleep now...but I probably won't because that was too fucking awesome....
Dec 14, 2013 11:52 AM

Jan 2013
For no source material, this movie was soo good! Kept the plot simple and there was a lot of good fanservice. Adding little scenes that the VN readers would recognize was also such a nice touch. The scene with Makise running back to the lab from her hotel to the lab to tell Okabe how she feels was also very "meta" since we can insert that scene where she does it in the series.

It was such a simple thing to switch Okabe's and Kurisu's positions but it came out so well. Of course there were minor plot holes due to the ending but really that's fine. The way they ended it with things not concretely set was also great since that's how the series ended too. What a great movie! Will probably rewatch it again tomorrow with WhyNots release.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Dec 14, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2013
My expectations were pretty high for this, and I was afraid they weren't going to be met. (It is a sequel to S;G after all)

I'd say this movie was pretty close of that though. Excellent directing, especially view angles were really imaginative at times. I also felt like animation was 10/10 for this movie, everything was REALLY smooth and detailed. Music was very fitting, Kanako Ito did almost as well as with the OP of the series. Kurisu and Okabe were as great pair together as always. Satisfying ending for the series also.

The idea of Deja vu was executed very well, and kept me entertained for the full length of the movie. Once again scientific theories didn't feel like writers pulled them out of their asses, they felt real. Power of kisses with a good REASON ftw!

My only gripe with this movie was perhaps that it felt just a tad too short. only 10-15 minutes more could've helped a lot. (Some things should've been explained better) Still, it was fantastic movie, and well earned the place of the sequel of the Steins;Gate. Now Steins;Gate can have a well earned rest as a masterpiece of a thriller.

Overall 9/10!
cupcDec 14, 2013 11:51 PM
Dec 14, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2012
One amazing movie that manages to conclude the series quite well and well I sure loved to see all the characters and the unique development once more of the one and only Steins;Gate!

This sure took long to be released but boy was it worth the way I just loved every second and wouldn't mind rewatching it again as it was this lovely :D

Either way one hell of a great movie!
Dec 14, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2007
A forced ending imo nevertheless a good movie worth the wait! defiantly rewatching
Dec 14, 2013 4:06 PM

Mar 2012
So wait... Makise is the original time traveler? She made Okabe the crazy scientist? So technically, the time machine came first, made far in the future, and the microwave time leap machine was the product of the time machine.

Now Makise doesn't exist, and Okabe, when talking into the phone, is actually talking to Makise, since she is the observer. She found the convergence at 1%. Now, if I were to connect all the cellphone messages, its actually a clue to which time lines are converged, where Okabe exists. But there is an issue, or the end of the beginning. The cycle will still continue, and nothing changes.
Dec 14, 2013 5:18 PM

Jul 2012
Oh man, I didn’t realize how much I missed these characters! They crack me up :D
LOL at the way Okabe broke the awkward air when he first saw Kurisu.
Drunk Kurisu was pretty cute :3
That oversized shirt<3
So Kurisu was the one who came up with Hououin Kyouma? That revelation!
There were so many moments that gave me chills!
I absolutely loved this movie! First ever movie to get a 10/10 from me :D

My only question is:
How did Kurisu go back more than 48 hours?
Dec 14, 2013 5:32 PM

Sep 2008
i disnt even knew there was going to be a movie, i just clicked on it .....and 90 minutes later i was left speechless, i mran, this was a masterpiece before, but know, i wonder how could i rate it...

it was just a love story, i really great love story, damm i almost cried, out of the nice feelings i had while watching this.....and just had finished watching ep 11 of little busters refrain...sothis was shocking X2 to me

i guess its finally over, damm, too good MASTER PIECE!!!

EL PSY CONGROO!!!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 14, 2013 6:14 PM

Mar 2013
As always Steins;Gate is confusing as fuck but still extremely well done. I absolutely love this movie and series. The atmosphere it gives off is so different then other anime if feels like I could keep re watching it for ever.
Dec 14, 2013 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
Great movie, but it seems we're back to square 1. Still loved it otherwise. 9/10.
Dec 14, 2013 8:06 PM

Jul 2008
Awesome movie. Love the Okabe/Kurisu developments.
Dec 14, 2013 9:49 PM

Mar 2012
Such a good ending to my favorite anime series. That time travelling part tied in so well with the original story.

Drunk Kurisu was very cute.

Very confusing if you begin to think about how the world lines work.
ninja88880Dec 15, 2013 1:44 PM
Dec 14, 2013 10:56 PM

Jun 2010
Am I the only one who didn't like this?

I love the Steins;Gate franchise, but this movie was just a complete mess of melodrama, cliché/forced romance and poorly explained plot details. I guess this is what happens when you try to come up with original content.
Dec 15, 2013 12:56 AM

Jul 2008
Luxanna said:

I love the Steins;Gate franchise, but this movie was just a complete mess of melodrama, cliché/forced romance and poorly explained plot details. I guess this is what happens when you try to come up with original content.

I didn't think it was a mess, but I agree the movie was unnecessary. There was really no need for a sequel movie at all. I still enjoyed it though.
Dec 15, 2013 3:23 AM
Dec 2008
omg that was toooo goood
almost cried
omg
too good
Dec 15, 2013 4:36 AM
Jan 2010
Milking the franchise, pointlessly pulled into length - I am very disappointed.
Zero-11Dec 15, 2013 6:51 AM
Dec 15, 2013 4:39 AM

Apr 2011
Luxanna said:

No, you are not alone... I expected something with more... action? I don't know, I just feel like this movie is to earn even more money with a poor plot and lots of (poor to) romantic/drama scenes.

I'm quite disappointed with it. Giving it a 6/10 because it is a Steins;Gate movie and I actually liked the part where each character appeared on scene. But the feeling while I was watching it that everything was kind of forced never left me. Not even in the end.
But... Oh, well...
Dec 15, 2013 6:13 AM

Oct 2009
I did not rate it that high as it was filled with plot holes, especially the huge one at the end... I mean the fact that Kurisu was the one who told him about Kyouma in the past makes 0 sense.
TheDodoDec 15, 2013 6:25 AM
Dec 15, 2013 6:19 AM
Jul 2012
GarLogan78 said:
Luxanna said:

I didn't think it was a mess, but I agree the movie was unnecessary. There was really no need for a sequel movie at all. I still enjoyed it though.

I sorta think the movie was necessary because of how the ova ended but i still enjoyed the movie. Though they've should of adapt rest of the altervive mangas and made them into movies(not recaps)because they need to know the storyline on how it happened.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

11 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Sep 21, 2023 6:40 AM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM

» Couldn't understand a scene

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

14 by PeeBeeBoi »»
Aug 1, 2023 8:06 PM

» Wtf just happened??…

_txhsin__ - Jan 7, 2023

12 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 22, 2023 10:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.