New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 6, 2011 9:45 AM

Nov 2008
Ok, all 3 added, thanks Nachtwandler
Jun 13, 2011 7:52 PM

Sep 2009
http://myanimelist.net/character/34315/Yuri_Nikaido - her/ 100% sure but you could chack
Sep 8, 2011 12:29 PM
Sep 2011
Gin - Detective Conan (case closed)

Matt - Death Note

It says so on their wiki pages.
Sep 22, 2011 6:50 AM

Dec 2008
I was coming here to suggest him but i see he has already been suggested..

Sociobid said:
Matt - Death Note

Yeah Matt is lefty~
In the anime and manga, Matt is left handed.

Sep 22, 2011 7:00 AM

Dec 2008
ps: on the other side i'd delete Luffy and Sanji from the list, there's no proof on wikia (nor either on web) that they are left handed o__o

But if they go out, i've found another couple of One Piece charas that are surely in, proofs included:
Roronoa Zoro = Zoro seems to be predominantly left-handed. He keeps all three of his swords sheathed next to his right hip, an indication of being left-handed as it would be easier to pull a sword out from that side with a left hand. Also, when using one sword in combat, Zoro is usually seen using his left hand to wield the sword.
Silvers Rayleigh = Rayleigh appears to be left-handed. He has wielded his sword using his left hand on a few occasions.

Source: OP Wikia

Sep 25, 2011 3:40 AM

Dec 2008
also:
Yuuta Fuji - Style Left-handed

Nov 16, 2011 11:50 AM

Jun 2011
Hitoyoshi Zenkichi from Medaka Box is left-handed 100%
Araragi-kun from Bakemonogatari is ambidexterous. I have seen that he usually uses his left hand, but he writes by the right hand
Nov 29, 2011 10:17 AM

Jun 2011
Kusuda Etsu from Hatsukoi Limited is left-handed. He writes by the left-hand, keeps fork by the left-hand and throws snowballs by the left-hand
Kimura Kaere from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is left-handed, too
Dec 2, 2011 9:28 AM

Jul 2008
^I Loved Hatsukoi Limited and I didn't notice that XD

http://myanimelist.net/character/40593/Naruko_Anjou (She used a spoon Left-Handed during a BBQ gathering.)

http://myanimelist.net/character/17275/Nodoka_Haramura (It's listed in Saki's Wikia and She used Chopsticks when She and Her friends from the Mahjong Club ate ramen.)

http://myanimelist.net/character/43755/Alma_Tandoji (Shown scribbling something left-handed on a map.)
(But I read on Animesuki that He was supposed to have been encouraged to be left-handed when he was a kid. I can't confirm that but he should qualify since he uses his left to write at least.)

Dec 30, 2011 5:46 AM

Dec 2008
Tasuku Kurosaki from Dengeki Daisy is left handed too! Stated by the author in volume 6, Chapter 27 proof here

Jan 29, 2012 2:02 AM

Nov 2008
Thank you all, I added all of them, especially thanks for the proofs that they're left-handed.

ps: on the other side i'd delete Luffy and Sanji from the list, there's no proof on wikia (nor either on web) that they are left handed o__o

Yes, I have to verify all characters on the list when I have some more time. There is also L who obviously is not left-handed, but he somehow... matces the topic XD Maybe I should make someting like "honorable mentions" ? :D
Jan 31, 2012 10:56 AM

Dec 2008
yes agree, i've seen some charas from the club's list which aren't fitting at all XD;
agree about L, i've searched around but no proofs were found about him.
also please take off Nami, Franky, Sanji too, they don't have any kind of statement about being lefty.. (besides, they are main characters, there SHOULD be something about this particoular feature of them, especially on wikia since OP wikia is very big, but there's nothing.. so i doubt they fit^^")

anyway.. found more :D
Vivi Nefertari: She is left handed, but is capable of spinning the discs with both hands.
Henrietta: since ambidexterous are fine as well -> "While she was rumored to be left handed due to several scenes where she was primarily using her left hand (readjusting her bag from her right hand to her left before hitting a person with it; using a submachine gun with her left hand; eating using a spoon), she usually fires pistols using her right hand, leading to speculations that she is proficient at using both hands." Source
Lafarga: proof
Shigeta Akira: what about him? he forced himself to become lefty "Akira Shigeta is a southpaw boxer who was actually right handed but voluntarily trained himself to become a southpaw." + "The corresponding designation for a left-handed boxer is southpaw and is generally a mirror-image of the orthodox stance. A southpaw boxer guards and jabs with his right-hand. Many believe that southpaw boxers have an advantage over orthodox boxers since their punches come from unexpected angles. This holds true in Hajime no Ippo because Shigeta had the advantage over Sendou and Ippo during their fights." Source

that's it for now x3

----

btw: what did u mean with honorable mentions for not lefty charas? XD;

Jan 31, 2012 2:57 PM

Nov 2008
I found one too, lol. Araragi from Bakemonogatari is ambi, it's like the second sentence on his profile sheet (yes, I am giving proofs to myself).

Thanks for your work Etna-san, you sure help a lot (and watched lots of anime!)

Honorable mantions? IDK, club mascots? >D
Feb 1, 2012 2:47 AM

Jan 2011
Sumimura Yoshimori http://myanimelist.net/character/3755/Yoshimori_Sumimura from Kekkaishi is left handed too :3
Feb 2, 2012 6:47 AM

Nov 2008
Ota-chan said:
Sumimura Yoshimori http://myanimelist.net/character/3755/Yoshimori_Sumimura from Kekkaishi is left handed too :3

Proof please
Feb 5, 2012 6:53 AM

Dec 2008
Snowley said:

Honorable mantions? IDK, club mascots? >D

Oh XD hmm, L would surely be a cool mascot, but maybe i'm too traditionalist 'cuz i think would give a better image to show all and only the real lefties charas :D also to choose a true lefty as mascot but maybe is just me XD

Snowley said:
Ota-chan said:

Proof please

anyway, i've seen kekkaishi too and agree, He's left-handed. i've searched for web proofs but i couldnt find any in english ^^" if you are okay with italian proofs then look at here, it's the first character listed, right under "SEGNI PARTICOLARI:" (meaning particular features/signs) it's wrote "mancino" which means left handed :3

also, i found a bunch of new ones!
Hikaru Zaizen,Yuuji Hitouji,Gin Ishida,Senri Chitose,Kuranosuke Shiraishi all from Prince of Tennis.
Proof: "Shitenhoji is the team that has the most left-handed regulars which is five. Since Shiraishi, Ishida, Chitose, Hitouji and Zaizen are all Lefties." source
also in their mal pages should be mentioned that they all play with left hand :D

ps: i've noticed club's chara relation has to be updated with some of the most recent above listed charas, do u need help with it?

Mar 7, 2012 12:12 AM

Nov 2008
No, that's cool, I didn't touch anything cause MAL had this strange malufunction and every edit went insane, have to chceck is everything all right now. Besides it was a very harsh month for me, I almost got thrown out of college, so I didn't have much time for MAL.
Mar 7, 2012 11:55 AM
May 2011
Mar 18, 2012 4:33 PM

Oct 2011
Raikou Shimizu, from the anime Nobari no Ou, is always holding his sword with his left hand. The same happens when he's holding flowers instaid, so I guess he's a lefty. This is the cover of a dvd of the anime as a proof:

I'm not sure about it, but i think every character inspired on a samurai that actually existed named Hajime Saito are lefties because the real one was a lefty too. I only know two characters inspired on him, but I've heard of more.
Out of the two I know of:
- (I know people already mentioned him and that he is on the list of relations already) Hajime Saitou from Rurouni Kenshin;
- Hajime Saito from Hakuouki (proof below);
Mar 26, 2012 1:04 AM

Sep 2009
Tsutomu Komano, Chihayafuru: http://myanimelist.net/character/47173/Tsutomu_Komano

Anyone who watched the series would confirm this. But if you need proof...

Chouryo, Shin Koihime†Musou:http://myanimelist.net/character/27682/Chouryou

Apr 5, 2012 2:01 PM

Jun 2011
Noel Kannagi, Sora no Woto
Proof is here - http://soranowoto.wikia.com/wiki/Noel_Kannagi
May 27, 2012 10:57 PM

Feb 2011
I think Sentarou Kawabuchi from Sakamichi No Apollon is Left Handed (http://myanimelist.net/character/56861/Sentarou_Kawabuchi). He appears writing with his Left Hand in the middle of the episode 07 and he was digging with his left hand in the end of the episode 06 xD.
Jun 17, 2012 12:12 PM
Jun 2012
Kawabuchi, Sentarou
Aug 23, 2012 4:29 PM

Jul 2009
Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is left handed
Nov 13, 2012 2:50 AM
Aug 2011
midorima shintarou from kuroko no basuke!!!! shin chan is left handed (now i love him even more *O*)
Apr 15, 2015 10:19 AM

Jul 2013
I know of one, Tsubaki Sasuke from SKET dance, Mio from K-On, Shizuku from HXH. Squalo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
Eugene from SAO are are skilled with both hand. Shuhei Hisagi from Bleach is proficient wielding two blades. Zoro(One Piece) and Killer Bee(Naruto) wields multiple swords with both hand.

And I don't know if you could even consider Allen Walker from DGrayman a left handed, same goes to Elward Elric from FMA.
May 2, 2015 6:24 AM
Jul 2014
Dunban [Xenoblade Chronicles]
Cid Highwind [Final Fantasy VII]
Xion [Kingdom Hearts]
Midorima Shintarou [Kuroko no Basuke]
Princess Zelda [Wii version of Twilight Princess only]
Patricia Thompson [Soul Eater]
Mayuri [Bleach]
Shunsui [Bleach](ambidextrous)
May 21, 2015 7:11 AM
Feb 2013
Meliodas from Nanatsu no taizai :)

Sep 1, 2015 12:26 PM
Dec 2012
Issei Hyoudou as well as all past Red Dragon Emperors were left handed
Mar 24, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2008
I added everyone you found (I think), thanks.
Jul 23, 2016 2:52 PM
Jul 2016
Sasuke is left-handed. Because in the Chunin Exams, he was only writing with his right-hand because he was using his Sharingan to copy the movements of the person in front of him. Plus, in a flashback in The Last: Naruto the Movie, he was shown with his pencil at his left-hand.
Aug 22, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2010
GavintheCat2 said:
Sasuke is left-handed. Because in the Chunin Exams, he was only writing with his right-hand because he was using his Sharingan to copy the movements of the person in front of him. Plus, in a flashback in The Last: Naruto the Movie, he was shown with his pencil at his left-hand.

*spoilers* Yeah, that may be right, but he lost his left hand in the final battle with Naruto at the end of the manga (see first pages of Naruto 699) and that became canon in the anime as well. Even if he got a fake arm like Naruto (which I'm not sure of; I think he didn't have one in Gaiden at least), he must have started using the right one.
Sep 2, 2016 12:27 PM

Mar 2014
From Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: The Four Stars of Ruin of Yliaster and the Three Emperors of Yliaster are all left-handed.

From Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V: Tsukikage is left-handed, contrasting his right-handed twin brother Hikage.
Dec 2, 2016 9:24 AM
Dec 2016
Shuuichi Akai from Detective Conan (Case Closed) is also lefthanded.

There are to few left handed.
Dec 21, 2017 3:51 PM
Jul 2015
Sawamura from Diamond no Ace is a lefty
Aug 25, 2018 10:23 PM
Aug 2017
checked the list and didn't see Matt Engarde from Ace Attorney. hes shown holding his wine glass always in his left hand ( which is the item hes holding MOST of the times so )
Oct 25, 2018 8:36 AM
May 2017
Graham Aker from Gundam 00. I'm surprised that he wasn't mentioned here
Honda Shigeharu, Shigeno Hideki, Joe Gibson and Shigeno Goro(originally right-handed) from Major too
Jan 15, 2019 7:28 AM
May 2017
Stubs said:
Don't most people in anime use their left hand to swing a sword? Kind of like in Kenshin. I know most people bat left handed in anime, and use their left hand in other sports. I don't understand it much. I think it's something with Japanese culture I'm not real sure.

If you're pertaining to the left arm being the outside arm, that's right-handed batting.
Left-handed batting pertains to batting at the box of the pitcher's left arm

This is Left-handed hitting
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/screen-shot-2017-07-04-at-2-09-40-pm.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

This is right handed hitting
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4eN6m__35Uo/hqdefault.jpg
YuushasamaJan 15, 2019 7:32 AM
Jan 15, 2019 7:35 AM
May 2017
Sutatenken said:

Issei wrote with his right hand when signing an autograph in season 4. It just happens that the Ddraig took their left hands (maybe Ddraig himself is left handed)
Jan 15, 2019 9:13 AM
Dec 2012
Yuushasama said:
Sutatenken said:

Issei wrote with his right hand when signing an autograph in season 4. It just happens that the Ddraig took their left hands (maybe Ddraig himself is left handed)

Maybe or it could be the anime Taking Liberties to. I don't remember where but I thought I read that they were all left handed as a result of being red dragon emperors.
Jan 18, 2019 10:17 PM

Sep 2018
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Tips for living in a wrong-handed world

OrlahEhontas - May 23, 2009

11 by Colli_CF »»
Mar 31, 2020 9:32 PM

» 200 + Member Cards [CLOSED]

Snowley - May 3, 2011

10 by GFotaku »»
Aug 13, 2012 4:56 AM

» Who wants to take over this club.

Stubs - May 13, 2010

0 by Stubs »»
May 13, 2010 9:43 PM

» Introductions

Takarian - Apr 16, 2009

5 by tplusent »»
Nov 17, 2009 7:20 PM

» Creative thread

Stubs - Mar 13, 2009

6 by Yup »»
May 10, 2009 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.