Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2013 6:13 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
tsubasaloverSep 22, 2013 12:24 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 22, 2013 10:26 AM

Jan 2008
Good,Can't wait till Wednesday !
Oct 1, 2013 11:58 PM

May 2010
Misaki finally showed her friends she was a Maid. :)

Maid's at school? :O

Misaki and friends graduated. :)

Miksaki went to collage.

10 year time skip?
Misaki all grown up was surprising. I didn't like her haircut. :'(

They got married!! ♥ :'D

Happy End.

Great 3 years of reading, Still one of my all time fave mangas.
Most people think it was overrated and cliche, but who cares.
I loved every moment of Maid-sama! :D
Will be missed! ; A ; /

I would love to see Misaki and Usui's family, but oh well.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 13, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
>Be my maid

Cute ending with the wedding even though I found it somewhat predictable. Whoa, so that's what they look 10 years after the time skip. :O

7/10. Cute series overall. Maybe there will be a season 2 to anime this...
Oct 13, 2013 12:59 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, that was an exceptionally satisfying chapter, solidifying itself as one of the best conclusions to a shoujo that I‘ve read. Despite the predictably rushed nature of this chapter, and the entire arc, for that matter, Fujiwara impressively weaved a plethora of characters and narrative resolutions into a consistently compelling tapestry. Most importantly, Usui and Misaki’s growth throughout this chapter was, as always, masterfully executed, as their lives have become inexorably entwined, profoundly illustrated by their beautiful wedding and the thematic accentuation of an enduring happiness that will undoubtedly span the rest of their lives.

Rather than faltering into an uninteresting and lengthy focus on the tedium of Misaki’s revelation to Seika, this chapter, instead, only momentarily touched on Seika’s general acceptance of her, Misaki and Usui’s graduation, and the romantically poignant preparation for their temporary separation. This, of course, was a necessary rapidity, since their youthful preoccupations had been gradually fading since Usui’s proposal. Though Fujiwara could have easily explored the finality of their lives at Seika throughout the majority of the chapter prior to a momentary time-skip that merely provided a glimpse of their future together, this mediocrity would have been an unnecessarily conventional and uneventful conclusion to Usui and Misaki’s relationship.

As such, Usui and Misaki’s wedding was wonderfully satisfying, highlighted by their final kiss, which is, by far, one of my favorite moments in the entirety of the story, partially due to it’s romantic significance, but also to how exquisitely drawn it is. I was pleasantly surprised by their individual occupations, since both thoroughly complement their personalities, particularly Misaki’s, and though the ten-year wait prior to marriage was a bit unexpected and somewhat excessive, it allowed for Misaki to properly attain her dream of confidently existing alongside Usui in England, displaying, once again, the substantial strength within their relationship.

The occasional moments of brief, yet insightful, exploration into the future relationships and careers for the majority of the secondary characters were handled quite well. Several of these were especially intriguing, notably Sakura’s relationship and children with Kuuga, Aoi’s career as a fashion designer living in Paris (with Honoka as a girlfriend, no less), and, in particular, Hinata and Suzuna’s marriage. Yuu’s appearance, which I had been anticipating since the beginning of the Walker Family arc, was far too restrained, since, due to attending the wedding, I would have expected him to have a conversation with Usui, at the very least. However, the melancholic words he spoke to Patricia were quite touching, which served as a decent, albeit incomplete resolution for his character. Hopefully these largely underutilized supporting characters and their individual stories can receive more significant focus in a volume of extra chapters, concluding with, of course, an epilogue for Misaki and Usui, possibly as parents.

As a whole, Kaichou was typically great, but also quite disappointingly flawed. The noticeable inconsistency within the story was the most detrimental aspect, as, worst of all, the narrative was effectively fragmented into two thoroughly disparate halves. As such, the first fifty seven chapters were beautifully written and considerably well-paced, largely devoid of the ridiculous cliches and needlessly contrived dramatics that typically plague this particular genre. Though several flaws occasionally slipped through, they rarely, if ever, detracted from the quality of the story or, in particular, it‘s characters. Most impressively, Usui and Misaki’s romance developed perfectly, touching on a myriad of subtle emotions throughout, culminating with the fifty-seventh chapter, which was easily the storytelling pinnacle of the manga.

Unfortunately, following this chapter, the story gradually deteriorated into a banal mediocrity, and, though Usui and Misaki’s relationship never faltered, it was the sole aspect of the latter half that wasn’t disappointing in some fashion. Essentially, a highly effective balance was lost, as the story shifted towards a reliance on shoujo conventions and a bizarrely misplaced elevation of drama. These flaws were blatantly evident and extensive in the Walker family arc and the return of Misaki’s father. The majority of the final arc, however, was a welcome return to the enjoyably lighthearted and sweetly romantic nature of the first half, while a newfound maturity was filtered into Usui and Misaki’s interactions. The final chapter appropriately focused on a litany of these complex aspects in a very nuanced manner, deftly composing each element of Usui and Misaki’s relationship into an immensely satisfying whole.

Another particularly notable flaw was the absence of a female rival. Due to the laughably uninteresting and meaningless prevalence of Hinata and Tora as “rivals” throughout significant portions of the story, along with Aoi and Maria’s romantic affections toward Misaki, it should have been an inevitability, as it would have improved this terribly unimaginative aspect of the narrative immensely. This partial exclusion, though not altogether detrimental, since I typically loathe that it seemingly infests every single shoujo, is ridiculously unrealistic here, since Usui is considerably more popular than even Misaki at Seika. As long as Fujiwara mistakenly sought to adhere to the conventions within this genre, particularly in the latter half, an admirer of Usui’s would have complemented and likely benefited the thoroughly jarring inclusion of horribly executed “triangles”. The absence of a female complication only accentuates the realization that Misaki’s story, though largely well-written, possesses far too many fantasy shoujo elements, which consistently weakens the effectiveness of the story as a whole.

As such, these flawed tendencies restrained the secondary characters from experiencing natural development throughout the majority of the story, only allowing an insightful evolution within each character’s maturation if it was capable of being woven into Misaki’s narrative. As a result, the supporting characters often became isolated to the periphery, as though they solely existed in order to intermittently interact with Misaki, which is a needlessly constricting narrative device. To further illustrate this particular criticism, Sakura‘s most significant focus and development occurred in a brief side story. Hinata, most egregiously, rather than realistically transitioning past his love for Misaki so that he could begin to realize mutual feelings for Suzuna, this inevitable and compelling development was unnecessarily relegated to several pages in the final arc, in which it was merely established as a potential development in the 81st and then momentarily concluded, albeit satisfyingly, in the 85th. Essentially, the quality of the story would have noticeably improved if Hinata had simply started to develop a relationship with Suzuna towards the fiftieth chapter, rather than still desperately clinging to his feelings for Misaki prior to Misaki “rescuing” Usui from England.

All in all, Kaichou concludes as a rather enjoyable and occasionally great shoujo, moderately tarnished by a second half that was, for the most part, consistently uninspired and lifeless, weakened even further by several characters that would have greatly benefited the story had they been excluded altogether. However, despite these significant criticisms, it possessed one of my favorite relationships in manga, and, though Misaki was often exaggeratedly stubborn, especially towards her father, she was a refreshingly strong heroine, complemented greatly by Usui. As for the superb final chapter, the last page was a fantastic note to conclude the manga on, particularly the image of Usui and Misaki on Usui‘s cellphone and the farewell imagery of Usui and Misaki in wedding attire surrounded by their friends, both of which were beautifully nostalgic, as these illustrations deftly conveyed the breadth of Usui and Misaki’s romance, reflecting on their youth, while also foreshadowing the happiness of their future. Hopefully Fujiwara improves and succeeds with her next work, though it’s unlikely to feature a relationship as endearingly written and beautiful as Usui and Misaki’s.

A reasonably satisfying 7/10 for me.
Oct 13, 2013 1:54 AM

Mar 2012
Can anyone tell me why MAL has its ending as 98? Isnt 85 the last chapter?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Oct 13, 2013 1:59 AM

Jun 2013
OMG! I almost cried after reading "Have a safe trip,Master".

One more epic journey ends.
Oct 13, 2013 2:05 AM

Feb 2012
Didn't think I would like the final chapter since I stopped caring about the story but I did.

Raven-san said:
Can anyone tell me why MAL has its ending as 98? Isnt 85 the last chapter?

Click.
Oct 13, 2013 2:45 AM

May 2013
Okay? No chance to see usui child?
Oct 13, 2013 3:03 AM

Aug 2013
I want to cry :"| This series ended -.- , I hope Her next work will be awesome too :3 Can't wait , I really wanted to see their child ;_;

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Oct 13, 2013 4:44 AM
Dec 2011
Good wrap up chapter. No loose ends. Suzuna got Hinata, as expected. She was just to skilled from the beginning. Aoi-san and the dark haired member of the three idiots going out with the maid-cafe maids was a surprise but you can totally see how that would happen. And really good job by the author showing the story in just a couple frames about those two couples. I think anyway. Seeing Ayuzawa Otosan and Okasan together was fun but i wish they would have done more with his entrance back into the house and family.

Really they took care of everyones development really good. Or at least let us know they are still working to their own life stories. And thats good enough. Even Ruri got into the last chapter(those any one remember her? I don't) I seen Usui steal away the new Usui again and called Idiot Usui(would have been better if they could work in perverted alien but what ever) So I'm happy putting this manga away as a 8/10. 9/10 since they surprised me with a couple age gaped couples

Wonder what Mayuyu thought about it.
Oct 13, 2013 5:00 AM

Sep 2012
Aww, it ended TT.TT *sobs*
It is definitely one of my best series I've read/watched (and rewatched many times)
I feel so sad to see The End page :(
Bu I love the overall story that was covered tin this chapter as of revealing everybody's future ^^
And was hoping for more Usui/Misaki moments
Oct 13, 2013 5:10 AM

Aug 2010
SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

One of the best finale's I've seen in a long time! Just perfect!!!

Before the epilogue...lol'd so much at the students reactions to Maid Misaki being cute XD
They couldn't even look her in the eye XD

The epilogue was fabulous :D

Dat wedding!!! Loved how everyone makes a reappearance 10 yrs later ^^
They all look so good. But they haven't changed a bit XD

Misaki looked great. Really Mature. Poor Takumi. She's a Diplomat so she'll be travelling all the time XD
Takumi becoming the family Doctor. Looking cool as usual hehe :)

Final Pairings...
HinataxSuzuna (married 3 yrs ago? O_o...Suzuna is really aggresive it seems ;) XD)
SakuraxKuuga (Already second pregnancy XD)
AoixHonoka (O_O...Didn't expect that one hahaha...Aoi looks pretty damn cool, u'd never imagine he was a cross dresser hahaha XD...And Honoka is totally Yandere it seems XD)
RyuuxErica (Biggest surprise for me XD)

Lol'd at the Big brother in law fight XD

Also nice to see Takumi's dad was there too ^^

And finally that last scene!! Really stylish as usual. What a couple. Leaving while hanging from a helicopter :D Brilliantly done. "Baka Usui" now can be said to both of them hehehe ^^ XD

One of my fav Shoujo's out there...Glad to see it had a good conclusion ^^
First half was 9.5/10
Second half was weaker 8/10
But the final chapter made up a lot so 9/10 for me :D
Barion-ZaraOct 13, 2013 5:17 AM
Oct 13, 2013 5:53 AM
Jul 2013
I really loved this manga andI'm sad it has to end. Lots and lots of them are ending, but I though there was more to see in this manga, even though I'm satisfied with the ending. An overall great series, I recommend it to any fans of this genre, it has all the ingredients of a successful show.
Oct 13, 2013 6:38 AM
Jul 2009
So who was You-kun talking to in the garden when he got lost? Was it her dad?
Oct 13, 2013 6:45 AM
Jun 2013
And it ends ._.
I felt that the ending was a bit rushed but i think overall this is a great series, i'm curious about their family though.

I hope the authour'd make a spin-off about the Usui family ._.
Oct 13, 2013 7:08 AM

Oct 2011
Llght said:
So who was You-kun talking to in the garden when he got lost? Was it her dad?

I think it was Usui's dad ,Misaki's dad was at the weeding.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2013 8:20 AM

Feb 2013
I absolutely loved this ending, Misaki and Usui finally got married after 10 years!
Oct 13, 2013 8:26 AM

Jul 2013
Ending was good but Misaki always leaving for her job makes me think she could end up like Takumi Usui mom by have an affair( I know misaki would never ever do that but the similarities are to close)

Chapter 9/10
Series 8/10

Also did Takumi and misaki sleep together before the wedding or did they wait 10 years to do so?
Oct 13, 2013 8:46 AM

Jul 2013
It's over. T_T. Such a long journey. I loved the ending so much, they finally got married, but the side characters got together too. T_T Too much. GAHHHH T_T. Why do great series have to end. My body was never ready for this. USUI ;....; Never forget.
"There stood a high school boy, who for selfish reasons had twice beaten an elementary school girl unconscious, and had gotten all nihilistically worked up about it. Actually that's still me."
Oct 13, 2013 9:00 AM
Nov 2009
Not what I expected from the chapter, but it blew any expectations I had away.

Very good chapter to one of my favorite slice-of-shoujos.
Oct 13, 2013 11:27 AM

Sep 2011
I really enjoyed the final chapter. I thought it did a really nice job of wrapping things up with all the characters first at the school with her reveal and then with a good time skip and a where they are at now in the future thing for everyone. It was really heartfelt and it was obvious that the author cared about all the characters and wanted us to see their future lives. I loved the wedding and I loved that her sister was together in the pairing I wished to see too!
Mostly all good - it was nice to see the 10 years in the future thing - a wedding ending and a good job at progressing what they would be and look like in the future. I really DID NOT think it would be 10 years before they would be together so that was my only regret. However, I liked the author's no regrets and tie everything up nicely approach with a great wedding and a great send off. Overall quite a good chapter and a better final than most. I've been reading this one FOR YEARS so it was nice to have a satisfying finale.
Oct 13, 2013 12:25 PM
Aug 2013
Omg! I can't believe it has finally ended. I'm so sad but happy at the same time XD. It was so nice to see what happened to everyone with significance in the story in the end. I can't belive it took them ten whole years after high school to get married though. Like damn, but I would luvvvv to be able to see Masaki and usui's family though, Kwwaaaaiii. Overall it was a good manga and a excellent last chapter. Now I have to find something else to read, any suggestions?
Oct 13, 2013 12:27 PM

Oct 2011
I wasn't too amazed by the ending, but the manga overall was really great and one of my favourites. But I think everything concerning England (the last 15(?) chapters) didn't get me all that excited than the rest.
RiukixDOct 13, 2013 12:30 PM
Oct 13, 2013 12:27 PM
Aug 2013
Did anyone else also see that Igarashi was wearing a ring on his ring fingerrrr!!! I lovedd him throughout the series.
Oct 13, 2013 2:31 PM

Aug 2012
Was the person who helped Hinata is Usui's father(the butler)?
Oct 13, 2013 3:14 PM

Jul 2011
words are wasted here 9/10
Oct 13, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2010
I'm weak for these kind of endings. I loved it.

Xenoi said:
Was the person who helped Hinata is Usui's father(the butler)?

I guess so.
Oct 13, 2013 6:48 PM
Jan 2013
Loved every moment of Kaichou wa maid sama gonna miss it
Oct 13, 2013 6:49 PM
Oct 2010
great end. love they included closings for the other characters
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 13, 2013 9:18 PM

Apr 2011
Ahh, my reading list has really been cut down as of recently.

Great ending. Makes me really want to see a season 2 of the anime. Either way, I am incredibly satisfied with this series.

EDIT: Three years and 500 manga later, I have decided to reread this series. I ended up binge-reading the entire series in two days. That being said, Usui and Misaki will always be one of my favorite couples of all time. The pacing of the growth/development of their relationship is perhaps the best I've ever encountered in the anime or manga. Their interactions (whether subtle, overtly romantic, or bickering) were some of the most adorable things I could recall. Because this manga was one of the first in my journey into manga, I unintentionally used this couple as a benchmark for other romantic couples, making others fall flat by comparison.

Overall, I reminisced on this series with nostalgia, but I hadn't realized until now what a wonderfully enjoyable manga this is and I'm surprised I had given it such a low rating. The last two arcs were underwhelming, but the romance leaves a lasting impression that I cannot ignore.
PurpleYamJun 6, 2016 12:30 AM
Oct 13, 2013 10:28 PM
Mar 2009
Season 2 anime please!

Really wasn't expecting the time skip. Sayonara my favourite shoujo...
Oct 13, 2013 10:41 PM

Jun 2012
The conclusion wrapped everything up, but why do I feel unsatisfied?

I fee like it could have been more....romantic. I also didn't see it necessary to separate the couple for that long amount of time. Misaki and Usui's status together didn't really change much either, even after the marriage, I mean Usui even mentions how busy she will be flying around the world. If anything it feels like they have gotten farther from each other.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Oct 14, 2013 8:04 AM
Oct 2013
I really love this manga and it is my favorite shoujo manga, but I don't know how I felt about the ten year time skip. I loved seeing everyone all grown up but it seemed like a really long time! I would understand seven or so to get through college and get a job but ah well. It just seemed strange that Misaki wouldn't interact with her best friends and colleagues at all to not even know their jobs etc... But, aside from that it was pretty satisfying seeing them mature. Their little high school dress up wedding below the farewell was too cute for words.
Oct 14, 2013 11:38 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Ten years is a big time skip. 9/10.

Oct 14, 2013 12:10 PM

Sep 2011
The only thing I'm confused about, wasn't it supposed to end at 87 chapters? Why'd it end at 85? Cuz if I remember correctly it was at Chapter 84 where it send "ending in 3 chapters!

Anyways, I guess that was a cute ending...? (although the helicopter thing was SO cliche, but then again, this whole manga is pretty unrealistic/cliche) The pairings were interesting, especially with Aoi (although kinda disappointed he didn't end up a crossdresser :p) I liked how he ended up a designer (and with Honoka too) but yeaaah...

Edit: Not saying that the time-skip was bad!! Just that it could've been better XD.

TonyC1994 said:
The conclusion wrapped everything up, but why do I feel unsatisfied?

I fee like it could have been more....romantic. I also didn't see it necessary to separate the couple for that long amount of time. Misaki and Usui's status together didn't really change much either, even after the marriage, I mean Usui even mentions how busy she will be flying around the world. If anything it feels like they have gotten farther from each other.

I completely agree, it could've been a lot better if it was more romantic than some out-of-the-blue 10 year time skip and just like "WAAAT?". But then again the last few chapters haven't been that impressive either so *shrugs*
Oct 14, 2013 3:58 PM
Oct 2009
starkillerkch said:
Ending was good but Misaki always leaving for her job makes me think she could end up like Takumi Usui mom by have an affair( I know misaki would never ever do that but the similarities are to close)

I had exactly the same feeling!!!

TonyC1994 said:

Yeah misaki will always travelling far away from home.. sucks to be usui... and what about their children?? she will be an absent mother.... one of those parents who are never at home because of work.. sucks.
Oct 14, 2013 7:35 PM

Jun 2012
MisterXX said:
starkillerkch said:

I had exactly the same feeling!!!

TonyC1994 said:

Yeah misaki will always travelling far away from home.. sucks to be usui... and what about their children?? she will be an absent mother.... one of those parents who are never at home because of work.. sucks.

Actually I just reread the chapter, a couple more things to add.

This last chapter just seems kind of inconsistent with Misaki and Usui, mostly Usui. He's someone who has kind of a carefree personality and doesn't usually follow the rules, so it seems kind of strange to me that he stays to work in England while Misaki is travelling around the world. He was basically together with Misaki throughout the whole series, it would have made more sense if they had picked a career path that allows them see each other more often, like for example:

They both become diplomats, it seems more fitting that the "strongest couple" also become the "legendary diplomat pairs".

Or seeing how the maid theme was one of the main focus in the series, maybe a career with somewhat of master/servant Boss/Personal assistant type of relationship. Irony would be if Usui became Misaki's assistant.

Anyway I'm sorry if it seems like I'm ranting guys. It's because I love this series so much that I'm picking on the ending.
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Oct 15, 2013 2:20 AM

Oct 2012
It could've been much much better if the issue regarding Usui's father was solved; it was shown how the Ayuzawa women forgave their father; and how Usui kept bugging on Misa-chan because he/she was missing him/her even though they were sooo far away and tried to find many ways just to be together :D <3

jjay_stary said:
Did anyone else also see that Igarashi was wearing a ring on his ring fingerrrr!!! I lovedd him throughout the series.

According to my understanding, Igarashi and Maki were... married. Yeah I know it's weird but... it's England... and Igarashi said, "Yeah, It's to pleasure me.".... When I saw the ring... and THAT line I was like O.O and looked at the panel for how many times!!! >3< To think that I was wondering who Igarashi with that shmexy fang of his got married to... and it was just Maki!! O.O OhmygodIcan'tbelivethis!!! =_= But if you think about it, it makes sense 'cause Maki always wanted to please him and was like a stalker to him having drawings of his daily routines ~_~ Could anyone clarify this ring and line thing to me?? T^T (I even had a bit of a crush on him and liked his chemistry with Misa-chan with his tsundereness >.<)
Oct 15, 2013 7:51 AM
Feb 2013
Well, it's sucks for me that this manga must be end now. There should be another arc such as After Graduate arc(for 10years time skip), etc. Tbh, I want more about Usui and Misaki scenes.
But overall, it's still good tho. One of my favorite mangas. 9/10

S_Anne said:

According to my understanding, Igarashi and Maki were... married. Yeah I know it's weird but... it's England... and Igarashi said, "Yeah, It's to pleasure me.".... When I saw the ring... and THAT line I was like O.O and looked at the panel for how many times!!! >3< To think that I was wondering who Igarashi with that shmexy fang of his got married to... and it was just Maki!! O.O OhmygodIcan'tbelivethis!!! =_= But if you think about it, it makes sense 'cause Maki always wanted to please him and was like a stalker to him having drawings of his daily routines ~_~ Could anyone clarify this ring and line thing to me?? T^T (I even had a bit of a crush on him and liked his chemistry with Misa-chan with his tsundereness >.<)

Well, if you remember that Igarashi has fiance (on the chapter before they go to England), so there's no such delusion about Igarashi and Maki get married. :)
Oct 16, 2013 11:46 AM

Apr 2012
Vupa said:
It's over. T_T. Such a long journey. I loved the ending so much, they finally got married, but the side characters got together too. T_T Too much. GAHHHH T_T. Why do great series have to end. My body was never ready for this. USUI ;....; Never forget.
Same here and here's hopeing they animate the rest of the manga or at least make season 2 of the tv series
Oct 16, 2013 10:35 PM

Nov 2007
aw! one of the best typical shoujo ever. Haha.
but, seriously, i love it! Especially the 10yearslaterlook of USUI~sama! <3 *dokidokidoki. <3

I didn't expect sa-chan and aoi ah~ i guess that's one thing unexpected for me in this ending. haha.

~ Have a safetrip master! :)
perfect! 10/10
Oct 16, 2013 10:45 PM

Nov 2011
So this is what it feels like to finally finish a manga that you've been reading for years... Dayum. I'm so glad I checked today (translation just came out a little while ago)

I loved the conclusions of every single character! They all look amazing, with fitting endings. (I nearly got a heart-attack when I saw Aoi-chan *u*) For the inconsistent quality prevalent in the final chapters, I'm extremely pleased with this one.

The anime and manga were both great. I could elaborate but everyone here already feels pretty much the same as I do, no? All the lovely warm feelings have settled in my stomach ^,^

On a side note: That was definitely the final chapter, right? Why is MAL saying there's 98 chapters?
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Oct 17, 2013 2:02 AM
Jul 2018
man............ it feels like the end of an era......... i mean, i've been reading this manga since forever!! .......and to think that i won't be gettin' all fuzzy & warm from seeing misaki & usui anymore...ohhhhhhh i just wanna experience it all over again!!!!! <3

though i'm not really a fan of time-skips and didn't like this one either........i guess it'd have been better if they had stayed together in those 10 years..........well ENDING WAS GREAT anyway!! ^_^
Oct 17, 2013 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
Aeowina said:
On a side note: That was definitely the final chapter, right? Why is MAL saying there's 98 chapters?

you see, it says 98 chapters because all the side-stories and special chapters (which are 13 in all ) have been included in the count........it says the same under the synopsis.
Oct 17, 2013 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
i loved this ending and i obviously loved this manga.sad that it ended but at least we actually got to see them get married as they obviously would since they were so much in love with each other.i really hope that some anime company announces a second season of this series as i loved the first season and there are so many things they could cover in the second season or even third if they actually made it.one of my top manga series ever and glad that it ended on a good note.cant wait to read the authors next work whatever it may be.
Oct 20, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2013
We got what we were hoping for, the marriage :)
I prefer Misaki with long hair though :/
But overall, it was enjoyable.
Oct 20, 2013 8:48 PM

Jul 2013
One of the best finales ever! I'm glad they showed everyone and they were doing in the last chapter. Still I had a great time reading Kaichou wa Maid-sama! despite some negative reviews. Goodbye Maid-sama, I'm really gonna miss you. Thank you for being a great shoujo manga. Still waiting for season 2.
Oct 20, 2013 10:54 PM

Jun 2013
catnip05 said:
One of the best finales ever! I'm glad they showed everyone and they were doing in the last chapter. Still I had a great time reading Kaichou wa Maid-sama! despite some negative reviews. Goodbye Maid-sama, I'm really gonna miss you. Thank you for being a great shoujo manga. Still waiting for season 2.

i too am waiting for a second season of the anime but i dont think we will ever get it because a lot of people say that the first season sold really poorly in Japan which is really sad because i wouldve bought it but like one person is really going to make a difference.sad news when multiple people were posting it.
Oct 27, 2013 1:23 AM

Apr 2009
Nooo i cant believe its over.. ;-; Usui and Misaki.. T_T... no child... </3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 32 Discussion

shadowraze - May 2, 2009

44 by shaadow82 »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:11 AM

» ending was so sudden

cool_as_mf - Jun 21, 2023

2 by cool_as_mf »»
Jun 22, 2023 6:33 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 48 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2010

21 by YasashiiTimes »»
May 14, 2023 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 21 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Dec 11, 2008

9 by FakeSpicyApple »»
May 4, 2023 8:29 PM

Poll: » Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Chapter 55 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 2, 2010

23 by River-desu »»
Dec 7, 2022 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.