Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 20, 2009 1:33 PM

Sep 2009
Such a sweet episode!
Nov 11, 2009 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode. But god damn they remixed the opening again. Leave it alone!!! And I want the old ED back.
Dec 23, 2009 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
So there are more "CCs" out there, huh?
And that island was like "Survivor - Hentai Edition". I liked it, heheh.
Jan 17, 2010 10:36 AM

Nov 2008
Another interesting episode. I wonder what the new prince will do and what Cornelia will do with the invasion.
Jan 18, 2010 7:26 PM

Apr 2009
I didn't like this one... so much plot progression lazily crammed in with none of the grace or subtlety of the previous episodes... Kept hoping one of the characters would wake up and it'd all be a dream... Nude Kallen was good though :D
wallaJan 18, 2010 7:32 PM
Mar 2, 2010 11:01 AM

Nov 2009
Another very good episode.
storm-12Mar 3, 2010 7:56 AM
Mar 14, 2010 10:08 PM

Mar 2010
nice encounter between Kallen and Suzaku
Nov 1, 2010 2:11 PM
Jul 2010
babykeiji said:
Why does the 2nd prince doesn't care bout the KnightMare that has been stolen. He said that it is just a prototype afterall? LOL!?

I guess he wasn't to worried about what they could do with it since it wasn't finished...

Ok, so Lelouch wanted to make sure Suzaku lived which would imply not to keep him there but how the hell did they end up in the island? That made no sense.

However, it was a nice episode. I especially loved listening to Suzaku and Kallen's argument about their goals and their beliefs. There was also some nice action though not much but that wasn't the main focus of the episode anyway.

I also loved the analogy concerning the trap. "In theory this system works perfectly." That also applies to Lelouch's strategies. Yet, just like he wasn't able to mount the trap, there are many variables that interfere with a perfect battle plan...

Furthermore, Euphemia is not just an extremely naive girl who does nothing at all but is actually intelligent. She was the only one to guess who Zero was. I like her.

Besides not being able to figure out how they ended up in that island, I have some other questions:
-What's the "Thought Elevator"?
-Why was that symbol of the geass there and why it reacted to Lelouch?
Dec 28, 2010 4:06 PM

Jul 2010
Lol! They're punishing him for not giving his life. That's so backwards. Down with Birtania!

Good episode though. It looks like they have a new mech. :D
Jan 23, 2011 6:54 AM

Apr 2010
Interesting episode. And also the part when Kallen was naked was kind of hot LOL XD

Jan 27, 2011 3:10 PM

Dec 2010
Interesting episode
Feb 26, 2011 9:24 AM

Feb 2011
So, now Suzaku know who Karen really is...
Too bad for her...

Jun 1, 2011 9:54 PM

Feb 2010
The plot thickens... pyramids and such...

Lulu making a "trap" awww <333

Massive battle awaits.

Yeah, it's nearly impossible to not marathon this series... addiction!
Sep 16, 2011 10:57 PM

Jun 2011
Under arrest again. That is why you NEVER serve Britannia.
Mar 25, 2012 2:27 PM

Nov 2011
Aina-Chan said:
Anywho seriously why'd they make Euphie naked for no reason IN Lelouch's clothes at least make it because she's showering.
It's because her clothes were wet (you could see this when she was crying that Zero was in front of her, knowing he was Lelouch).

I thought this was a pretty epic episode were they start learning about each other. Hmm... I actually find that the fan service ticks me off more than anything. But Lelouch's physical failures always make me lol. The characters were pretty limited, though. CC is amazing at dissing - "Dumbass? It's been quite a while since I heard someone talk to me like that. Listen, guy-who-has-sex-on-his-mind-24/7, I already told you I'm not Zero's lover." Haha

Agreed - Lloyd's voice actor is amazing. The character might be twisted, but he's hilarious.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Mar 29, 2012 4:15 AM

Mar 2012
ares5566 said:
I'm a bit late to the show but isn't the whole LIVE ON thing going to present a problem later? Or was it only in that momment?

You'll see.

This was a great episode, I love how Euphemia guesses who Zero was. It shows she is not the naive little girl that Britannia make her out to be.

I'm trying not to say too much as I just re-watched both seasons and can't remember specifics... but when Kallen and Suzaku are sitting eating fish at the fire, it makes me want to hit Suzaku in his stupid face. His morals are so illogical.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Mar 30, 2012 2:19 PM

Aug 2010
Kallen's boobs.

That is all.
Jul 28, 2012 8:58 PM
Jul 2012
Good episode.
Liked kaillen naked.
Aug 7, 2012 10:58 AM

Aug 2009
Great episode. I especially liked how Kallen and Suzaku got paired up. Kallen got to show her true self to Suzaku, but Suzaku's, like, the nicest person ever, so he can put up with all the tension and attitude and stuff. They're enemies, but he's still just as friendly. Suzaku is as cool as planet Neptune! Lelouch and Euphie's part was cute, too.

And also, Kallen was wet and naked. Again. Can't get enough of that.

I wonder what's up with Lelouch's brother, Schneizel or whatever? I didn't get what he and all the military dudes were doing at that stony place with the Geass symbol, but I don't really care much. I'm sure it'll be explained later.

The most interesting part for me was when it showed Lelouch using his Geass on Suzaku and telling him to live. I wonder if that was a one-time command or if Suzaku's gonna try and live forever. It made me imagine the Geass possessing him to become a scientist as an old man and make him try to discover a formula for eternal life so he'll never die. Haha! That's dumb.

But seriously, I can't wait to see what happens between Lelouch and Suzaku. And everyone else, too. Sheesh, there's way too many good characters and relationships in this show.
Aug 14, 2012 7:01 AM

Apr 2010
I love this episode because it moves forward the relationships between the characters:
- Euphie knows about Zero/Lelouch, there is no hate.
- finally Suzaku knows Karen is on the other side and they talk a lot.
- Suzaku has a geass effect on him.

A lot of mysteries in the final minutes, I have to say that I'm rewatching this and I don't know entirely what they were talking about.
Aug 22, 2012 9:21 AM
Jul 2012
Great episode, it was very funny when Lulu couldn´t get anything with his trap =)
Aug 26, 2012 1:47 PM

Jun 2012
I must say that Im slowly starting to like this anime. This and the last episodes are really interesting. I think, it was worth to watch the first 15 episodes to come to those :)
And poor Suzaku. He gets always wrapped up in something, while he wants only be a good soldier...
I´m not a native english speaker and I´ve always got bad notes in English, so please, deal with my mistakes try to correct them in your thoughts during reading.

Example:
What´s written:
My inglish have newer be gut
what you read:
My english has never been good.

Hope you got it :P

"You cannot change fate. However, you can rise to meet it, if you so choose"
Sep 5, 2012 2:09 PM

Oct 2011
Every episode just makes me change my mind on how I think this is going to pan out. Lelouch and Kallen really are a formidable duo. I'm glad Euphie knows the truth about Lelouch now, she deserves it imo.
Oct 6, 2012 2:59 AM

Dec 2010
One of the best episodes out of this anime, there's so much in it. The ideological conflict between Diethard and shogun Toudou, Kururgi and Kallen getting to know each other better, not so bad time with Lelouch and Euphy, badass prince, and even a shade of Clovis' character(seriously, in how many animes you get so much character development on an already dead guy(who's actually a non-important character)?). I think that things are gonna take an ugly direction from now on.

I'm not sure if Lelouch used his Geass on Kururugi to save his friend or to save himself ¿__¿
Oct 30, 2012 12:58 AM

Sep 2011
This episode made me think better of Lelouch for some reason. He hasn't totally lost it, yet.
Feb 28, 2013 5:47 PM

May 2012
Great episode, really epic ending, the episode it self was rather funny and now that the princess know his true identity things might get even more interesting!

That mech sure was epic, great weaponry and able to fly!

I do wonder what that tomb was all about, it does seem to have a connection to Geass! Also who's C.C actually talking to Oo?
Jun 13, 2013 4:41 AM

Feb 2013
OriginANIME said:
This episode made me think better of Lelouch for some reason. He hasn't totally lost it, yet.

Same here

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jun 25, 2013 4:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
fedaykin said:

I liked the symbolism of Lelouch saying his trap is "perfect in theory" and nevertheless failing to actually get it done.

Yeah, everything works well in theory but it's almost impossible to execute it out without fail :/ but it was pretty funny how Lulu was trying to make the trap and ended up having to rely on the fruits Euphie found. It's nice to see Euphie and Lulu together. And it seems like Suzaku pretty much going to stay alive since that was his command. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing in terms of Lulu and his future plans. I laughed when I heard that recording, "Shut up! I'm not dying here!" (or something like that). I guess he's so OP that he can escape any close to death situations.

I'm more curious though, about the ruins. Seems like it has to do with C.C. and her people?
Jun 30, 2013 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Sooo he can use his Geass twice? He used it twice on Suzaku then.

Also, Chinese helping Japanese? Whut whut
Jul 21, 2013 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
mayukachan said:
Sooo he can use his Geass twice? He used it twice on Suzaku then.

Also, Chinese helping Japanese? Whut whut

Ummmm. He used it on Suzaku for the first time in this episode.
Aug 6, 2013 3:12 PM

Jun 2013
can't get enough of kallen. shes so spunky and hot. also, anime logic: girl stranded on island, first thing to do when she wakes up is to get naked.

Aug 14, 2013 10:30 AM

May 2013
Damn, Kallen was pretty hot naked.
Aug 21, 2013 2:10 AM

Jan 2008
babykeiji said:
Why does the 2nd prince doesn't care bout the KnightMare that has been stolen. He said that it is just a prototype afterall? LOL!?

I know right i was thinking the same thing

Funny and interesting episode waiting for the next episode
Oct 17, 2013 10:00 AM
Jul 2013
damn i'm rewatching it and it almost kills me! Makes me really sad!
Dec 29, 2013 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
Isn't that the second time Lelouch used his Geass on Suzaku? I thought he could only do it once per person.
Feb 24, 2014 11:18 PM

Jul 2011
a lot of character development but i was kinda hoping lulu killed euphie i mean i just dont like her.. anywway that tomb has something to do with geass becausee it wasn't until lulu was about to use his geass that it activated
Feb 25, 2014 9:43 PM

Aug 2013
Hey you know I always wondered in this ep (I think it was this ep):

Why did Lelouch feel obligated to unmask himself to Euphie? I mean as far as I could see he didn't have any reason to reveal his identity and doing so at that point in Lelouch's mind had to have been a TREMENDOUS, maybe the biggest and possibly most unnecessary risk he could take (didn't he just contemplate killing his close friend and love interest Shirley earlier because she found out his identity vs. Euphie who's the half sister that by my understanding/the looks of it has been in his life less years than she has). He kind of just did in response to what for all he knew was a shot in the dark by Euphie (Euphie herself iirc mentions the reason she GUESSED Zero could've been Lelouch was because it had to be someone with a disdain for the royal family I think but imo that could be a lot of people in the Geass world).

This was just one moment I didn't get. Because on top of that I think Lelouch revealing that he's Zero to Euphie was a turning point in the story. It was an event that triggered a lot of things (imo everything) to come. But what I don't get is why he did it. He clearly appeared as if he was caught be surprise but I mean if I were him I easily could have decided to keep my helmet on, deny that I am or that I even know a Lelouch, and let it go from there. I mean I don't think Euphie even had any evidence of her guess being true. It was just a hunch right?
May 16, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2013
who the fuck is her brother
May 16, 2014 2:21 PM

Aug 2013
おっぱい!!
avengersaint said:
Damn, Kallen was pretty hot naked.

this !
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 6, 2014 5:04 AM

Jan 2012
I liked the episode but I guess I was the only one that didn't like Suzaku being with Kallen and charming her (because I hate that guy).

Seriously, Lulu is the REAL good guy. Remember the last ep? Suzaku tried to brainlessly kill himself because his bosses ordered him to do so when it was shown they just wanted Zero dead and didn't care who they sacrificed. Another point of why Brittainia is evil. Lulu was the nicest guy in telling Suzaku to LIVE. I don't think anyone mentioned that Lulu has been trying to take care of / save Suzaku the entire time while the dude is trying to murder Lulu. So who's the real bad guy? The best thing you can tell Suzaku to do is LIVE because he seems to have lost his will to live based on his past. Lulu could've told Suzaku to "shoot himself" or "help me escape then kill yourself" etc. but no, he chose to save Suzaku.

The more I watch the more evil Suzaku appears. His nice guy act is a facade to make him rationalize his actions because he's a "knight." More over, everyone has good arguments to shut Suzaku up but he never listens. He says he has the same goals as the BK. So what's he doing? Oh nothing just doing whatever Brittania tells him to do. Any Suzaku supporters should try explaining that. If he's doing things the "right" way, what exactly is he doing? He's obeying his enemies and attacking his people. He's not changing the country. If he had his way, all the Japanese would be subjugated by the end of the show.

Suzaku is not L and Lulu is not Light in the slightest.

Jul 14, 2014 9:18 AM

Oct 2012
What a smart order) Live!
There was a huge geass on the ground... Hmmm
Jul 26, 2014 10:08 AM

Oct 2013
How will Suzaku get out of this 1.

Aug 13, 2014 10:42 PM

Jul 2013
Raidriar said:

The more I watch the more evil Suzaku appears. His nice guy act is a facade to make him rationalize his actions because he's a "knight." More over, everyone has good arguments to shut Suzaku up but he never listens. He says he has the same goals as the BK. So what's he doing? Oh nothing just doing whatever Brittania tells him to do.

I pretty much agree completely with this. Suzaku's doing nothing himself while slamming Zero's methods. Zero's methods are getting results (or they would be anyway if Suzaku didn't butt in every time). Suzaku's methods will result in Japan's complete subjugation under Britannia and all resistance eradicated. Meanwhile Suzaku acts like a 'good' guy that will sacrifice himself to save others while he tries to kill his own friend who just wants him to live.

A few eps back I was actually beginning to understand Suzaku a bit (after the reveal about how he killed his father) but no, I don't understand him anymore. His reasons are dumb.
Sep 7, 2014 10:26 PM

Jan 2014
Oh Schneizel! At least Lulu got away with quite the piece of merchandise.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 11, 2014 11:22 AM

Oct 2013
All right, I didn't understand at all how they wound up on the island.

Nice fanservice for Kallen though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 12, 2014 6:42 PM

Dec 2013
Not killing Suzaku will be Lelouche's downfall..
Oct 5, 2014 12:41 AM

Jun 2013
Interesting episode. So Euphie knows that Zero is Lelouch, but the others still don't. Well it looks like Lelouch and Kallen escaped in a new Mech LOL. Onto the next ep!
Nov 19, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
I don't even care about Suzaku anymore, but Kallen... <3
Nov 27, 2014 12:10 AM

Jan 2014
Not sure how that happened, but it was nice to hear those conversations.
Nov 30, 2014 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

It's the trademark Sunrise island episode!

Lelouch commanded Suzaku to "live"... /nospoiler
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.