Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, Dee, all the sufferings. Bye Dee ;.;

I like how Alis came to her help though. Just in time~
I'm going to miss this series anyways. 7/10. Might even give the LN a shot. Dat embrace at the end ;.;
Sep 21, 2013 11:45 AM
Jul 2013
Wait what? Dee died? But.... but... the LN.....

The fuck? Alis was suppose to die O-o. Don't tell me they just did a turd-u-turn and go for an Anime-Original-Ending.

Nigguh, are you trolling us?
XinceptionSep 21, 2013 11:51 AM
Sep 21, 2013 12:51 PM
Jan 2010
Those two episodes went into a great effort to explain that Dee was the cause. Then they threw it back into our face and said, "Nope, it was all a misunderstanding..." Uhhh... okay :)
Guess I'm fine with that. So...those last five seconds...what are we supposed to make out of that?
Sep 21, 2013 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
Xinception said:
Wait what? Dee died? But.... but... the LN.....

The fuck? Alis was suppose to die O-o. Don't tell me they just did a turd-u-turn and go for an Anime-Original-Ending.

Nigguh, are you trolling us?

So... Dat original anime ending? LOL.
Sep 21, 2013 2:51 PM
Jan 2011
Trapped in teh past and loop on and on that day They died and saved by the gravekeeper ai
Sep 21, 2013 3:54 PM
May 2010
Hmmmm i liked this anime, sad alis died in the end i liked him. T_T
Sep 21, 2013 3:59 PM
Oct 2008
What are you guys saying? Dee didn't die? xP

But yeah, so Alice was actually dead, but Ai saved him? o-o That's what he said at the end when standing in front of his own grave. Mindfuuuuuckkkk
Sep 21, 2013 4:16 PM

Nov 2007
Ghost girl invited the hakamori girl and red hair guy to talk, but actually she went and get everyone to remember about the loop. Now everyone’s face is with weird when reliving that day. The truth is it was him who died when she fell and nobody helped him. Hakamori girl and others helped them. He led everyone go. Hakamori girl still couldn’t give up saving him, but he pushed her out. She went to save him from his tomb? It’s so confusing even for ending.

Waiting for unaired ep. 13 next year.
tsubasaloverSep 21, 2013 11:24 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 21, 2013 6:38 PM
Jan 2011
And now this anime ends.
Sep 21, 2013 11:36 PM
Jul 2010
Damn, this anime had so much potential... And now, with this rushed and unexplained(and obviously badly executed Anime Original) ending...
Still can't get over Humpnie's death, would've been a better show with him around, instead of just Ai and a bunch of other pointless characters.

I guess the anime didn't do a very good job of adapting, when I feel like this. I'm absolutely sure that if there was a full translation of the LN, I'd love it and wouldn't have minded all the changes between volumes.
Sep 22, 2013 12:01 AM
Dec 2012
I'm confused.

Dee was not dead?? It was all due to his misunderstanding? lol Then why was she a ghost outside the area before?? If my memory is not faulty, I think she was even floating in the air in previous arc.

Also why did Scar not notice Alice was dead?? I think Scar had said in previous episode she could differentiate the dead from living people by their scent.

It was unbelievable that Ai lifted Alice and Dee. I bet the creator is male. It was unconvincing a little girl was so powerful. (BTW It's Alice, not Alis, according to his name on the tombstone.)

Ai revived Alice at the end? Is he a fully living man now? Or is he like people of the city of the dead? I thought Ai wanted to save the world. But she ended up saving Alice. Did she give up the desire?

I think this arc messed up the entire series in the end. What a finale!
Sep 22, 2013 12:26 AM

Sep 2012
This arc was just weird and still didn't explain much.
Overall, the series was a 7/10, simply because it set itself up for a lot, but failed to deliver in many aspects.
Still a nice, slow story to watch and listen to, but I wished it had focused more on the world they were in, instead of random side stories.
Any chance for a season 2?
Sep 22, 2013 12:45 AM

Feb 2012
eminagnam said:

Ai revived Alice at the end? Is he a fully living man now? Or is he like people of the city of the dead? I thought Ai wanted to save the world. But she ended up saving Alice. Did she give up the desire?

Something something about having a different perspective of the world depending on the person. Alice was her world? ROMANCE???
kickmesignSep 22, 2013 12:50 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 12:54 AM
Aug 2013
So where are we in the light novels?
Sep 22, 2013 12:55 AM
Sep 2013
I haven't watched it yet, but it seems like most people are confused about the ending? It is an anime only ending?

I was pretty excited when the anime started then it kind of went downhill after Ai's father died since the other arcs just weren't that interesting
Sep 22, 2013 1:25 AM
Aug 2011
The WORST show out of everything that i've been watching this season.

Illogical relationships, sporadic motivations and decision making, characters that are hard to read...and that ending was utter shit.

I can live without continuous plot but when each arc is as messy/badly executed with its story telling to a point where nothing flows coherently then we've got problems.

I said this before but it feels like they've adapted this from a book that was missing half its pages.
Pretty Madhouse background art couldn't save this. Just awful.
Sep 22, 2013 1:32 AM
Nov 2008
Okay I am totally confused. So she's standing at Alis' grave and then he's standing beside her and says he's saved? What? Did she wish for him to come back to life or something? Can someone please explain this to me xD ? So confused right now! xD
Sep 22, 2013 2:38 AM

Mar 2011
That was a good show with nice art and ost, story was a bit rushed.
9/10.
Sep 22, 2013 2:42 AM

Jan 2013
What a troll ending.

I loved the art, ost, and liked most characters. So 8/10

The arcs got progressively worse.
Too many unexplained plot points and random twists.
Sep 22, 2013 2:50 AM
Jul 2011
Wtf troll ending
Sep 22, 2013 2:57 AM

Jan 2013
So if Alis was the one who died, why was he alive and Dee the ghost in the real world?
How did Ai end up saving Alis? And is he now actually alive in the real world?
I'd appreciate if someone could answer me these.
Sep 22, 2013 2:58 AM

Jun 2008
So much confusion, so much build up with let downs. Three arcs in series none made too much sense.

Great art, great soundtrack, great effects, but lack of story with explanation.

None the less they kept the feels up to a high standard which kept me entertained enough to keep going.

With my wanting to learn what the [fizzle] is going on, but my sheer laziness for not wanting to pickup the LN, I'm leaving this series alone now.

Would have been better had (insert most of the show's plot buildup here) they actually delved into detail and explained that [shizzle].

7/10
Signature Here.
Sep 22, 2013 3:02 AM

Aug 2010
eminagnam said:
I'm confused.

Dee was not dead?? It was all due to his misunderstanding? lol Then why was she a ghost outside the area before?? If my memory is not faulty, I think she was even floating in the air in previous arc.

Also why did Scar not notice Alice was dead?? I think Scar had said in previous episode she could differentiate the dead from living people by their scent.

I think this arc messed up the entire series in the end. What a finale!

+1

Well, I really loved this series but the anime didn't explain much at all. I have no idea what happened at the end!! O_o??? Someone help!!

LN readers...Where can I read??? PLZ?? I loved the setting of this world so much and want to know more about it. The manga isn't that good and the anime while good wasn't satisfactory. I need the LNs!!!

Gotta admit even though I didn't understand much from the ending, it was pretty emotional.
Sep 22, 2013 3:20 AM
Jun 2013
could someone educate me on what happened at the end of this episode? i dont relaly get it
Sep 22, 2013 3:22 AM

Nov 2011
Yet again the ED was giving me feels. And then, troll ending....

7.5/10
Sep 22, 2013 3:44 AM

Sep 2012
Such a vague ending, but I really enjoyed this anime, one of my favourites of this season. Soundtrack was great, animation was great, plot was good until the last arc imo

7/10, season 2 never, I loved the characters so much ;_;
Sep 22, 2013 4:08 AM
Jun 2012
Loved everything. From the characters to the plot to the art (especially the art) to the music. It was one of my fav anime's this summer. True, some arcs were pointless and weren't as interesting BUT the first and final arcs and the ortus arc was amazing :P It moved me so much.

This episode made me cry so hard D': I was so surprised when it was actually Alis who died. It actually surprised me and I don't get surprised easily... I think Dee was a ghost in the real world because she believed that it was HER that died that day and Alis was alive because he thought that he was alive. Perhaps Dee's world had something to do with changing the state of their bodies. And only when they got their memories back did Dee manage to be human again.

Also I think Ai pulled Alis through the door and he came back human, but as a living dead. And I think Ai is going to bury him (since she is a gravekeeper). Poor Ai D: first your parent's and now your best friend )':

Season 2 onegaishimasu. I would do anything for a season 2. Or an OVA. or ANYTHING DX I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH GAHHH.
Sep 22, 2013 4:41 AM
Aug 2010
I am so confused... Why is Alice alive?
Also how would he even be saved if he pushed Ai out of the door...
Sep 22, 2013 4:44 AM

Jul 2013
Aclos said:
So if Alis was the one who died, why was he alive and Dee the ghost in the real world?

I really hope the OVA explain these questions somehow.
Sep 22, 2013 4:47 AM

Mar 2012
Aclos said:
Well, my theory on that would be perhaps its because Alis is dead that he appears normal in the real world where the dead can walk and live. Dee on the other hand was still technically alive and was a part of the class that wished Alis to live...so maybe her transparency was just a sign that she's still technically trapped with the rest of the students in the other world?

I know, it's a wild guess theory, but is better than nothing.
Sep 22, 2013 4:53 AM

Feb 2011
Imo this was a very successful adaption besides the ending. Beautiful in the true meaning of the word. Art , OST and animation , all of them were splendid , well , I could've lived without all that CG at some scenes but yeah... I will miss this series a lot *^*

9/10
Sep 22, 2013 5:10 AM

Sep 2013
The ending doesn't make too much sense...

Overall, the first arc (Hamphie Humbert arc) was excellent, although it was rushed, the second arc (Idol of Murder arc) was the best arc. The third school arc was boring and unnecessary in this season (maybe those kids play a pivotal role later on in the LN) and this last arc was utterly confusing with inconceivable plot holes.

I was expecting a twist in the story but looks like I'm the one getting twisted instead.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Sep 22, 2013 5:12 AM

Mar 2012
While watching the latter part of this episode, I was thinking
-What if Ai had a power opposite to that of the 'Idol of Murder'. Where she can revive someone. But I, contradicted myself by saying, a dead buried by a grave keeper cannot be returned to life.

Then, there goes the ending. I'm so confused. Hopefully, the 13th episode wtill clear this up.
Sep 22, 2013 5:22 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty disappointed about the ending, especially the last 5 seconds, though I felt that the last arc as a whole was quite good. As for the series itself, I really enjoyed it. Though it never really lived up to the great first arc, the world and the art made up for that and the OST was fantastic. It's a shame that there'll probably never be a second season as I still have a load of questions..
Sep 22, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2012
A somewhat confusing end, I have the same questions as you all probably do, but still this series was great, it had superb visuals, awesome soundtracks (especially the ending theme), and the story, though confusing, was very enganging and emotional. I also liked Dee and Alis. All in all, Ill rate it 9/10.
Sep 22, 2013 5:48 AM

Jun 2013
Cried like a baby when the truth was revealed that Alice was actually the one that is dead and when he was telling everyone else to go to the outside world while he'll be the only one disappearing himself.

BUT IM CONFUSED AT THE END. Why is he alive? Did he come back as a living dead? How did Ai save him if he had pushed her out of the door? She flew back to pull him out too or smth? ahhhhhh

Im happy that he's alive but on the other hand im confused as hell.
overall, i think this anime deserves a 8/10
Sep 22, 2013 5:52 AM

Nov 2009
I'm actually happy that Alis is alive, but why? How is he alive? Is this an original anime end? And that "Fin", does that mean there's no second season?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 6:12 AM
Dec 2011
Overall this anime was enjoyable. Gave it a 10/10 but changed to 8/10 for the rushed ending :/ Ahh still cant get over Kizuna Astin's(Hampnie Hambert) death though, I teared so bad even though I'm a guy lol.

Urgh I'm really dissatisfied with missing links they failed to cover. Can anyone please explain what just happened, at least according to the LN?

-sidetrack- dk why they gave "female names" (Yuri and Alice) to two guy characters though
Sep 22, 2013 6:12 AM
Feb 2013
Did Ai just dig out Alice out of his grave? Can gravekeepers do this? Confusing ending.

7/10 overall, I could give it 8/10 if I'd figure out what happened in this arc.
Sep 22, 2013 6:13 AM

Jun 2013
dzn018 said:
While watching the latter part of this episode, I was thinking
-What if Ai had a power opposite to that of the 'Idol of Murder'. Where she can revive someone. But I, contradicted myself by saying, a dead buried by a grave keeper cannot be returned to life.

Then, there goes the ending. I'm so confused. Hopefully, the 13th episode wtill clear this up.

It should be , " what if Scar's baby , the sister of the Idol of Murder can actually revive people ? " That would be awesome and make sense .
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Sep 22, 2013 6:21 AM

Oct 2012
WTF was this??! She SOMEHOW saved him? An explanation or something? I don't see how any of this can be satisfying.

This series would be good and I liked its road movie feel... but there are simply too many obivous plotholes and unanswered things.
How come Alis was able to walk human world before? (when he was dead) How come Dee was ghost outside (when she was alive) What about all that Whisper and witch nonsense? (Hitler and so on). Dee in ep7 had totally different personality than Dee in the last arc. What about other unresolved questions concerning gravekeepers and living dead? What happened 14 years ago? We may never get an anwer for that.

Also, the only good arc in this anime was Ortus. Last class 3-4 story would be good but this resolution was mockery to all viewers. First three episode I hated Hampnie personality and was glad he died so soon. Goran Academy arc was also so weak.

5/10 as it is, only because there were some good things on the way (else it would much lower score). But I don't think I ever want to watch this again. If there is no sequel this show really makes no sense. Not that I want to watch one.
Sep 22, 2013 6:32 AM

May 2011
Hopefully the OVA will some explanations because there were many unanswered things at the end. This had a lot of potential but I felt like the series wasn't the same after Hampnie died. The OST was decent but I couldn't "connect" with any of the characters, I found Ai annoying most of the time. Shame.
Sep 22, 2013 6:33 AM

Jan 2010
Do you guys need to be spoon fed everything? Use your reasoning and theory crafting for a bit here.

"Why was Dee a ghost?"

Dee is a part of the fabricated world. She cannot leave it. Alis, on the other hand is made from that world. He can enter and leave it anytime he wishes. Thus, she's a ghost.

"Why is Alis alive in the outside world with everyone else"

He isn't alive nor undead in the outside world. Alis is dead. He said he was buried by a gravekeeper. However, the Alis we see is an Alis that is created by a strong wish of 18 or so of his classmates. He is a part of the fake world. He is "real" by all means because he's a new entity created by the wishes of his classmates. So, he's technically alive. That's why Scar can't detect that he's dead.

"What happened 14 years ago?"

That's been explained so many times. God decided to leave the human world because humans were being greedy, pathetic, and so on. He sent gravekeepers down. Granted some wishes. Didn't you even watch the series? It explained the days of the calendar. Monday-Saturday. Then Kamisama, God, left the world on Sunday.

"BUT WHERES THE REST"
In the books. This is an anime adaptation. There's 12 episodes. It's like you expect them to answer everything in 12 episodes. There's more mysteries unsolved. That's the point. The series isn't done. The anime adaption for books 1-4 (5?).

Edited with new guesses.
Kan_BiiruSep 22, 2013 6:43 PM
Sep 22, 2013 6:42 AM
Mar 2012
@Teldara, thanks for the explaination. I'm looking forward to reading the novels as they get translated.
Sep 22, 2013 6:45 AM

May 2010
What a surprise !!

So that's what happened, pretty touching
Sep 22, 2013 6:49 AM

Sep 2008
I love this series!
Nice character!
Great story!
Amazing animation!
Pretty music!

I want more!
Can't wait for OVA! *.*
Sep 22, 2013 6:58 AM

Sep 2008
Last episode, final scene and we find out that his name is Alice not Alis xD
http://i.imgur.com/smpVkv0.jpg
Sep 22, 2013 7:12 AM

Mar 2009
Aclos said:
Sep 22, 2013 7:12 AM
Jan 2011
... What happen? WTF just happen? I'm confuse???????

TQ
Sep 22, 2013 7:14 AM

Oct 2012
Teldara said:
"Why is Alis alive in the outside world with everyone else"
He isn't alive in the outside world. He's DEAD.

yeah, but that doesn't answer the question why Scar didn't smell him as gravekeeper then.

anyway, anyone who wants some spoilers and look on pictures of rest of volumes look here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120427&page=2

apparently, anime adaptated volumes 1-5, 6-8 are out and 9 is the final one. Ai matures in later ones because she has more woman shapes there and there is young Silica. Alis did really die - earlier in volume 6 Ai woke up from a nightmare where she buried Alis for the sake of her dream (last scene of anime). Ai and Dee went to clean Alis' grave. For some reason, there is photo of Ai and her parents being dead in year 2012 in volume 7.
Mich666Sep 22, 2013 7:30 AM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.