Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Is this another date? Kinda feels like to me with the festival mood, yukata, and candy between Eba and Haruto to me. Oh I see fireworks too.

Oh boy: http://i.imgur.com/cIxrZS5.png

Stark700Sep 21, 2013 7:49 PM
Sep 21, 2013 9:08 AM
Jan 2013
haven't watched the raw yet.. but yeah i think this is the part where they confessed again?
Sep 21, 2013 2:20 PM

Aug 2009
OH GOD... thats like the worst situation xDD
Lying you're at home to your gf but your bf is actually waiting for you at home xD

scary lol

I dont want this anime to end T __ T

I wish this was a 24-er Q_Q
Sep 21, 2013 2:28 PM

May 2013
Oh man he got caught. This is going to be a heartbreaker next episode.
Sep 21, 2013 2:39 PM

Nov 2008
This guys needs to make up his mind already. He's seriously irritating.
Sep 21, 2013 3:19 PM

Oct 2010
The episode skipped even more things. Oh well, Asuka deserves someone better than Haruto anyway, so in that sense I'm glad that
Sep 21, 2013 3:41 PM

Jun 2012
HARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2013 5:05 PM

May 2013
Man sucks to be haruto, tho he did get himself into this mess
Sep 21, 2013 5:31 PM

Jul 2012
If there's one thing great about this show, it'd definitely be setting up romantic moments. The balloon scene from Tokyo and now this fireflies scene. Really stunning stuff. It really makes up for the awkward animation. Great insert music too.

I'm a bit disappointed that it's almost over. I want to see more of it.

LOL that cliffhanger.
Sep 21, 2013 6:26 PM

Jan 2012
I couldn't help but laugh when Haruto's phone rang, considering that he had jumped full-on into the lake moments before.

But damn. Can't wait to see where the last episode will go...
Sep 21, 2013 7:57 PM

Aug 2012
Oh he just got busted oh snapppppp, can't wait to see what happens next episode
Sep 21, 2013 9:02 PM

May 2013
curse you eba, u dam bitch, know your dam plce

and fuckk u stupid haruto, u stupid shit,

and thank god azuka finds out, leave him please, he doesnt deserve a faithful and cute girl like you
Sep 21, 2013 9:17 PM

Jul 2010
Something is missing from this episode! I 'll check the manga again.

On the other hand, I really enjoy the art on this anime. It gives a lot of romantic feels. ♥
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Sep 21, 2013 9:51 PM

Jul 2010
I really don't get people that blame Yuzuki for this. She was trying to avoid messing up Haruto's relationship. She told him how she feels and that she plans on moving forward finally and threw away the gift he gave her, telling him that they wouldn't see each other anymore once they were back in Tokyo. Haruto is the one that didn't let her carry through with it. Her reason for doing it is the same reason Asuka (in the manga) basically gave Haruto an ultimatum when they were visiting Hiroshima. She told him that she loves him too much to be around him, so if they are just going to be friends, it would be best if he went back to Hiroshima after graduation. After that, Haruto asked her to go out with him. Nobody got mad at her for basically telling him that it is either date me or lose my friendship.

Yuzuki never stopped loving Haruto. It was just too painful, for both of them, right after Kazama died. Haruto rushed into a rebound relationship and those never work. Regardless of what he tried to tell himself, he never stopped loving her either.

I didn't think they skipped that much, frankly. Most of what they skipped was Haruto and Yuzuki reminiscing about the first thing he cooked for her and stuff like that, as well as Takashi trying to hit on Kiyome and Rin getting in the way and pissing Kiyome off. Since Kiyome isn't on the trip, that makes it tough for that part to happen. They also changed the reason Yuzuki stayed home with Haruto, which is good, because that was one of the lamest parts of this part of the manga. I like that they stayed because Haruto's grandma was ill much better. They also didn't have Yuzuki yelling at him that he can't swim when he jumped in, which is too bad...

All in all, I thought they did it pretty darn well. It had the same feeling of "correctness" when they were at the pond for the fireworks and when Haruto refused to let Yuzuki run away from him again. Then the sense of dread when Asuka was waiting for him at the house.

Sep 21, 2013 10:06 PM

Apr 2013
haven't read the manga, but these characters takes the award for the most annoying cast of the season.
Sep 21, 2013 10:21 PM

Dec 2010
Such mixed feelings about this adaptation...this episode, along with the rest in the second half were great, but the others...meh. Eba looked great here, and that music...yeah.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Sep 21, 2013 11:40 PM
Forever Fearless

Apr 2007
Feel so bad for Asuka right now. T_T
Speed is Life - 1st ID... patch on my shoulder.

Sep 21, 2013 11:52 PM
Mar 2013
I'm getting pretty pissed of right now, First she dumps Haruto, Then starting to date someone else, Then Kazama dies and she talks to Haruto and says that they shouldn't see eachother again and after that she meets him again and tells him that she still loves him. Haruto you shermhead now you'll get dumped for sure, Asuka is the best and you still lie to her. This anime is pissing me off so much but it's really good and i can't stop watching it
MummenatorSep 21, 2013 11:57 PM
Sep 21, 2013 11:59 PM
Dec 2012
He was caught by her at the end. PV implied he was going to ditch her. Well, it was predictable when he had asked Eba to wait a while. It was rude when he lied to her. But I know you can't lie to yourself. He hurt her, but it would be impossible to cover up his honest feelings toward the other girl.
Sep 22, 2013 4:20 AM

Oct 2012
And that's why we hate Haruto. And also eba for starting the whole ordeal. Asuka deserved better as a character
Sep 22, 2013 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
That sony xperia is really water proof!?
Sep 22, 2013 7:37 AM

May 2013
edwd2 said:
That sony xperia is really water proof!?

LOLOLOL
Sep 22, 2013 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
Cat is out of the bag.

Great episode!!!
Sep 22, 2013 10:07 AM

May 2008
that essence of school days at the end...
Sep 22, 2013 11:35 AM
Jan 2013
Haruto, BUSTED!!!!
Sep 22, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2013
Senninn1 said:
I'm getting pretty pissed of right now, First she dumps Haruto, Then starting to date someone else, Then Kazama dies and she talks to Haruto and says that they shouldn't see eachother again and after that she meets him again and tells him that she still loves him. Haruto you shermhead now you'll get dumped for sure, Asuka is the best and you still lie to her. This anime is pissing me off so much but it's really good and i can't stop watching it

eba dumped haruto and became kazamas girlfriend because she felt it was her duty as a "friend" to be with kazama as it was his dying wish.as for her not wanting to see haruto after kazamas death, im not really sure why she say that to haruto but why i think she did it was because she didnt want haruto to chase after her anymore or she wanted to show that she really did care for kazama.(talking and hanging out with haruto right after kazamas death would just show that she really didnt like kazama at all which i dont think she did).it was obvious that eba still loved haruto as she never seemed happy or even talked when she visited kazama and would only laugh or show any emotion was when they talked about haruto.haruto probably knew that she was bottling all her emotions inside her and she felt guilty that did all these things to haruto.

i still dont see haruto actually liking asuka.she always seemed more like rebound girl as nanami said that haruto shouldnt let another girl get away(because asuka liked him)so i think nanami persuaded his feelings towards asuka more than his own.dont get me wrong asuka was a good girlfriend to haruto but it never seemed like he put in the same amount of effort she did into their relationship.

so at the end of the day,its harutos decision to lie to asuka and pick eba as he also never got over his love for her.

chrisma said:
Something is missing from this episode! I 'll check the manga again.

On the other hand, I really enjoy the art on this anime. It gives a lot of romantic feels. ♥

a lot of things are missing not only in this episode but throughout the series,but i dont think it completely distroyed the manga.i still prefer the manga over the anime and want another company to make it but it was still good especially the sign with haruto hugging eba and telling her that she shouldnt feel guilty for the pain shes caused him and showing them as little kids.
Sep 22, 2013 9:35 PM

Jul 2012
SuzukaxYamato fireflies bridge?
Sep 22, 2013 11:51 PM

Sep 2013
Did anyone else not see that plot twist coming ? Lol.
Sep 22, 2013 11:59 PM

Jan 2013
Shit, nice ending.
Solid romance drama, just how I like it.
Sep 23, 2013 2:34 AM
Feb 2013
really painfull for asuka, but i still rooting for eba :3

btw, anyone know the title of the song when haruto and eba went home? (at minute 16:13 from animeultima)
sorry my poor english
Sep 23, 2013 4:39 AM
Apr 2013
Was waiting to see this and the next episode animated, they handled it really well.

It always confuses me why people get so angry over this? I mean this is a solid romantic drama, just as it is labeled. Its the drama we watch for and boy oh boy is it good.

Can't wait for the next episode, it only gets more dramatic :D
Sep 23, 2013 5:02 AM

Nov 2012
look what has haruto done in this episode -_- and eba.. -_-
poor asuka.. really poor asuka.. I'm not really suprised asuka show herself
Sep 23, 2013 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
Sigh.. 12 episodes only..
Though I`m looking forward for complete series..
Sad news for me..
"Google is your friend.."
Sep 23, 2013 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
Oh damn it all, Haruto what the fuck are you doing lying to bestgirl..
Sep 23, 2013 5:09 PM

Jun 2013
2010101060 said:
Sigh.. 12 episodes only..
Though I`m looking forward for complete series..
Sad news for me..

if they adapted the manga from the very beginning it would been longer but ive noticed that most anime series are usually around the 12-13 episode mark now.from time to time there will be one that is 24-26 episodes long.
Sep 23, 2013 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
I kinda like how they draw so much attention to the clover necklace and then don't draw it in past the first scan of her when she was on the porch...quality.

Eba, fuck you.

Haruto, you fucking suck dude.

Asuka, I'm sorry.
Sep 23, 2013 10:09 PM
Sep 2013
zensunni said:
I really don't get people that blame Yuzuki for this. She was trying to avoid messing up Haruto's relationship. She told him how she feels and that she plans on moving forward finally and threw away the gift he gave her, telling him that they wouldn't see each other anymore once they were back in Tokyo. Haruto is the one that didn't let her carry through with it. Her reason for doing it is the same reason Asuka (in the manga) basically gave Haruto an ultimatum when they were visiting Hiroshima. She told him that she loves him too much to be around him, so if they are just going to be friends, it would be best if he went back to Hiroshima after graduation. After that, Haruto asked her to go out with him. Nobody got mad at her for basically telling him that it is either date me or lose my friendship.

Yuzuki never stopped loving Haruto. It was just too painful, for both of them, right after Kazama died. Haruto rushed into a rebound relationship and those never work. Regardless of what he tried to tell himself, he never stopped loving her either.

I've read many of your posts (which are very informative, by the way) and my response here is to try to explain why Yuzuki is getting [more] blame:

She is just making things worse.. The way I see it, she is aware that she is making things worse but is at the same time unable, or refusing, to come up with something better.. The way she does it is like throwing more wood and paper to an already dying flame, hoping it would die out in the process.. How Haruto does things is just utter ignorance and stupidity.. They both deserve somewhat equal blame but the former just happens to stand out more.. The blame / hate constantly shifting..

The situation now can't fully be compared to that of Asuka's.. At that time, they were essentially single and hence no cheating could occur.. The premise of "drifting apart" with Yuzuki was present.. He was still at fault, though.. I personally wouldn't put much weight on the conversation thing..

I find it hinted that Haruto is capable of moving on if there is no or little presence of Yuzuki or anything indirect (e.g. her sister, memorabilia).. More so, being unable to do any form of communication with Yuzuki enables him to just move on very much better than Yuzuki.. I find the fault here at a grey area..

Anyway, I think she is getting the hate more simply because Haruto is more on "reactions" to Yuzuki's "actions".. Intentional or not being irrelevant..
Sep 23, 2013 10:25 PM

Aug 2008
Asuka deserves something better for sure. Not someone that isn't really honest about his feelings and is only using her to try to forget about her ex. Let's see how does this ends, but I'll definitely try to read the manga later.
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Sep 23, 2013 10:37 PM

Aug 2013
Lulexiaa said:
OH GOD... thats like the worst situation xDD
Lying you're at home to your gf but your bf is actually waiting for you at home xD

scary lol

I dont want this anime to end T __ T

I wish this was a 24-er Q_Q

i totally agree brother
AqUar!An
Sep 23, 2013 10:39 PM

May 2012
I haven't read the manga for this show at all, so i don't know if Eba is any different in the manga, but i really don't like how shes getting in the way of Haruto and Asuka.

I really liked the cliffhanger though
Sep 23, 2013 11:02 PM

Jun 2013
Lode said:
zensunni said:

I've read many of your posts (which are very informative, by the way) and my response here is to try to explain why Yuzuki is getting [more] blame:

She is just making things worse.. The way I see it, she is aware that she is making things worse but is at the same time unable, or refusing, to come up with something better.. The way she does it is like throwing more wood and paper to an already dying flame, hoping it would die out in the process.. How Haruto does things is just utter ignorance and stupidity.. They both deserve somewhat equal blame but the former just happens to stand out more.. The blame / hate constantly shifting..

The situation now can't fully be compared to that of Asuka's.. At that time, they were essentially single and hence no cheating could occur.. The premise of "drifting apart" with Yuzuki was present.. He was still at fault, though.. I personally wouldn't put much weight on the conversation thing..

I find it hinted that Haruto is capable of moving on if there is no or little presence of Yuzuki or anything indirect (e.g. her sister, memorabilia).. More so, being unable to do any form of communication with Yuzuki enables him to just move on very much better than Yuzuki.. I find the fault here at a grey area..

Anyway, I think she is getting the hate more simply because Haruto is more on "reactions" to Yuzuki's "actions".. Intentional or not being irrelevant..

i also think eba receives a lot of the blame because of how she was portrayed in the anime.the anime started off with her dumping haruto because she had another boyfriend which made most people that didnt read the manga think she was a bitch throughout the series but in the manga she is actually a very careless yet lovable character.the only flaw that she really possessed was that she just like haruto always tries to solve problems by themselves without asking others for help or their opinion. the fact that in the anime she was so heartless towards haruto even though they still love each other made her seem like a bitch and also add in the fact that after kazamas death she didnt want to see haruto anymore which was probably very difficult for her to say because she still loved him and vice versa. after the time skip with haruto dating asuka,eba appears again and is constantly showing up which made people think that she was always trying to talk to haruto and interfere with his relationship with asuka.as a matter of fact,haruto just happened to choose to work at a store that was near her house and was the one to ask her to go to fantasy land with him even though eba said it wasnt a good idea and should go home.during the trip back to hiroshima,she tells haruto that she still loves him even after all those years and even says herself that she didnt want to ruin his relationship with asuka so she throws the pendant in the water but haruto was the one who didnt want to lose her.when they are walking back to harutos house he tells eba that she should wait for his response but everyone knows what he wants to say.

i see why people blame eba for ruining haruto and asukas relationship but i dont think its her fault.haruto should be the one to blame because hes the one decided to go to the mixer which he encounters eba again after a year and a half.hes the one that chose to work at a store that eba happens to live close to and goes there a lot.hes the one that accepts a date with "rin" and when he saw it was eba he still wanted to go even though they decided it wasnt the best idea.haruto also decided not to throw away the present he bought for eba years ago and still gives it to her so "he could forget all about her"(i think that just made his feelings for her resurface).when eba tells him that she and rin are going back to hirsohima for vacation he couldve told asuka that they were going and went with asuka instead of returning home where its obvious something is going to happen.and of course he was the one that couldnt accept the fact that him and eba would never see each other again after they return to tokyo.it was always harutos actions that caused the most problems as seen in both the anime and the manga.sure eba was always there when these things happened but its not like she planned everything out.
Sep 23, 2013 11:34 PM

May 2013
mrbakchoi888 (im not gonna quote cause thats a lot of space ha)

you could not have said this better and i agree for the most part. But even placing the blame just on haruto is overdoing it. hes just the main instigator. If the blame should go on anyone i think it should be all 3 of them. They are all following their heart in the end. Eba still loves haruto so, even though she did try and avoid it all so that it wouldn't effect haruto and asuka's relationship, she wants nothing more then to share her love with haruto. haruto is in a self struggle to do whats "right" and to follow his heart which is why he struggles so much to give up on eba. As for asuka, she loves haruto as well which is why she gave him the someone outrageous ultimatum.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Sep 24, 2013 3:05 AM
Apr 2012
:( I see where this is going. Oh well. Team Asuka to the end..
Sep 24, 2013 6:58 AM

Jun 2013
what is she trying to do? and what the hell dude you already have a girlfriend BUSTED!!!
Sep 24, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2008
What I like in this series in art/animation,
story... eh...
everything happening so quickly... -.-

I hope Haruto in the end will Yuzuki...
after all these time, they just should be together...
They want be together,
but there is alwyas something what prevents them to be together...

Also I main guy/main girl... there are just created to be together.
Sep 24, 2013 8:10 AM

Dec 2012
Tbh, it wasn't Yuzuki's fault as much as it was of Haruto's. I realised my memory was wrong when I was under the impression that Yuzuki 'seduced' Haruto by getting closer to him then confessing. In a way, yes - she did try to get closer to him, but she wanted to sort out her feelings and ultimately tell Haruto the truth so that he can be happy. It was the fact that Haruto did not let go of her the whole time he was dating Asuka that led to this mess.

Although I still don't like the animation, I thought this part of the manga was adapted quite well. Best episode so far of the series, might be able to bump the whole thing up to 7 if the final episode is done right. I initially thought this series is a crap adaptation but now I'm starting to appreciate it a little bit more. It would still be good if KNIM actually gets a 26 episode series that animates from the beginning to the whole Tokyo arc, but considering how fast the anime went, 26 might not be enough.
Sep 24, 2013 12:41 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know why people would blame Eba. It wasn't like she was trying to sabotage Haruto and Asuka's relationship. She refrained from saying anything, but in the end you love who you love. It's heartbreaking to love someone when they might not have feelings for you back. I think her confessing was really honest and genuine. It wasn't like she was trying to get back into his life, but rather the last time she planned to be seeing him.

Haruto to be in this position, I would same some is his fault. He should have been honest to Asuka from the start about Eba. A lot of the incidents and the meetings were coincidence that neither Eba or Haruto planned to happen. The only thing was I think the whole fake date with Rin was a bit dumb, especially when you already have a boyfriend. I guess maybe he was trying to make it such a lame date that Rin would think he's boring, thus driving her away or something. But who knows.

I think this anime is really cute. I just wished the anime was longer so we all could know the characters a bit. I read a little of the manga and some spoilers since I really like the story -- long distance relationship and the whole red-string-of-fate theme.

Are there going to be 12 or 13 episodes, anyone knows?
Sep 24, 2013 3:52 PM

Jun 2013
norngpinky said:
I don't know why people would blame Eba. It wasn't like she was trying to sabotage Haruto and Asuka's relationship. She refrained from saying anything, but in the end you love who you love. It's heartbreaking to love someone when they might not have feelings for you back. I think her confessing was really honest and genuine. It wasn't like she was trying to get back into his life, but rather the last time she planned to be seeing him.

Haruto to be in this position, I would same some is his fault. He should have been honest to Asuka from the start about Eba. A lot of the incidents and the meetings were coincidence that neither Eba or Haruto planned to happen. The only thing was I think the whole fake date with Rin was a bit dumb, especially when you already have a boyfriend. I guess maybe he was trying to make it such a lame date that Rin would think he's boring, thus driving her away or something. But who knows.

I think this anime is really cute. I just wished the anime was longer so we all could know the characters a bit. I read a little of the manga and some spoilers since I really like the story -- long distance relationship and the whole red-string-of-fate theme.

Are there going to be 12 or 13 episodes, anyone knows?

they have only announced 12 episodes so far but i doubt there will be anymore unless it comes in a form of an ova.
scweebal said:
mrbakchoi888 (im not gonna quote cause thats a lot of space ha)

you could not have said this better and i agree for the most part. But even placing the blame just on haruto is overdoing it. hes just the main instigator. If the blame should go on anyone i think it should be all 3 of them. They are all following their heart in the end. Eba still loves haruto so, even though she did try and avoid it all so that it wouldn't effect haruto and asuka's relationship, she wants nothing more then to share her love with haruto. haruto is in a self struggle to do whats "right" and to follow his heart which is why he struggles so much to give up on eba. As for asuka, she loves haruto as well which is why she gave him the someone outrageous ultimatum.

i get what you mean and i didnt mean to put all the blame on haruto even though it seemed like it i just dont see how eba receives so much of the blame just because she dumps haruto to date harutos new friend and a couple years later while hes in a relationship with asuka she tells him that she still loves him.i think the fact that she confesses while haruto is still in a relationship is kind of weird but at least she told him her feelings and even decided that they shouldnt meet anymore.people dont look at the fact that she didnt want to ruin harutos happiness with asuka(even though its obvious he loves eba more than asuka because he would jump in a river and in the manga i remember that he was scared of the river/lake because takashi and akari pushed him in when they were younger)and haruto was the one that couldnt accept it.people just say shes a bitch because she confesses to him even after all shes done and when he has a girlfriend already.i see it as the samething as when haruto finds out that kazama is dying and dating eba but still doesnt let go of her.people in the episode forums were cheering him on so why is it different when eba is fighting for harutos love.just because asuka isnt dying and she was a "better" girlfriend then eba.if people just read the manga they would understand that eba had to fight for harutos love in the first place because he loved nanami and dont understand what she had to go through to finally have her feelings reach him.its just the fact that eba confessed to haruto while he was still in a relationship with asuka that people think shes a bitch.if asuka and haruto broke or were never together in the first place people wouldnt even care about the fact that she dumped haruto for kazama and didnt want to see each other anymore.

as for asuka i think some of the blame can be put on her too because
mrbakchoi888Sep 24, 2013 4:00 PM
Sep 24, 2013 8:20 PM

May 2012
well shit... that was actually unexpected
Sep 25, 2013 12:51 AM
May 2013
I guess I'm the only one who said YES! when Eba finally confessed her real feelings to Haruto because I haven't read the manga
And I thought I'm the only one who noticed that the phone is still okay after getting wet from Haruto jumping in the river.
And Haruto's lie is so obvious just judging from the tone of his voice and words he is lying kinda hate him for using Asuka as an escape from being heartbroken from Eba, I wish he did just honest to his feelings because we can see that Eba really like her.
Oh well, next one will be the last.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

98 by 14n9k »»
Apr 11, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

202 by Rurihime »»
Mar 19, 6:07 PM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

104 by Hinomari13 »»
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

77 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Kimi no Iru Machi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

87 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 11, 2023 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.