Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2009 6:43 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What's with AoShen translating what was clearly "Earl Grey" as "Count Gure"?

Seems like the action scenes were much better this episode than the past few. Closer to episode 1's level of quality. Also awesome that we got to hear some of that music that we heard in the first fight's background.

Keita is still useless - he's more like a battery for Kuro than a character. I really dislike both Akane's character design and voice, I decided. Looks like we're going to leave her for a while and go off to Okinawa, though. I hope that actually happens.
Feb 6, 2009 11:25 PM
Mar 2008
Finally things got interesting. Still want to know where I can get some of the Mermaid shit. Keita still blows, especially when he was staring blankly while Kuro got her head punched through some asphalt.
Feb 7, 2009 1:32 AM

Aug 2008
Putting away my tsundere side, I have to say this episode wasn't half bad. Far from great but better than the previous 2-3. Maybe there is little hope after all.

PS.: roflmao
Feb 7, 2009 8:15 AM

Jul 2008
Oh, battle scenes are so awesome on this serie, I love those ! But it was little... boring ?

Hahaha, tea time ! 8D Pretty funny... But this serie has some hope, so... looking forward to next one !

Feb 7, 2009 12:24 PM

Jul 2008
so beside the evil ones tribal end now the good ones appear the noble one. so lets see what conflict they are gonna have. it was kinda interesting though, that photo with the mom of keita and brother of kuro.

Feb 7, 2009 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
I have a feeling this series is gonna go down hill sometime soon. We currently know of one objective, which is Kuro wants to kill her brother, and the plot looks like it's moving pretty quickly towards achieving that goal. Except this series has 24 eps. That would mean it's gonna slow down at some point, and that's when it'll start to get bad.
Feb 7, 2009 6:01 PM

Dec 2008
boring, but also funny episode, it's great parody
Feb 7, 2009 6:14 PM

Oct 2008
Given this series is 24 episodes long and in the manga they are at 58 chapters and she has not even MET her brother, i have no idea how they are going to end this which makes it even more odd that they are already going to Okinawa where the majority of the plot takes fold.

besides that, the fighting scene was done well, im looking forward to the okinawa segment but it wont be for a while.
Feb 7, 2009 10:17 PM

Dec 2008
WTFwasThat said:
Finally things got interesting. Still want to know where I can get some of the Mermaid shit. Keita still blows, especially when he was staring blankly while Kuro got her head punched through some asphalt.

What Mermaid shit? And pretty much how I've been feeling the past 5 episodes...Keita pisses me off. I get annoyed watching him.
Feb 7, 2009 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
It seemed that the Excel/Steiner synchro was alot cooler than Keita/Kuro's. The whole synchro thing reminded me of digivolving, which imo was a waste of 5 minutes.
Feb 7, 2009 10:41 PM

Dec 2008
rawfulmao said:
It seemed that the Excel/Steiner synchro was alot cooler than Keita/Kuro's. The whole synchro thing reminded me of digivolving, which imo was a waste of 5 minutes.

Yeah I agree, Excel/Steiner's synchro looked better. Especially cuz Keita/Kuro aren't standing next to each other, but suddenly are spinning back to back. And the synchro scene reminds me too much of like..Sailor Moon transformations or something, very unnecessary.
Feb 7, 2009 11:29 PM

Jan 2009
Haha yea I thought of Sailor Moon at first too, but felt too ashamed to post it. Knowing that I am not alone gives me courage :P
Feb 8, 2009 2:30 AM
Feb 2008
I liked the Episode, it was like a little Tutorial for Keita and Kuro :) I'm looking forward to the next Episode, the Woman, who was showed and the very end of the Episode, seems pretty strong. I hope that Keita and Kuro fight versus her, would be interesting i think :)
Feb 8, 2009 8:48 AM

Apr 2008
naikou said:

That's how it is with speedshits. Next time try AllofThem or wait for Nuke.

I am not the only one who thinks that Mototsumitama battles look like Pokemon battles, am I? There is a trainer (contractee) who stays back and a Pokemon (Mototsumitama) who does the actual fight...
Also, synchronization looks lame. And Keita is lame too; previous week he was like all-but-fight-why-are-you-destroying-my-life, and now he miraculously is deep into it? That doesn't make sense.
Feb 8, 2009 9:12 PM

Oct 2008
rawfulmao said:

yuh i hope they make it quicker in later episodes, i don't wanna see all that everytime they do it
Feb 10, 2009 11:15 PM

Aug 2007
Modrzew said:
naikou said:

That's how it is with speedshits. Next time try AllofThem or wait for Nuke.

I am not the only one who thinks that Mototsumitama battles look like Pokemon battles, am I? There is a trainer (contractee) who stays back and a Pokemon (Mototsumitama) who does the actual fight...
Also, synchronization looks lame. And Keita is lame too; previous week he was like all-but-fight-why-are-you-destroying-my-life, and now he miraculously is deep into it? That doesn't make sense.

Qft.

Meh. Dropped. I'm sure that it'll get better, but I'd rather not watch several bad episodes just to get to a decent one.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Feb 10, 2009 11:24 PM

Oct 2007
Looks like they're screwing around with the order of the episodes as we're getting into the assassin arc. I have no clue why they are rushing through this and butchering the story. God knows why they are doing half these changes as all of them I've seen has been for the worst. I can't even imagine what they're going to change in Okinawa. This really has been a fail of an adaptation.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Feb 10, 2009 11:56 PM

Nov 2007
i swear akane's scream sounds like something you would hear in a bad hentai. seems interesting so far and i wonder what it means about keita and his terra. could he be running out and dying?
Feb 11, 2009 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe he's got one of those Reiji Maigo things? (jk)
Feb 11, 2009 6:28 AM

Jun 2008
So far I'm not really enjoying the series, and the fights looks dull and uninteresting.Dropped

Feb 11, 2009 11:13 AM

Feb 2009
Damn, how many times are they gonna show us Keita naked? -.- My eyes, my poor eyes...

Pretty boring episode, imho. I really hope the show will get better once they're in Okinawa but right now it doesn't live up to the first episode and the plot doesn't seem very interesting.
Feb 11, 2009 11:40 AM

Oct 2007
Jarmel said:
Looks like they're screwing around with the order of the episodes as we're getting into the assassin arc. I have no clue why they are rushing through this and butchering the story. God knows why they are doing half these changes as all of them I've seen has been for the worst. I can't even imagine what they're going to change in Okinawa. This really has been a fail of an adaptation.

My thoughts exactly... don't see how they can incorporate the assassin arc now. Why did they have to mess up the order of things? It also really made no sense that Kuro didn't know what an Exceed was but still managed to come up with a name for it, whereas in the manga all Mototsumitama know what an Exceed is

and Kuro actually educates Keita on the different types of Exceed.

They even got rid of Keita's 1st Exceed throw up (-_-).

All I can say is that the best part of this episode was when Keita got punched in the face. Hope that knocked some sense into him. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2009 2:17 PM

Feb 2008
those guys clearly have never drank Earl Grey tea. oh the hubris!
Feb 11, 2009 2:34 PM
Dec 2007
kie_ said:
So far I'm not really enjoying the series, and the fights looks dull and uninteresting.Dropped

I wanted to write something close to that, so that's basically it. Bad fighting scenes and very weak script overall. Dropped too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 11, 2009 2:54 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Pretty good episode, Keita's mom looks great. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 11, 2009 2:57 PM

Feb 2008
Yay, Keita finaly has some reason to help Kuro. Good Episode.
Feb 11, 2009 4:10 PM

Mar 2008
This show isn't that bad. The manga was clearly much better, but the anime adaptation is still better than your average shounen action anime.

I like Excel & Steiner. They are much more interesting than Kuro and Keita.
Feb 11, 2009 4:58 PM
Mar 2008
rabids0ap said:
What Mermaid shit?
That awesome game that the loli plays. Gotta get me some of that badassness
Feb 11, 2009 10:49 PM

Sep 2007
Needs less synchro and exceed stock footage.
Feb 12, 2009 2:34 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
Is the fight finished in this episode? I was planning to drop this series after the fight with Excel and Steiner and wanted to know if they stretch it out into episode 6.
Feb 12, 2009 12:38 PM

Oct 2007
kie_ said:

same here.

can't stand pathetic male characters who just stand around and do nothing <_<
Feb 12, 2009 5:47 PM

Nov 2007
kie_ said:

EP 5 was quite bad.
But I will not drop it yet.
I will watch ep 6 and then I decide if I will continue watching.
Feb 13, 2009 7:36 PM

Aug 2008
I love that a second after not knowing what exceed was, Kuro had a name for her Falcon Punch. The transformation and attack sequences are so stale that it's beyond laughable and into the sad territory.

Loli and Pedo-guy of course stop right before they kill Keita and Kuro, only to be invited for tea and scones like nothing happened previously. Ridiculous.
Feb 13, 2009 10:49 PM

Dec 2007
I expected that Steiner have a good exceed and better synchro with Excel than Kuro and Keita have; the fight scenes were awesome. I'm glad that Keita had a good reason to help Kuro. I'm more interested in this series, and I am looking forward to more.
Feb 14, 2009 4:57 PM

Oct 2008
Why do Mototsumitama fight each other???

Feb 15, 2009 3:00 AM

Jan 2008
Pretty good episode, though the transformation scenes are still a bit icky :/
Feb 16, 2009 6:36 PM
christmas cake

May 2008
Kira01 said:
Why do Mototsumitama fight each other???

It's because this "adaptation" is fail. In the manga Keita attacks Steiner because he and Excel said they were responsible for Mayu's death (the loli that got hit by the truck). Kuro backs him up so it becomes a fight between the two Mototsumitama (see manga chapter 15). The anime writers are trying to keep the fight in the story even though they removed all the plot that supports it.
Mar 17, 2009 12:03 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode, battles and plot are slowly getting better.
Mar 19, 2009 11:50 AM

Aug 2008
Is it just me or does this series get lamer as it goes? The fights are always really boring and remind you of a cheesy shonen anime.
I had actually really enjoyed the first episode of the series but, is the story after really this boring?
Apr 22, 2009 11:46 PM
Jul 2008
It was fun seeing Kuro wasn't rigged, and now I know that contractees can actually do something besides syncoring with "thousands"
May 14, 2009 7:08 PM
Jan 2009
I'm giving this crap two more episodes. I know I'm way behind, but, I'm prepared to.
Sep 13, 2010 3:29 AM

Feb 2010
Hmmmm.... This series is already looking average at best. This may be a hard one to sit through.
We will never forget those that have fallen for our freedom!
Jun 14, 2011 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
Please people, STOP POSTING SPOILERS! Not all of us have read the manga.

Apr 8, 2012 9:57 PM

Mar 2012
Keita needs to grow a pair and grab a pistol or something. He is really ticking me off.
Nov 28, 2013 2:34 AM

Jan 2008
Fav fight so far why people r having a problem with this series i have no idea if people would stay away from manga until u know there isnt going to be an anime or at least watch an anime without judging it bc it isnt having events by the manga u would enjoy anime much more but most people dont do that n that is ur problem other then that so far this series is okay not a great anime yet but still good none the less.
Jun 25, 2017 12:27 PM
May 2011
man i watched this years ago and gave it a 7, idk what the hell i was thinking back then.

i can't even get through 5 episodes now.

Annoyances:
Losing every episode? Check
Spinning transformation stock footage? Check.
Annoying weak male protagonist? Check

also is it just me or is Keita a tsundere?

I see that the anime is different than the manga but apparently nobody ever finished translating it so i'll never know.
Aug 9, 2023 4:21 AM

Dec 2022
I understand that Keita is just a regular human and can't contribute to the fights, but the loli shouldn't be able to either. Both are just regular human contractees, so why does the loli get an asspull ability to put up a barrier while Keita can do nothing?

On the other hand, he's slightly less hostile to Kuro now, which is a momentous occasion for him.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jun 18, 2009

121 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 21 Discussion

noteDhero - Jun 6, 2009

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.