Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2013 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some face palm moments this episode. Miki needs to talk to boys in a more normal way. Oh Maki:
http://i.imgur.com/pvrzDMw.png

Her imaginations all over the place doesn't surprise me either. Riko and Maki bonding moments were kinda cute. She said it~
Sep 19, 2013 11:12 AM

Dec 2007
I definitely didn't expect that to be the way that it would go about

Really good episode. The art style seemed a bit different in a few moments, but the animation was still very much on points for the most part. A lot of really cute moments in this episode too, like
Sep 20, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
looks like Riko is running out of hairstyle ideas.

so much running here.

Maki owns again :D

Sep 20, 2013 12:24 PM

May 2013
By Maki's face expression at the end, she probably heard that. Good episode.
Sep 20, 2013 1:00 PM
Sep 2013
Great episode as always. The finale should be good!

http://gyazo.com/9c5df60315c6a9bbdcb7d54215f82da8.png Mizushima can have all my money.
Sep 20, 2013 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
Huh Riko still can't tell Maki that she is lying, but blurt it out at the end. Wonder how the finale will turn out.

I just notice that the animation in the second half was pretty good. A bit of a drama instead of a comedy but still a great episode.

Sep 20, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2013
Wow I belive Riko wins the award for biggest snowball lie :p

She still couldn't tell and knowing Maki she still didn't realize.
Sep 20, 2013 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
Hilarious first half.

Nagi finding out Maki's real personality hahaha.

Loved Maki's fantasy about Yan's personality XD
And her face when the teacher was saying u're already at this part. How she rubbed it in Yan's face was so hilarious XD

Yan is too tsun to Maki XD

And it seems like Maki finally knows. It's about time. Well let's see how they'll deal with this nxt ep. Will it be an ep full of drama? Or will it end on a brighter note?
Sep 20, 2013 2:23 PM
Aug 2012
Watching Maki panic when she was in the office with Nagi damn near killed me.
Sep 20, 2013 3:08 PM

Dec 2009
The glorious animation is back!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 20, 2013 3:25 PM
Oct 2012
So many wins this episode, great teases all around all the way up to the end. I can't believe that Maki overhearing Riko is going to be the end of it, because one of the great things about this show is how just when you think they are going to get stale, they pull the run from under you with some new comedy bit, so there is going to be a reversal coming up for the ending. There has to be.

Not going to spec on it because it is fun watching how they develop this show, though I think they have laid a lot of foreshadowing for the big climax coming up.
Sep 20, 2013 3:38 PM

Nov 2012
That chick from the newspaper really looks like a serial killer.
Nice ep, some amazing animation this ep, they looked stunning there.
Lol@ Maki's face after overhearing.

Sep 20, 2013 3:40 PM

Apr 2010
The most reoccurring topic in this anime after relationships is Riko's lie and pointing out that it's something you should not do just be honest from the start.
And if you lie tell it early on your just getting into more trouble when lying.
And that was the point of this episode pretty much the question is was Riko's conversation with Maki enough to convince her or did that last commend ruin it for her.
Sep 20, 2013 4:25 PM

Aug 2012
I don't see Maki making a big deal out of Riko's lie, it hasn't really hurt her in any way and it's one of the reasons they have had fun with the whole Love Lab deal.

The interactions between Maki and Yan remains one of the highlights of this series for me, so many hilarious misunderstandings and a rivalry of sorts.
Sep 20, 2013 5:10 PM

Jul 2013
Maki is hurt. Riko has been lying to her all this time, acting like she's less of a loser than her.
Shit gon go down next episode. FIGHT!!!!
Sep 20, 2013 5:28 PM
Oct 2010
DStev said:
I don't see Maki making a big deal out of Riko's lie, it hasn't really hurt her in any way and it's one of the reasons they have had fun with the whole Love Lab deal.
Not her lie, but probably what Yan said will haunt her (about her assumptions making an imposition on Riko).

But of course, with next episode being the closure and all, it cannot get too dramatic (it HAS to be resolved in one episode).
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Sep 20, 2013 6:07 PM

May 2012
They say the truth will set you free. But at what cost. Finally Maki knows Riko was lying. I wonder how see will act now. If Riko wasn't being such a baby it wouldn't be such a big deal. Oh well, guess we just have to wait in see in the last episode.
Sep 20, 2013 6:08 PM

Jan 2011
oh god it's like the first episode all over again with that crazy animation
Sep 20, 2013 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Atlast Maki learns about Riko's lies, looks like she doesn't give a shit....
Well we'll find out about that in the last episode.
Sep 20, 2013 6:34 PM

May 2013
Ajunky said:
DStev said:
Not her lie, but probably what Yan said will haunt her (about her assumptions making an imposition on Riko).

What will really haunt Maki is "what if Riko was also lying about being my friend? What if she is only in it to get some laughs? etc" Once the big fat lie has been discovered how can you be sure it was the only one? IRL I have meet at least one person that was a compulsive liar.
Sep 20, 2013 7:21 PM
Oct 2012
DStev said:

Yes, because if we have learned one thing about Maki this series it would be her sense of proportion and how grounded she is.

But fret not true believers, far from the truth being exposed I feel that the conspiracy is going to a whole new level. It would be the perfect comedic ending to what has been a great comedic series.
Sep 20, 2013 8:36 PM

Sep 2012
;-; Maki please still be friends with her.
Sep 20, 2013 9:08 PM

Sep 2012
This series doesn't disappoint!
Sep 20, 2013 9:55 PM

Jun 2012
The scenes with the guys are the best xD

Ooh, wow, that ending. .

Sep 20, 2013 10:23 PM

May 2013
WOW great episode 5/5 10/10

boss animation in the second half, love the comedy in the first half

and Riko is so... cute as always....

well we can blame both of them for what is happening Maki for making assumptions and assert it on others and Riko for not denying it and lying
na358999Sep 20, 2013 10:26 PM
Sep 20, 2013 10:57 PM

Nov 2010
MAKI KNOWS. oh shit.
Sep 20, 2013 11:04 PM

Oct 2012
That expression.....
Sep 20, 2013 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
This series is totally not disappointing , though I really thought that it will be a yuri ending in the end . But , NOOOO , a feels ending is just right .
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Sep 21, 2013 2:07 AM

Jul 2012
Ah, shocking truth for Maki.

Great episode!!!
Sep 21, 2013 3:39 AM

Apr 2012
So it looks like Maki finally found out. Maki is forgiving but that is one BIG lie.
Sep 21, 2013 5:21 AM
Aug 2010
wahhh, really love this series! this tension! cant wait for next episode!

btw they greatly increase the quialty in this episode, i can see they use more frame here
that mean love lab really popular in japan?
Sep 21, 2013 5:47 AM

May 2009
Episode was full of godly animation.
Sep 21, 2013 6:02 AM

Dec 2010
Holy hell, this episode had so fluid animation even for the most mundane scenes.
Not to mention the strangely high level of action for a slice of life.
Their expressions at every second are so hilarious.
I can't wait for Maki and Riko to make up and become better friends with each other... duhuhuhu.....

To be honest though, Riko is so much like your average harem protagonist that gets stringed along by the whims of another girl. Even the misunderstandings and her attitude are so similar to a typical male harem MC, she should totally just give in and give us the yuri.
Sep 21, 2013 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
Where did they get this kind of budget?!

Great episode, glad to see Riko's secret finally uncovered.

Maki's going crazy in the room with the-guy-that-Riko-rejected was hilarious. She's worse than Tomoko when dealing with guys.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Sep 21, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
My feels are hurt. Badly hurt.
I feel you Maki! Please understand what Riko did!
Sep 21, 2013 8:16 AM

May 2010
"Help me, Sayo-senpai" XD She hit Jan, haha. I love how Riko and Maki trust each other, and can't hear bad words aimed at either of them by any outsider.

Maki grinning at Jan was so adorable, they are such an otp!

She finally knows... Maki is hurt for sure now, Riko why are you always lying? But I can relate to you in that, expectations can lead things to very wrong side..
Sep 21, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, now Maki knows that Riko is a liar >_<
Sep 21, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2008
Can't get enough of Maki!

Going to re-watch this as soon as it ends. One of the best animes this (summer) season.
Sep 21, 2013 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Busted! lol
Sep 21, 2013 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
Maki's encounters with guys are always hilarious. Although the part where Maki said that Yan knew what to say to hurt her the most was certainly a mood changer. I wonder if Maki's known that Riko was lying all along and just went with it in order to avoid a confrontation. Although knowing her that's very doubtful.
Sep 21, 2013 3:42 PM

Mar 2013
The thing that irritates me most about this series is not that it chose not to be yuri, but that it chose to undermine the well-established connections of female characters in favour of guys with only a few scenes and little purpose/personality in the story beyond liking girls.
Sep 21, 2013 4:07 PM
Oct 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Maki's encounters with guys are always hilarious. Although the part where Maki said that Yan knew what to say to hurt her the most was certainly a mood changer. I wonder if Maki's known that Riko was lying all along and just went with it in order to avoid a confrontation. Although knowing her that's very doubtful.

No, what she meant was that she though that Yan was the type of person who would deliberately lie in order to hurt someone. This is why she then said that she did not have to believe anything he said.

While Yan was not lying about Riko, Maki was entirely correct about his willingness to say things designed to hurt other people. Yan himself realized this, which I think will explain his actions next episode.

straggy said:
The thing that irritates me most about this series is not that it chose not to be yuri, but that it chose to undermine the well-established connections of female characters in favour of guys with only a few scenes and little purpose/personality in the story beyond liking girls.

I am puzzled by this comment. Which connection has been undermined by the introduction of male characters? Riko's problem with Maki has nothing to do with the introduction of the boys, it has to do with the lie that formed the foundation of their friendship. Your statement is just another way of saying that you wanted this show to be Yuri and are disappointed that it wasn't. It's no wonder why you can't appreciate the comedy the introduction of male characters has brought to this show; you just don't like male characters getting in the way of your Yuri fantasies.
Sep 21, 2013 5:40 PM

May 2012
Damn. I'm genuinely excited to see the final episode.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 21, 2013 6:13 PM

Apr 2013
inc-breadstick said:
Great episode as always. The finale should be good!

http://gyazo.com/9c5df60315c6a9bbdcb7d54215f82da8.png Mizushima can have all my money.

Ikr, that was exactly what I was thinking upon watching the PV. The fact that this is ending breaks my heart.

Also props to the animation in this episode.
Sep 21, 2013 8:34 PM

Nov 2012
nice episode..
that ending.. I really want to know if maki know it or not.. it is so confusing :3
Sep 21, 2013 9:57 PM

Feb 2013
Well the end is near... Too bad this is going to end, I think this show is funny and cute as hell.
Riko, I wish you luck on resolving things with Maki.
Sep 21, 2013 10:37 PM

May 2013
The interactions with Yan and Nagi were just hilarious!
Yan is so tsundere, while Nagi really understands girls.

Riko, just tell the damn truth already!
I just hope it won't end badly

Favorite quote from this episode:
*knock knock* "This wall has a nice sound! Oh, I'm really into walls, don't mind me."
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 22, 2013 1:06 AM

Mar 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
straggy said:

I am puzzled by this comment. Which connection has been undermined by the introduction of male characters? Riko's problem with Maki has nothing to do with the introduction of the boys, it has to do with the lie that formed the foundation of their friendship. Your statement is just another way of saying that you wanted this show to be Yuri and are disappointed that it wasn't. It's no wonder why you can't appreciate the comedy the introduction of male characters has brought to this show; you just don't like male characters getting in the way of your Yuri fantasies.

Yuri "fantasies". I feel like half of MAL wasn't even watching the same show. Did you even pay attention? Girls in friendships *don't act like this*. They don't blush when their friend so much as fucking looks at them. The yuri subtext is through the roof (and usually is with 'cute girls doing cute things' anime - it's a subtle form of fanservice) and any form of possible yuri is well developed through the whole anime. The girls have a really strong connection with each other on a level that evidently is not normal friendship.

And, FYI, I never said I didn't find the guys funny. I said they are evidently there to be love interests and nothing more. THE ONLY GUY CHARACTERS THAT AREN'T FAMILY ARE LOVE INTERESTS. THAT'S ALL. They don't have plot lines outside of that role. The girls are the main characters (and have way more screentime - the boys didn't show up for ages and haven't featured much since) so it's natural to feel a connection through characters that, y'know, actually spend time together throughout the show.

The connection is undermined because girls with such a high level of yuri subtext are completely ignored from a romantic viewpoint. Even a consideration of dating a girl would've improved the way this was handled tenfold. Like most anime, it was brushed aside again. Despite unsubtle obvious hints by the CREATORS THEMSELVES!! Because unless it's a "fetish" anime that fits in a neat little niche so homophobes like you can avoid it, it has to be het. Obviously.
Suzune-chanSep 23, 2013 12:03 PM
Sep 22, 2013 3:46 AM

Apr 2011
"I'm a wall nerd. Don't mine me" LOL

Oh Maki...
Sep 22, 2013 4:22 AM

May 2012
01:20 *melts*

05:45 NICE SLAP!

13:09 <3<3<3

14:04 Dakki spotted

14:10 LOOOL

16:05 Awww....
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

151 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:33 AM

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2013

66 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

81 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2013

69 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:31 AM

Poll: » Love Lab Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

99 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.