Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2013 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Hmmm... For me to sum up this series it would be codenamed: friendship building, It was alright I guess.

Gets a 7/10 from me.

EPIC FAIL This wasn't the last episode.

Well as for this episode.
All I have to say is that is some good dodging skills.
removed-userSep 19, 2013 10:34 PM
Sep 19, 2013 10:41 PM

Aug 2013
hybrid100 said:
Also did there budget go to shit. so many still shots and barely animated scenes. Felt like the old school gainax

Still frames are great for montages of things that take place over a long time, like some of the battles here, or the tournaments in Ep3 and 8, that's nothing to do with budget. This episode was even a mix of stills and standard at the same time, I thought it worked really well. Also, still frames are always much higher quality than freeze framing during an animated section, so they make excellent pictures and wallpapers. :D

Like these!
http://i.imgur.com/U8Pd5Y3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9k3v6Mi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rO5ERK6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sgHxiVL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VxTIbYG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4DEhGb4.jpg

Those six are currently all my wallpaper, rotating through.

This is pretty awesome too: http://i.imgur.com/okzC9jy.jpg
Sep 19, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
It was actually somewhat enjoyable with Yura not being so serious that it kills the entire episode. Reminded me of the first few episodes which were "good".

Arguably could of ended the season with this episode but that is of course pending whatever they decided to finish it off with next week.
Sep 19, 2013 10:50 PM

Sep 2013
Good episode! It was a pretty light but satisfying ending with Sono-chan being a bad-ass against Yura-chan. I know there's one more episode, but let's just assume the next episode is going to be a filler episode :P
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Sep 19, 2013 11:22 PM

Jan 2013
Shit this wasn't the last episode.
I thought it was.

Some weird animation and sound effects. Not the mood I was expecting
Sep 19, 2013 11:27 PM

May 2013
Good episode. One more left.
Sep 20, 2013 1:11 AM

Jun 2008
Wait...that wasn't the last episode? That sucks, now the last episode is probably going to be some crappy no-resolution episode. They should have just let this be the finale, it really worked well as one.
Sep 20, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
i knew they never would, but it would have been nice to have a downer ending.
they built up with it so well then they just go for the rainbows and sunshine sorta ending.
im mildly disappointed. From what ive seen, this show really hasn't been selling, there wouldn't have been any harm in going full Spec ops: the line with the ending. hell, it might have got some more people to buy it.

and yes. i do know there is one more episode.
Sep 20, 2013 5:48 AM

Jan 2013
Holy shit, fuck Yura. Rento is the best!
The show would've been better with her as main character.
Sep 20, 2013 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
The ending made it seem like the last episode but that wasn't the case which is a bit confusing.
Guess we should see the last episode like a OVA or something like that.

This episode somewhat seemed a bit to peaceful after what happened in the previous episodes, there wasn't even a single commend about Yura being away for a while.
Guess that's how their club is.
That school turning military scene was vague but it somehow fitted the anime.
Sep 20, 2013 8:21 AM

Jun 2010
Here comes the SUPERNATURAL tag. I LOVE IT.

Sep 20, 2013 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Haha, love that Yura Reality Marble/Airsoft Instrumentality Project.
Sep 20, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2009
I thought this is the last episode :P
Sep 20, 2013 1:39 PM

Jun 2013
the fuck was with all those weird movements and faces?! the queen of sadists? the fuck!?
Sep 20, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
lol. The animation was odd for this, liked seeing her powers in action again however. Also two new club members? Hmm.
Sep 20, 2013 2:49 PM

Mar 2012
What is up with Yura's powers? Like seriously what the hell. If it was just like a visual thing then what the hell were they shooting at? Trees and misc. students? Anywhoo awesome episode I really like this anime. Sad it will be ending next week ; - ;
Sep 20, 2013 3:41 PM

Sep 2010
REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL REN-CHAN BEST GIRL

the goofy theme of the ep was really fitting, Karila being unfaithful "PLEASE COME BAAAACK" was hilarious
Sep 20, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode.

However, I have no clue what the deal is with Yura's supernatural powers anymore. Before I thought it was meant to symbolize her innonence with the game and how much fun it was, but now... I have no clue. Perhaps this was just fantasy by the girls? Seems too silly.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 20, 2013 5:48 PM

Sep 2010
Totally felt like the last episode, and probably should have been.
Sep 20, 2013 5:58 PM

Aug 2012
RediceRyan said:
Shit this wasn't the last episode.
I thought it was.
Sep 20, 2013 6:01 PM

Aug 2013
Has no one here heard of a bonus episode? Aren't those pretty much par for the course?
Sep 20, 2013 8:12 PM

May 2013
Lol, Karila has been cheating on her gun.

So first up is Sonora vs Yura.
Then, Sonora and Karila vs Yura and Rento.
And then, Sonora and Karila vs Yura and Rento vs Honoka and Yachiyo.
And finally, C3 Club vs the other 1800 students of their school.

Damn, I missed Yura's imagination.
Yura invites two other people. I hope they join in a maybe second season.

It felt like a final episode, but I guess there's a bonus episode.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 20, 2013 10:51 PM

Sep 2009
Am I the only one enjoying whole series? I really don't understand all the people whining.
Sep 20, 2013 11:06 PM

Oct 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Am I the only one enjoying whole series? I really don't understand all the people whining.

You are not the only one.

And Yura redeemed herself but I still hate her hair... Rento is still my favorite.
MaurokiSep 20, 2013 11:13 PM
Sep 21, 2013 7:22 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, what a nonexistent animation. Wow, what a nonsense battles. Wow, what a useless supernatural addition. Wow, what a lack of consequences to anything that happened.

The only thing worth anything in this episode were funny faces.

Edit: Sorry, I went too far. There was plenty of Rento being cute after all, so this episode is actually above average for this show. Which is still pretty bad.
ProgeuszSep 21, 2013 7:27 AM
Sep 21, 2013 7:30 AM

Apr 2013
Next week is a bonus ep so? Because it seems like an end to me.
5/10 for me. I liked it at first, but the second half was bad and it's not with the last ep that it can save the anime, at least, for me.
Sep 21, 2013 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
eminagnam said:
Disappointed. Sonora, at first, said it was a one-on-one duel. Nonetheless during the duel, Yura asked Rento for backing her up. Didn't Yura lose against Sonora when Yura ran out of bullets? Besides other members joined it to disrupt. The intense duel turned out mess. It ruined the serious atmosphere. Also a certain scene was confusing. I wonder if it was her personal delusion or a shared hallucination. Seemed like the creator wanted the duel to be a happy ending anyhow. That execution felt forced and unconvincing. A happy ending itself is not bad (though it's disappointing in light of the story development so far), but execution is the problem here.

Overall the character settings of Rin and Sonora felt forced throughout the entire seires. I feel sorry for Yura. It felt like she was fooled by them. I can't help but think she is a victim of Rin and Sonora in a way. She was rather innocent at first, but then Sonora coaxed her to play serious, and Rin also agitated her. Yura followed their advice, but they criticized her as if it was her fault. Maybe the creator had some deep thought behind the execution, but I think it's meaningless if it is not conveyed to the audience.

It felt like a finale, but I saw a PV of next episode at the end. Hopefully it will not be disappointing.

Exactly how I felt she wanted to get better and she did.....but it seemed to me that somehow Yura got so good I felt they got jealous of her steady rise of skill. I know that's not what happened in the anime but its the only way I can explain their weird reaction towards her. I wish she stayed like that for a while with the motivation to get better but in the end they chose the typical your not having fun so it doesn't matter how good you are a jerk for trying to get good wtf??

In real life people would chose someone who's going to help them win especially in tourneys as the anime showed they took part of often , not someone who plays for the hell of playing. Winning is fun but idk it felt like the creators didn't know what to do after Yura got good so idk
Sep 21, 2013 12:29 PM

Nov 2009
I preferred it when Yura was more of a loner to be honest.

If the duel had concluded and Yura had won, that would have been great. Even if it was the other way round, then I would understand her joining the C3 again as there was someone in it better than she was.

I was disappointed that the duel was essentially scrapped though. I was at least hoping that it would come back down to Sonora and Yura again by the end. Alas it was not to be.

Most disappointing episode in weeks unfortunately and I loved this show.
Sep 21, 2013 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
That was a fun episode I guess, wish Yura stayed evil though. Seems like a missed opportunity for a unique ending though even though theres one more episode.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Sep 21, 2013 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
That was definitely a disappointing episode for me, especially since the previous episodes had built up a dark atmosphere. I really enjoyed Yura becoming more independent and headstrong.

I'm still hoping for something spectacular or at least out of the norm to occur during the last episode, since it is directed by the same person in charge of the mindf*ck that was Episode 4.

Even though it seems like the last episode might simply be a filler episode, it can still be heartwarming if it tells the after-story of Sonora leaving for America and how much all the members miss her.

P.S. I'm still not counting out the slim possibility that Yura's godly powers will be put to extreme use. (Reviving Sonora and Rin's old master anyone?) It's clear that she has powers far surpassing that of even Haruhi Suzumiya.
Sep 21, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2013
I had forgotten how nerve wracking the whole reality change thing was I'm glad to see Yura back to her second form (let's face it first Yura was kind of lame :p) this ep really did feel like a last episode.

Does anyone else miss the awesome battle music from awhile back, you know the jazz music?
Sep 21, 2013 2:09 PM

Jan 2013
Felt like too much of a last episode in my opinion. Probably gonna end up giving this show a 6.
Not the best, not the worst, but a cool concept nonetheless
We'll just have to see next week.
Sep 21, 2013 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
To everyone complaining about the one on one battle not being finished:

First, you all sound like Yura was for the last few episodes, taking everything way too seriously, it was meant to be fun, not really a competition. It was fun and funny and exactly how a bunch of friends would act together.

Second, Sonora won, it just wasn't called. Yura and Sonora both ran out of ammo for their primary weapons as the same time, but Sonora had her Desert Eagles, while Yura hadn't bothered to grab her Glock 17 before coming to the game, thus Sonora won by default.

This series is tied with K-On! as the best series of all time!
Sep 21, 2013 8:35 PM

Nov 2012
awesome episode :3
they playing airsoft gun all day XD
and that imagination world ! XD
and that ending.. I wonder if they got a new member :3
Sep 22, 2013 4:57 AM

Mar 2013
This episode alone should have been what the series was all about from the start, with the wacky games, the humor and the characters just having fun with airsoft. The series didn't need the drama present in the previous episodes.
Sep 22, 2013 5:02 AM

Jul 2011
Noowt said:
This episode alone should have been what the series was all about from the start, with the wacky games, the humor and the characters just having fun with airsoft. The series didn't need the drama present in the previous episodes.

Another series with cute girls doing cute things? NO thanks!
Sep 22, 2013 2:22 PM

Aug 2013
Noowt said:

I would've been extremely happy either way :)
Sep 22, 2013 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
This was what I was waiting for.
Sep 23, 2013 2:13 PM

Dec 2012
Kami_no_Kage said:
Lol, what did I just watch? Looney Toons with girls and guns?
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS.
the animation and sound effects were completely weird and off. they were so cartoon-y. and the music didn't really fit the scenes. i couldn't enjoy that episode at all, especially not after those rather dark episodes. what the hell was going on and who thought it would be a good idea /shaking head

well, that definitely felt like the finale. i was just about to write my opinion about that whole show and rate it until i realized there's one episode left. i wonder what they want to do with another episode...
Sep 23, 2013 9:12 PM

Aug 2013
Have a Rento poster: http://i.imgur.com/QmsbeCC.png
Sep 24, 2013 12:13 AM

Mar 2009
kuuurt said:

MUH GOGGLES http://i.picpar.com/INv.jpg

Now kiss.
Sep 24, 2013 6:25 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That sure felt like a finale to me. Nice to see Yura having fun again. The next one is a bonus I suppose. Unless they have a rematch with Rin and her lot I suppose.

I enjoyed the first couple of episodes a lot, but then things got a bit boring. I cannot really put my finger on why but I kinda lost interest at some point.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 24, 2013 8:11 AM

May 2012
Loved it~

It was a horrendous road getting here, and I was so close to dropping this (actually I did drop it for a bit) so many times, but it was worth it~
This episode made everything worth it~
Sep 24, 2013 10:45 PM

Aug 2013
Mormegil said:
kuuurt said:

MUH GOGGLES http://i.picpar.com/INv.jpg

Now kiss.

I had mine powered to max and that's probably why I never got myself to drop this series.
xcheeOct 9, 2013 6:43 AM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 26, 2013 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
looked and felt like they ran out of budget when the animation look kinda cutesy lol

well, at least the fun factor is back

Sono's dodging was great

love Rento :D

and i totally expected a Yura and Sono kiss there.

totally felt like a last episode
Oct 17, 2013 12:34 PM

May 2012
Ah the original atmosphere is back! Really nice episode, and well lets see what the last episode has to offer!
Oct 29, 2013 1:03 PM

Oct 2012
Felt like an ending to me. Delusions of fun, friendship and mutual bond.

And that Sonora sentence: "I will wait for you, Yura."
And so it was her journey to America which symolises "change" and to "move on in her life", "overcoming her past problems"
There was much deeper meaning in it... sure someday, there comes a time when even Yura will be ready.

Man, this show really is more than you see on the first look.
Nov 11, 2013 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
Dat dodging skill level : Matrix

See? Yura could change the battlefield
They really need to add supernatural as genre xD
Or Yura could change the field like a certain card game??

Lol @ preview
Yura = queen of battlefield
Yachiyo = queen of cosplay
Rento = mangosteen?
Karila = queen of fighter
Honoka = queen of boobs, queen of boobs
Sonora = queen of sadist xD

So, what will be in the next ep? New members?

Blackbird said:
Imagination Breaker!!!

*Imagine Breaker
I'll destroy that screwed up illusion of yours! xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 11, 2013 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
Wow ... some next-level dodging there LOL O_O I like how they all ended up joining back in ... Karila and Sonora make a freaking epic team eh XD They just keep going until the very end ... hmm, so did everyone see Yura's epic transformation thing? I wonder ...
Just goes to show how much she's changed - going up to those two girls at the end and inviting them to join the C3 club ... she certainly wouldn't have done that at the beginning of the series! :O
I wonder how this is going to end ... the preview didn't seem to give much away XD
Dec 14, 2013 6:49 PM

Jun 2008
hiabara said:
Kami_no_Kage said:
Lol, what did I just watch? Looney Toons with girls and guns?
EXACTLY MY THOUGHTS.
the animation and sound effects were completely weird and off. they were so cartoon-y. and the music didn't really fit the scenes. i couldn't enjoy that episode at all, especially not after those rather dark episodes. what the hell was going on and who thought it would be a good idea /shaking head

I have to agree here.

ainky said:
Noowt said:

Another series with cute girls doing cute things? NO thanks!

But the way it went in this episode it seems that all the dark shit was really for nothing and pointless as fuck. I was quite liking seeing Yura's development and issues but this episode felt like cancelling everything, so in the end it seems it really would have been better if it was just girls doing cute things instead of pointless drama.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

137 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Amarrez - Jul 18, 2013

129 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 11, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

179 by toralbabs »»
Feb 7, 7:44 PM

» Anyone else think the OP is really catchy?

Riptos - Aug 5, 2013

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Apr 6, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.