Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 2, 2013 9:04 AM

Jan 2010
puzzlemaster said:
Hey my MALgraph doesnt update, it was last updated 7 days ago but i have watched my queue go down to 0 two times once today i once yesterday but it just starts over at queue 9000+ why is that happening?

Same here too. I wonder why?
Ah...hope Xinil work done faster. 0w0

Nov 3, 2013 3:55 AM

Mar 2013
AoiMizu said:
puzzlemaster said:
Hey my MALgraph doesnt update, it was last updated 7 days ago but i have watched my queue go down to 0 two times once today i once yesterday but it just starts over at queue 9000+ why is that happening?

Same here too. I wonder why?
Ah...hope Xinil work done faster. 0w0

Actually, I wanted to ask exactly about this. My MALgraph has gone down to 100 and now it's back to 8000 and hasn't been updated for 8 days. Not that I'm in a hurry to see it updated. I was just curious about how the MALgraph updates and the queue line work so that I can understand why it does this.
Nov 3, 2013 5:05 AM

Jul 2009
I already explained that in detail on the previous page. Actually, every other post here is a question that has been answered a few posts earlier, so here's a handy guide for future travelers:

This whole queue stuff sucks, bring the old one back!
No, that's a really bad idea. The old system crashed the server, because it tried to serve everyone at the same time. Processing thousands of users daily isn't possible unless you have a very powerful machine, or put things in queue and deal with them one at a time.
More: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=664847&show=0#msg25521223

Do I have to keep my computer on to get my stats?
No. I don't even know where did this idea come from. Everything is computed on our server, you're only reading the results of MALgraph's calculation. Your computer has nothing to do with server-side operations.
More: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=664847&show=0#msg25878889

How does the queue work?
When you enter your name, and it isn't in the queue already, you're put at the end of it. The queue moves at its own speed and processes the user who is currently at the front. You know, like a queue in a supermarket. After it does its work without errors, you're removed from the queue (leave supermarket).
More: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=664847&show=0#msg25878889

Why am I being put at the queue's end again and again, while my stats don't update?
When this happens, that's a sign that your data was not correctly downloaded and the engine detected the anomaly, so it enqueued you again. Normally this shouldn't ever happen, but recent problems with MAL cause this problem to occur every time. We contacted people who can help us over two weeks ago, and all we can do is wait for a response. Other apps that use MAL API (e.g. Taiga) have the same problem, and Taiga's developer hasn't received a response either.
More: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=664847&show=0#msg26119387

My stats haven't updated for ages! Why?
Read the section above. We can't get data from MAL, so the cached version is kept, and you still have access to your old stats.

My profile shows incomplete data! It shows 100 anime completed while I watched over 500!
This means that MAL cut off the connection while MALgraph was downloading data. It managed to download a part of your list, and doesn't even know that there should be more. If this happens, post in the club's shoutbox, and I'll try to fix it.

---

I don't like blaming others, but I also don't like what's happening to this website. It's very unreliable and you have to work around its stupid limitations (private lists not being private, so we have to make additional checks), or even omitted data (no way to get rewatch count). Xinil told developers to send him a message with API identifier for whitelisting, and nothing's changed since then.

If you've been wondering whether to make a MAL app, save yourself the drag and try somewhere else. Try a site that's more active and developer-friendly. I thought something would happen after they created an official club for API suggestions, but guess how many of the suggested things were added? Hint: the number is an oval.
friNov 3, 2013 8:58 AM
Dec 21, 2013 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
After reading this I know why my profile has not been updated since "ages".
Seems like we all have too wait.
Jan 17, 2014 11:52 AM
May 2011
I Kind of have an Idea, but that might not be possible. I'll say it anyway.

Sometimes i check my malgraph even if i haven't updated my list at all, just to check old stats. I think a lot of other people do this too, but when they do, we still get added to the queue and slow down the ones that need a fast update. Is it possible to add a "Request Update" button that puts you in the queue instead of doing it automatically? If it's theorically possible i think it could be a nice way to slim the queue.
Rating things is overrated.
Mar 23, 2014 7:49 AM

Aug 2011
-Crys said:
I Kind of have an Idea, but that might not be possible. I'll say it anyway.

Sometimes i check my malgraph even if i haven't updated my list at all, just to check old stats. I think a lot of other people do this too, but when they do, we still get added to the queue and slow down the ones that need a fast update. Is it possible to add a "Request Update" button that puts you in the queue instead of doing it automatically? If it's theorically possible i think it could be a nice way to slim the queue.

that would make a lot of sense
i dont think people are so desperate that they need to see the change after just one week
i hadnt visited this in over 130 days and really wanna check the difference, but im still around 2800 in queue after a good few hours of waiting...
Apr 2, 2014 7:46 PM
Jan 2008
I think the "request update" button is a good idea, but only if you haven't moved that far in the queue for a long time. Mine's been going slower than usual (I'm at 1.3 days ago, #3724 as of this post) but I don't mind, even though I'm kinda addicted to seeing every little change in my graphs/stats (heh).

Hmm...if your position hasn't changed in a long time (within a few days) or if it's been a ridiculously long time (like a three months or even longer) the option would become available. It depends on the server load if it would actually work though. A high server load/lots of people queued up would be the cause for such problems in the first place, so a bunch of people hammering on the button might cause a catastrophe.

I've put in random people into MALgraph and seen "last updated" stats of over a YEAR. It might just be because they stopped updating their anime list, but that's definitely the situation in which I'd want such a feature so I wouldn't have to pester the admins about it.
Apr 12, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
ZodiacBeast said:
I've put in random people into MALgraph and seen "last updated" stats of over a YEAR. It might just be because they stopped updating their anime list, but that's definitely the situation in which I'd want such a feature so I wouldn't have to pester the admins about it.

You will only get added to the queue again if you try to view your MALgraph again. So the people who have not been updated in over 10 months, obviously haven't visited their MALgraph in that time.
You visiting their MALgraph will add them to the back of the queue.
Apr 14, 2014 6:54 AM

Jun 2011
Does MALgraph still update the same way today?
I was at about 3500 before going to bed and turning my computer off. When I came back after about 13 hours I was at 3100. Now if I refresh every couple of minutes, the number steadily decreases by about 8 per minute.
This doesn't really work with the prior explanation of the update queue.
Apr 14, 2014 8:09 PM
Jun 2013
Dorry said:
I was at about 3500 before going to bed and turning my computer off. When I came back after about 13 hours I was at 3100. Now if I refresh every couple of minutes, the number steadily decreases by about 8 per minute.

I noticed my list doesn't update either. I get to the front of the queue, and then I'm right back at the end again with no update. Probably left over problems from the technical difficulties the other day. Not a big deal right now since my last update isn't even a week old.
Apr 16, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Dorry said:

As PixelPenguin said, It hasn't been updating correctly for the last few days, I believe it is related to them changing servers and doing maintenance 5 days ago.
May 24, 2014 12:31 PM

Jan 2012
It's been a month since my MALgraph stats updated, but after seeing how many users there are now... I understand the situation heaps better (haha)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Current Issue

SofiaBulga - Feb 21, 2020

1 by hacker09 »»
Jun 17, 2020 12:11 PM

» Achievement list? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bluedragon777 - Apr 9, 2013

391 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
Apr 13, 2017 1:39 PM

» Important announcement, please read! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fri - Apr 14, 2015

402 by Tulicloure »»
Aug 7, 2016 7:15 PM

» Bug reports ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fri - Mar 7, 2012

928 by Dragonflyk »»
May 12, 2015 7:37 AM

» Some charts

_North - Apr 14, 2015

0 by _North »»
Apr 14, 2015 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.