Forum Settings
Forums

Action Game 'Bayonetta' to Get Anime Movie Adaptation Due Nov 2013

New
Sep 18, 2013 10:29 PM

Sep 2012
Via a new official website, it was revealed that the action game "Bayonetta" will be adapted into an anime movie. The movie, named "Bayonetta: Bloody Fate", lasts 89 minutes and will premiere on November 23rd. It is made by Gonzo and directed by Kizaki Fuminori. The game is a single-player, third-person 3D action game that centers around the titular character Bayonetta who uses pistols and magic to eliminate enemies and monsters. It was released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Japan in October 2009 and overseas in January 2010.

Staff:
Studio: Gonzo
Director: Kizaki Fuminori
Screenplay: Hirota Mitsutaka
Character Design: Yokoyama Ai
Original Character Concept: Shimazaki Mari
Angel Design: Iijima Hiroya
Mecha/Demon Beast Design: Akai Katanao
Mecha/Gun Design: Watabe Takashi

Cast:
Bayonetta: Tanaka Atsuko
Jeanne: Sonozaki Mie
Luka: Namikawa Daisuke
Cereza: Sawashiro Miyuki
Rodin: Genda Tessyo
Enzo: Takagi Wataru
Balder: Wakamoto Norio

Official anime website: http://www.bayonetta-movie.com/

PV for the movie (YouTube)

Official game website:
http://www.sega.com/platinumgames/bayonetta/ (English)
http://bayonetta.jp/ (Japanese)

Source: Bayonetta anime website

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate on MAL
NaruleachOct 6, 2013 2:29 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 18, 2013 10:31 PM
Feb 2008
Well that's interesting. Game was solid with some stellar music but the storyline was absolute nonsense even for a character action game. Hopefully it does it's own thing or modifies the story to be worth watching in non-interactive form

Hopefully they get the game's VA for the dub as well
Sep 18, 2013 10:32 PM

May 2011
Wow, seriously!? Gonzo still kicking after their disappointing run? Might watch it.
Sep 18, 2013 10:33 PM

Apr 2013
Awesome.

I hope someone does one for Strider Hiryu or at least Okami

Sep 18, 2013 10:35 PM

Sep 2012
I think the casting of those veteran seiyuu like Tanaka and Sonozaki really bode well for the movie. And animation shown in the PV looks good (if not terrific).

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 18, 2013 10:42 PM
Oct 2010
I don't even know how to gauge this honestly.

1. It's Gonzo
2. It's bayonetta.

Gonzo obviously has their issues, I don't really need to focus on those. But bayonetta has a really non existent/ really bad story in the first place. Unless they do really well with the fight scenes and nail the characters this is going to be bad.

Still going to watch it anyway.
Sep 18, 2013 10:44 PM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
The action game "Bayonetta" will be adapted into an anime movie.
Hey, this could be pretty cool.

Nevermind.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Sep 18, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
Negative-Travis said:
symbv said:

Nevermind.
LOL, I kind of had the same reaction.
Sep 18, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
Never played the game, but it has action and a hot hick so I'm down. Having all those all star seiyuu in the cast doesn't hurt either.
[center]
Sep 18, 2013 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
this could have been awesome but... why did it had to be Gonzo?
Sep 18, 2013 10:54 PM

Jan 2009
i will still watch it despite gonzo doing it
Sep 18, 2013 10:55 PM

May 2008
Just saw this from a friend

Hoping it's good because of Gonzo but I'm worried cause of how shit DMC was.

Sep 18, 2013 11:04 PM

Jan 2011
well after watching the pv, gotta say looks damn good, the music sounds different from the game though
Sep 18, 2013 11:14 PM
Sep 2007
First real badass female protagonist since Hamyuts Meseta.

Seiyuu cast also seems promising.
Sep 18, 2013 11:17 PM

Sep 2012
Movie poster

http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/809744546.jpg

Sep 18, 2013 11:25 PM
Feb 2012
Bayonetta getting an anime adaption? Oh hell ye- *sees Gonzo's name* if you'll excuse me, I'll go cry for a bit.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 18, 2013 11:26 PM

Mar 2011
Lol, I'm really looking forward to this despite the fact that Gonzo is doing it.
Sep 18, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2009
Bayonettaaa~ The trailer looks really good. Definitely plan-to-watch this.

Sep 18, 2013 11:41 PM

Nov 2011
VioLink said:
Never played the game, but it has action and a hot hick so I'm down. Having all those all star seiyuu in the cast doesn't hurt either.

Great minds think alike.
Sep 18, 2013 11:49 PM

Mar 2012
The game has got really good scores on video game websites
Sep 18, 2013 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
SilentTruth said:
Wow, seriously!? Gonzo still kicking after their disappointing run? Might watch it.
I wonder what you meant by the "disappointing run". The current Gonzo is a different Gonzo since 2009 when it was absorbed by its parent company GDH and then GDH changed its name to Gonzo. To be honest, Gonzo has not produced any anime as primary studio since then until this year, which is why you have not heard about it but it has been working as subcontractor studio all these years.

Sep 18, 2013 11:57 PM

Apr 2012
I haven't played the game, but GONZO's reputation for adaptations makes me feel rather skeptical about this.
Oh well. An extra anime movie won't hurt me. Hopefully.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Sep 19, 2013 12:10 AM

Nov 2011
sexyyyy
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Sep 19, 2013 12:11 AM

Jun 2010
omg dis show has boobz in it u r all going to hell cos boobs are a sin u cant look at boobs or u go to hel . wtf guis u r all sick pervs and sholdnt poisin your minds with dis kind of smut . u r all sik wtf
Sep 19, 2013 1:46 AM

Aug 2012
icantfeelmyarms said:
omg dis show has boobz in it u r all going to hell cos boobs are a sin u cant look at boobs or u go to hel . wtf guis u r all sick pervs and sholdnt poisin your minds with dis kind of smut . u r all sik wtf

Freddie pls.

And the film is gonna be filled with action and fanservice, so i can't wait!
Sep 19, 2013 1:49 AM

May 2008
This should be interesting.
The Preview was great.
Sep 19, 2013 2:18 AM

Jan 2011
The game is good so at the very least this should be interesting to see animated.
Sep 19, 2013 3:01 AM

Jul 2008
It'll probably be as good as the Devil May Cry anime...OHOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO!
Sep 19, 2013 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
Gonzo makes good anime when the source material is laughably stupid or parody.

This could be good.
Sep 19, 2013 3:31 AM

Aug 2008
I didn't hear much good about the game but I'm more surprised Gonzo is trying to do it. Most their works lately are on '3 minute flash short' level... And really, really bad at that.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 19, 2013 3:41 AM

Jun 2011
OMG the character design.. -.-!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 19, 2013 4:01 AM

Oct 2012
Pass. Even though it's Gonzo, I'm gonna pass.
Sep 19, 2013 4:13 AM
Aug 2013
I will watch this since I haven't played the game even Gonco is kinda crap.
Sep 19, 2013 4:23 AM

Feb 2012
I wish Bayonetta 2 would go mulitplatorm but NOOOO Wii U Exclusive >.>. Guess i just watch the movie and get a Wii U whenever Zelda comes out.Even if it's freaking Gonzo(bleh), i cant miss seeing my sexy girl whoop as on the big screen.
Sep 19, 2013 4:50 AM

Oct 2008
Negative-Travis said:
symbv said:

Nevermind.
CORRECT.
Sep 19, 2013 4:53 AM

Apr 2008
So much Gonzo hate before the thing is even out. It's so amusing.
Sep 19, 2013 5:26 AM

Jul 2013
I loved the game and as soon as I saw the trailer, I got hyped. I don't care about the animation team behind it -- more Bayonetta is an awesome thing.
Sep 19, 2013 5:53 AM

May 2011
It looks good at first glance, the art style seems well done but honestly not expecting much out of it.
Sep 19, 2013 6:56 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Darklight0303 said:

Welcome to the online anime fandom...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 19, 2013 7:11 AM

Sep 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Fact is people only remember the old Gonzo. Ask them what they think of the current (post-2009) Gonzo and they would have little to say.

Sep 19, 2013 7:59 AM

Feb 2008
They need to be on some wacky tobacky stuff to make this work.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 19, 2013 8:02 AM

Aug 2011
I'll probably give it a try. Weird that they only announced it two months before release. I expect it to suck, but that's because I haven't seen a good video game adaptation yet, be it anime or live-action. Regardless, when it does happen, I'm not gonna miss it.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Sep 19, 2013 8:08 AM

Apr 2011
Nice.

Gonzo maybe no a great choice to who knows, maybe they can improve.

I'll just wait and see.
Sep 19, 2013 8:08 AM

Jul 2013
This game triumphs in action sequences IMO.
I mean I did skip all the cutscenes while playing it, therefore I hope Gonzo puts their effort it's guns blazing sequences.
Sep 19, 2013 9:05 AM
Oct 2010
symbv said:
Darklight0303 said:
Fact is people only remember the old Gonzo. Ask them what they think of the current (post-2009) Gonzo and they would have little to say.

Last thing I remember from Gonzo was that short "Ryo" and that was pretty mediocre.
Sep 19, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
skudoops said:
Last thing I remember from Gonzo was that short "Ryo" and that was pretty mediocre.
Well, for me there is InuHasami this season and I cannot say I would vouch for it. Okay laughs here and there but animation-wise, character design-wise and even directing seems to exude a strong 00s feel. Don't know how faithful it adapts the LN so cannot comment on how Gonzo's adaptation goes these days.

Sep 19, 2013 10:16 AM

May 2012
The game was alright. Looking at it from anime point of view. It might be good. Has that Devil may cry feel to it, but I guess we won't know until its out. Can't wait.
Sep 19, 2013 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
First BlazBlue, and now this? My life is complete.
Sep 19, 2013 10:52 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
I think the casting of those veteran seiyuu like Tanaka and Sonozaki really bode well for the movie. And animation shown in the PV looks good (if not terrific).
well its gonzo, they cant balance their budget worth shit and put so much of their budget into only about 10 of the 80 minutes this film will probably have, i really wont be surprised if theres a good 15 minutes of still images

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 19, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
symbv said:
well its gonzo, they cant balance their budget worth shit and put so much of their budget into only about 10 of the 80 minutes this film will probably have, i really wont be surprised if theres a good 15 minutes of still images
But you are talking about the Gonzo before its reorganization. How much about the new Gonzo do you know? What makes you feel that it will be the same as the old Gonzo before its restructuring?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.