Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2013 8:00 AM

Dec 2010
so far developments seem satisfactory upto chapter 197 , here are some points which could be explained from the recent developments , some of them are obvious but still needed to clarify logically.

about the twist of titus's death to stop mogamett and medium :
titus was the clone (or proxy? ) of a magi ...besides he was damn fine magician himself , so his quantity of magoi should be more than enough to be established as source of white rukh among dark rukh sea ... i remember there were other peoples white rukh also , but titus himself was the main source which is big enough logically ...
and it was presented such a way that kept the impact of surprise alive ... when he died we felt he was wrong guy in wrong place to stop moga but in the end he was th only person with enough white rukh to make moga hesitate for the time being ...so he was the right person and definitely was at the right place to die .

secondary purpose of the arrival of 7 sea alliance :
the arrival of 7 sea alliance also has a secondary purpose which is revealed in this chapter (ch197) , moga said if it was not for aladin , all super powers of the world would never agree to join hands forgetting their difference, this could play important role in political sector in the aftermath of war.

judals neutrality :
as for judals neutrality , i think he is still after the solomons wishdom but his late entry could be justified as he was neither powerful enough to go against alliance nor he had enough backup , he stood for a strategical point of view ... besides it seemed he was waiting for a specific timing for aladin to go S.W to make his appearance

avoiding the overuse of solomons wishdom :
also the most important fact for me was that Solomons wishdom was not misused as i thought it would be back in chapter 196...he just used it to have a final talk with moga , which gave aladin a new goal as magi...titus's white rukh and moga's weak dark rukh were the crucial part here along with 13 extreme magics...even if aladins S.W was to be used before the war even started , the crisis could not have been avoided as mogamett had to see the damage he had done to both goi and magicians to be truly sorry and atone and ultimately giving him proper reason to hesitate as a weak medium core. and am glad use of solomons wishdom has not been the troubleshooting type this time.

al-shermens agenda and alma toran mysteries :
now that kou prince is hell bent to know the alma toran origin and other histories aladin and yunan has to provide more informations gradually. already we have seen some faces of alma toran council...
also al-shermen failed in the magno experiment which gives them reasons to continue more sinister plans , but arrival of new villains/antagonists is necessary now... the next setting has to be more grand which will be difficult at this point as it seems all the aces are used ... dark continent might be the next arc...also dont forget solomons wishdom was the target of al shermen back in zagan arc. and there might be more crucial developments regarding the djinn which might seem inconsistent for the time being ,

about titus's sudden revival: (updated after ch 199):
there could be several reasons behind titus fast revival
1.if he started from infant level it would have taken too much time
2.al-shermen previously kidnapped an infant to raise as their magi (judal)
2.Reim empire without the immediate knowledge of sher would fall as she was the foundation of reim for 200 years
3.sher had her clone ready so that reim never is magiless
4.titus was only a rukh harvested later to be used as sher's magi vessel which temporarily left the body to stop mogamett.

sinbad's scheme about magnostadt warfare : (updated after chapter 199)
as hakuei said in chapter 198, sin calculated the event of magno much earlier... he began his plotting even before aladin's arrival in magno
http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyri...D/c153/14.html
firstly, he knew aladin, if he goes there will find out the problems and abnormalities regarding magno . so he influenced sher with letters to do the same (ch 153) ... and as sin knew sher was more than 200 years older and if he can somehow take sher to his side , when sherry is gone he can have huge influence over reim too...and look at the situation now...kou,reim,magno did most of the war and magno goes to sin now...more over a confederation is also established ... the most important fact about sin estimating the event , seemed to me his arrival with the allience ...magno war lasted maybe 2-3 days maximum but sin arrived with the allience at specifically when every one was exhausted
initially i thought he and his generals will arrive for rescue but bringing the alliance is whole another thing ... you cant just gather each leader in 2 days... you need months to prepare...sin could never pull it off unless he calculated correctly when to enter and what to bargain with ...at the end of the magno is under sin , i believe at this point controlling magno is more valuable than balbadd or any other province (which is under kou) from strategic, political power point of view...

i also believe many questions are unanswered upto this point,so this post maybe up-gradable with further revelation.
overall do you find any more loose ends ? can you explain it ? or are they not logically sound and believable ? feel free to point out relevant confusions , questions , and also your dislikes and weak points regarding magnoshtadt arc .
headless_nickSep 29, 2013 9:34 PM
Sep 18, 2013 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
What interests me as much as Alma Toran is the mystery of Hakuryuu's family. While it was revealed that his mother was behind his father and brothers' death, we were always spammed by flashbacks of her being such a loving mother whenever she acted cruel towards Hakuryuu. Add to that Alibaba's reaction to Hakuryuu's story and his intent to stop him because he'll end up regretting it (or something along those lines), it all indicate there's a side to the story that we don't know about.

I have this crazy theory (it's pretty crazy, so take it with a grain of salt): maybe Hakuryuu's father and brothers aren't dead/were resurrected after all, and maybe will be revealed later on as members of Al-Thamen. The faces of the other memebers are veiled, and what caught my attention was that during the flashbacks we were never shown once what Hakuryuu's father looked like, which could be that his identity is saved for later. Also, why give Hakuryuu brothers with such little panel time when his father's murder was enough to make him hate his mother? Maybe, just maybe, just like Gyokuen was revealed as one of Solomon's magi Hakuryuu's father will be revealed that he's the father character?

Now the question that relates to this theory, why would Gyokuen fake the death of her sons and husband and act cruel towards Hakuryuu? the reason could be that she wants to fuel Hakuryuu with enough hatred to make him fall into depravity and turn into some sort of a being that will fulfill the organization's agenda.

Yeah, this theory is pretty out there, but I've been contemplating it for a while and wanted to share it :p
Sep 19, 2013 6:19 AM

Dec 2010
well , am in favor of your theory because it gives an answer to somewhat degree to one of my theory that i have been thinking lately ...so here goes my theory

there are 2 treacherous magi instead of one and gyokuen was not probably the " first "one to betray solomon... okey thats a speculation based on manga drawings of chapter 115 and 193 ... i know it could be far fetched but let me explain my thoughts ...

in chapter 115 we see for the first time the veiled face of a magi holding the moon staff , i believe thats not gyoken ( but we find gyokuen as treacherous magi holding the moon staff in chapter 193 ) rather her identity as magi was never veiled therefore only option remains that she is the magi of the wing ... now look at both pictures

chapter 115
http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyrinth_of_magic/v12/c115/16.html
chapter 193
http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyrinth_of_magic/vTBD/c193/17.html

now here is the interesting part in next chapter (chapter 194)
http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyrinth_of_magic/vTBD/c194/3.html
at the end panel the veiled face which resembles the face from chapter 194 says there " WE will sink this world into darkness " , now here's the questions
1. why the face is veiled when treacherous magi is revealed just now ??
2. why the face said "we" ?
3.it could not have been isnan , because he is dead now , and we all know he was not magi, his face was shown among the chaos of alma toran destruction.

now this" we " could mean al -shermen but am pretty sure the veiled face is not gyokuen and both magi (or first the veiled one then gyokuen ) betrayed solomon therefore here we stands for beginning of al-shermen or first 2 magi to form al-shermen .also another example of the veiled face magi
http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyrinth_of_magic/v12/c115/13.html

now as gyokuen said they are forms based on thoughts and al-shermen becomes clay doll after defeat , we can assume that death is not a issue for al-shermen ...
so gyokuens husband who died in fire might not be dead afterall and very well is the 1st magi to betray solomon whose face is still not shown where gyokuens face as solomons 3 magi is shown from the beginning ...

killing of her husband and son can fuel hakuryu and if thats an "itachi" pulled by gyoken to make him fall into depravity . also judal seemed to give a hand to hakuryue on that case... so ultimately that will make judal work for gyokuen to fuel haku to fall in depravity . actually that will be the case if we find proof of judal is working with gyoken ...
http://mangafox.me/manga/magi_labyrinth_of_magic/v15/c148/16.html
so if judal and gyokuen work together , your theory could be right...

also some another deep mystery is the concept of one world, one language , one king, one king vessel ....i also have another theory on that.... i think ren kouha will find the truth very soon after the war ends , we might not have to wait very long for that .
headless_nickSep 19, 2013 7:29 AM
Sep 19, 2013 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting. I remember Judal having a sorrowful, helpless look on his face while Gyokuen was torturing her son in ch 148. It could be that he had no choice but to follow along with Al–Thamen's agenda and have Hakuryuu fall into depravity.

Other than Ohtaka's hints that Gyokuen might still has her son's best interest at heart, and I just can't believe that a shounen manga could convey the message that parents can murder their children in cold blood, there are other things that bugged me. Just how did Hakuryuu's elder brother find out that their mother was behind it? Why Hakuryuu and Hakuei weren't targeted? How Hakuryuu was kept safe from his uncle who wanted the throne when Hakuryuu could pose a threat to him in the future (he probably had Gyokuen's protection from behind the scenes)? And finally, why the moment when Hakuryuu's father was killed was left out?

Whether my theory is correct or not, I can't wait when the father character makes his first official appearance and Gyokuen's backstory and motives are finally revealed.
removed-userSep 21, 2013 11:10 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 7 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

12 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 19, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 3 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

13 by AnklesAAA »»
Jan 5, 2:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.