Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 15, 2013 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
Phantom troupe ftw! It's always nice to see them in action. I'm looking forward to see Feitan's fight.
Sep 15, 2013 9:00 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The obligatory fanservice episode... well more like fan pandering.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 15, 2013 9:12 AM

Aug 2009
Either they were playing around or have lost their touch. So much struggle just for mere soldiers, meh.
Sep 15, 2013 9:40 AM

Oct 2010
sanjayts said:
Either they were playing around or have lost their touch. So much struggle just for mere soldiers, meh.

Did it look like any of them were actually struggling to you?
Sep 15, 2013 9:44 AM

Oct 2011
Waited 2 whole years for this episode and the next one, just to see the Troupe's fights animated. Plus for me, even though it was clearly a pandering to the fans type of spot in both the manga and the anime, this was the last good part for a bit so I'm gonna enjoy it.
Sep 15, 2013 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
Oh man finally I had been waiting for this part to be animated for years. Highlight of the Chimera Ant Arc, love the Phantom Troupe. I would watch a spin-off just about them if they made it. Anyways really good episode, next one will be even better.

5/5
Sep 15, 2013 10:03 AM
Feb 2013
sanjayts said:

None of them suffered any notable injury. I don't see the struggle.
Sep 15, 2013 10:18 AM

Dec 2012
Damn the Phantom Troupe doesn't mess around, loved seeing them in action again. Makes me wanna see Chrollo again. Hell, I wanna see Kurapika get in on this too along with Hisoka.
Sep 15, 2013 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
Bold letter Hisoka always.
Sep 15, 2013 10:48 AM

Feb 2011
That's only the second time I've seen the acronym UMA. I didn't know what it meant until Katekyo Hitman Reborn!.

It was nifty getting to see the Troupe's skills!
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 15, 2013 11:02 AM

Dec 2010
anything ryodan related is always welcome ... liked the break from gon and killua ...loved that swordplay scene at the end ...

but i'd be more happier if they had rather made entry in the next arc in some way that matters ...maybe in a style that made a " gennei ryodan impact " more relevant ...not just for 1, 2 episodes only...

well, i basically forgot what happened when they made cameo in this arc , waiting for the next episode to see the end ...

phantom troupe rocks, papers , scissors ....amen
headless_nickSep 15, 2013 11:08 AM
Sep 15, 2013 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
I liked these chapters in the Manga and this episode was pretty well done. Shalnark and Bonolenov definitely made the episode.

We finally get to see the nen abilities of the Phantom Troupe. Before we knew they were BAMFs, now we know why.

Can't wait for next episode.
Sep 15, 2013 11:57 AM
Jan 2013
wow Bonolenov

the Jupiter thing was so beast

i love it
Sep 15, 2013 12:04 PM

Apr 2013
BattousaiLuffy said:
Bonolenov just threw a planet at that ant holy shit!

That was damn awesome.
Loved this episode,Feitan was pretty badass,seeing him again made me fangirl a bit ngl.
Sep 15, 2013 12:07 PM

Jan 2012
did he just spawned a fucking planet?
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 15, 2013 12:09 PM
Jul 2013
I really wanted to see Nobunaga Hazama, he is my fav genei ryodan.

next another genei ryodan episode.
Sep 15, 2013 12:09 PM
Jul 2013
NoobHunterD said:
did he just spawned a fucking planet?

More or less.
Sep 15, 2013 12:56 PM

Jan 2012
Good episode

lol Shalnark Going Super Saiyan

Sep 15, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2011
holy shit many things happened this time, we saw Shalnark becomes Super Saiyan, and Brook the mommy version threw a planet on the poor ant.. lol

I really want to see Feitan in action but looks that i have to wait another 7 fucking days to that,, good job animating this episode, MadHouse
Sep 15, 2013 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
I'm excited for some Shizuku service next ep.
[center]
Sep 15, 2013 2:26 PM

Jun 2009
sanjayts said:

So, uh, what episode were you watching?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 15, 2013 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
I laughed a lot when Phink's opponent started badmouthing him. The difference in power was too much to keep a straight face at.
renventSep 15, 2013 3:13 PM
Sep 15, 2013 2:52 PM
Jul 2013
Satan-sama said:
holy shit many things happened this time, we saw Shalnark becomes Super Saiyan, and Brook the mommy version threw a planet on the poor ant.. lol

I really want to see Feitan in action but looks that i have to wait another 7 fucking days to that,, good job animating this episode, MadHouse

Brook the Mummy, You caught that too ha!
Sep 15, 2013 3:34 PM

Apr 2011
AzurePisces said:
i read the manga but seeing it in anime amaze me.. they did a very good job animating it..

the voice of that boxer guy with many holes in the body looks like the same as brook..

amazing episode..

Now that you mention it. He dosnt have voice actor updated on MAL but this is brooks vocie actor: http://myanimelist.net/people/898/Cho
Sep 15, 2013 5:56 PM

Nov 2012
I really like Bonolenov, like how he has pride of his tribe, and the things he says. makes me wonder why someone like him is in Genei Ryodan.
Sep 15, 2013 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
was dying to see all the troupe's abilities,so far i think their all on par so far but maybe Bonolenov being one of the stronger ones?.
Sep 17, 2013 1:06 AM

Jun 2012
Not bad fights, but I really wanted lots of cool, fluid animations.

, and HorribleSub's preview had a little mistake when Killua spoke backwards, it showed ".noG, eurS", which is Srue, Gon. I'm just pointing it out, not like I really care too much.

Sep 17, 2013 6:38 AM

Dec 2008
BattousaiLuffy said:
Bonolenov just threw a planet at that ant holy shit!

^That was awesome!
However, those holes in Bonolenov are just disgusting. Please wrap him back up. I don't ever want to see that again.
Sep 17, 2013 6:44 AM

Sep 2013
It's always nice to see Ryodan in action since their skills haven't explained thoroughly.
Did Bono just throw a whole planet to kill one bug? There's no kill like overkill, lmao.
Shalnark's antenna reminds me of Illumi's needle, guess manipulators love carrying injection supplies with them. And damn Feitan with his badass swordplay, I can't wait to see his full fight!
Sep 17, 2013 6:47 AM
Sep 2013
Great episode once again!!!! Kalluto doesn't have a that interesting ability like everyone else, btw how help ryodan find exorcist in Greed Island with that ability?
Sep 17, 2013 7:01 AM

Dec 2011
Phantom Troupe. AW YEAH!

何も期待するな//list//twitter//osu//
Sep 17, 2013 8:32 AM

Oct 2011
EPIC!!!!!!! Genei Ryodan stole the show. They are OP!!! What happen to the other members of the Ryodan? Nobunaga, Machi, Koltopi, and Franklin??
Sep 17, 2013 10:39 AM

Jun 2013
NewHJ said:
sanjayts said:

I agree, I had already read the manga, but after seeing this again, they looked pretty weak, what is not true.

cmon man this isnt dbz or naruto the fights in HXH are complicated and as Morel said any nen user can win a battle. How did they even struggle? they all destroyed the ants only 2 of em even got injuries.
Sep 17, 2013 12:54 PM

Jul 2013
sanjayts said:

Are you sure we were watching the same thing? they were pretty much unscathed except Shalnark and even then he pretty much obliterated the ant once he gets serious plus he's not exactly the battle type. Bonolenov and Phinks basically one hit their opponent while Kalluto was toying around. Also..

Sep 17, 2013 9:04 PM

Jun 2009
NewHJ said:
sanjayts said:

I agree, I had already read the manga, but after seeing this again, they looked pretty weak, what is not true.

They looked strong as fuck. I cannot even fathom as to how you guys think they looked weak.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 18, 2013 8:24 AM
Sep 2013
I'm so hyped about Feitan vs Zazan.
And after see Ryodan i start wondering what happen between Hisoka, Exorcist and Lucifer...
Sep 18, 2013 2:19 PM
May 2013
insan3soldiern said:
NewHJ said:
sanjayts said:

They looked strong as fuck. I cannot even fathom as to how you guys think they looked weak.

they're blinded by generic shonen power rankings. To them, the Phantom Troupe are like the Espada from Bleach facing some low level scrub hollows.

They were probably expecting some half assed animation where the PT just stand still in the frame while we see the ants getting dismembered/melting on the spot because of "the spiders were too fast and so strong their eyes couldn't keep up" bullshit.
Sep 19, 2013 7:02 AM
Mar 2012
Can someone please answer me , killua's sister/brother is girl or a boy? I mean in this anime? They give him a girly voice I'm just confused.. :/
Sep 19, 2013 12:01 PM

Aug 2011
Reme-Chan said:
Can someone please answer me , killua's sister/brother is girl or a boy? I mean in this anime? They give him a girly voice I'm just confused.. :/

Unluckily he is a boy.
Sep 19, 2013 12:21 PM
Mar 2012
ValeBreck said:
Reme-Chan said:

Unluckily he is a boy.

that's true for half the girls in this show
Sep 19, 2013 1:37 PM

Dec 2007
Xvenger said:
insan3soldiern said:
NewHJ said:
sanjayts said:

they're blinded by generic shonen power rankings. To them, the Phantom Troupe are like the Espada from Bleach facing some low level scrub hollows.

They were probably expecting some half assed animation where the PT just stand still in the frame while we see the ants getting dismembered/melting on the spot because of "the spiders were too fast and so strong their eyes couldn't keep up" bullshit.

LOL. But Hunter x Hunter has done that before (with the Phantom Troupe, no less), so what on Earth are you talking about?
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Sep 20, 2013 4:25 AM
Feb 2012
SageShinigami said:
Xvenger said:
insan3soldiern said:
NewHJ said:
sanjayts said:

LOL. But Hunter x Hunter has done that before (with the Phantom Troupe, no less), so what on Earth are you talking about?

Elaborate on that. And if you're referring to the Indoor Fish, then that Bleach avatar of yours suits you perfectly.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 20, 2013 12:22 PM
May 2013
GuiltyKing said:

Elaborate on that. And if you're referring to the Indoor Fish, then that Bleach avatar of yours suits you perfectly.

he's probably gonna mention Killua vs Jones or the Feitan/Phinks/Nobunaga kills off the top of my head.

All of which are justified btw and none of them were just standing perfectly still like Byakuya's swagger xD.
Sep 20, 2013 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
Saburo-kun said:
Not bad fights, but I really wanted lots of cool, fluid animations.
Don't be expecting such a thing when the Korean animation teams are involved....
Sep 21, 2013 2:46 PM

Jul 2010
Hell yes. Everything was pretty much fabulous. I expect this being a short arc inside the bigger Chimera's ant.
Sep 21, 2013 2:54 PM
Aug 2011
She renamed herself Queen AND got a boob job.
Sep 21, 2013 3:09 PM

Dec 2012
parfaited said:

LOL, that was on my mind the entire time I watched the episode.

It was an okay episode, I didn't like the super sayian power thing that phantom member had, I actually don't like him in the first place so it makes sense. I wish Nobunaga was there, I like him the most in the troupe after Feitan. The pace is a bit slow, I hoped they would get rid of the ''fake'' queen quickly and maybe move to more important matters. 4/5.
Xvenger said:
insan3soldiern said:
NewHJ said:
sanjayts said:

I don't see any difference. The phantom troupe ARE insanely strong and the characters they faced are low level ants, so the fights shouldn't have taken that long, but I guess they did because we were introduced to their Nen powers albeit most of them weren't interesting and didn't need a lot of explanation imo. They did look a bit weak imo, if you compare them to the king and his royal guards.
Sep 21, 2013 3:27 PM

Dec 2007
tsudecimo said:
parfaited said:

LOL, that was on my mind the entire time I watched the episode.

It was an okay episode, I didn't like the super sayian power thing that phantom member had, I actually don't like him in the first place so it makes sense. I wish Nobunaga was there, I like him the most in the troupe after Feitan. The pace is a bit slow, I hoped they would get rid of the ''fake'' queen quickly and maybe move to more important matters. 4/5.
Xvenger said:
insan3soldiern said:
NewHJ said:
sanjayts said:

I don't see any difference. The phantom troupe ARE insanely strong and the characters they faced are low level ants, so the fights shouldn't have taken that long, but I guess they did because we were introduced to their Nen powers albeit most of them weren't interesting and didn't need a lot of explanation imo. They did look a bit weak imo, if you compare them to the king and his royal guards.

No no, it's TOTALLY DIFFERENT. If it weren't, then how could they maintain a false sense of superiority over Bleach fans?

Incidentally, I don't even like Bleach all that much and behind YYH, HxH is my favorite shonen anime. But y'know, skip over all that. Let's just keep living up to stereotypes.

Listen: Plotwise HxH is on another level from your typical shonen anime. But let's not pretend like they don't employ similar animation techniques. We had an entire episode where they just obliterated the mafia expending zero effort and it was glorious, but you can't tell me you've never seen ANYTHING LIKE IT in a shonen series before.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Sep 21, 2013 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know about you guys, but those abilities reminded me of Naruto.
Bonolenov's ability reminded me of Dosu and Kalluto's ability reminded me of Konan. coincidence?
Sep 21, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
Albi-kun said:
I don't know about you guys, but those abilities reminded me of Naruto.
Bonolenov's ability reminded me of Dosu and Kalluto's ability reminded me of Konan. coincidence?
Might be the other way around...
I believe this little story arc here was done in 2004.
But, who knows which characters came first?

Anyway, glad to see that you've caught up!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.