Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2009 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
How disappointing...the most dramatic part they fly right through and in exchange we have this...almost no awkwardness between Tomoya and Ushio. Pretty dumb.
Feb 6, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting episode

Feb 6, 2009 5:48 PM
Oct 2007
Ushio is soooooo cute! XD And I LOVE her voice! She is now officially one of my top favorite Clannad characters, alongside Kyou.

Title of the next episode, "Ends of the Earth," sounds depressing. =(

noteDhero said:
How disappointing...the most dramatic part they fly right through and in exchange we have this...almost no awkwardness between Tomoya and Ushio. Pretty dumb.

What? No awkwardness? I thought it was pretty awkward. There were quite a few moments of silence and at the market, Tomoya had lots of trouble answering that lady's questions. I thought he must've felt pretty awkward around Ushio. And he had no idea how to communicate with Ushio. When Ushio kept coming back and said, "I did it all by myself," I kept thinking, "Tomoya, you idiot, you're suppose to praise her." Good thing the poor little girl didn't completely take his indifference to heart.

Tohdman said:
Since the beginning of After Story Kyou's part in the intro has her surrounded by little kids about Ushio's size. Will she be Ushio's teacher?

Hey, good call! I think Ushio's the little girl at the bottom right looking to the right. If that's so, I can't wait to see Kyou again. :3
Feb 6, 2009 5:50 PM

Aug 2008
I think considering Tomoya's character, that's as natural a relationship with a daughter I see coming from him. Ushio seems to act more like Tomoya than Nagisa, so I felt more of an understanding than awkwardness between the two.
Feb 6, 2009 5:52 PM
Dec 2007
Ushio is soooooo cute!
Now if only Tomoya would stop acting like an idiot, we'd have the perfect father/daughter family picture.
Feb 6, 2009 6:29 PM

Jan 2009
They did a great job in balancing sad/awkward Tomoya and the adorable Ushio. I'm actually glad they didn't go overboard with his emoness. Their relationship right now makes sense to me.
Blackhawk5017Feb 6, 2009 6:37 PM
Feb 6, 2009 7:32 PM

Oct 2008
I dropped this thinking the rest of the series would continue on a bad note, but Ushio was way too cute so I couldn't >___>'
Feb 6, 2009 8:21 PM

Jun 2007
Rikuna said:
I don't like her voice ><...

Same here. Her voice is to deep.

@noteDhero - I agree...they skipped over the most dramatic part.

One thing I noticed though was when the lady by the store said "Oh your out with your father", Ushio did a double take looking at Tomoya. I'm gonna take a reach here and say maybe Ushio hasn't been told who her father or mother is yet and now she's peacing it together.
Feb 6, 2009 8:59 PM
Jun 2007
Rikuna said:

lol well she's supposed to sound like a guy.

Awesome episode. Looking forward for more Tomoya and Ushio.
Feb 6, 2009 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
Ushio is too cute for words. I thought this ep would be more depressing, but I was amused. And Sanae is awesome as usual. The transition to the ED was so much better this episode than last.
ironchefflipFeb 6, 2009 9:56 PM
Feb 6, 2009 11:02 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah i also expected it more sad but it turned out ok.
I have to say though that in the next ep preview i watched i wanted to get a knife and stab Tomoya in the face -.-

PS> Awesome episode :)
Feb 7, 2009 12:20 AM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
I think considering Tomoya's character, that's as natural a relationship with a daughter I see coming from him. Ushio seems to act more like Tomoya than Nagisa, so I felt more of an understanding than awkwardness between the two.

Ushio is 5, i would not expect any real awkwardness/tension until she was older.
Feb 7, 2009 12:45 AM
Mar 2008
Lol @ she seems like a boy. I thought it was awesome how they just get stuck with each other. And got this sad/creepy/excited vibe when Ushio was just runnin all over the place and Tomoya mentions Nagisa maybe cuz she resembles her. Ushio is really cute.
Feb 7, 2009 12:58 AM
Jan 2008
mmm pretty nicely done, bout his emotion being under controled in this episode. although based from next episode's preview...he's goin to go nuts x_x
Feb 7, 2009 1:07 AM

Sep 2008
I couldn't handle the wait for Eclipse's release. D:

I am so glad that it does not reflect the movie, but then again I doubted so because of the amount of episodes left. I absolutely loved the episode because of Ushio. Her voice is so odd, yet cute at the same time. I also love how Tomoya has no idea how to raise her, kind of reminds me of Usagi Drop and Aishiteruze Baby. Either way, I'm glad to see Tomoya with the ability to walk, and I can't wait for the next episode! <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2009 3:10 AM

Oct 2008
I fell in love with Ushio the moment I saw her.

I was terrified to watch this episode...I was expecting a lot more wallowing out of Tomoya. But it wasn't as depressing as I had imagined! I'm glad for that.... although its so painful to watch Tomoya living like he is T__T The episode felt so empty without Nagisa.
But high hopes for next episode! One step closer to being together!

I'm hoping someone will tell Tomoya: Ushio isn't the reason for Nagisa's death...Ushio is the reason that Nagisa still lives.
<3
iulliFeb 7, 2009 3:26 AM
Feb 7, 2009 5:08 AM

Oct 2006
I thought her voice was perfect. She's not a clone of Nagisa after all.
So adorable.. I love her attitude.
Feb 7, 2009 5:08 AM

Jan 2008
Oh yea finally Ushio came! She's the reason i picked this series back up and marathon'ed it in less than 1 day. Ever since the first ep of season 1 i've been wondering who that girl was in the OP, and i thought season 1 kinda suck leaving that unexplained and the issue between Tomoya and his father unsettle'd. Tomoya being a lousy father ever since Nagisa's death is most likely a plot so that he could be in his father shoes, but only almost. Now that he's going to a trip with Ushio, i'm guessing something will happen leading him thinking of his dad.

Shio-chan will probably save Tomoya from his misery, can't wait to see how it's done.
Feb 7, 2009 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
Darn it's out and I completely forgot about it D:
*downloading*
Feb 7, 2009 6:33 AM
Dec 2007
OH MY GOD I WANTED TO SLAP TOMOYA IN THE FACE! he's totally not a good father, not a good PERSON! I can't believe he's like.... he's like his own father! he pissed me off so much... he should have at least raised Ushio for Nagisa's sake. i think that he would have been an abusive father though... i think he needs a good cry and give him a fresh start.
Feb 7, 2009 7:06 AM

Jul 2007
iulli said:
I fell in love with Ushio the moment I saw her.

I was terrified to watch this episode...I was expecting a lot more wallowing out of Tomoya. But it wasn't as depressing as I had imagined! I'm glad for that.... although its so painful to watch Tomoya living like he is T__T The episode felt so empty without Nagisa.
But high hopes for next episode! One step closer to being together!

I'm hoping someone will tell Tomoya: Ushio isn't the reason for Nagisa's death...Ushio is the reason that Nagisa still lives.
<3

The first screenshot is the best :P

Now technicaly speaking Usio is the reason Nagisa died. But of course it isnt Usios fault :)

And yeah Usio shall remind Tomoya Nagisa and what she wished for :(
That girl definately needs some love from her dad :S
Feb 7, 2009 7:29 AM

Aug 2008
This episode is probably another calm one before the storm. Like how in the previous episodes where it's all happy then we see Nagisa passing away.

Suggesting from the preview, I think

And also, Ushio is just too cute. Just as how Nagisa was cute for me during the first few episodes of the first one. Well, she's still, but I found her case to be similar to Ushio's. Anyway, I'm more afraid to see the next episodes...I thought I would finally get to the limit where I wanna punch Tomoya, but then there comes the various parts and made me wanna punch Tomoya for one reason. I wonder how things will turn out from this point.
Feb 7, 2009 8:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Oh god. Ushio totally inherited Nagisa's cuteness, and even multiplied it by 2! This episode's cuteness was off the charts, really. A really great episode, though I'm still all ;__; because of Nagisa. The little Kanon reference was great too. I thought it was great how they showed Tomoya not giving a damn anymore, drinking and smoking.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 7, 2009 8:09 AM

Feb 2008
What a great episode.
Ushio is so cute and smart.
I smiled almost the whole episode long.

niwasatou said:
I thought her voice was perfect.

Yeah, her voice was great. <3
Feb 7, 2009 8:46 AM

Jan 2008
Great eps i tho it would be a painful eps but it wasn't thank god =] Ushio is kawaii funny how she always say she need to go the toilet xD good to see Ushio still has the same voice actor from the game/movie
Feb 7, 2009 9:54 AM

Jul 2008
Tomoya being like that...:( Ushio is so cute :3
Feb 7, 2009 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
narutosangel said:
OH MY GOD I WANTED TO SLAP TOMOYA IN THE FACE! he's totally not a good father, not a good PERSON! I can't believe he's like.... he's like his own father! he pissed me off so much... he should have at least raised Ushio for Nagisa's sake. i think that he would have been an abusive father though... i think he needs a good cry and give him a fresh start.

Really? Tomoya's dad injures him and is constantly drunk, while Tomoya cooks for, talks to, and fixes Ushio's toy? How are they the same?
Feb 7, 2009 10:07 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah, Tomoya hasn't done anything bad to Ushio yet. You guys are being too hard on him D:
Feb 7, 2009 10:30 AM

Jan 2009
Well they seem to have this season on hyper speed. Wish they showed abit more of Tomoya struggling and others trying to help him. With this rate I'm kinda of timid to watch the next episode...
Feb 7, 2009 10:55 AM

Oct 2008
noteDhero said:
Really? Tomoya's dad injures him and is constantly drunk, while Tomoya cooks for, talks to, and fixes Ushio's toy? How are they the same?

Just pointing this out, he cooked for himself and just made extra for her without catering to her tastes. Technically I guess that is cooking for her, but not really.
hirahira said:
Yeah, Tomoya hasn't done anything bad to Ushio yet. You guys are being too hard on him D:

Well you can't exactly tell anyone that what he's doing is good parenting.
Feb 7, 2009 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
He asked her what she wanted, and said if you don't say anything, I'll cook something I like. Fried rice is made w/ green peppers...children don't like green peppers so of course, the parent would say, you have to eat it. When she didn't he made her rice. I know when I was 5, and I said I didn't like the food I was eating my parents said "I don't care, you're eating it." Both are solid forms of parenting.
Feb 7, 2009 11:49 AM

Jan 2009
Nightmare7 said:

Technically, Ushio isn't going to school when the episode ended.

Anyway I expected to see more of Tomoya and his depression in this episode but instead we got to see Ushio-- she really resembles Nagisa. I somehow feel bad for Tomoya. haha. overall, good episode.
My brain: Yorozuya Gin-chan -> Yozakura Quartet = Yorozuya Quartet (this is how much Gintama has affected me).
Feb 7, 2009 12:44 PM

Sep 2008
---nica said:
Nightmare7 said:

Technically, Ushio isn't going to school when the episode ended.

Anyway I expected to see more of Tomoya and his depression in this episode but instead we got to see Ushio-- she really resembles Nagisa. I somehow feel bad for Tomoya. haha. overall, good episode.

Not everyone can understand 100% of the story when only the RAW was out at the time..

On a second note, I just had to watch this a second time, and it never gets old. I absolutely adored the hand gesture when Ushio took that first bite of Fried Rice. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2009 12:47 PM

May 2007
Kyaaa. I can't get over how CUTE and ADORABLE Ushio is! She's like a mini-Nagisa! I really can't blame Tomoya for not looking after Ushio this whole time. But still, I hope Ushio helps him follow the right path in his life. :\

Nagisa...! I MISS YOUUU. ;____;

Feb 7, 2009 12:51 PM

Oct 2008
noteDhero said:
He asked her what she wanted, and said if you don't say anything, I'll cook something I like. Fried rice is made w/ green peppers...children don't like green peppers so of course, the parent would say, you have to eat it. When she didn't he made her rice. I know when I was 5, and I said I didn't like the food I was eating my parents said "I don't care, you're eating it." Both are solid forms of parenting.

So you're saying that he cooked that specific dish because he cared for her health and well being as opposed to just cooking it out of circumstance? This along with pretty much anything else he did for her?

Your latter point is negated by the fact that he ultimately didn't make her eat it. Let alone the fact that the reason for the peppers was because he said fried rice needs pepper, not that they are good for her (and in all honesty, when he used the word "kosho," I think he referred to pepper the spice, not the vegetable, since she sneezed as he was cooking).

I guess "solid parenting" can be a subjective phrase and level of acceptable parenting differs from person to person. So I'll stop here and say let's agree to disagree on Tomoya's parenting skills. And I'll agree also that Tomoya is better father than his own, relatively speaking.

(edit was adding last line)
ironchefflipFeb 7, 2009 1:43 PM
Feb 7, 2009 1:09 PM
Apr 2008
Damn, looks like Tomoya is going to be a good father at this rate, but in the previews, it seems as if he's gonna turn into his father.

Overall, this was an excellent episode. Actually since about the second half of the series, the episodes have been getting stronger and stronger. So: 1st half = Weak, 2nd half = Strong, very strong. The remaining few episodes will be emotional, and I'm extremely curious as to what'll happen with the ending.
Feb 7, 2009 1:30 PM

Aug 2008
Rikuna said:

second to that. it sounded kinda cramped... well maybe she was cramped around Tomoya. but the voice was still too low for a girl-child.

also Ushio looks cute, but she doesn't act like an 5 year old... seemed more like 3 (i personally seconded to Tomoya's snap at her that he can poo on his own also)
Feb 7, 2009 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
draker said:
This episode cheered me up a lot since what happened last week. At first I thought it was weird, I was expecting an emo Tomoya, but in the end I liked it, and Ushio is really cute.

Yes. This episode was totaly better than if it would have been Tomoya being depressed. It cheered me up, but Tomoya is still SOOOOO annoying! Dont forget Ushio! Ushio was cute indeed!

it seems that there could be diffent ending than in the movie. Too bad that there is not going to be revival of Fuuka...hmph stupid! :D
Feb 7, 2009 1:57 PM

Dec 2008
Omg Ushio is sooo kawaii~~~~~

She reminds me so much of Nagisa, poor Nagisa... you couldn't see your child group up q__q. I'm glad that we didn't have to see like 3 episodes of Tomoya in depression. I'm glad they kept his depression into 1/2 an episode. But I'm scared about the next episode. But this series has yet to disappoint me.

If only Nagisa was there as well, this would be the perfect picture TT_TT
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Feb 7, 2009 2:02 PM

Dec 2007
Ushio is like a mini-Nagisa
I don't know why he didn't want to take care of his own child, but why can't he at least raise Ushio the way he and Nagisa would have done it...

Next episode looks promising! :)
Feb 7, 2009 2:34 PM

Mar 2008
It's HERE!

Tomoya's fried rice
(not as extreme as the Jam and Bread though...)

and the transition between the episode and the ED stunned me a bit (I don't know why, just because it kinda looked like Ushio was skipping into the ED)
Feb 7, 2009 2:45 PM

Jan 2007
omg Ushio <3

and I rather like her voice. its cute.
Feb 7, 2009 2:50 PM

Jul 2008
Wow... Kyoani makes perfect anime O_O

I just loved it. It was perfect. And Ushio is sooo cute :D

Feb 7, 2009 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
(tomoya) He's acting like his father did... He's going to crumble when he will realise it ...

Feb 7, 2009 3:32 PM

Dec 2008
Ukato said:
(tomoya) He's acting like his father did... He's going to crumble when he will realise it ...

that's exactly what i thought when i watched this episode.

and i do agree that they make ushio act more like a 3 year old than a 5 year old. that kinda annoyed me but i loved the episode. it was really cute. and i love ushio!!!!

Feb 7, 2009 3:40 PM
Mar 2008
USHIO
IS
ADORABLE!~@&*!#(~&@#^!&*#!^*#

Stupid Tomoya being 冷たい D:
Feb 7, 2009 3:44 PM

Nov 2007
Ushio is a mini Nagisa ^_^.
I found the scene in the end of this episode very similar to Air when Yukito took Mizusu to the beach.
Feb 7, 2009 3:51 PM

Dec 2007
This has become exactly as i predicted. Nagisa dying and Tomoya ending up almost as his father :/.. The lack of love From Tomoya to Ushio was really depressing to see. and the preview doesnt look nice at all, looks like Tomoya is going to do something terrible.

In the end i think that Tomoya will realise he is acting as his own father, which he hates! and he will realise how much he really loves Ushio, and he will regain his will to live. but i have a bad feeling something is going to happen to Ushio though.
Feb 7, 2009 3:58 PM

Aug 2008
kawaiisakura05 said:
Ukato said:

that's exactly what i thought when i watched this episode.

and i do agree that they make ushio act more like a 3 year old than a 5 year old. that kinda annoyed me but i loved the episode. it was really cute. and i love ushio!!!!

yeah he should know how ushio felt the way he treats her since
his dad did the same thing D:
overall
somewhat better and somewhat worse than i expected :/
better fix the relationship
lol
Feb 7, 2009 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
DSjdashdjas, Ushio. <3 She is too cute for words. My eyes teared up when I saw her, she is just like her mommy. I screamed "Awh" when I heard her running. Voice is adorable. I don't like Tomoya smoking, or spending money on other useless things, like his daddio. He's completely better than that. It makes me so sad, but Ushio made it all better. I miss Nagisa, and it's less likely for her...to return. I will not lose faith this easily though. & I'm glad I didn't see Akio, I probably would have bawled. He fucking treasured his daughter.

Nagisa my love I miss youuuu <3
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.