Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2011
arena149 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
arena149 said:
I read somewhere that Kishi really want to do sdr2 anime but he says it depends on DR BD/DVD sales so who knows.

The sales for first vol is like 6k the last I remember, I don't know if that will encourage them to do sdr2 after this.

I do agree that sdr2 need more than 1 cour since it is much longer than DR1.
I thought the sales were more like 4K which is good, but not necessarily
"lets go make season 2 right now"
worthy

Well I just recently check the sales
*6,650 *3 Dangan Ronpa the Animation [BD+DVD]: 2013/08/28

Still I doubt the other vol will sell as much as vol 1 but I did surprise it manage to beat other summer anime lol.
Well it really depends on their expectation in the end.
6,650 is pretty damn good, maybe dr2 will happen.....welp time to prepare for a awful adaptation, hoefully the SA thread can finish or that vita game releases west before the anime happens so i can recommend people a better alternative

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 26, 2013 1:01 PM

Apr 2013
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
arena149 said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
arena149 said:
I read somewhere that Kishi really want to do sdr2 anime but he says it depends on DR BD/DVD sales so who knows.

The sales for first vol is like 6k the last I remember, I don't know if that will encourage them to do sdr2 after this.

I do agree that sdr2 need more than 1 cour since it is much longer than DR1.
I thought the sales were more like 4K which is good, but not necessarily
"lets go make season 2 right now"
worthy

Still I doubt the other vol will sell as much as vol 1 but I did surprise it manage to beat other summer anime lol.
6,650 is pretty damn good, maybe dr2 will happen.....welp time to prepare for a awful adaptation, hoefully the SA thread can finish or that vita game releases west before the anime happens so i can recommend people a better alternative

http://i.imgur.com/9OrUZpx.gif
Sep 26, 2013 1:02 PM

Nov 2011
silverwalls said:
arena149 said:

volume 2 & 3 will definitely sell less though.
but i'm pretty sure the anime exists only to promote the games, so it may not even depend so much on dvd/bd sales..

http://marchen-v-friedhof.tumblr.com/post/62341251629/monomi-makes-an-appearance-at-the-end-of-dgrps
Well Kishi did say it depends on the sales now from recent interview so it does count but consider that sdr2 is madly popular they could really make one in the whim at the end of the day yeah........
Sep 26, 2013 1:36 PM

Jan 2010
Even if it's rushed, I still wouldn't mind seeing it. I just wanna see Hiyoko animated lul
http://puu.sh/4zC2n.gif

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Sep 26, 2013 1:42 PM
Feb 2012
It's basically confirmed at this point that a second season is being planned, but they don't know if it will get funded.

The show has actually gotten a lot of viewers because the games have gotten really popular in Japan. And they've really been building up a lot of hype with DanganRonpa 1&2 Reload, Another Episode, DanganRonpa 3 not technically being announced but they're being super obvious about it. They're trying to build the series up as an Ace Attorney competitor. It was kind of always described on Japanese forums as the PSP's answer to Gyakuten Saiban, anyway.

If the DVDs and Blu Rays sell even moderately well, it'll probably get a second season at this point. If they sell well enough, we might be lucky enough to get at least a 1 1/2 cour. But I think they probably know that there is no real way to fit SDR2 chapters into 2 episodes like it kind of was with the first game. Everyone working on the anime had played the games, and the writer for the trial episodes was even the guy who wrote the script for the game.
Sep 26, 2013 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
Raiden_ said:
Even if it's rushed, I still wouldn't mind seeing it. I just wanna see Hiyoko animated lul
But shes such a cunt, but unlike togami she wasnt entertainingly a cunt, shes just a cunt and nothing else

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 26, 2013 4:24 PM

Nov 2008
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Raiden_ said:
But shes such a cunt, but unlike togami she wasnt entertainingly a cunt, shes just a cunt and nothing else
I disagree with this.... she is like one of the most developed character in the game. If you know what I mean.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 26, 2013 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
DenjaX said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Raiden_ said:
I disagree with this.... she is like one of the most developed character in the game. If you know what I mean.

hiyoko is the BEST, fav character besides ibuki
Sep 26, 2013 10:01 PM

Jan 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Raiden_ said:

Initiating defense mode

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Sep 26, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2011
We saw Usami at the end of last episode saying she want to meet us soon too. So I think there's very high chance of season 2.
Sep 26, 2013 11:38 PM
Feb 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Raiden_ said:

Whoa there. Hiyoko is one of the best characters. She also gets some of the best character development in the game. SDR2 does a really good job of presenting characters that seem like assholes and then has them develop into really great characters.
Sep 27, 2013 6:40 AM

Aug 2007
As you said it depends on the sales from DVD and BD, so Wait until the first volume of DVD and BD come out.

I really dont want a second season, with one is more than enough.
Sep 27, 2013 7:25 AM

Oct 2011
minimiau said:
As you said it depends on the sales from DVD and BD, so Wait until the first volume of DVD and BD come out.

the first volume already did come out, the second volume was just released the other day. From what I have heard it has been selling pretty decently 6K or 7K copies were sold last I heard.
Sep 27, 2013 7:34 AM

Apr 2011
Based off ALOT of animes and how they end, with this anime showing monobear and the girlbear in the ending i would put my money down on a season 2, just give it a year or two :)
Sep 27, 2013 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
finalmessenger said:
minimiau said:

the first volume already did come out, the second volume was just released the other day. From what I have heard it has been selling pretty decently 6K or 7K copies were sold last I heard.

Apparently volume 1 came with a booklet containing a short story written by the game's author telling how Naegi came to Hope's Peak. That probably contributed to the sales.
Sep 27, 2013 7:58 AM

Oct 2011
Mittee said:
finalmessenger said:
minimiau said:

Apparently volume 1 came with a booklet containing a short story written by the game's author telling how Naegi came to Hope's Peak. That probably contributed to the sales.

yeah it would appear that, that story was apart of the first press release
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p580/finalmessenger/480px-Dvdspecial_zps3756fbd1.jpg
here's the first press release of volume 2 if anyone is curious https://twitter.com/dangan_anime/status/382436150738038784/photo/1
finalmessengerSep 27, 2013 8:12 AM
Sep 27, 2013 8:58 AM

May 2008
With the way it ended with Usami showing up and saying 'I want to meet everyone soon!', how could that NOT be them hinting at SDR2 being animated? I would KILL to see Komaeda in action on the big screen.

Sep 27, 2013 1:19 PM

Sep 2009
Seikunai said:
I don't know.

Well.. I don't care because I never liked Danganronpa and I have to say that I wasn't too impressed.

AHAHA. THIS :D
Sep 27, 2013 1:48 PM

Sep 2012
I hope there is a second season, I havent played the game yet (because there´s no english patch out yet), but I love this series. Also, Ive heard that the second game is way better, I just hope they don´t rush it if there ever is one.
Sep 27, 2013 2:11 PM

Aug 2007
So, volume 1 is allready out, I really didnt know about that fact. So, I'll search more about it. Thanks for the info :3
Sep 27, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2012
Possibly? I hope they make season 2 a two-cour show and not rush it. :|
Sep 27, 2013 2:57 PM

Jun 2009
I want a season 2 for the second game would be awesome. Cause that ending was like the series finalie of the Sopranos.
Sep 29, 2013 12:28 AM

Nov 2012

so it really depends on the bd/dvd sales? well v1 sold ~6k but v2 will probably drop by half..
so it might not happen after all
Sep 29, 2013 4:27 AM

Apr 2013

Well I suppose that's one way to sell a sub par adaptation.
Oct 2, 2013 3:29 AM

Jun 2011
ThisIsNotMyName said:
the second game has returning characters and much new characters.

Returning characters? Me want. This ending is so unsatisfying.

TenshiUchiha said:
I would like because I enjoyed a lot the animation, but the second game is a little more complex and I think it would be even more difficult for those who only watch for.

Animation? Did you see any animation? What I saw was stills everywhere, copy paste from the game. >.>
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 8, 2013 4:18 PM

Oct 2013
How would they handle

SDR2 Endgame spoilers

Blick Winkel is here.
Oct 8, 2013 4:22 PM

Sep 2011
Natsu12345 said:

TenshiUchiha said:
I would like because I enjoyed a lot the animation, but the second game is a little more complex and I think it would be even more difficult for those who only watch for.

Animation? Did you see any animation? What I saw was stills everywhere, copy paste from the game. >.>
and even then they still fucked that up, everyone looked so derpy

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 9, 2013 7:00 AM

Nov 2012
17thCupOfCoffee said:
How would they handle

SDR2 Endgame spoilers

i think

meh. i still hope there won't be an adaptation. but seeing that the bd/dvd sales so far aren't really outstanding, it probably won't happen anyways

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.