Forum Settings
Forums

New Anime Project for 'Tamako Market' Announced

New
Sep 14, 2013 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
According to the official anime Twitter, a new anime project for KyoAni's anime "Tamako Market" has been green-lit. The original anime aired from January to March 2013. At the moment, no other information including schedule or format is available yet.

Source: Tamako Market's Twitter

Tamako Love Story on MAL
NaruleachDec 25, 2013 1:19 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 14, 2013 9:31 AM
Mar 2008
Exactly what the anime industry needed.
Sep 14, 2013 9:31 AM

Nov 2010
What? I thought Tamako Market had sold poorly (considering KyoAni's standards on moe anime). So KyoAni's having 2 anime in the same season (EDIT: never mind for some reason I misread a sentence there)... Has that ever happened before? Oh I am assuming it'll be a standard TV anime though.
Sep 14, 2013 9:32 AM

Sep 2012
kurosaki_kabuto said:
So KyoAni's having 2 anime in the same season... Has that ever happened before?
Don't forget in my post I said schedule information not available yet...

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 14, 2013 9:34 AM

Feb 2010
kurosaki_kabuto said:
What? I thought Tamako Market had sold poorly (considering KyoAni's standards on moe anime). So KyoAni's having 2 anime in the same season... Has that ever happened before? Oh I am assuming it'll be a standard TV anime though.

No information available regarding schedule or format so where do you get that it's going to air in the same season? (e: ninja'd)

As one of the people who actually enjoyed Tamako Market (not great, but fun to watch) I'll definitely watch this, be it a movie, special or second season.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 14, 2013 9:35 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, I thought it sold poorly too..

Nov 2008
kurosaki_kabuto said:
What? I thought Tamako Market had sold poorly (considering KyoAni's standards on moe anime). So KyoAni's having 2 anime in the same season... Has that ever happened before? Oh I am assuming it'll be a standard TV anime though.

Kyoani only has passion and almost little care about sales.

I think this is an OVA or a film, I doubt it's a TV series.

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

No information available regarding schedule or format so where do you get that it's going to air in the same season?

Just edited that. I misread the post for some reason and where symbv said it had aired from Jan to Mar 2013 I read it will air from Jan to Mar 2014. Oh well...
Sep 14, 2013 9:36 AM

Apr 2012
So the K-On copy gets a new project. Wonderful.

No but really, this sold really badly for KyoAni standards. Why a new project for it? Hopefully it'll just be a short OVA series or something.
Sep 14, 2013 9:40 AM

Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
kurosaki_kabuto said:

I think this is an OVA or a film, I doubt it's a TV series.
This is what I'm hoping for. If it ends up being a full cour, then that would suck
Sep 14, 2013 9:42 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
kurosaki_kabuto said:
What? I thought Tamako Market had sold poorly.
To be honest, I don't buy this "do it for passion" theory. I'd rather believe "follow the money" and I am sure they see some good business reason to do it - probably the money comes from merchandise which we have little data about or something else.. It just goes to show that even in an original anime's case BD/DVD sales is not everything ...

Sep 14, 2013 9:42 AM
Sep 2012
More moe, more Anko.

I didn't thought it will get another project but why not.
Sep 14, 2013 9:47 AM

May 2010
Interesting. Wonder what it is. :O
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 14, 2013 9:57 AM
May 2012
I guess it's time to put this anime in my plan to watch :D Oh KyoAni.
Sep 14, 2013 10:00 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
Hoppy said:
kurosaki_kabuto said:
What? I thought Tamako Market had sold poorly.
To be honest, I don't buy this "do it for passion" theory. I'd rather believe "follow the money" and I am sure they see some good business reason to do it - probably the money comes from merchandise which we have little data about or something else.. It just goes to show that even in an original anime's case BD/DVD sales is not everything ...

There isn't much merchandise either so I think that they are doing this for passion for just for the fans is pretty much the best conclusion we have at the moment.

Sep 14, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2013
I really am curious as to why they're making a new project for TM, the sales weren't that great and (My opinion from here) the show was just dull, the characters didn't have any depth to them, the story was all over the place, and Dera just annoyed me to no end. If this story was more focused on Tamako's family, I'm pretty sure this would've been more interesting(and if they removed that Bird).

I'm not sure if this will be an OVA, Movie, or Second season, but I hope it's not a 2nd season tbh, I don't expect much to happen from it (Maybe Tamako will return Mochizou's feelings? Idk...), but that's just how I feel about it.

Hoppy said:
There isn't much merchandise either so I think that they are doing this for passion for just for the fans is pretty much the best conclusion we have at the moment.

If they are doing this for the fans, why don't they try continuing their other series that are more popular than this? That's the question I'm currently stuck at, the only thing I could think of on why they're making a new project for this is to fix the problems the shows had, maybe even a movie where they change to a different character's perspective of things.
45RavagerSep 14, 2013 10:06 AM
Sep 14, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2011
Akichii said:
So the K-On copy gets a new project. Wonderful.

No but really, this sold really badly for KyoAni standards. Why a new project for it? Hopefully it'll just be a short OVA series or something.

I don't know what else it could be but an OVA series. A second series would really not fit for this series, since it didn't really go anywhere, and ended up being pretty boring for me (the show being boring is my subjective opinion; whoever found it greatly enjoyable, good for you).
Sep 14, 2013 10:07 AM

Jan 2011
Hopefully Choi and Dera will make a return, the prince too.
[center]
Sep 14, 2013 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
I'm very surprised to hear this news, Tamako Market seemed to be a major disappointment to a lot of fans of KyoAni stuff. Oh well, hopefully whatever it is will be better than the first season.
Sep 14, 2013 10:09 AM

Oct 2010
More Mochizou please
Sep 14, 2013 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
I believe the money must be somewhere. It's just that we are not seeing it. In my view KyoAni now runs its business pretty professionally and it is not like there is obvious gain for KyoAni for it to do more anime for this franchise in a, say, marketing tool or loss-leader role.

Anyway, I guess debating about it is not going to go anywhere because we lack good information to guide us.

Sep 14, 2013 10:16 AM
Aug 2012
On par for what I expect out of Kyoani these days, sellouts. They got so much money from Free! they're gonna troll us with more TM. Just like they did with endless eight after K-on!.
Sep 14, 2013 10:17 AM

Sep 2012
Well, I am sure this will be an anime. This is what 新作 in the context means.

Sep 14, 2013 10:18 AM

Oct 2012
Hmm.... I personally think this is good news! Tamako Market is a great anime as it is, so I'm expecting a LOT from this one.
Sep 14, 2013 10:19 AM

Apr 2007
merurin said:
More Mochizou please
Yes please. As long as he gets some screen time then I'm happy
Sep 14, 2013 10:21 AM

Oct 2012
Monochrome said:
merurin said:
More Mochizou please

Same here.
Sep 14, 2013 10:22 AM

Sep 2009
KyoAni always go for money. Just that Tamako was their own production so even with such a sales they got enough profit. Probably they just need smth to fill the schedule.
Sep 14, 2013 10:23 AM

Aug 2012
More and more do i get hope that KyoAni will make more Nichijou. Oh please KyoAni, make more Nichijou...
Sep 14, 2013 10:23 AM

Aug 2011
itazuranamelody said:
Monochrome said:
merurin said:
More Mochizou please

Same here.

He's the only character I ended up liking, so more of him would be great.
Sep 14, 2013 10:34 AM

Oct 2012
Yay~ I wanna see more of Choi and the prince <3 And of course, I also want to see Kanna just being Kanna :)

Sep 14, 2013 10:35 AM

Sep 2010
What a bizarre announcement. Tamako was an incredibly safe, vanilla series and I didn't think anyone was clamoring for a sequel.
Sep 14, 2013 10:35 AM
Jul 2013
Another KyoAni hate thread~
Everyone in the community is shit taste.
Sep 14, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2009
People. You should understand at last. KyoAni has a new politics now. They stopped making animes for which they don't have main rights(i.e. won't get major part of profit). So we won't see anything else beside anime originals and adaptations of LNs which won KyoAni awards from them. At least not untill their bosses decide that this politics don't work or the studio would be out of such a series.
Sep 14, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
KyoAni always go for money. .
Not necessarily a bad thing in itself. I also believe that other studios are doing the same too. It is just a matter of how effectively and efficiently they manage to get good results.

Sep 14, 2013 10:42 AM

Jun 2012
Will kyoani find a way?
Sep 14, 2013 10:43 AM

Jan 2012
Didn't like it but still watched it. That's something.
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
Sep 14, 2013 10:44 AM

May 2010
great Tamako is comingback
Sep 14, 2013 10:45 AM

Aug 2007
Moar Dera-chaaaaaaan! <3 And Mochizou :3
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 14, 2013 10:47 AM

Feb 2012
Whether the anime sold poorly or not clearly doesn't matter here. KyoAni sees money in a new anime project. Disc sales don't tell us the whole story.

I'm thinking it's an OVA though.

Shuhan said:
Will kyoani find a way?
KyoAni always finds a way!
Sep 14, 2013 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
didnt this series do poorly? Hell it wasnt even that well recieved even by most kyo ani fans, whats the point of doing this, i mean at least with chuuniybo while its milked and forced it had reason to make more cause it sold a shit ton and was pretty well revieved, this on the other hand makes no sense

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 14, 2013 10:49 AM

Aug 2008
Hmm, this reminds me of a humorous theory that a certain games studio keeps making pretty much the same awful game all the time, so people will finally stop buying it allowing them to do something completely different without anyone complaining. Maybe it's KyoAni's silent scream: 'Don't buy this shit! We don't want to do this any more!'
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 14, 2013 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
didnt this series do poorly?
Just to put it in perspective - it sold poorly compared to what people expected it to sell before the season started. It still sold substantially above the manabi line though.

Sep 14, 2013 10:53 AM

Mar 2009
Oh, Kyoani...

I don't really want a tv anime but I did like the show more than a lot of people, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Sep 14, 2013 10:59 AM

Jan 2012
2nd season cuz the guy couldnt confess his love probably
Sep 14, 2013 11:04 AM
Sep 2010
This is good news. I really enjoyed Tamako Market and I look forward to whatever this new anime will be.
Sep 14, 2013 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
I'm thinking it's probably going to be an ova. I hope mochizou is able to confess to Tamako!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2013 11:13 AM

Apr 2012
Laciie said:
itazuranamelody said:
Monochrome said:
merurin said:
More Mochizou please

Same here.

He's the only character I ended up liking, so more of him would be great.
Just a whole OVA dedicated to Mochizou would be great, really. I really enjoyed him.
Sep 14, 2013 11:25 AM

Aug 2010
Well I enjoyed the first one so why not.
Sep 14, 2013 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
Well, I didn't expect this.
At all.
Sep 14, 2013 11:39 AM

Feb 2010
Why...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 30 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
30 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

3 by trinitroglycerin »»
39 minutes ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.