Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 15, 2013 6:38 PM
Sep 2010
Probably one of the best confession scenes I've seen in anime. Madarame has always been the most likable of the original crew imo, and I'm glad they handled this scene with such strength and care.

This has basically cemented Genshiken Nidaime as the best of the Genshiken seasons for me. I'm surprised it's score is so much lower than the others.
Sep 16, 2013 10:43 AM

Jun 2009
When I read a manga, I usually do not watch the anime (or vice versa), but Genshiken Nidaime is an exception, because the anime manages to bring out a melancholic kind of feeling and also a pleasant feeling.
Sep 16, 2013 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
A tear of joy was shed.
Sep 17, 2013 3:35 PM

Jan 2012
Wow, by far my favourite Genshiken episode, and the whole confession scene in the latter part of the episode... Has to be one of my favourites ever. It just shows that when you're already attached to any given character, their emotions can be more easily felt. Madarame has been an awesome character in this series, and i thought that he'd never get the opprotunity to actually confess. But, how he swallowed his own doubts, just so that he could seize the moment his friends created for him, was amazing. And How Kasekabe dealt with him was just... It made me shed a few tears. Seeing as though i can relate with Madarame makes it even more emotional for me.
ThousandEyes said:
I loved that dramatic scene between Madarame and Kasukabe. Madarame is my favourite Genshiken character. His "Buy everything and worry about money later" philosophy as an otaku still makes me laugh to this day. It's sad and touching how much the original members have changed and at the same time not so much. Madarame just seems to be like that guy that doesn't feel exactly the same as he did in his youthful days without really knowing why. I forget which episode it was, but he said something like that. I feel the same.

"It was fun." And that relief...T_T

I wouldn't like Nidaime if Madarame wasn't in it. Glad he is.

^my thoughts exactly ^^
Sep 17, 2013 4:20 PM

Mar 2013
Best.... episode.... of.... Genshiken.... EVER!!!!

That is all.
Sep 17, 2013 5:28 PM
Sep 2013
I've waited the entire season for this one episode! So happy it came out as beautifully as it did in the manga. I just wished the staff kept the other small bits that happened in the manga within the anime as well, but I suppose that's a little something of a special secret for fans of both genres.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 20, 2013 11:11 PM

Oct 2012
Prolly one of the best episodes this season, loving this season.
Sep 21, 2013 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
YES! THE MOMENT WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!
(and no, I don't mean for Hato to admit he's gay for Madarame lol)

This was def. my favorite part of the new material from the manga, though to be honest, since this is supposed to be a 12 ep series, wouldn't this have been a good way to end the season (hence the episode title lol)

Sep 24, 2013 10:53 AM

Feb 2010
Best episode, seriously.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 24, 2013 12:36 PM

Nov 2010
Wow that was great!
Saki and Madarame ending this way

They got the emotions so right
Sep 25, 2013 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
One thing I did notice that kinda bugged me was when Saki mentions "the one time they all went over to Madarame's room and he was hiding S&M dvds in his desk" that part was in the original manga of course, however, in the original anime 1st series (episode 12) that follows those accounts (being that they go to each club members place to hang out due to Saki accidentally starting the fire that got them banned from clubroom) they only show a brief moment of them being at Madarame's place (in which that particular exchange was left out due to time restraints I'm assuming.) Also, when they are alone in the club and he tells her about the nose hair, she said that when she asked him about it long ago he said he forget about it (again, that was in the manga but not in anime, UNLESS, the OVA that's rumored to come out later that will be the tie-in between end of Genshiken 2 and Nidaime will contain that scene, I sure hope it does!)
So I dunno, I'm usually not as anal retentive about continuity but for some reason that kinda got my attention when that was mentioned in this ep since it technically never happened in the anime continuity...
bakaboySep 25, 2013 10:57 PM

Sep 27, 2013 3:54 AM
May 2012
bakaboy said:
One thing I did notice that kinda bugged me was when Saki mentions "the one time they all went over to Madarame's room and he was hiding S&M dvds in his desk"
for some reason that kinda got my attention when that was mentioned in this ep since it technically never happened in the anime continuity...

ikr
I just saw this episode, and kitten u genshiken, im watchin this serie just cause mada x saki, and this is what happen? rly? droped, rage quit
lol
Sep 27, 2013 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
It was the scene I was waiting for the most. It made me feel so nostalgic.
Sep 30, 2013 9:07 PM

Jan 2010
That was beautiful, and it hit really close to home. Madarame finally gets the closure he needed after all those years. *sobs*
Oct 6, 2013 2:58 PM

May 2012
Oooh that ending sure was suiting! Really nice they did rounded that connection off and well they surely did it quite proper! Lets see what's next!
Nov 4, 2013 7:19 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode !
It has the most re-watched value so far, for me. :p
Nov 17, 2013 3:15 AM

Aug 2013
This episode made me almost cry when saki said that she and mada could have a future together. I wasn´t expecting a reaction from me like this in this anime. Really good serie
Nov 17, 2013 4:47 PM
Oct 2008
Actually this episode made me cry (@UP) ;p. O-hisashiburi since i cried... last time i did was in march, so more than half of a year. Because of that moment i can say it's a good serie, but nothing compares to first two seasons :).
Dec 6, 2013 3:07 AM

Dec 2011
Wow, that was a great climax. I was a bit worried that this part would get corny or melodramatic, and I found it quite a relief that it was neither.
Jan 15, 2014 3:59 AM
May 2009
Feb 2, 2014 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
Such a beautiful episode... T_T made me feel very nostalgic! I was very happy to see all the original members together once again!

Loved that pic from the ending showing Saki x Madarame at the sushi bar!
Feb 10, 2014 4:39 PM

Mar 2013
As much as I despise the voice changes, I can't deny that this episode was amazing and filled with emotion. Madarame has always been The Main Character throughout all the series, and more importantly the most interesting and well liked. That includes emotional depth, attributes, strengths, and mainly weaknesses that we all can relate to. His unrequited love and feelings for Saki have surprising depth to them.
Mar 9, 2014 11:10 AM

May 2008
Madarame will move on and create his own har3m now!
May 11, 2014 6:52 AM
Aug 2007
Woow.. what an episode.. so glad that Madarame and Saki had that talk. It's amazing that we can reminisce about the past with these characters, I don't think any other anime has reminded me of "the good times" (for those characters) quite as well as this one.

I've really missed Saki all these episodes, so it was nice to see she is still the same.
Sep 27, 2014 1:18 AM

Feb 2013
Saki! Haven't seen her in a while. They got Madarame and Saki alone! He was shot down but he feels good now. I weight has been lifted for him and her. All's good. Good epiosde.
Jan 10, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2010
That end scene between Saki and Mada, loved it. While this season isn't as good as the previous 2, that is one of my favourite scenes in all of Genshiken, fantastic. I got a bit emo when Saki started tearing up.
Jan 18, 2015 1:49 AM

Jan 2014
Been waiting for this moment since years ago :')
The ship failed, but I'm happy tho :')

antonnn said:
That end scene between Saki and Mada, loved it. While this season isn't as good as the previous 2, that is one of my favourite scenes in all of Genshiken, fantastic. I got a bit emo when Saki started tearing up.

+++1
Jan 21, 2015 3:48 PM

Nov 2011
Mada x Saki 4ever.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 26, 2015 3:20 PM
Sep 2009
JALU3 said:
Spotted Flower

Thanks for the recommendation!!!
Feb 14, 2015 5:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
THE FEELS MAAAAAAAAAAN THE FEELS. ;-;
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 28, 2015 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
What a wonderful episode, one of the many important points of history is addressed and resolved, with a narrative that looks good compared to more famous TV series.
The atmosphere was so sad that a few tears as well I have paid.
But the most interesting thing now, after this event important, is to understand how the future will turn towards the Madarame-san.
The considerations of Saki, of who can be the possible girlfriend Madarame-san, leads me to think that the idea of a possible union of he with Keiko, is not so improbable, who knows!
However Saki and Madarame remain two of the characters who absolutely adore.
Drawings and animations excellent as usual, do not wait to savor the next episode
Jun 5, 2015 9:04 PM

Jan 2010
For me, the events of Genshiken lasted a few days. For the characters, it was four years. And, for the viewers who have followed Genshiken since its first airing, it has been about a decade. That last scene was quite something, but I can only wonder how it must feel to have watched these characters as they grew up.
Jan 10, 2016 11:34 PM

Apr 2011
Shocked said:
For me, the events of Genshiken lasted a few days. For the characters, it was four years. And, for the viewers who have followed Genshiken since its first airing, it has been about a decade. That last scene was quite something, but I can only wonder how it must feel to have watched these characters as they grew up.

Exactly, I thought the crush Madarame had on Saki was trivial, at least that is out it comes of in the first 2 series. But after all this time, it so worth it resolve in a such a beautiful and heartpulling manner. Why can't I contain all these feels??
Feb 1, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
Man, the atmosphere of the club room really changes with the old Genshiken gang around, huh? Specially with the presence of "mundane girl" Saki.

Well, besides what a lot of people have already said before, I really like that they show how much the other characters want Madarame to be happy. Kousaka saying he cares about him as well and Saki tearing up with relief after years of feeling like she was hurting the guy were a great testament to the previous group's friendship.

Shocked said:

My thoughts as well.

bakaboy said:
So I dunno, I'm usually not as anal retentive about continuity but for some reason that kinda got my attention when that was mentioned in this ep since it technically never happened in the anime continuity...

Well, just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Mentioning an event at a later point just means that it happened off-camera. Kinda like Sasahara and Ogiue's relationship development: it wasn't adapted, but it surely is true in the anime as well.
Dec 12, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
The best confession phrase : That day you had nose hair sticking out!.
It almost made me cry, it feels like a farewell, I don't want to see this anime end, but that's going to happen soon.
Aug 2, 2017 5:59 AM

Oct 2012
"Show me proof!"
I'm glad this is not Majikoi
If it was, he probably already show what's in his crotch xD

"I have a lot gay friends"
"Oh, reality"
Everyday I'm learning more and more how to become fujoshi xD

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Madarame :(
I guess that's why the spinoff exist

We've all come a very long way
At least the one rejecting Madarame is Misaka misaka and was Kagome xD
Rayl1ghtAug 2, 2017 6:05 AM
"Signature removed"
Jan 21, 2018 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
This is probably the best episode of Genshiken Nidaime I've watched so far, its sad that I didn't enjoy this season of Genshiken but damn this episode somehow reminds me of why I love the first Genshiken so frickin much.

English is my second language
Sep 16, 2018 4:18 AM

Nov 2011
My eyes were teared up a lot in this episode.. :'')
At last, Madarame and Saki's story has some kind of closure..
It really nostalgic indeed when I remember how the story from the beginning to this moment.. How Madarame evoluted from the most noisy member, to be more conventional, calm and timid mainly because he developed feelings for Saki..
And Saki always knew all of that and she felt terrible thinking that maybe she hurted Madarame by acting clueless about it..
Although they were always fighting in the past, they are really care with each other after all ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
May 24, 2019 2:45 AM

Jan 2017
b0177 said:
This is probably the best episode of Genshiken Nidaime I've watched so far, its sad that I didn't enjoy this season of Genshiken but damn this episode somehow reminds me of why I love the first Genshiken so frickin much.

Pretty much how I felt as well.

Most of this last season was a bit of a chore to get through for me because Hato just didn't even click in any way. I don't mind the crossdressing at all, but the inner monologues, the "I know sempai best!" shit that Keiko pointed out, the repressed artistic ability plot; none of it holds my interest in the slightest. I don't feel lined she made for a good main character.

Just the 5-10 minutes the original cast got to be around each other this episode blew the previous 10 in their entirety out of the water in my opinion.

Glad my guy Madarame finally gets that breath of release. Long overdue.
Mendokusai
Oct 17, 2019 9:30 PM

Dec 2018
Oh gosh I can't stop crying ><
Mar 27, 2020 4:42 PM

Jun 2008
Marcos_Aspira said:
Oh gosh I can't stop crying ><

Same, I cried buckets. Still in tears as I write this.
Best episode by far.

Jun 3, 2020 9:55 AM
Aug 2014
This episode really carries the whole season. Actually meaningful episode compared to previous
Jul 17, 2020 8:06 PM

Aug 2014
The scene with Madarame and Saki in the club room is hands down one of the best confession scenes I've ever seen in anime. And it's not even an "I like you". It's a fucking "YOU HAD A HAIR COMING OUT OF YOUR NOSE!". Pure Genshiken.

These two had more chemistry than most romance anime I've watched, really makes you think :')
Jan 30, 2022 12:51 AM

Jan 2020
Lmfao, “You had a hair coming out of your nose.” Glad that his feeling for her were resolved.
Mar 25, 2022 10:07 AM
Jun 2017
My boy was finally set free...
May 17, 2022 12:01 AM

Sep 2018
This just felt so unnecessary and blown out of proportion, this whole "my first crush" thing with Madarame, pretty surprised they went down that route tbh... It wasn't that emotional for me, cause I didn't think it all too important in the end.

Plus Saki being an annoying bitch with the "teasing", if you wanna call it that
Sep 1, 2022 6:45 AM
Dec 2021
Finally Mada expressed it in a ridiculous way to saki lol. and Saki realizes Mada was enjoying it from the start.
And why I love this show so much.

Axris29Jun 3, 2023 5:51 AM
Sep 16, 2022 12:56 AM

Jan 2020
Everyone is ganging up on Madarame. But, I agree with Saki, he should've just bedded Angela when he had the chance. Even if it was just a one-night stand.

Madarame fell in love with Saki's nose hair. Whatever works I guess.

This series really does treat its characters well. There is a good amount of development, especially across all the seasons. Seeing as I don't remember much about Season 1 anyway, I almost want to rewatch the entire series. But, maybe I'm just further ahead to check out the manga at some point in the future.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 27, 2023 8:31 AM
Dec 2021
This episode is fantastic.
Oct 27, 2023 2:19 PM
Sep 2016
Man, Genshiken is so great. This breezy, relatable SoL show always makes me tear up in the last quarter. So much heart.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

89 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 2, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

38 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

42 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.