Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (82) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2013 12:17 PM
Dec 2012
Hi, i need some recommendation, i need anime with NO COMEDY dark anime :)
Nov 4, 2013 1:25 PM

Apr 2011
Riwon said:
Psycho-Pass would definitely fit that description.
Nov 4, 2013 1:32 PM

Jul 2013
Riwon said:

I'm going to recommend Madoka Magica.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9756/Mahou_Shoujo_Madoka%E2%98%85Magica

Not only does it fit your description but it was arguably the best anime of last year. It's easy to watch, at only 12 episodes, it has near perfect pacing, and it has some surprising twists. Dark and memorable is this experience!
Nov 4, 2013 1:50 PM

Sep 2008
Riwon said:

Bokurano
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Shinsekai yori
Strait Jacket
Nov 5, 2013 4:29 AM

Feb 2013
For someone who has seen Akagi and is a fan of both school and game animes, would you recommend Saki? If so, would you be kind to expose a little of the anime in terms of amusement and captivating story/gameplay?
"The more you hope for, the more disappointed you get afterwards." - Miguel Lopes

[Profile] [Anime List] [Manga List] [Ecchi/Harem Club] [+20 Club]
Nov 5, 2013 5:14 AM

Sep 2008
Mikanime said:
For someone who has seen Akagi and is a fan of both school and game animes, would you recommend Saki? If so, would you be kind to expose a little of the anime in terms of amusement and captivating story/gameplay?

Saki is a mahjong moe comedy with a bit of shoujo ai of the two MC. Didn't watch Akagi, but know it style, and Saki is probably nowhere near. :P Saki is about cute girls with some kind of super powers playing mahjong. :P
I'm a fan of Saki, but not everybody is a fan of moe. For something school+game anime I'd recommend Chihayafuru. It's labeled as josei and has a bit girlish art style, but it's a great title for everybody to watch.
Nov 5, 2013 6:09 AM

Feb 2013
Konik said:
Mikanime said:
Saki is a mahjong moe comedy with a bit of shoujo ai of the two MC. Didn't watch Akagi, but know it style, and Saki is probably nowhere near. :P Saki is about cute girls with some kind of super powers playing mahjong. :P
I'm a fan of Saki, but not everybody is a fan of moe. For something school+game anime I'd recommend Chihayafuru. It's labeled as josei and has a bit girlish art style, but it's a great title for everybody to watch.
I already had a clue that Saki and Akagi are two shows completely different from one another except for the fact that both revolve around mahjong, you just confirmed that idea. :P
I confess that I was reluctant to watch this show since I'm not that much of a fan of moe, and I guess I'll just keep myself away from it for now. As for Chihayafuru, I already had heard about it and saw a few images of the show (indeed the art is a bit girlish, but I don't really complain about it), since you recommend it I'll probably give it a shot in a few weeks. However, I was looking for something with a little more intensity in it (you surely didn't noticed from my anime list, which you also probably didn't saw or care about, but I'm more of a sports/thriller guy), so if you remember anything that comes along these lines please say so. ;)
"The more you hope for, the more disappointed you get afterwards." - Miguel Lopes

Nov 5, 2013 6:36 AM

Sep 2008
Mikanime said:
I already had a clue that Saki and Akagi are two shows completely different from one another except for the fact that both revolve around mahjong, you just confirmed that idea. :P
I confess that I was reluctant to watch this show since I'm not that much of a fan of moe, and I guess I'll just keep myself away from it for now. As for Chihayafuru, I already had heard about it and saw a few images of the show (indeed the art is a bit girlish, but I don't really complain about it), since you recommend it I'll probably give it a shot in a few weeks. However, I was looking for something with a little more intensity in it (you surely didn't noticed from my anime list, which you also probably didn't saw or care about, but I'm more of a sports/thriller guy), so if you remember anything that comes along these lines please say so. ;)

I saw Your list, that's why I mentioned moe. :P As for intensity, Chihayafuru doesn't lack any. Especially when it enters the tournament part. And second season is even more intense. Chihayafuru is a josei anime, but in intensity it beats many sport shounen titles. I've watched first season almost in one go, cause the later episodes make You want to know what's happening next.
You might also try One Outs. It's not school, but has nice psychological aspect, and the MC makes it interesting to watch.
Nov 5, 2013 7:19 AM

Feb 2013
Konik said:
I saw Your list, that's why I mentioned moe. :P As for intensity, Chihayafuru doesn't lack any. Especially when it enters the tournament part. And second season is even more intense. Chihayafuru is a josei anime, but in intensity it beats many sport shounen titles. I've watched first season almost in one go, cause the later episodes make You want to know what's happening next.
You, sir, have achieved your goal of captivating my attention towards that anime. Right into my Plan To Watch list. :D

Konik said:
You might also try One Outs. It's not school, but has nice psychological aspect, and the MC makes it interesting to watch.
You have quite an eye for analyzing other people's interests, you've matched yet another anime I've got on my radar for later evaluation and possible visualization. :P If you had to break down One Outs into several parts of other animes, which ones would possibly they be?

Nov 5, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2008
Konik said:
You have quite an eye for analyzing other people's interests, you've matched yet another anime I've got on my radar for later evaluation and possible visualization. :P If you had to break down One Outs into several parts of other animes, which ones would possibly they be?
First of all One Outs doesn't concentrate on sport part. Baseball is just a background and a tool for the MC, who is a gambler(like Akagi/Kaiji). And he gables using baseball, and at the same time, he helps the team to become strong so in a way it's like Major/Diamond no Ace since he's a pitcher. So I'd call it a mix of Major/Diamond no Ace with Akagi/Kaiji.
Nov 5, 2013 10:02 AM
Dec 2012
nwmn84, konik, nagisa33 Thanks!!
Nov 5, 2013 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
Konik said:
I'd call it a mix of Major/Diamond no Ace with Akagi/Kaiji.
Loved that mix, seems like a very enjoyable anime. I have never seen a baseball anime, neither do I follow the sport in real life. Would it be necessary to properly understand the anime?

Nov 5, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2008
Mikanime said:
Konik said:
Loved that mix, seems like a very enjoyable anime. I have never seen a baseball anime, neither do I follow the sport in real life. Would it be necessary to properly understand the anime?

As long as You know general rules it's ok. They explain everything more complicated when it's needed.
Nov 5, 2013 11:47 AM

Feb 2013
Konik said:
Mikanime said:
Konik said:

As long as You know general rules it's ok. They explain everything more complicated when it's needed.
Convinced, will watch in a foreseeable future. Thanks for answering all my questions, good discussion we had here. :)

Nov 5, 2013 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
Looking for an anime like Air Gear and K Project, an anime with kings or groups of powerful people like To aru majutsu no index
AsenilNov 5, 2013 12:14 PM
Nov 5, 2013 1:18 PM

Sep 2008
KiraTakeo said:
Looking for an anime like Air Gear and K Project, an anime with kings or groups of powerful people like To aru majutsu no index

Tokyo Tribe 2 might be good. It has different than usual art style and music that nicely fits the gang wars style of this anime.
Nov 9, 2013 1:31 AM
Oct 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Meathaven said:
Anyone got some good recommendations?
I've really been into Slice of life/romance/comedy lately.
Please have a male protagonist and check out my profile to see the anime I have finished.

I got some.
I recommend Haruhi Suzumya series, Hyouka, Spice and Wolf, & Love, Chunibyou, and Other Delusions.

Love Hina
GJ-bu
Seitokai no Ichizon
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!
Toradora!Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Lovely★Complex
Nazo no Kanojo X
Princess Lover!
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
Ben-To
Kokoro Connect
Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
Nov 9, 2013 2:09 AM

Sep 2008
frozenkyle said:

Before answering a post, please look at the date.
Nov 9, 2013 5:30 AM
Oct 2013
sorry... my bad....
Nov 9, 2013 8:21 AM
Jun 2013
Romance Comedy animes anyone?
I love those dirty jokes of Zero no Tsukaima (sad it ended) and I really wanted another season of Sakurasou no pet
Shakugan no Shana was.. Well the last season was crap, and not much comedy. I'd appreciate dirty jokes a lot xD but not many out there so..
Watched Toradora! also, not bad..
So some suggestions? Zero no Tsukaima type also xD
1st post around here :)
Nov 9, 2013 8:30 AM

Sep 2008
goo_gle said:

Hello and welcome.
We usually wait for people to ask about what they want. :P
Nov 9, 2013 8:37 PM
Jun 2013
Konik said:
goo_gle said:

Hello and welcome.
We usually wait for people to ask about what they want. :P

Well, pardon me :P First post, so excuse me once :P
Any rules here?
Nov 10, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2008
goo_gle said:
Any rules here?

No trolling, don't post links to stream/direct download/torrents, that's all.
Nov 11, 2013 8:00 AM
Jun 2013
Konik said:
goo_gle said:
Any rules here?

No trolling, don't post links to stream/direct download/torrents, that's all.

Fair enough :D
So.. Any romcom animes with perverted jokes like Zero no Tsukaima? Really enjoyed it :D
Nov 12, 2013 11:44 PM
Nov 2013
heyy im really new to anime and have only really seen Baccano Code Geass and Redline please any recomedations would be awesome because i really dont no where to go from here thanx
Nov 13, 2013 2:18 AM

Sep 2008
HAMMERCHUCK said:
heyy im really new to anime and have only really seen Baccano Code Geass and Redline please any recomedations would be awesome because i really dont no where to go from here thanx

Since You've already seen Baccano, try Durarara!!
You might also try some classics like: Ghost in the Shell(movies and series), Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon.
Can try also Hellsing Ultimate and the new popular Shingeki no Kyojin.
Nov 13, 2013 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
Hi I'm kind of new to anime and I'm into rom-coms and slice of life anime like k-on and kimi ni todoke so i'm trying to look for something different other than that and don't know what to watch! Thanks :3

Nov 13, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2008
DeathUnicorn1 said:
Hi I'm kind of new to anime and I'm into rom-coms and slice of life anime like k-on and kimi ni todoke so i'm trying to look for something different other than that and don't know what to watch! Thanks :3

You might try different kind of SoL anime, like Aria the Animation and the rest of the series that are more fantasy like.
Also try Makoto Shinkai works: Byousoku 5 Centimeter, Kotonoha no Niwa, Hoshi no Koe, Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo, and Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho.
And since You liked KyoAni, migth go for more with Hyouka, which is again another type of SoL, this time mystery type.
Nov 13, 2013 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
Thank you! :D

Nov 13, 2013 4:43 PM

Nov 2012
HAMMERCHUCK said:
You may also like Death Note.
Nov 14, 2013 11:34 AM

Mar 2008
Hello :)
I'm looking for some new anime to watch, preferably it fits the following:
- must be completed
- preferably non-episodic
- preferably fantasy or slice of life-ish (but any genre is fine)
- not set in high school (is not a must though)

For some reason I find it very difficult to find an anime I'm actually enjoying recently, if I do I can finish it very quickly though :x
Nov 14, 2013 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
precious said:
- must be completed

For some reason I find it very difficult to find an anime I'm actually enjoying recently, if I do I can finish it very quickly though :x

Hi!
Try maybe, Berserk (fantasy/seinen) or GTO (comedy).
Conceicao_101Nov 14, 2013 12:01 PM
Nov 14, 2013 12:41 PM

Mar 2008
Conceicao_101 said:
precious said:
- must be completed

Hi!
Try maybe, Berserk (fantasy/seinen) or GTO (comedy).

GTO sounds good, will add to ptw and download - thank you :3
Berserk I'm reading the manga so not really interested in the anime.
Nov 14, 2013 1:03 PM

Oct 2012
@precious:
Here's a couple of anime, all are completed and not set in high school.
Juuni Kokuki (fantasy)
Slayers (fantasy)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
FLCL
Monster
Mononoke (episodic, has 5 different stories of 2-3 eps each I think)
Katanagatari (episodic, kind of fantasy-ish, but has more of a feudal japan setting)
Nov 14, 2013 1:06 PM

Sep 2008
precious said:
- must be completed

Fantasy: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Seirei no Moribito, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun(MC is a highschool girl but it doesn't deal much with schools)+ Railgun S + Toaru Majutsu no Index + Index II(all Toaru should be watched in that order for the least amount of spoilers), Zetsuen no Tempest, Juuni Kokuki, Slayers
And that's enough for now.
Nov 14, 2013 2:35 PM

Mar 2008
Thanks for all of the recommendations! ^_^ I really appreciate it - and so many fantasy-ish anime... I think I'll have enough for a few weeks, hehe.
I was planning to watch Railgun soon anyway, nice to know it got recommended here :3
Nov 14, 2013 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
Hey Rec club, I'm gonna ask my questions here rather than the comment section.

I've dropped a few animes and for some reason carry an undying guilt because so.

Danganronpa I dropped because it turned out to be a detective mystery type of thing. And if I really wanted that I would watch scooby doo. I remember there being a significant amount of gore and the like so if that's the case should I give it another chance???

Also, Devil Survivor 2. I watched the first 2 episodes if I remember, it seemed played out. I loved the theme song though. is it worth it??

They're both based on games if I recall but "I ain't about that life" in a matter of speak.
Nov 14, 2013 3:10 PM

Sep 2008
jamesjaimegarcia said:

I've dropped a few animes and for some reason carry an undying guilt because so.

Danganronpa I dropped because it turned out to be a detective mystery type of thing. And if I really wanted that I would watch scooby doo. I remember there being a significant amount of gore and the like so if that's the case should I give it another chance???

Also, Devil Survivor 2. I watched the first 2 episodes if I remember, it seemed played out. I loved the theme song though. is it worth it??

They're both based on games if I recall but "I ain't about that life" in a matter of speak.

In my opinion, no. Both are average anime. Danganronpa tries to be a detective type anime, but it fails. First of all, it's almost impossible to guess the culprit/solve the mystery, because the show doesn't give You all the information You need. They always use some information that wasn't shown in the crucial moment. It's like watching a walkthrough of a game, but without seeing the thought process, and all.

As for Devil Survivor, I can't even say what is wrong, because for me it failed in so many aspects. Again it's like watching a walkthrough of a game without getting everything You should know about it.

For me both aren't worth the time. Probably playing the game would be better. But watching the game play on it own is meh.
Nov 14, 2013 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
@Konik alright now I don't feel so bad.. haha. Thanks!
Nov 14, 2013 4:04 PM

Apr 2011
jamesjaimegarcia said:

I liked Danganronpa but I don't think I'd really recommend it to anybody since, like Konik mentioned, it kinda fails as a detective anime. As for Devil Survivor 2, that's a definite no for me. It's seriously the most mediocre anime I have ever seen. Mediocre basically in terms of everything too.
Nov 15, 2013 2:54 AM

Mar 2008
For Danganronpa I suggest playing the VN - if you're that interested in it. I also dropped both of them, I'd suggest watching some other anime instead ..
Nov 19, 2013 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
I'm looking for some more anime to watch right now I am only watching two that are currently airing. (Ars Nova and Machine-doll) Any recommendations that I haven't seen would be appreciated.
Nov 19, 2013 1:05 PM

Mar 2008
maybe you could try out Psycho-Pass
and maybe Serial Experiments Lain (not sure how much you're into psychological anime, but you do like NGE)
and if you want another airing anime, I suggest Kyousougiga (TV) - watch episode 00 first, then the TV-series
Nov 19, 2013 3:54 PM

Sep 2008
seelteam6 said:
I'm looking for some more anime to watch right now I am only watching two that are currently airing. (Ars Nova and Machine-doll) Any recommendations that I haven't seen would be appreciated.

I see You've just watched first GITS movie(didn't need to watch 2.0 since it's almost the same). Should have watched Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence instead. Also might watch GITS: Stand Alone Comlex both series. Might also try Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail since You've already seen both series.
Aside from that I'll go with classics like Cowboy Bebop, Beck(for some drama), Ergo Proxy(for some weird stuff), Hellsing Ultimate(for some hardcore action), Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, Redline(for something over the top), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann(for something even more over the top).
Nov 20, 2013 11:32 AM

Jul 2013
Alright, thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to check out Serial Experiments Lain, then probably Ergo Proxy.
Nov 20, 2013 11:29 PM
Nov 2013
im just still getting into anime but i would really like if someone could please give me a list on must watch anime because all i hear about is things that are like currently airing so i would like to no about great classics thanx
Nov 21, 2013 1:05 AM

Oct 2012
@Hammerchuck
here's a list with some popular anime:
Angel Beats
Clannad
Cowboy Bebop
Eureka Seven
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Great Teacher Onizuka
Hajime no Ippo
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Kara no Kyoukai
Kino no Tabi
Monster
One Piece
Shinsekai yori
Slayers
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Sword Art Online
Toradora
Nov 21, 2013 1:07 AM

Oct 2013
When it comes to must watch animes I think its different from every person to another. But I could say some you could watch.

Movies:

Akira: Real classic movie, which is set in the future.

Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi: Also known as Spirited Away. Its beautiful.

Stranger: Mukou Hadan: Not to old movie but has good action and solid story.

Redline: Also a newer movie. If you like racing this movie is perfect.

Howl no Ugoku Shiro: A childhood goodie. Same creators as Spirited Away.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo: Good movie which bring some feels.

Hotaru no Haka: Classic movie about the second world war.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anime shows:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: True classic. Have a good story and is good overall.

Hellsing: Over the top action with vampires. Had alot of fun watching this.

Hellsing Ultimate: An OVA of the original Hellsing but with a new and better story.

Ergo Proxy: Modern classic. Very complex story and always make you clueless.

Berserk: Classic anime. Set in medieval time and has good action.

Ookami to Koushinryou: Also known as Spice and Wolf. Goodie.

Hope thats enought for now. Just ask at anytime if you have more questions and I will be sure to help out,
SplitternyNov 21, 2013 1:13 AM
Nov 21, 2013 1:32 AM
Nov 2013
thanx very much
@splitterny
@laniaka
Nov 23, 2013 4:13 PM
Nov 2013
All I can say is that I've been looking to get into something new and I've been having a hard time finding any reliable source for a recommendations so I figured I'd try here. All I can say is look over my list and please, just throw out whatever you can come up with.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (82) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.