Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 14, 2013 8:48 PM

Jul 2012
Ah, Alice speaking english...I loved it xD

What she said was random but I thought it was somewhat poetic. I thought she was reciting a poem at first, until she mentioned Poppy.

I don't ship Aya and Yoko but I don't mind it and it's practically canon :P
Sep 14, 2013 10:05 PM

May 2013
At this rate Ayaya will start to have wet dreams with Youko in no time >_<

There was one scene that confused me, when Alice and Shino were in their room and said that love (snow) will start falling soon, suminee started to shiver, was it because she does not like her Shino yuri inclinations (more like Shino would hump anything blonde)?
Sep 14, 2013 10:43 PM

Jan 2013
Did Alice really get a rock and a few photos of Shino for christmas?
Sep 15, 2013 2:05 AM

Feb 2009
mangamuscle said:
At this rate Ayaya will start to have wet dreams with Youko in no time >_<

There was one scene that confused me, when Alice and Shino were in their room and said that love (snow) will start falling soon, suminee started to shiver, was it because she does not like her Shino yuri inclinations (more like Shino would hump anything blonde)?

She may be a member in F.A. club as the teacher.

GrimmGalaxy said:
Ah, Alice speaking english...I loved it xD

What she said was random but I thought it was somewhat poetic. I thought she was reciting a poem at first, until she mentioned Poppy.

I don't ship Aya and Yoko but I don't mind it and it's practically canon :P

She talked about Cotswolds.
Now i really want to go to Cotswolds. That town is like coming out of fairy tale.
Dù cho biển cạn núi mòn,
Server còn chạy, ta còn chơi game.
Sep 15, 2013 5:23 AM

Jan 2008
Anime Japanese girls going to school in winter with bare legs always gives me shivers. Not to mention Karen in her Santa's costume after the party... get some tights, for the love of God!
Sep 15, 2013 7:10 AM

Aug 2011
It's been a while since I heard Alice speak a lot of English so I enjoyed this one a lot. What a hilarious and cute ep. The dream at the end left me in stitches.
Sep 15, 2013 8:13 AM

Aug 2012
A rock? Really?
Sep 15, 2013 8:34 AM

May 2009
Aversa said:
Isami running in with that wooden blade was funny, especially Alice reaction towards it.
That must have been one nightmare for her to even lose Japanese speech for a while, she got over it pretty fast tho.

She never lost it, she was faking it to make Shino like her again. She slipped out of her role a few times whenever something was said that bothered her.

Normally in anime Japanese schools seem pretty strict about dress code but seeing how often the girls appear with different outfits at the school that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Well, they did say that Karen was lucky to not have been spotted by anyone when she was wearing the kimono.

Still, I agree that they seem to have a fairly relaxed dress code nonetheless, given Alice's pink vest and Karen's Union Jack parka that they can safely wear over their uniforms without any trouble. And then there's the Santa outfits...

I loved Alice's random English. For a while, I'm not sure if Karen and the teacher truly understood what she said, but I did like how they just said that Shino should handle it by herself.

And Alice has strange nightmares, though they're very cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2013 10:12 AM

Dec 2011
jofori89 said:

She talked about Cotswolds.
Now i really want to go to Cotswolds. That town is like coming out of fairy tale.

The village her home is based on is Castle Combe, which is near the southeast edge of the Cotswolds. A map can be found here of the area: http://maps.cotswoldsaonb.com/#

The nearest station to the village is Chippenham, but the platform view Shino arrives on is the (much smaller and further) station at Kemble. Probably just because it's a lot more picturesque. If you want a bus timetable for getting to Castle Combe, the main bus is this one: http://waa.ai/BMu

Of course, you may want to explore the rest of the area as well. I was in Stroud a few weeks back, which is very nice for a functioning town (as opposed to one that basically exists purely for tourists like Castle Combe does).
kuuderes_shadowSep 15, 2013 10:16 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 15, 2013 12:48 PM

Jun 2012
haha, I liked that translation- "You know how Ayaya is always saying 'Yoko this, Yoko that'?" xD I like the friendship between Aya and Yoko.
I like the way Karen speaks xD

5/5. One more )=

Sep 15, 2013 6:19 PM

Oct 2012
Shino is really a terrible at giving gifts
Sep 16, 2013 4:48 AM

Apr 2011
Why is Isami feeling cold when Shino mentions "love is falling"?
Sep 16, 2013 11:39 AM

Jul 2013
The Engrish in this anime never fails to amuse me.
Sep 17, 2013 1:56 AM

Oct 2011
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK. ONE MORE EPISODE. NOOOOOO. EVERY EPISODE HAS BEEN CUTE AND EVERY EPISODE HAS BEEN VERY ENJOYABLE AND EASILY A 5

Lol at Karen trolling Alice "Yoko this, Yoko that" Alice was so cuteeeee.

Lol at last scene. Alice was the family pet xD.

Ayaya dreaming of Yoko saying she was more beautiful in her dreams so Yoko must be grateful to her xD
Sep 17, 2013 5:01 AM

May 2010
Aya is such a romanticist xD I wanted to see her in a santa outfit :/ Shino's treasure lol. Isami is fashionable even when going to sleep, woah... Karen in a kimono, so cute! And her english, so amaazing as always! So hilarious that it was Shino's fault even when she was just acting xD

Onee-sans, huh. Really loved this chapter.

Btw what the hell is wrong with people's taste? Just a 7.30 for this awesomeness, a mere 7.30??? I would totally give it a 9.
Sep 17, 2013 10:48 AM

Apr 2012
Merry Christmas Alice! Have a er... Rock! ^_^
Sep 22, 2013 8:47 AM

Jun 2010
CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS EPISODE ON CHRISTMAS.

Sep 22, 2013 12:31 PM
Mar 2013
Someone's precious or valuable thing can be worthless to someone else. Even that is a familiar story, I was surprised that Shino gave Alice the stone. Hehe...
Sep 25, 2013 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
Lol Youko is just an idiot.. Remember idiot can't catch a cold xD
Well, Alice.. japanese people religion is different with England

Lol @ sensei... This maybe be a big spoiler : Sensei don't have a boyfriend xD

Wow, all of those christmas light.. so pretty..
Umm.. I don't understand that nightmare art (Alice's crying and Isa-nee's carrying wooden sword)
Oh Youko, you can't just say "what's with this narration?", Well she's the tsukkomi xD

Lol after ED.. Youko=>Grandpa, Ayaya=>Mother, Shino=>Daughter, Alice=>Pet, Sensei=>Daughter 2.... where's Karen?

Aw, last ep next week? I'll miss this...
"Signature removed"
Sep 28, 2013 9:06 PM

Apr 2013
Karen is cute!
Sep 29, 2013 4:48 AM

Nov 2012
in Japan christmas mean something like love ? :3
I just realize it too :p
Oct 12, 2013 6:40 PM

May 2012
Dat rock! Pretty nice xmas episode, lets see what the last episode has to offer from this overly cute anime!
Oct 15, 2013 10:08 AM

Oct 2012
Dat ending dream :) And they are going to high school already? Yay! :)
Oct 17, 2013 4:32 PM

Oct 2011
One of my favourite episodes so far! Nice end to Alice's first school year in Japan.
Dec 31, 2013 2:51 AM
May 2012
Ohh Engrish, how I miss you ahahahaha.

Christmas lights are really nice, especially at night!!!!

A rock for a gift ahahaha. That last dream was funny too.
Apr 6, 2014 1:43 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode cute as the performance, the narrative also takes advantage of the presence of Isami, great.
This makes it the longest running storyline that sees a new step forward, I like it.
Simple and cute, not bad. Pleasant in the end this episode, which is also a kind of self-criticism to the Japanese company that made Christmas yet another opportunity to be exploited for commercial purposes.
Think about it folks, a little dig by a girl so pretty, can become a boulder if well exploited! ^ _ ^
terrablu2003Apr 6, 2014 1:46 AM
Apr 13, 2014 11:57 PM

Jan 2014
freakin shino.. a rock lmfao
[right]
Apr 17, 2014 5:01 PM

Oct 2013
Alice's insecurity brings on disturbing dreams.

Shino's greatest treasure = a rock!
May 15, 2014 8:42 AM
Mar 2014
Cuteness overload.

I require pics of Alice dressed in her UK costume.

Lol at the English though. Oh and I loled so much at the frickin' rock.
muur1234May 15, 2014 8:45 AM
Jun 12, 2014 7:13 AM

Mar 2014
Yoko I am with you!! but it doesn't meant that I am a baka too!! ... just kidding!! I don't really care if I am a baka or not .. as long as I am "proud" of myself , I Don't care about what I am .
Winter/Christmas season!!!
I am proud of you alice!!
LOVE. .. hyper love for karen lol!!
Love and peace for all!!
Santa karen looks great!!
Woah... I haven't seen this much christmas lights in any other animes!! Its great!!
A Full Depiction of a Simple Christmas!! Simplicity is good!!
Alice is excited haha!!
A Rock from England ... WTF .. Shino ... your greatest treasure is a ROCK .. maybe it holds some unique properties ..!? or not .. air-head as usual.
White Christmas!!
That Wooden sword ... Isami is armed!!
wait... What the heck is happening!? Why Does everyone has a different personality than before!!? Did something happen after Alice dream !!?
Aya is more straight-forward in "flirting" with Yoko.. even saying she is a great person or something in her dreams. Alice just became a Full-accent English mode .. who forgot how to speak decent Japanese. also, Shino just became the concern motherly-shy type of character!!
hmm.. or its just Alice that have changed!? lol.. confusion over 50%.
New Year!!
Alice speaking Full English!! *Nosebleeds* .. Alice is.. Kawaii!!
She is talking Random Things ... Alice.. have natto for a break.
Those two didn't understand at all ...
Oh.. I think She Talks about her life ... things like Poppy , work , Food , family and etc ...
She's back to normal!! Its nice to have you back again Alice!! ... "bleeds".
That Shino in alice's dream... Somehow I like her attitude lol!! Its sadist much..
Shino... I just realiZed how kind and nice are you to others . Keep up the good work :D
Woah!! Timeskips alot!! Where's Valentines and White Day... oh It doesn't have the "romance" genre on the first place.. so I think They didn't include it . (But There's a Yuri genre...)
Graduation !! Not them.
Pretty good Episode!!!
Alice's face when she sleeps!! so kawaii!!
Well.. That Family ... Alice is the pet!! grandfather Yoko lol!!
Aya being a mother is perfect for her!!
Daughter 1 is Shino !! Daughter 2 is Sensei!? woah.. A big sister.
Note : Advanced Merry Christmas and Happy New year to this anime and to everyone :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2014 8:57 PM

Jan 2014
Most yuri episode especially as far as Shino x Alice, with Alice going on about spending her "Japanese Christmas" with Shino and yelling "I like you!", and then Shino saying love is the colour of Alice's heart :D

"even if you become a samurai" I'm sure we all tried to picture Alice and Karen as samurai ;) and then flustered Aya was so cute again.
Sep 9, 2014 6:33 PM

Feb 2013
Christmas episode! And more Engrish! I like how Alice pointed out the origin of Christmas and wasn't just a holiday for couples. Lol at Shino's present for Alice. She can get as many of those when she returns back to England. So they all graduate this episode. They're second years now. Good episode.
Nov 26, 2014 1:08 AM

Aug 2009
Shino's troll gift

Alice anti-trolled her with memory loss... which was adorable :3

Loved the skit at the end <3

Dammit only 1 ep left... but fear not! For there is season 2!
Jan 3, 2015 12:20 AM

May 2013
Hyper love for Christmas! Alice gets a rock and I get Karen in a Santa costume! (^_^)

You know something's wrong when Shino's Hello can't do anything.
Lol, Karen wants to be a samurai.
Dat dream tho.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Feb 8, 2015 2:59 AM

Jan 2013
Karen on a santa outfit, so cute.
I liked when Alice started talking in English, you can become a samurai if you are too much Japanese. Hilarious.
Feb 14, 2015 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
Far more romantic than increased allowance ...

LOVE and PEACE, i'm really tempted to put a Trigun gif here

I rather get coal for christmas than a rock from England

Apr 14, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2010
Alice's fluent engrish was good to hear ^_^
Karen is always teasing Ayaya saying ''Yoko Yoko'' :D
Apr 14, 2015 9:07 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It felt more like Alice's rock present was coal valued lol
Her English only act was quite act cute. Blurbing out anything that she said.

xD
Shino treated Alice like a dog at the end xD

Dec 28, 2015 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
Not the best KM episode, but still kawaii and watchable.

Hyper love for Christmas... that sounds neat.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jun 5, 2016 7:01 AM

Aug 2013
Hahahaha :D Karen and her sinister laughter. I died :D
Also, Shino :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 8, 2016 7:46 PM

Feb 2013
So Christmas in Japan is about couples? Interesting.
Mar 29, 2019 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
Getting a stone for Christmas.. Well, at least it wasn't coal.. Shino has really strange mind.. Like, she's into exotic outfits, but this present.. Is she sometimes egocentric or something maybe?.. I shouldn't be talking like that, though.. But really, a stone.. Hehe.. Kill me..
What are these bizarre happenings with Alice?.. ;p It all feels very surreal..
Oh, I wonder, if they'll start new year in different classes.. It'll be especially sad to see Aya separated from Youko, and Shinobu from Alice.. I'd like to see them together.. ;/
Apr 19, 2020 12:19 PM

Sep 2018
Very nice episode, in which the comedy is the usual: based on misunderstandings and word games, and also embarrassing moments, but still all cute and funny, and never stupid or vulgar. Christmas? Ah! That period seems so far after the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Dec 30, 2020 3:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So now we have christmas and new year, not surprising xD it was cute
Feb 27, 2021 1:59 PM

Feb 2020
A rock? Possible the worst Christmas present ever. xD Karen was so cute in her Santa costume. <3

SerafosJun 21, 2022 11:43 AM
May 3, 2021 11:13 AM
Jun 2016
To be fair, I think Santa as a concept came from the West. So Karen isn't being "more Japanese than English" by wearing a Santa dress.

Well, I guess this episode confirms the existence of Christianity in their universes. I mean, other anime have Christmas as well, but still. Also kind of funny that Alice thought to herself "so English" when she learnt that her teacher prayed during the holidays. As if the UK is the only Christian country, lol.

Doesn't Japan have schools that use vests in their uniforms? Yeah, I just found it a bit odd that they found the uniform that Alice was wearing to be "too British." It looks like something out of Harry Potter, I guess? I'm not from those countries so I don't know what are the major differences between the two's vest uniforms.

I'm guessing this is the "obligatory drama episode in a cute girls doing cute things anime," huh?
Mar 13, 2022 12:08 PM

Nov 2017
Hm, probably would've been better for me to have watched this during the holidays. I'll have to make a note of that for future reference lol.

Still enjoyed the episode, of course
Jun 22, 2022 2:35 PM

Feb 2020
That rock. xD Shino is pretty bad at giving gifts.

Santa Karen was adorable. :3 <3

I could listen to Alice's random English forever. It sounds so hilarious.
Jul 2, 2022 8:51 PM
Aug 2021
why the drama
why why why why
this show is sad
Sep 18, 2022 7:19 AM

Jan 2020
Everybody being mean to poor Inokuma. So mean, so hurtful.

Aya is constantly dreaming about Inokuma. Aya x Inokuma when? Where yuri?

That was a weird bit of drama with Alice and Shinobu. Especially since it seemed to be entirely fabricated by Alice.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jul 6, 2013

208 by Daviljoe193 »»
Apr 8, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 21, 2013

183 by Nex1014 »»
Mar 8, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 17, 2013

73 by ChibiiiAlex »»
Feb 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 7, 2013

69 by DragonX11 »»
Sep 24, 2023 4:36 AM

Poll: » Kiniro Mosaic Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 31, 2013

90 by DragonX11 »»
Sep 2, 2023 8:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.