Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 26, 2013 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
Men that episode was epic, Togami vs Kirigiri shit just got real. So Naegi is executed but saved (phew), so we get a final trial coming next up and so huge team work pretty amazing.
Sep 26, 2013 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
ramen cup Kirigiri and she just swiped them off without a care in the world.

Kirigiri is so smart.

and then Monokuma is becoming more like Kuma from Persona 4...which i have anticipated in the first ep. well worth the wait lol
Sep 27, 2013 1:40 AM

Mar 2013
Werchiel said:
Worst episode so far. After Naegi was "killed" by Kirigiri... For all intent and purpose he did got killed or rather she wanted him to die - she ahd no idea about the virus that had saved his life so in her mindset she was killing him. Now what happens when she confronts him later on? How does he react after seeing the person who literally condemned him to death? He is happy to see her and says that it's ok. I can take a lot of bullshit but this? He got betrayed and led to death and when he sees the person who did this he's relieved? Fuck you.

I've basically been thinking this as I read through 8 pages of "Kirigiri's so badass" and "aww Kirigiri x Naegi."

I mean, I thought she had damn sexy legs too but Wtf guys? Are you really just going to completely ignore this? I get that he's basically Super Duper Highschool Jesus and as such forgives everyone - and that half of you didn't care if he died in the first place so you didn't even bother to apply any logic to this - but no matter how you look at it she showed virtually no remorse for throwing him under the bus, which makes all that cute Kirigiri x Naegi in the rubbish heap bit quite a stretch, regardless of how forgiving he is.

She basically shot down any development they'd had with one another in one fell swoop; doubly so considering that the whole time she was setting him up to die he could have called her out on it but didn't.

That cold-hearted bitch did have nice legs though.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Sep 27, 2013 2:42 AM

May 2008
Pusswookie said:
Werchiel said:
Worst episode so far. After Naegi was "killed" by Kirigiri... For all intent and purpose he did got killed or rather she wanted him to die - she ahd no idea about the virus that had saved his life so in her mindset she was killing him. Now what happens when she confronts him later on? How does he react after seeing the person who literally condemned him to death? He is happy to see her and says that it's ok. I can take a lot of bullshit but this? He got betrayed and led to death and when he sees the person who did this he's relieved? Fuck you.

I've basically been thinking this as I read through 8 pages of "Kirigiri's so badass" and "aww Kirigiri x Naegi."

I mean, I thought she had damn sexy legs too but Wtf guys? Are you really just going to completely ignore this? I get that he's basically Super Duper Highschool Jesus and as such forgives everyone - and that half of you didn't care if he died in the first place so you didn't even bother to apply any logic to this - but no matter how you look at it she showed virtually no remorse for throwing him under the bus, which makes all that cute Kirigiri x Naegi in the rubbish heap bit quite a stretch, regardless of how forgiving he is.

She basically shot down any development they'd had with one another in one fell swoop; doubly so considering that the whole time she was setting him up to die he could have called her out on it but didn't.

Have you played the game?
In the game she saved Naegi out of the garbage bin because she's thankful for keeping her secret (the key), not because of what she done to him during the class trial.
Sep 27, 2013 3:37 AM

Mar 2013
Psyche_Izaya said:
Pusswookie said:
Werchiel said:

Have you played the game?
In the game she saved Naegi out of the garbage bin because she's thankful for keeping her secret (the key), not because of what she done to him during the class trial.

Saved him out of the garbage bin that her actions directly put him in. In fact, if she only saved him because Gosh, he sure was awfully considerate while she stabbed him in the back - the front, really - then that just makes it worse.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Sep 27, 2013 8:04 PM

May 2011
Heart almost stopped when I thought Naegi was about to die. Then I remembered he's the protagonist xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 6:13 AM

May 2013
i love how they do the executions
Sep 29, 2013 10:40 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
dat brainstorm episode
Oct 1, 2013 11:01 AM

Sep 2012
I kept saying to myself, Naegi kun isnt gonna die Naegi kun isnt gonna die,
then he started sweatn and got closer,
and my sister comes out of kno where and says "HES THE MAIN CHARACTER HE CANT DIE"

and then Alter Ego shows up,
phew.

ALSO
i couldnt help but to sing snake eater when they climbed that latter
Oct 2, 2013 1:13 AM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:

Decent OST this episode. HOLY SHIT, Naegi got voted as GUILTY. I was NOT expecting this.

This. Awesome OSTs. I wasn't expecting that too, the part about Naegi. I thought that he would surely die, but when Alter Ego saved him, I was kind of disappointed, but oh well, here comes the finale!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2012
Awesome I almost thought he was a gonner :p and well good to see AlterEgo again and to see him survive and rescued by Kyouko was quite nice so lets see what will happen next!
Oct 12, 2013 9:14 AM
May 2012
Damn I don't know what to say!!!! I guess I should just watch the next episode :D
Oct 24, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
During Naegi's execution, Monobear was teaching him how to make babies XDXDXD
Dec 8, 2013 5:39 PM

Nov 2011
I don't get it, so how is this fair to the person who actually committed the murder and got away with it? Someone should be angry yet no one seems to show it. Does that mean, none of the 6 committed the murder? Does it have to be kirigiri killing to save?

The deal seems a bit too good to be true since the best ending they could have gotten before is like 1 or 2 of them living at best.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 28, 2013 5:57 PM

Jul 2013
That episode made grip to the edge of my seat! I was freaking out when Naegi was executed, but phew he was safe~ Can't wait for the last 2 episodes!
Apr 21, 2014 10:09 PM

Jun 2013
Shit, I really thought Naegi got executed!
Apr 29, 2014 4:45 AM
Oct 2013
If I was Naegi I would've spilled the beans. I'm not dying for someone who I think I can trust. In the end it all paid off but it still was a big risk. It just really pissed me off how he didn't say anything. I was glad he didn't die and I think him forgiving the other students was a special moment. Made me feel warm inside :D
May 31, 2014 10:33 AM

Feb 2013
Oh god, Naegi, I almost die with you.
Jun 16, 2014 3:53 AM

Jun 2013
When I played the game, there were certain choices to pick:
a. Call on her
b. Don't call her
c. Run away,
First, I picked letter a, so Kirigiri was guilty(although she was not) then she was executed(just like how Naegi was nearly executed) then years later, the four survivors live in peace in the academy, (Fukushima died, I guess? Because Togami was holding her picture frame while the others were carrying their babies, it's kinda funny, right?).
Then that was the wrong end.
Then second, I picked letter b. So the result was just like in the anime. Naegi was nearly executed, but thanks to Alter Ego. :))
Jul 12, 2014 8:05 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't expect them to actually vote Naegi as guilty O__O Really thought he's a goner.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 13, 2014 1:30 PM
Nov 2013
Neizaru said:
Did I miss something crucial, or has Kirigiri just tried to kill Naegi to save her hide and nobody seems to give a damn? Sure he's a boring, flat protagonist that nobody cares about and surely nobody would choose him over the cool detective girl, but shouldn't he be at least a little pissed about it? I mean it looks like "Yes, you just tried to murder me in cold blood, but I got saved by something completly random so all is fine and let's immidiately forget about it" :D

StickyWizard said:
Werchiel said:

Read below:

Dudewitbow said:

Kirigiri knows that if she died, no one else would have a chance at living since shes the one they want to target and she is the holder of the key. Albeit, she still has a purpose on why shes still playing the game, her life was technically more valuable than his.

And

kimizeroxcv said:

Besides, why did you blame only Kirigiri? She's NOT THE ONLY ONE who vote for Naegi, you know?
Executing her will only lead to bad end.
Oh... and if you have forgot, Kirigiri have already save Naegi during the night he almost got stabbed, remember? She didn't get any praises from you guys for that and yet in this episode, you bitch her all you want because she (and everyone else) 'sacrifice' Naegi... That's really depressing.
She NEED to live for the survival of others. She IS the key after all.

and

soldierx5001 said:

i don't even know why they kept blaming kirigiri. did they forgot that naegi was supposed to die in that one night in the previous episode and kirigiri is the one who save him. To repay his debt, Naegi can at least sacrifice his life for her, wasn't it?

did you forgot that kirigiri knows that naegi knows about her key and in the end, it was naegi who got to decide to expose her lie or not. in the game, if naegi survive and kirigiri die, naegi would eventually gave up in the searching for the answer. besides, Naegi knows that to survive, they need to take risks just like what kirigiri has told him before.

i didn't mention about the trials, since everyone work together for that one so they're basically saving each other unlike when naegi almost got stabbed. they need each other to survive the trials but for the survival in the school, it would be a whole different matter. so, in other words, outside class trials, naegi owes his life to kirigiri at least once so for him to sacrifice himself is a right thing to do.
greatdeathmistJul 14, 2014 12:32 PM
Aug 4, 2014 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
Hmmm... Now this is interesting. I hope Togami doesn't die. I felt happy for a moment that Naegi was going to be executed, then I realized he didn't do it and he was being set up. Which kinda killed it. Because Naegi doesn't seem to be the one who kills someone.
Aug 26, 2014 10:17 PM

Feb 2013
Damn! I was freaking out that Naegi was about to be killed. He was so close to getting killed too. I was really relieved that he didn't die right there. Naegi was climbing the ladder first. Guess he didn't get to see Kirigiri's panties. So they all have a chance to escape if they can find the truth or they will all die. I really can't tell which it's gonna be. I feel like it can go either way. Great episode!
Apr 28, 2015 5:00 PM

Nov 2014
I was so nervous for Naegi, I thought for a second they were really about to kill off the main character, thank god for Alter Ego!

Looks like things are about to get really intense. Final trial D:
Sep 26, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2015
Ohhh Kirigiri is a detective...

Naegi is saved by Alter Ego... nice. I still can't get around the national broadcast survival game and the photo that Alter Ego found. I wonder what that means

Mar 12, 2016 11:45 PM

Sep 2012
Great episode. 2 more left
Mar 18, 2016 10:06 AM

Jul 2013
Glad Naegi was rescued by alter ego's virus although he shouldn't have gone if he didn't do it anyway, frame job, pfft.

Kirigiri really is a detective and her dad was principal.

If they figure out the schools secrets they all get to walk away! I hope they manage it!
Apr 26, 2016 6:36 PM

Jun 2013
Dang Kirigiri is SMART. I'll admit that I suspected that she was the agent at first by the way she was behaving and all but she's good.

She's smart enough to manipulate Monokuma... but is she? I don't know. This series might just surprise me and kill everyone last minute.
臭い-
Jun 4, 2016 5:04 PM

Sep 2015
Bibimbapski said:
Dang Kirigiri is SMART. I'll admit that I suspected that she was the agent at first by the way she was behaving and all but she's good.

She's smart enough to manipulate Monokuma... but is she? I don't know. This series might just surprise me and kill everyone last minute.

Am I the only one that isn't that fond of her after she left Naegi to die in her place? It was incredibly cruel but no one here seems to think so :/
Jul 6, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
Something is wrong... First in las episode that bomb doesn't kill Genocider and now after this big fall Naegi and Kirigiri don't even have broken legs/arms. This is anime where people die?

Also on this ladder... Kirigiri should go first and almost fall on Naegi face :D
And we still don't know who died and who killed or maybe no one at all died?

Anyway the ending of this anime is way better than start. Lets see the final :O
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Dec 9, 2016 8:56 PM

Aug 2012
Gotta say, case 5 was the best adapted arc so far. I think it helps a lot that the class trial is less about whodunnit and more about the peculiar circumstances surrounding this case. It's a shame that so many characters had to die before the anime was capable of adapting the material this well though. To be honest, I'm still concerned about the quality of the remaining episodes.
Dec 17, 2016 9:13 PM

May 2013
Alter Ego, you da best <33333333

I'm glad they all felt shit for what they did to Naegi. He's too good to them, forrealz. I would've been so pissed D:<
Feb 9, 2017 8:25 AM
Aug 2014
So the whole rule about killing everyone, but the culprit if they convicted the wrong person just conveniently didn't apply any more?

They should've just let Naegi die rather than go with Alter Ego ex Machina.
Sep 20, 2017 10:21 PM

Dec 2012
Makoto is guilty? NO!
LMFAO at Monokuma teaching Makoto how life strats.
Alter Ego?
Makoto fell.
Hmm...April 1st on the board.
Makoto won't give up. *proceeds to go to sleep* lol
LAWD! DAT KYOUKO LEG! Dat booty. Dat piece of back skin.
lol at the cup on Kyouko's head.
Dem Kyouko crossed legs.
Dem Kyouko legs up the ladder. Damn it. Show the pantsu.
Kyouko remembered who she is. Super High School Level Tantei.
The true solution arc will now begin.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 30, 2017 1:35 AM

Sep 2011
So it's time for the last trial. Just two more episodes.

Naegi is really the luckiest student, he is worthy of his title.
Dec 18, 2017 11:39 AM

Apr 2016
At this point, I like the course of the story.

Finally, they can finally compete directly against Monokuma. Anything else would have made no sense after Naegi was wrongfully convicted.

Hopefully the finale will be just as interesting
Mar 16, 2019 8:18 AM

Feb 2019
And so we approach the finale - Everything has been awesome so far, I hope they don't mess it up :/
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jun 17, 2019 8:17 PM

Dec 2018
Unusual_Kmc said:
And so we approach the finale - Everything has been awesome so far, I hope they don't mess it up :/

I love the reactions of those who didn't play the game. It shows that the anime can hold it's own. However, you SHOULD play it! Real fun and a whole lot more story, trust me. I'm just watching this after playing all three games.
Jul 14, 2019 9:07 AM

Oct 2017
I thought,that Naegi would dead ,but he's MC then it would looks weird

Last two episodes would be the most interesting of all
Apr 27, 2020 5:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least he's alive
Apr 27, 2020 5:26 PM

Mar 2019
He was saved by the computer they killed before wtf
Nov 15, 2020 5:36 AM

Aug 2020
Okay I have the same question as Togami and the others before Kirigiri and Naegi returned, if we all knew Naegi was innocent why was he still executed?? I mean it obviously ended up failing but was that a consequence of breaking the rules? We were shown the AI messing with the system for a second and then boom, Naegi was in the trash heap and later rescued. Before Naegi and Kirigiri return to the others they all admit they knew he was innocent but voted for him because of the lack of time for him to prove his innocence..

Dec 4, 2020 6:30 AM

Jul 2020
I knew it that Naegi won't die. That was obvious. Main characters don't die that easily.
Nov 10, 2021 11:32 PM

Jan 2021
OMG!! My hear really stopped beating for a sec when we saw Naegi getting voted as the guilty one😱 but moments later...
This show really going all out towards the end!!

May 5, 2022 10:45 PM
Aug 2013
I hate how most of the characters are not even thinking they immediately changed their mind
UaEfAlCoN83May 5, 2022 11:00 PM
Oct 26, 2022 2:57 PM
May 2020
Finally, these are getting good.
Dec 17, 2022 7:33 AM

Jan 2021
If I were Naegi during the class trial then I would have told Monokuma about the key that Kirigiri took and how I helped her yesterday. Like, if she tries to kill me by making me the culprit then I'll kill her first or drag her down to hell with me. While Naegi just forgave her like that... Naegi should be a saint after getting out of that academy to be honest, he has sincerity and patience as wide as the ocean. All thanks to Alter Ego, he saved him.

Dec 30, 2022 10:20 AM

Feb 2022
Holy moly! this episode plot is freaking thrilling, I mean if I were in the position of Naegi I don't think I can trust my friends anymore... And have a reason to live, I will totally fall in despair. Just like what monobear wants...
Mar 17, 2023 2:44 PM
Nov 2021
Que episódio tenso. O urso se enrolando e quase matando o Naegi arrepiou demais.
Sep 13, 2023 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
So I guess all rules are out the window now. There's a lot of explaining to do in these last two episodes now.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.