Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 9, 2013 9:40 AM
Jul 2013
Granted, it was a great and enjoyable anime, but for it to be number one rated here, that would generally mean the majority of people consider it the single greatest anime ever made. Aside from that, what are your thoughts? I have rewatched this series twice now without tiring, but still cannot see it as the best anime of all time like the world does.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2013 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
Yes it is, don't question it.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 9, 2013 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Not this again.

FMA:B is 100% legit best anime of all time. The majority says so, which means it's true.
Sep 9, 2013 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
It depends from person to person.

Sep 9, 2013 9:46 AM

Sep 2012
Oh god, not again.There is nothing like a single best anime ever(except Inferno cop :D) which makes everyone feels the same way.

for ex:I think clannad is garbage and should be outside of top 3000 and yet you love it.

Nov 2012
For me the best is Guilty Crown. It depends from person to person :)

Jul 2013
Nope, it's not the best, but it's definitely one of the better ones out there. There is no real 'best' anime I think, since everyone's taste differs in what they like or not, which makes it almost impossible to find an anime that is the best for everyone.
Sep 9, 2013 9:48 AM
Jul 2013
Terow said:

I couldn't really word the title better, but lets discuss. You do say it differs from person to person, but it is rated higher than any other anime on this site, which means almost 99% of the people here would think it's the best anime ever made, while a very small minority might think otherwise. So in that case, would it still not be enough to justify it as the best anime to the world?
Sep 9, 2013 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Introverturtled said:

Damn straight
Sep 9, 2013 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

I couldn't really word the title better, but lets discuss. You do say it differs from person to person, but it is rated higher than any other anime on this site, which means almost 99% of the people here would think it's the best anime ever made, while a very small minority might think otherwise. So in that case, would it still not be enough to justify it as the best anime to the world?

Your math is 100% correct.
Sep 9, 2013 9:51 AM

Sep 2012
TheAsap said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

I'd say 99% correct.
Sep 9, 2013 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
TheAsap said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

Yeah but it isn't rated that much more than Gintama, steins;gate or clannad after story.
So their is place for a discussion which is the best.

Sep 9, 2013 9:56 AM
Jan 2013
The best anime IMO is High School DxD. Not joking.

Don't worry OP, the Top 10's change all the time. When I joined Gintama was No. 1 and when I finished watching FMA:B it took the spot. And rightfully so, damn straight.

Aug 2012
no
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jul 2013
Terow said:
TheAsap said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

Yeah but it isn't rated that much more than Gintama, steins;gate or clannad after story.

But technically speaking, it is still considered better to the public.
Sep 9, 2013 9:58 AM

Oct 2009
It's one of the best.

Sep 9, 2013 9:59 AM
Jul 2018
Terow said:
TheAsap said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

I'm not sure why you're replying to me?
Sep 9, 2013 10:07 AM
Jan 2013
TheAsap said:
I'm not sure why you're replying to me?

lol
Sep 9, 2013 10:13 AM

Jul 2008
MAL seems to think so. MAL is a bit dumb sometimes tho.
Sep 9, 2013 10:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
More importantly: does it really matter?
Sep 9, 2013 10:25 AM

Nov 2012
I tried watching it but I got bored around ep 30
Does it get interesting later?
Sep 9, 2013 10:29 AM

Apr 2013
If you're rampaging it , yeah I get why you get bored of something . I saw a part pf brotherhood on Animax but.....man it had atleast 5 episodes where you literally get bored and it felt like I was watching a different pair of characters in the same univers , it felt sooooo Chrno Crusade-esque.
But then again Steins ; Gate has about 7-8 episodes that test your nerves.
FluffyFleshSep 9, 2013 10:33 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 9, 2013 10:29 AM

May 2013
Death Note is the best of all time. Just look at how many favorites it gets. FMA:B just happens to have less haters.
Sep 9, 2013 10:31 AM

May 2013
Nope, not even close. The only one in the MAL top 10 that even has a chance is Steins Gate, and even that would be a stretch.
Sep 9, 2013 10:34 AM

Dec 2011
There is no "best" anime. It's pointless to try and say there is...
Sep 9, 2013 10:35 AM

Oct 2008
No, but it's one of the best. It's close enough so I'm fine with it being no' 1.
Sep 9, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

I couldn't really word the title better, but lets discuss. You do say it differs from person to person, but it is rated higher than any other anime on this site, which means almost 99% of the people here would think it's the best anime ever made, while a very small minority might think otherwise.

Lol no, that's not even close to what it means. I'd be surprised if even 10% of MAL thinks that.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 9, 2013 10:42 AM

Aug 2008
No, it's not. Majority is stupid so what do you expect to see there?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 9, 2013 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
geralt said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

I couldn't really word the title better, but lets discuss. You do say it differs from person to person, but it is rated higher than any other anime on this site, which means almost 99% of the people here would think it's the best anime ever made, while a very small minority might think otherwise.

Lol no, that's not even close to what it means. I'd be surprised if even 10% of MAL thinks that.
Well only 4.2% of MAL gave it a 10 and 1.3% of MAL has it as a favorite. That's excluding the place in the favorites, some of those people could have it at the bottom of their favorites. So it's probably less than 1% that think it's the best anime ever.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 9, 2013 10:44 AM
Jul 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

To be the number one doesn't necessarily imply that most people consider it to be the best one, only that most people think it is great (and very few think it sucks). There might very well be anime with lower score that more people consider to be the best aime every, it only doesn't get so high score because a lot of people also consider it to be garbage.

(However I think the question valid, why is FMA Brotherhood so popular?)
Sep 9, 2013 10:44 AM

Jan 2012
Personally, I don't even think it's in the top 10. But that's subjective. I find both FMA and FMA:B to be completely boring to sit through. My wife loved both. I think it comes down to it being a show that is widely accepted as good as well as one that's been on Toonami/Adult Swim which puts it in the anime mainstream so it gets a lot more exposure than many other series do especially with people who have less anime watched under their belt to really compare it to.
Sep 9, 2013 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
Antanaru said:
No, it's not. The majority of mal users are stupid, so what did you expect to see there?

This and fixed your grammar.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Sep 9, 2013 10:47 AM

Aug 2012
That would be quite the big statement. The very best you could say would be something like ''for the most people FMA:B is the best Anime of all the time'' since being the best or not is a matter of taste, opinion.
Introverturtled said:
geralt said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

Well only 4.2% of MAL gave it a 10 and 1.3% of MAL has it as a favorite. That's excluding the place in the favorites, some of those people could have it at the bottom of their favorites. So it's probably less than 1% that think it's the best anime ever.
Introverturtled said:
geralt said:
DramaEnthusiast said:
Terow said:

But again..could happen that some other anime on top10 or not even there having 5,6,10% of MAL rating it as 10 and if that was to happen what i said above wouldn't be correct.
Sep 9, 2013 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
Is Steins;Gate the 3rd best anime of all time?Hell no.I still gave it a high score.
just because a lot of people give Brotherhood high score doesn't necessarily mean they think it's the best of all time.A lot of people watch Brotherhood and a lot of them end up enjoying it,it's one of the shows that could appeal to a lot of people (and it's well made enough to see why),that's all there is to it.

Now personally speaking,it's the best one I have seen yet.Best anime of all time?I haven't seen all anime ever released so I can't answer that.
Sep 9, 2013 11:04 AM

May 2013
Yes, along with Steins;Gate and HxH 2011.
Sep 9, 2013 11:14 AM

Jul 2011
Nope, it's Inferno Cop
Sep 9, 2013 11:17 AM

Jan 2013
FullmetalFanatic said:
Okay, I think it's the best shounen anime, but that's completely subjective and not a single person can make such a claim as fact. (for any anime in general)

Cowboy Bebop is the greatest anime ever made. I claimed it and it's fact.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Sep 9, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2013
MajinSaga said:
FullmetalFanatic said:
Okay, I think it's the best shounen anime, but that's completely subjective and not a single person can make such a claim as fact. (for any anime in general)

Cowboy Bebop is the greatest anime ever made. I claimed it and it's my own personal opinion. Of course, I am only 1 boy.

Fixed.
Sep 9, 2013 11:23 AM

Dec 2011
Man... You guys are persistent on this for sure... I'll say it time and time again. There IS no "best" anime. The supposed "best" would HAVE to be an unanimous vote. There are ALWAYS people who disagree, who DON'T find it good.

I never trust rankings for a good reason. Most rankings are plagued by people who have very little experience in anime, and give the most biased of ratings.
Sep 9, 2013 11:27 AM

Aug 2013
Robin6128 said:
Man... You guys are persistent on this for sure... I'll say it time and time again. There IS no "best" anime. The supposed "best" would HAVE to be an unanimous vote. There are ALWAYS people who disagree, who DON'T find it good.

I never trust rankings for a good reason. Most rankings are plagued by people who have very little experience in anime, and give the most biased of ratings.
It's already been decided One Piece is the best anime. Anyone who disagrees is just tsundere.
Sep 9, 2013 11:27 AM

Jul 2010
Introverturtled said:
Sep 9, 2013 11:30 AM

Nov 2012
Introverturtled said:
Robin6128 said:

It's already been decided One Piece is the worst anime. Anyone who disagrees is just tsundere.

fixed
Sep 9, 2013 11:33 AM

Apr 2011
FullmetalFanatic said:

Best shonen? Nah, I'd say RuroKen is a better shonen than FMA.
Sep 9, 2013 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
I'm sorry to break it to you but the majority decides what can and what cant be considered the best . That's how it works .
"There is no best" is just a thought to reconcile those who are in the minority that disagree.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 9, 2013 11:35 AM

Aug 2013
Robin6128 said:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif

You're funny.

Xinistrad said:
Introverturtled said:
Robin6128 said:

It's already been decided One Piece is the best anime and Steins;Gate, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica, and Shinsekai yori are the worst. Anyone who disagrees is just tsundere.

fixed
Double fixed.

yhunata said:
FullmetalFanatic said:

Best shonen? Nah, I'd say RuroKen is a better shonen than FMA.
FMA, One Piece, Naruto, HxH, are all better than RuroKen.
Sep 9, 2013 11:38 AM

Jun 2013
Well, it of course depends on certain persons perspective/opinion. For me, it's not the best. Far from best.
Sep 9, 2013 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
I'm sorry to break it to you but the majority decides what can and what cant be considered the best . That's how it works .
"There is no best" is just a thought to reconcile those who are in the minority that disagree.

Viva democracy.
Xinistrad said:
Introverturtled said:
Robin6128 said:

It's already been decided One Piece is the worst anime. Anyone who disagrees is just tsundere.

fixed

Look a tsundere over here.
Sep 9, 2013 11:42 AM

Dec 2011
FullmetalFanatic said:
Robin6128 said:

Everyone knows the ratings are irrelevant. But what do you mean "plagued by people who have very little experience in anime"???

Well, what I mean is, as simple as it sounds, people who have very little experience about anime just throwing 10's around. Now, I'm not talking just a few people here. I say "plagued" because its practically contagious. If you've been into anime for a while, you should realise there is a pretty niche group out there, who watch nothing but what is presented to them. In other words, mainstream anime.

It's mostly these people who "plague" the systems. People who have seen so little anime that they CAN'T differentiate what is a "good" anime or a "bad" anime due to lack of experience. As a result, they would obviously give their favourites 10/10 no problem. Accounting for the sheer number of these people, the ratings are going to be affected pretty badly.

Sorry if my explanation is bad. My word choices are never really the best, so I apologise if that made me sound like some egoistic confrontational bastard.
Sep 9, 2013 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
The best? No. An excellent and highly entertaining anime, definitely, though
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Sep 9, 2013 11:43 AM

Dec 2011
FullmetalFanatic said:
I think when the new series comes out it can possibly surpass FMA, but I'm seeing too many flaws right now.

I actually think the Rurouni Kenshin OVA is better than FMAB. Just the OVA though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.