Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blood Lad
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 8, 2013 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
10 episodes doesn't do this series justice. They did a great job considering though. Hope this series gets a second season.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Sep 8, 2013 5:16 PM

Aug 2012
Why did it have to only be 10 episodes! Im going to miss this, it was always entertaining giving it a 8/10

Sep 8, 2013 5:19 PM

May 2009
There won't be second season. DEAL WITH IT. Brain Base never does sequels unless it's Natsume. Also preorders are shitty and manga is nearing end.
Sep 8, 2013 5:21 PM

May 2013
kyorika said:
mangamuscle said:
Believe me, there is, but if we are lucky and get season 2, it will end in an even BIGGER cliffhanger.

The anime ends at chapter 30 of the manga. There are 49 chapters published in Japan presently. If 10 episodes = 30 chapters there is not enough material without screwing around with the pace so there is the option to A) wait for the mangaka to keep releasing chapters for another year or B) make up a new plot and ending.

It is quite normal nowadays that anime TV sequels start at the earliest one year later, so if the mangaka has a clear idea of where he wants to get his manga, it is quite posible to get another 30 or so chapters (19+12) for the sequel for summer of 2014 (which is not feasible for other animes, i.e. haganai will not have enough material for another season in several years, even if the author knows has the gist of where the story is going). Before you say it is unheard to run an anime and a manga back to back, it has been done since the times of sailor moon, it is all about coordination, hopefully one cour does not have enough lenght for filler episodes.

BTW, I did read chapter 49, I liked when Fuyumi **** him for a change :3
Sep 8, 2013 5:23 PM

Aug 2012
I dunno how they managed to fit all that in there, plus territory filler, plus adding things from later in the manga. They really only skipped two major things I can think of

How is nobody commenting on how awesome Yanagi is and how badass Heads is? Heads' seiyuu was a great choice, too.

The whole tiny room scene was my favorite from the manga. Sadly, they skipped small details like Staz recognizing the game, and saying "ohh, nice headshot, sir" but the doll god was fucking hilarious and everything I'd hoped for.

Was nobody reminded of Haruhi when Staz and Fuyumi woke up next to each other?

Since this was further in the manga which isn't translated, I did not expect Braz's next project to be reviving their dad. Damn.

Man, since the first episode I've been trying to make the logic that since they're adapting it so faithfully, surely they're planning a second season. But, with the way they ended it(leaving out the Liz bit/skipping Braz development, adding the papa Vlad scene), they hyped up future events way more than they would by just showing Team Fearless. So now I have to admit that it really seems like the main objective of the season was to promote the manga.

And surely they did...I'd be all over the next 19 chapters if they were translated..So hopefully it goes beyond expectations in improving manga sales, and maybe after the manga's ended we'll see the second season.

It's a win-win for me though. Even if we never get a second season, there will surely be a higher demand and more groups willing to pick up scanlating the rest. I think the series certainly did well enough in promoting the manga for that to happen.

Akichii said:

Also why are people still thinking that just because there's unresolved conflict/cliffhangers that there'll be a second season?
It's not because of that.. It's because there's further source material, genius.

Ratohnhaketon said:
Initially I thought of Blood Lad as a cheap attempt to mimic Hataraku Maou-sama
And then you realized the two were completely different works and that Blood Lad began publishing before the Maou-sama LN's?
Sep 8, 2013 5:53 PM
Jul 2013
It most likely won't get a 2nd season, the Blu-ray pre-orders are extremely low :'(
Sep 8, 2013 5:59 PM

Jun 2012
Kezone said:
This whole anime felt more like a really long prologue then a actual story. I've read the manga, so I knew it'd end up that way, but imo it almost felt pointless-- things happened, the characters were likable, and a decent number of the jokes funny, but it just... wasn't enough. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it, but I feel it could have been so much more. I guess the fault lies in the lack of source material though.

Well, if we get a season 2, then most of my complaints will vanish.

That's how I felt about "Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero" too.

I'm really hoping for a season 2, because I really liked this anime. Even if it was too short for my taste, I really like it.

"I am a Zombie?" second season ended kinda of the same way where there were new characters shown at the very end, and that show is getting a third season. So, hopefully, that's the same here.
Sep 8, 2013 6:03 PM

Jul 2008
The ending didn't feel like a prelude into a second season, and given the sales estimates and its relatively low popularity... I doubt we will see one. To me, it seemed like the whole show played out like a grand advertisement for the manga. The cliffhanger ending just further cements the notion that this anime adaptation was made to boost manga sales, nothing more.
Sep 8, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
Um yah...I hope there is a S2 bc that just ended with a lead up.
Sep 8, 2013 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
Could have of been better in my mind, well lets hope the 2nd season has more romance.

7/10 from me.
Sep 8, 2013 6:24 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty enjoyable show. Hoping for a second season. Will probably pick up the manga.

Final score of 7/10
Sep 8, 2013 6:31 PM

Sep 2012
NOOOOOOOO, ITS ALREADY OVER

Cliffhangers are everywhere but i like the ending in some ways though

This is what i like about Staz (http://i.imgur.com/9Lsfte0.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/9a8ozg1.jpg) (http://i.imgur.com/GeEPnRC.jpg)

Poor guys http://i.imgur.com/Cbx5czo.jpg

Liz is badass btw :3

HOPING FOR A SEASON 2
http://i.imgur.com/21vuxjS.jpg
If it doesn't have an season 2 i'm really gonna MISS this show :'( I'm gonna miss Liz and Fuyumi too
Sep 8, 2013 6:38 PM

May 2012
Not bad. There were some enjoyable moments here and there but this series felt like it could have used a lot more episodes. 12 or 13 episodes is barely enough for most anime but this one only had 10...

Final: 6.5/10
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 8, 2013 6:49 PM
Jun 2013
Kezone said:
This whole anime felt more like a really long prologue then a actual story. I've read the manga, so I knew it'd end up that way, but imo it almost felt pointless-- things happened, the characters were likable, and a decent number of the jokes funny, but it just... wasn't enough. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it, but I feel it could have been so much more. I guess the fault lies in the lack of source material though.

Well, if we get a season 2, then most of my complaints will vanish.

YES it was all just an introduction + context + setting
Sep 8, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2012
10 Episodes were too short. I hope for a second season too °^°
Sep 8, 2013 7:07 PM

Aug 2013
There better be a second season with all those cliffhangers at the end. They didn't really resolve anything, either. 10 episodes was way too short. I thought it was pretty funny many times and they did a good job of adapting the manga, even if it was a bit rushed. The only big problem I had with this was the bright colors in the Demon World. I thought it was supposed to be darker there. 7/10.
wow gay
Sep 8, 2013 7:08 PM
Jul 2013
wHat HIS DAD IS ASDFAGSG AND THEY CANT STOP IT HERE, MOREEEE I LIKE THIS SERIES AND IT STOPPED TO SOON!
Sep 8, 2013 7:13 PM

Jan 2013
I loved this show!! I'm hoping for a season 2!
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Sep 8, 2013 7:14 PM
Jul 2011
i've really liked this show , its sad to see it over already , speciaslly in a cliff hanger type way. hopefully it'll get a 2nd season
Sep 8, 2013 7:14 PM
Jul 2011
i've really liked this show , its sad to see it over already , speciaslly in a cliff hanger type way. hopefully it'll get a 2nd season
Sep 8, 2013 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Overall I enjoyed this show a lot and I will miss it. I wonder if there will be a season 2.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 8, 2013 9:06 PM

Jan 2011
Wow, Fuyumi's father knew about his wife merging with her doppelganger and he even knew about the demon world. Heads' room has hot posters of Neyn and the flat-screen TV and HD console game made Staz fangasm. xD Deku was a badass when he did that punch but Yoshida shocked me even more with that dinosaur transformation. Staz has great friends. :) Staz's forced smiles were so creepy. Wolf taking out that guy without his transformation because he wants to become stronger than Staz made me like Wolf a lot more.

Fantastic episode overall and great last episode. It ended quite openly and had hints of the new villains that Staz has to face. There's even some foreshadowing between Wolf and his father. I really hope there will be a second season. Braz resurrected his father? Dayum!
8/10
Sep 8, 2013 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
cliffhanger ending usually means...another season. the wait however, is TBD. hope it sells

Heads is awesome tho, his room of his wife's posters is priceless.

Fuyumi...as always kills me with every outfit...even if its just simple tiny lingerie
Sep 8, 2013 9:19 PM

Mar 2012
Well. I was hoping for more of a resolution in the end. I was happy however that I got to see both of them admit some level of feeling or at least even hint at feelings toward each other. So, that was good. I do hope this gets a second season, if not I will have to add it to all the other anime that I've seen that just ended without resolution and didn't have another season.
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Sep 8, 2013 9:21 PM

Oct 2008
It really seems like they didn't have the content to make even one complete season of anime as this episode basically didn't feel like a season finale AT ALL.

I'm tempted to say they should have waited for more content, but with the speed the manga is going at, that probably would have taken forever.

I did really enjoy this series, but I hate ending on not even a cliff hanger like this.
Sep 8, 2013 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
FluttershyMan said:
I'm actually really happy it ended with a cliffhanger! This means it's almost certain that it will get a second season!

Hopefully, something happened to D Gray Man and its been like 5 years since the final episode (with cliffhangers). I really hope there will be a season 2 of blood lad though.
Sep 8, 2013 10:09 PM

Jul 2013
graaaahhh.. I will be pissed if there's no 2nd season!!! I hate to even have to wait for the OVA which is still months away -____-"

Bell's father is so obsessed with Neyn-chan ^_^ too bad he only appears on the last episode
Sep 8, 2013 10:50 PM

Oct 2012
8/10
Definitely need season 2
Things gonna get really awesome
King Vampire vs. King Wolf...
Staz and other obstacles (like assassin) because Neyn want to his daughter back
Also it seems Wolf will be at King Wolf's faction?
"Signature removed"
Sep 8, 2013 11:15 PM

Jul 2012
Yay! Staz x Fuyumi moments <3

This was my most anticipated series this season and it did not disappoint :D

Enjoyable from start to finish. If only there were more...I'm hoping for a second season.
Sep 8, 2013 11:24 PM

May 2013
Def gonna miss this show, and as expected it left off in a way that makes you go nuts having to wait and hope for a 2nd season
Sep 9, 2013 12:28 AM
Aug 2011
This series got better with each episode.
The 10 episode count will always bug me since it's not a common number for TV anime.

Anyway, I still enjoyed this for what it was.
Sep 9, 2013 2:30 AM

Jun 2013
After that cliffhanger they have to make 2nd season!
Sep 9, 2013 3:10 AM

Jun 2013
nice cliffhanger~
but the story was kinda rushed up, so...7/10
Sep 9, 2013 3:21 AM

Dec 2011
Too bad they didn't animate it past where the manga has been translated.. Fuyumi and Staz are on the run >:)

YAY STAZ X FUYUMI MOMENTS

DEFS SEASON 2

10/10
Sep 9, 2013 3:37 AM

May 2013
i thought staz was going to fight the wolf king dude
Sep 9, 2013 3:55 AM

May 2009
oh god, i hope there wont be a 2nd season, the money spent on making it could be used infinitely times better. im kinda surprised (and shocked) that so many people like this thing, the characters and naration were so stale, ive read fan fics with better everything.

4/10
Sep 9, 2013 3:57 AM

Jan 2013
Just got around to watching the last episode. This series would have been a LOT better if:
1) The beginning of the series hadn't been so lame; 2) the series was longer than 10 episodes; and 3) if they didn't end it assuming they'd get a second season to tie up everything from this series. I never read the manga, so I don't know how far down these stories go, but still.
Very fun last few episodes, though. If the whole series was as good as the last third, I'd rate this a lot higher.

Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Sep 9, 2013 3:58 AM

May 2013
Heads Hydra is pretty badass. A lot of the characters in this anime are pretty badass. This anime is exploding with badasses.

We are left with unanswered questions. I guess it was an alright last episode.
But because of the ending, I'm excited and I'm hoping for a second season!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 9, 2013 4:10 AM

Jul 2013
Man, this anime was just starting to kick off =(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 4:15 AM

Nov 2009
"Happy Birthday, Hero!"

Ohsaka Ryouta has a nice voice. I'm going to miss this show. I'm hoping for a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2013 4:32 AM

Jul 2010
8/10, I really enjoyed it, now I hope for a S2.
Also, dat cliffhanger.
Need more Staz, and need more Bell.
Sep 9, 2013 4:42 AM

May 2010
Moe Bell, come on, why don't the best couples end up together?! It's like this in almost every anime, potential is ruined....

Wolf finally made a appearance, I wanted to see Fuyumi x Wolf though :/ This might be my most fav. action series. It's amazing apart from potential-pairing ruining... I don't mind Fuyumi x Staz though, it's nice... but nothing beats other pairings. I love it so much! Will miss it a lot, please let there be a new season :/
Sep 9, 2013 4:55 AM

Apr 2013
I hope the rest of the story gets animated because I can't bother picking up the manga for this one.
It was an okay show though,had some enjoyable moments and I liked the comedy for the most part.
Sep 9, 2013 5:17 AM

Jul 2011
^ exactly my thoughts
Sep 9, 2013 6:03 AM

Apr 2013
I have a feeling this might get a second season and real shit is gonna happen real soon and leave us with a mad cliff hanger.
Sep 9, 2013 6:11 AM

Dec 2008
This show is too awesome to be over. Where's season 2? I want it now!!!
Sep 9, 2013 6:22 AM

Sep 2012
Its obvious that it will have an season2 because all of that cliffhangers
Sep 9, 2013 6:34 AM
Sep 2013
I want 2nd season!!
Sep 9, 2013 7:22 AM
Jan 2011
Lame last episode.
Sep 9, 2013 7:30 AM

May 2012
Cant believe this show already end..:(
Hope will have second season..
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2013

126 by bilmiyorum010131 »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:55 AM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

129 by Fatephile »»
Sep 9, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2013

137 by Fatephile »»
Sep 6, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

152 by Fatephile »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Blood Lad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

137 by Fatephile »»
Sep 5, 2023 12:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.