Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

FT vs Eren Technical Breakdown (unmarked spoilers from Ep 21, read at own discretion)

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 7, 2013 10:55 PM

Jul 2013
Man FT vs Eren was a brawl! Or was it? TBH, I was pleasantly surprised to see that some serious technical attention was given to the fight. Few series out there depict fighting in such a realistic and nuisanced way, bar the series that actually focus on combat sports.

Anyway, if you want, read on! Have google at the ready for terms you do not understand.

Alrighty, let us look at the fighters themselves.

Female Titan (FT)
Strengths
* H2H Experience
* Highly polished striking
* Understands grappling
* Hardening ability
* Prioritised regeneration abilities

Eren Titan
Strengths
* Explosive power which translates to serious KO power
* Immense strength (the boulder)
* Solid H2H skills (he's clearly capable)
* Immense heart (that is the will to never back down from a challenge, this is actually a factor mind you)

Ok, so here's what I saw.

Fight begins around the 13:50 mark.
Eren charges at the FT. FT taken a back at his rage, but prepares for his wild swing. Without working arms, she evades the blow. She pounces back with a hard push kick (a teep maybe?) to Eren's gut. While it does appear to hurt him, Eren pushes it back attempts another wild swing. It misses, though the FT bumps into a tree. Eren assumes a stance. We can see that the injuries from the fight against Levi's squad have not fully healed. Seeing this, Eren holds guard up and throws a southpaw jab, followed by a left hand. FT slips both. Eren continues the combination, attacking with a right hook that also gets slipped. Eren changes his pattern and throws an uppercut from the same hand. FT dodges it anyway with a backwards slip, however she is now off balance for Eren's left cross. She stumbles and loses footing. Hoping not to let Eren capitalise, she does some running. Eren gives chase. Scene change as Levi meets his fallen squad.

Fight resumes around 15:20 mark.
The fighters are in a clearing. Both titans are a wide gap apart, so guards are lowered. Eren closes the distance slowly and re assumes stance. What's that deer doing? Make way! Eren charges the FT, who continues to run. Face to face, Eren launches a quick right hand followed by two mean left and right hands. FT is still evading the strikes. Eren throws a quick left, changing stance to orthodox to maintain range. An overhand right follows the left jab. While it misses, the FT found herself again off balance due to Eren's stance change. This time she pays for it, as Eren muscles his way into a full mount.

Eren doesn't let FT catch a break as he goes for some ground and pound. Notice how Eren grabs the FT's shoulder in an attempt to hold her in place for one very high right hand, full of rage. Seeing the telegraphed punch, FT moves her head out of the way, causing Eren to slam his fist into the ground. Clearly that insane knockout power is a double edged sword! Right hand out of action, but regenerating. The combatants stare at each other briefly, thoughts racing through their heads. Eren goes for another punch, delivered from the left. Once again, Eren loses function of another arm, snapping his wrist.

Both fighters stare at each other. Both of them are attempting to regenerate parts. Eren and his mangled arms, FT with her severed shoulder muscles and left eye. Without Eren's monologue, all we're seeing is a male titan sitting on a female. No clothes too. Getting steamy. Ever tried to fight someone from the opposite gender in MMA? Pretty awkard huh? Eren cannot contain himself any longer and gets a little intimate by roaring at the FT. Clearly she isn't comfortable. Eren's arms look like they've nearly healed, but what is he doing? We can only assume he's lost control.

FT's eye healed, her arms have probably healed for that matter. Seeing the chance, she swivels and performs the classic shrimping escape! Eren sees this and attempts maintain control, however kick from the FT launches him off her and into a tree. The FT stands up and takes one look. She is greeted by a right uppercut from Eren! How well does he recover! It scrapes the FT, but she avoided Eren's knockout power never the less. Eren follows up with a wild left swing. FT dodges, but loses footing. She recovers by rolling away. The force of the swing causes Eren to spin 360 and fall as well. FT manages to roll away, but once again Eren recovers rapidly and manages to cause the FT to stumble with an intense roar. He goes for a vicious right hand that hits the air. FT assumes a stance as Eren charges at her.

Eren launches vicious flurry. He throws a right straight, followed by a left, then goes for a right straight, left hook combo. That is rapidly followed by a right straight again, which creates a gap. Eren looking to connect with a telegraphed right. His form isn't looking so good anyone. FT takes advantage of Eren's sloppiness and counters with one nasty left hook as Eren's wide swing glides past her shoulder. The punch destroyed Eren's jaw, however he's not out yet. Pushing himself past FT's outstretched arm, he goes for a nasty counter left uppercut to the gut. FT manages to block it, but it sends her flying. This image suggests that some power managed to go through the guard (look at this image lol).

Ft is launched high into the air, and lands on a tree. Eren just posing dramatically ( might of managed that running knee if he didn't waste time lol). Judging from the steam coming out of FT's arms, as well as her face, it looks like some damage was done. She moves out of the way of a mean knee from Eren. Ft jogs a bit. We can see that both fighters are pretty tired at this point. FT has a bright idea. She turns to face Eren once more. Eren prepares himself, but looks shocked. Nek minnut, his hand, half his face and the tree he was leaning gets chopped off! What the hell was that?! Fight over! FT by way of KO! What a fight!

It's a spoiler if you want to know how FT finished Eren off, but if you want to know, then here goes...

So that's what I saw. Hope I helped people understand the fight a bit more. If you think I'm taking this series way too seriously, then whatever. I just wanted to have a shot at analysing a fight and seeing the tricks involved for myself, even if it was just a cartoon fight.
HalfMetalPriestSep 8, 2013 12:13 AM
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 7, 2013 10:56 PM

Jun 2007
You already posted this in the relevant thread.
Sep 7, 2013 11:03 PM

Nov 2011
left hook counter and Muay Thai left head kick. done and done. Female Titan is mai Muay Thai waifu.
The Art of Eight
Sep 7, 2013 11:08 PM

Jul 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
You already posted this in the relevant thread.

Didn't feel enough people weren't reading it = (

In my defence though, making a new thread for the breakdown will allow more focus on the fight itself, rather than more replies

Perhaps I'm just seeking attention ; )
HalfMetalPriestSep 8, 2013 12:12 AM
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 7, 2013 11:12 PM

Aug 2013
When the female titan hip escaped from the full mount, I nearly teared up at the beautiful display of technique.

Your analysis is brilliant, Eren clearly has a good grasp on boxing technique, but he was a little sloppy. I think the reason he was sloppy was because of his intense rage, in the manga it is noted that Eren has natural physical strength and close combat skills and he is no stranger to a fight.

The fight was as much a mind game as well as a physical match, Eren was not thinking straight and it caused him to make quite a few mistakes.
The Female titan had to remain on the defensive because as you stated, Eren packs some serious power. But she fought smart and took her opportunities, bobbing and weaving Eren's strikes, and then countering when there was an opening.

Levi states that the Female titan was a lot slower than before after her fight with Eren. But the elite squad don't mention anything about fatigue after her second transformation. That's why i believe that the battle with Eren was very taxing on the FT, she took a serious uppercut, and she had to pull some serious moves to avoid getting pasted.

If it was to happen again and I was Eren coach, I would tell him to try and grapple with her, she is too fast for his strikes. Take her to the ground and use the good ol ground and pound, but when you attempt the ground and pound, don't telegraph your punches and use elbows to the face because they are much harder to dodge (in my own opinion) from the full mount position.
Also JOINT LOCKS! put her in a kneebar or an armbar, and pop those joints out with his crazy strength, she won't be going anywhere if you bust her knee's up.
Sep 7, 2013 11:15 PM

Jun 2007
HalfMetalJacket said:
Petra

You should probably spoiler that part, given this isn't in the episode discussion post and anyone might read it. The thread is already huge spoilers for anyone not up to-date actually, you should probably go through and spoiler everything after "heres what I saw".

Not to keep bugging you, but it'd be the best for anyone not up to date (part of why I feel it was kind of dumb to make it into a new thread, as it's just spoilers the thread, even the title is a spoiler). Though I do think it's cool you wrote all this to begin with last week.
TallonKarrde23Sep 7, 2013 11:18 PM
Sep 7, 2013 11:18 PM

Nov 2011
MikasaxEren said:

Your analysis is brilliant, Eren clearly has a good grasp on boxing technique, but he was a little sloppy.

LEL
The Art of Eight
Sep 7, 2013 11:51 PM

Aug 2012
I like how he's all "just gotta wait till my arm has regenerated" then the FT gets up and knocks him the fuck out, and after that his arm is apparently totally OK (enough so to launch her 50+ ft into the air).

umm wat
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 7, 2013 11:54 PM

Jul 2013
TallonKarrde23 said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Petra

You should probably spoiler that part, given this isn't in the episode discussion post and anyone might read it. The thread is already huge spoilers for anyone not up to-date actually, you should probably go through and spoiler everything after "heres what I saw".

Not to keep bugging you, but it'd be the best for anyone not up to date (part of why I feel it was kind of dumb to make it into a new thread, as it's just spoilers the thread, even the title is a spoiler). Though I do think it's cool you wrote all this to begin with last week.

You always seem to bug me lol. That's fine, constructive criticism is a healthy thing.

I was hoping that people will know not to click by judging the Thread Title (FT vs Eren? Haven't seen that episode yet, probably shouldn't click). Actually, I think people should have saw the inevitable clash coming. But maybe you have a point. I'll put in a disclaimer, but I won't do spoiler tags unless they concern events beyond the anime.

MikasaxEren said:
When the female titan hip escaped from the full mount, I nearly teared up at the beautiful display of technique.

Your analysis is brilliant, Eren clearly has a good grasp on boxing technique, but he was a little sloppy. I think the reason he was sloppy was because of his intense rage, in the manga it is noted that Eren has natural physical strength and close combat skills and he is no stranger to a fight.

The fight was as much a mind game as well as a physical match, Eren was not thinking straight and it caused him to make quite a few mistakes.
The Female titan had to remain on the defensive because as you stated, Eren packs some serious power. But she fought smart and took her opportunities, bobbing and weaving Eren's strikes, and then countering when there was an opening.

Levi states that the Female titan was a lot slower than before after her fight with Eren. But the elite squad don't mention anything about fatigue after her second transformation. That's why i believe that the battle with Eren was very taxing on the FT, she took a serious uppercut, and she had to pull some serious moves to avoid getting pasted.

If it was to happen again and I was Eren coach, I would tell him to try and grapple with her, she is too fast for his strikes. Take her to the ground and use the good ol ground and pound, but when you attempt the ground and pound, don't telegraph your punches and use elbows to the face because they are much harder to dodge (in my own opinion) from the full mount position.
Also JOINT LOCKS! put her in a kneebar or an armbar, and pop those joints out with his crazy strength, she won't be going anywhere if you bust her knee's up.

FT seems pretty well versed in grappling herself, so going for submissions might not be the best of options. But its possible.

If I were in Eren's position when he mounted FT, I'd opt to punch some holes into FT's body. It's not something very orthodox at all but with Eren's power, he would have caused tremendous damage which could have really made a difference. FT wouldn't be able to dodge them either. Of course, she might attempt to crystalise in order to defend the punches, so Eren shouldn't fire away recklessly. I'd also advocate elbows.

He should still take advantage of the FT's tendency to sway backwards though. If you've seen Chris Weidman knockout Anderson Silva in UFC 163, you'd know what I mean. Swaying backwards puts you off balance and possibly into the line of another punch. Trying avoid it with such bad balance causes you stumble. Recovering runs the risk of colliding into a fist.

I'm not quite sure about Eren's takedown apititude though and whether he could actually bring FT to the ground.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 8, 2013 12:08 AM

Jul 2013
Koryo-chan said:
I like how he's all "just gotta wait till my arm has regenerated" then the FT gets up and knocks him the fuck out, and after that his arm is apparently totally OK (enough so to launch her 50+ ft into the air).

umm wat

Sorry to double post, but I have to enlightenment somebody.

Ummmm, didn't you see the sequence before that? Eren's arms pretty finished regenerating when FT began her shrimping escape out of his mount. She gave him a good kick, but seeing this is Eren were talking about, he recovers completely well. I covered that part of the fight too, read it please.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 8, 2013 12:26 AM

Aug 2012
HalfMetalJacket said:
Koryo-chan said:

umm wat

Ummmm, didn't you see the sequence before that? Eren's arms pretty finished regenerating when FT began her shrimping escape out of his mount. She gave him a good kick, but seeing this is Eren were talking about, he recovers completely well. I covered that part of the fight too, read it please.

I won't because it's quite obviously a bullshit plot element that gives Annie an excuse to win.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Sep 8, 2013 12:41 AM

Jul 2013
Koryo-chan said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Koryo-chan said:

umm wat

I won't because it's quite obviously a bullshit plot element that gives Annie an excuse to win.

Either your joking, or your really not worth explaining to. Better be the former.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 4:16 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like my breakdown was too detailed. Probably turned people off. = (

Just bumping in case people are interested.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 4:37 AM
Oct 2011
Shingeki is just mindless fun, who cares about your long-ass "analysis"? The series just looks good and has good animation (sometimes), fuck logic (and the crappy mystery), no one cares about them anymore.
Candor123Sep 15, 2013 4:43 AM
Sep 15, 2013 4:54 AM

Aug 2012
Candior said:
Shingeki is just mindless fun, who cares about your long-ass "analysis"? The series just looks good and has good animation (sometimes), fuck logic (and the crappy mystery), no one cares about them anymore.

Once you put your mind out of it, anything and everything about the entertainment industry can serve as mindless fun to those who only think of its worth to be that much. But does that stop anyone from analysing sports? Does that stop anyone from analysing music? Those can be mindless, too, you know!
Sep 15, 2013 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
Beaver897 said:
Candior said:

Once you put your mind out of it, anything and everything about the entertainment industry can serve as mindless fun to those who only think of its worth to be that much. But does that stop anyone from analysing sports? Does that stop anyone from analysing music? Those can be mindless, too, you know!

Pretty much.

@Candior
Better you said nothing at all. I'm hurt.
HalfMetalPriestSep 15, 2013 5:17 AM
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 5:18 AM

Aug 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:

Posts too detailed? I know this feel, brb 3000 word response, then people be like "I'm not read that wall"
Sep 15, 2013 5:22 AM

Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

Posts too detailed? I know this feel, brb 3000 word response, then people be like "I'm not read that wall"

Says you *Looks at shipping essays O_O*.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 5:24 AM

Aug 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

You seem my most recent one? Pretty proud of it, longest one yet and I go in depth about character interaction, that 10,000 word essay is looking more and more attractive.
Sep 15, 2013 5:28 AM

Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

You seem my most recent one? Pretty proud of it, longest one yet and I go in depth about character interaction, that 10,000 word essay is looking more and more attractive.

Was reading but got caught up in something. Now I'm not sure where I'm up to, so I gave up = (

I'm trying again.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

Was reading but got caught up in something. Now I'm not sure where I'm up to, so I gave up = (

I'm trying again.

What part did you get to? I was quite proud of how I attempted to delve into Mikasa's feelings (to be fair Eren is harder though, Mikasa is much more simple)
Sep 15, 2013 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
MikasaxEren said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

I'm trying again.

What part did you get to? I was quite proud of how I attempted to delve into Mikasa's feelings (to be fair Eren is harder though, Mikasa is much more simple)

Something about why Eren and Mikasa understand each other or something. Maybe the red thread thing. I'm lost.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 5:50 AM

Sep 2013
Anyone though Eren was just pure badassery in the fight even though he lost? I like the part where he just wills his hand to heal after punching too hard. He was like "Yea I punched too hard and now my hand is destroyed, now I'm just gonna pin you down and wait for my hand to heal, after that imma continue kicking your ass!"
Sep 15, 2013 6:01 AM

Jul 2013
Hitchcocker said:
Anyone though Eren was just pure badassery in the fight even though he lost? I like the part where he just wills his hand to heal after punching too hard. He was like "Yea I punched too hard and now my hand is destroyed, now I'm just gonna pin you down and wait for my hand to heal, after that imma continue kicking your ass!"

Cannot deny his grit, that's for sure. This thread almost got derailed for a moment.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 6:24 AM
Jan 2008
don't know have you guys notice or not eren is not badass at all he haven't even killed one titan yet except when he was in titan form. lol
Sep 15, 2013 6:32 AM

Aug 2013
xhx said:
don't know have you guys notice or not eren is not badass at all he haven't even killed one titan yet except when he was in titan form. lol

EDF checking in (Eren Defence Force)
Kills two grown men when he is 9 and saves Mikasa
Is only trainee with enough balls to fight colossal titan
Is only training who is not shitting themselves before the battle of Trost
Encourages those who are scared at Trost, giving them pep talks and encouraging words (Too Armin, Jean and to Mikasa (he might seem mean here, but he is trying to make her think straight, if you don't have a clear head in battle, you will die)
Pulls his friend out of a titans mouth to save him
Never gives up, even after being eaten, his will in unbreakable
Carries the boulder and scores humanities first victory
Talks down to all the pussies in court
Fights one on one with the female titan (the only person to do so, Levi fights a tired FT, with Mikasa)
Isn't a badass.......... Lol

Eren was a beast against the female titan, it was like watching a skilled fighter vs a powerhouse, she knew that she couldn't afford to let him land his punches. The uppercut he lands (when she knocks his jaw off) is much more damaging to the Female titan in the manga, she doesn't block it and it leaves a Titan fist sized hole in her side.
Sep 15, 2013 6:55 AM
Jan 2008
mikasa was the one that saved him... and about the tired FT. she was tired when she was fighting eren bro. eren would of been dead in like 10 sec. that was her second time transforming and also she was slice all over by the other 3 members remember? she dodged the attacks because she was weakened and was waiting to be healed. and then she knock eren out with one hit. and at that time I think eren realized that the FT was annie. and by the way anyone know why the FT was crying when eren was saved by levi?
Sep 15, 2013 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
xhx said:
mikasa was the one that saved him...

How did Mikasa save him? Levi saved him...
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 7:01 AM

Aug 2013
xhx said:
mikasa was the one that saved him... and about the tired FT. she was tired when she was fighting eren bro. eren would of been dead in like 10 sec. that was her second time transforming and also she was slice all over by the other 3 members remember? she dodged the attacks because she was weakened and was waiting to be healed. and then she knock eren out with one hit. and at that time I think eren realized that the FT was annie. and by the way anyone know why the FT was crying when eren was saved by levi?

So we have established that Eren is badass then, seeing as you didn't counter any of my other points, good.
The elite squad do not say anything about the Female titans level of fatigue when they fight it, it is only after it had fought Eren that it is specifically noted to have slowed down. Also can you back you claim up that Eren "would've been destroyed in 10 seconds" with evidence? Or is your Eren hate boner covering your eyes from the obvious truth.
Sep 15, 2013 7:21 AM
Jul 2013
Why did the FT let Eren regenerate his arms fully and stay still ?

MikasaxEren said:
xhx said:

So we have established that Eren is badass then, seeing as you didn't counter any of my other points, good.
The elite squad do not say anything about the Female titans level of fatigue when they fight it, it is only after it had fought Eren that it is specifically noted to have slowed down. Also can you back you claim up that Eren "would've been destroyed in 10 seconds" with evidence? Or is your Eren hate boner covering your eyes from the obvious truth.

She was being pierced by hundreds of spears which also had some poison making the muscle paralyzed if she tried to regenerate (at least Hanji said so or something like that). Hardened her skin countless times to prevent her nape being sliced by Levi and Mike. Got eaten by Titans. Slashed again many times by the special sqyad though not so sure how much it affected her. Only left with one eye when she faced Eren and not fully regenerated.

If Eren could just control himself and not overdone his attacks (crushing his fists and arms??) he would have just been able to hold her back before getting his head sliced into two because of hesitation.
Sep 15, 2013 7:29 AM
Jan 2008
dankickyou said:
xhx said:

was referring to when eren and mikasa was 9 years old or something.eren killed the 2 guys but the 3rd guy was choking eren and mikasa saved him lol. i'm just being a bum on this.

@mikasaxeren: "that was her second time transforming and also she was slice all over by the other 3 members remember? she dodged the attacks because she was weakened and was waiting to be healed. and then she knock eren out with one hit. and before that she was captured and tortured a bit by levi and erwin and did you watch this at all? and just like how annie drop eren's ass during the knife training. he have courage and all but his brain is dumb he would of been dead like 100 times if he didn't have titan power.
wouldn't you talk back when you have nothing to lose and captured in the court?
carry the boulder... lol armin saved his ass when he was dreaming in his little world.
Sep 15, 2013 7:44 AM
Jul 2013
xhx said:
dankickyou said:
xhx said:

was referring to when eren and mikasa was 9 years old or something.eren killed the 2 guys but the 3rd guy was choking eren and mikasa saved him lol. i'm just being a bum on this.

@mikasaxeren: "that was her second time transforming and also she was slice all over by the other 3 members remember? she dodged the attacks because she was weakened and was waiting to be healed. and then she knock eren out with one hit. and before that she was captured and tortured a bit by levi and erwin and did you watch this at all? and just like how annie drop eren's ass during the knife training. he have courage and all but his brain is dumb he would of been dead like 100 times if he didn't have titan power.
carry the boulder... lol armin saved his ass when he was dreaming in his little world.

Armin is good then, mate.

Tell me, mate, does Levi carry a 10 ton boulder? Nope

Tell me, mate, can Annie (revealed in this week's episode to be a Titan Shifter) carry a 10 ton boulder? Nope. Actually she might, but she's shown to have weaker strength but higher agility than Titan Eren, still nope.

Tell me, does Jean Krischten carry a 10 ton boulder? Nope.
Sep 15, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
Xinception said:

That boulder should be way, way heavier than 10 tons.

xhx said:
dankickyou said:
xhx said:

But Eren saved her by killing the two guys. Why arent you calling Mikasa weak for needing to be saved? without Eren, Mikasa would be a fuck slave in the capital by now. :/
Your excuses are pathetic.
dankickyouSep 15, 2013 7:55 AM
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 7:52 AM
Jan 2008
why are we talking about 10 ton boulder.....? ok so if you can carry a 10 ton boulder makes you a badass... ok. wouldn't he'd be done if the other people didn't help him? when he was carrying the boulder.
Sep 15, 2013 7:54 AM
Jan 2008
dankickyou said:
xhx said:
dankickyou said:
xhx said:

But Eren saved her by killing the two guys. Why arent you calling Mikasa weak for needing to be saved? without Eren, Mikasa would be fuck slave in the capital by now. :/
eren wouldn't be dead if mikasa didn't help? he is a dumbass more than a badass. credits to him killing 2 adults.
Sep 15, 2013 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
xhx said:

eren wouldn't be dead if mikasa didn't help? he is a dumbass more than a badass. credits to him killing 2 adults.

I'm calling you out for being a double standard troglodyte. Stop playing dumb and changing goalposts.
dankickyouSep 15, 2013 8:06 AM
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 8:03 AM
Jul 2013
dankickyou said:
xhx said:

I'm calling you out for being a double standard troglodyte. Stop playing dumb and changing goalposts.

Let the sleeping dogs die, mate. Don't bother replying to him.
Sep 15, 2013 8:09 AM
Jul 2013
Xinception said:
xhx said:
dankickyou said:
xhx said:

Armin is good then, mate.

Tell me, mate, can Annie (revealed in this week's episode to be a Titan Shifter) carry a 10 ton boulder? Nope. Actually she might, but she's shown to have weaker strength but higher agility than Titan Eren, still nope.

Tell me, does Jean Krischten carry a 10 ton boulder? Nope.

Umm.. Levi and Jean aren't titans.. I wish Levi were one though.

Eren isn't useless or weak, he is just too damn loud and always seems to be exaggerating his speech in whatever he does. He is stubborn in both good and bad ways, his willing to fight is admirable yet annoyingly reckless sometimes to a fault..
Though his actions somehow are overshadowed by his temper, emotion and shouting. Which probably why some people might see him as an all talk no action character.
Sep 15, 2013 8:14 AM

Aug 2013
xhx said:
dankickyou said:
xhx said:

@mikasaxeren: "that was her second time transforming and also she was slice all over by the other 3 members remember? she dodged the attacks because she was weakened and was waiting to be healed. and then she knock eren out with one hit. and before that she was captured band tortured a bit by levi and erwin and did you watch this at all? and just like how annie drop eren's ass during the knife training. he have courage and all but his brain is dumb he would of been dead like 100 times if he didn't have titan power.

The only reason the female titan knocked Eren out in one but was because he was too stunned by something to even make a move (he recognised the fighting style). Eren had nothing to lose in court? Except his life and maybe Mikasa's, hardly nothing. The female titan was never tortured, those spikes wedged in a way that made her regeneration stop her from moving. And against he female titan is only said to have slowed down after the fight with Eren. I have read the manga and watched the anime, the fight against Eren is by the most physical exertion the female titan puts up, because if he lands one solid blow, it does major damage (in the manga the uppercut leaves a large hole in the side of her body).
So Armin saved his ass when he was dreaming? Like Eren saved his ass when he killed all the titan around HQ? Or constantly saving his ass from bullies?
Saying Eren would have been dead 100 times without his titan power is like saying Mikasa would be dead without her superhuman strength. Eren came 5th in his class, even without his titan form he is very skilled with the 3DMG and possesses a large amount of physical strength and good close combat skills.
Eren has saved others more than they have saved him, he scores humanity first ever victory, he inspires the trainees to join the Scouting legion, and still haters gon hate.
Sep 15, 2013 8:24 AM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
xhx said:
dankickyou said:
xhx said:

@mikasaxeren: "that was her second time transforming and also she was slice all over by the other 3 members remember? she dodged the attacks because she was weakened and was waiting to be healed. and then she knock eren out with one hit. and before that she was captured band tortured a bit by levi and erwin and did you watch this at all? and just like how annie drop eren's ass during the knife training. he have courage and all but his brain is dumb he would of been dead like 100 times if he didn't have titan power.

The only reason the female titan knocked Eren out in one but was because he was too stunned by something to even make a move (he recognised the fighting style). Eren had nothing to lose in court? Except his life and maybe Mikasa's, hardly nothing. The female titan was never tortured, those spikes wedged in a way that made her regeneration stop her from moving. And against he female titan is only said to have slowed down after the fight with Eren. I have read the manga and watched the anime, the fight against Eren is by the most physical exertion the female titan puts up, because if he lands one solid blow, it does major damage (in the manga the uppercut leaves a large hole in the side of her body).
So Armin saved his ass when he was dreaming? Like Eren saved his ass when he killed all the titan around HQ? Or constantly saving his ass from bullies?
Saying Eren would have been dead 100 times without his titan power is like saying Mikasa would be dead without her superhuman strength. Eren came 5th in his class, even without his titan form he is very skilled with the 3DMG and possesses a large amount of physical strength and good close combat skills.
Eren has saved others more than they have saved him, he scores humanity first ever victory, he inspires the trainees to join the Scouting legion, and still haters gon hate.

Dude, let the trolls troll. Let the sleeping dogs die. Don't bother replying to haters :p.
Sep 15, 2013 8:40 AM
Jan 2008
Lol I'm just stating facts you can like it or hate all you want. To me eren is still a weak ass as of now always let his emotions take over. When is his 1st Titan kill in human form? I didn't read the manga. Not yet right but he was killed in his 1st fight. I think mikasa killed more titans than eren did in his Titan form.
Sep 15, 2013 8:54 AM

Aug 2013
xhx said:
Lol I'm just stating facts you can like it or hate all you want. To me eren is still a weak ass as of now always let his emotions take over. When is his 1st Titan kill in human form? I didn't read the manga. Not yet right but he was killed in his 1st fight. I think mikasa killed more titans than eren did in his Titan form.

Gets mad at Eren for "letting his emotions take over", Mikasa does the exact same thing. She lets her emotions get the better of her in Trost, and has to be saved by Eren because of it, yet you won't call her a "weak ass who lets her emotions get the better of her"
Mikasa killed far less titans that Eren did in his titan form. All of the soldiers in HQ would have died (including Mikasa) if Erens titan didn't defeat the titans outside.
At Trost - Mikasa, was in the rearguard so she had much less titans to fight, was in an elite squad so she had good backup.
Eren - was spearheading the assault, was the most skilled soldier in his group (they all sucked, Armin outlasted them all) and was attacked by multiple titans at the same time. Still, Eren managed to save Armin, whilst missing one of his dam legs. (Sure sounds like a weak ass who could hold a titans mouth open, whilst missing a leg, and then pull him out, yep sure sounds weak to me.

So basically at Trost, Mikasa had it easy, whilst Eren got thrown into the fire. Yes she is more skilled than him, but in terms of raw titan killing ability, Eren's titan form > all (probably even Levi, Eren doesn't need objects for the 3DMG to grapple off of).

You are not stating facts, you are talking shit, I mean you haven't even read these chapters in the manga, the source[/] material, so go sit in the corner and cry as Eren kicks some more ass.
Sep 15, 2013 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
xhx said:

If by facts you mean the regurgitated vomit of your hate and prejudices, not to mention insecurities, then yes, you are stating facts.
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 9:02 AM

Sep 2013
Right now Eren's Titan form is weak, therefore it is inevitable that he'll need more help from others. Once he masters the Titan ability, he will be the hero again.

Anyway if Eren didn't save Mikasa from the very beginning, you'd count on her being sold off to some sex pervert far away, and then probably after years of abuse, dying an unknown death in an unknown place. A 9-year old confronting some hardboiled thugs and killing them? If you ask me, that some balls of steel.
Sep 15, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
Hitchcocker said:
Right now Eren's Titan form is weak, therefore it is inevitable that he'll need more help from others. Once he masters the Titan ability, he will be the hero again.

Anyway if Eren didn't save Mikasa from the very beginning, you'd count on her being sold off to some sex pervert far away, and then probably after years of abuse, dying an unknown death in an unknown place. A 9-year old confronting some hardboiled thugs and killing them? If you ask me, that some balls of steel.

That's why I don't understand how Eren can ride a horse, I mean with such large balls it must be difficult. But you are correct, Eren has more guts than anybody, I mean he took on the colossal titan by himself whilst everyone else was too busy removing their soiled underwear.
Sep 15, 2013 9:45 AM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:

Gets mad at Eren for "letting his emotions take over", Mikasa does the exact same thing. She lets her emotions get the better of her in Trost, and has to be saved by Eren because of it, yet you won't call her a "weak ass who lets her emotions get the better of her"
Mikasa killed far less titans that Eren did in his titan form. All of the soldiers in HQ would have died (including Mikasa) if Erens titan didn't defeat the titans outside.
At Trost - Mikasa, was in the rearguard so she had much less titans to fight, was in an elite squad so she had good backup.
Eren - was spearheading the assault, was the most skilled soldier in his group (they all sucked, Armin outlasted them all) and was attacked by multiple titans at the same time. Still, Eren managed to save Armin, whilst missing one of his dam legs. (Sure sounds like a weak ass who could hold a titans mouth open, whilst missing a leg, and then pull him out, yep sure sounds weak to me.

So basically at Trost, Mikasa had it easy, whilst Eren got thrown into the fire. Yes she is more skilled than him, but in terms of raw titan killing ability, Eren's titan form > all (probably even Levi, Eren doesn't need objects for the 3DMG to grapple off of).

Just some thoughts :

Therefore I always think Mikasa is a liability in battles as a soldier. She lost herself easily over anything about Eren and deserted her duty and fellow colleagues without hesitation. She should just quit the army and be just Eren's personal bodyguard.

To compare others in human form to anyone in titan form without using any tools is a bit unfair, don't you think? Of course no human can be compared to even the smallest/weakest titan.

In addition, not to mention he still managed to kill a titan while losing his arms. That was amazing.
Sep 15, 2013 9:56 AM
Jul 2013
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

Just some thoughts :

Therefore I always think Mikasa is a liability in battles as a soldier. She lost herself easily over anything about Eren and deserted her duty and fellow colleagues without hesitation. She should just quit the army and be just Eren's personal bodyguard.

To compare others in human form to anyone in titan form without using any tools is a bit unfair, don't you think? Of course no human can be compared to even the smallest/weakest titan.

In addition, not to mention he still managed to kill a titan while losing his arms. That was amazing.

Please smash your last line to them Eren haters, please.

Mikasa is Eren's bodyguard, what you talking about foo? o-o

And regardless of Mikasa's love for Eren, she is still very capable, a prodigy as stated by that instructor guy who looks Persian/Islamic in the training arcs.
Sep 15, 2013 11:11 AM
Jul 2013
Xinception said:
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

Just some thoughts :

And regardless of Mikasa's love for Eren, she is still very capable, a prodigy as stated by that instructor guy who looks Persian/Islamic in the training arcs.

Nah.. I'm quite an Eren hater myself.. ^^;
Nevertheless I don't deny that he had his moments. I just don't like his personality and his constant blabbing about titans in each episode. He was conceited too thinking he should be able to defeat all titans just because he had some training.

Oh, Mikasa is a capable fighter alright, no one is doubting that. But is she a capable or a reliable soldier? I mean if all ever she cared for was to protect Eren, then she should just be his bodyguard instead of joining the army where you are supposed put aside personal feelings when you are in missions. I get why she is so obsessed about protecting Eren or not losing him but many of her actions could be considered selfish and endanger the others.
yuquallSep 15, 2013 7:11 PM
Sep 15, 2013 11:51 AM
Jul 2013
yuquall said:
Xinception said:
yuquall said:
MikasaxEren said:

Just some thoughts :

Nah.. I'm quite an Eren hater myself.. ^^;
Nevertheless I don't deny that he had his moments. I just don't like his personality and his constant blabbing about titans in each episode. He was conceited too thinking he should be able to defeat all titans just because he had some training.

Oh, Mikasa is a capable fighter alright, no one is doubting that. But is she a capable or a reliable soldier? I mean if all ever she cared for was to protect Eren, then she should just be his bodyguard instead of joining the army where you are supposed put aside personal feelings when you are in missions. I get why she is so obsessed about protecting Eren or not losing him but many of her actions could be considered selfish and endanger the others.

So she's not a Mary Sue then! She's flawed then! Take that Mikasa Hayturs. You helped me proven this to them haters. You cool, for now :P.

Well, she will still be a capable soldier..... if Eren's still a soldier. :P
Sep 15, 2013 5:36 PM

Jul 2013
In a way, we are breaking Fighter Eren down, so not quite derailed.

Look guys, I've stated my facts. Eren lost, but he didn't do too bad. Those times the FT tripped over? Those were not coincidences. Eren caused them with tactics. First time, with the good ol' double up. Second time, with a stance shift. I'm going take some images now, make a little story board to show people.

I am going by hard facts here. Stuff I analysed. And what I saw was a Eren that had something going.

Someone said his titan form is weak? Squishy yes. But Eren's form is way too strong for his size. Only thing stronger is the colossal titan really. I guess it's Eren special power. Like FT's hardening and regeneration, Armoured titans nigh invulnerability and Colossal Titan's immense size and steam powers. Eren should learn more though.

Xinception said:

So she's not a Mary Sue then! She's flawed then! Take that Mikasa Hayturs. You helped me proven this to them haters. You cool, for now :P.

Well, she will still be a capable soldier..... if Eren's still a soldier. :P

People are still going to complain about her weaknesses now. Always going to find something to hate something else with, no matter how downright hypocritical.

Mikasa is a flawed character, rejoice! Can't call her a Mary Sue now for how irresponsible her actions were. Take that. And now complain about her unreliability...
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.