Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode aired 30 minutes earlier than usual today.

Dat OST ;.; so smooth and calm. God damn it, I still miss Levi's squad from that fight. RIP ;.; . I feel bad for Levi obviously as well. I also feel a bit sorry for Irvin as well considering his plan is a bit...broken now.

Freaking Titans. Pretty decent action in the second half. I just love this OST. Retreaaaaaaaaaaat. Levi looks pissed this episode LOL. I'm not surprised though.

Eh some more flashbacks..somewhat nice to revisit the peace humanity once enjoyed I guess. (and horror) Well at least Eren is back. They lost so many people though ;.; Fucking FT. I can feel Eren's feels somewhat at the end there.

Pretty sure they will reveal FT's identity next week with that PV. I can imagine they will play an OST similar to the one used this week when that happens, maybe.
Stark700Sep 7, 2013 9:58 AM
Sep 7, 2013 9:54 AM

Apr 2009
Weird filler ep, but whatever.

Dumping Petra's body got me, hard. That was a cheap shot.
Sep 7, 2013 9:59 AM

May 2010
Okay, my heart just broke, officially. T_T
Poor Levi-heichou! Petra! //sobs
Poor Eren! Mikasa! //gross sobbing
MermaidGalaxiesSep 7, 2013 11:21 AM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 7, 2013 10:01 AM

Jul 2007
Petra's body and her dad ;_;
Sep 2012
I really liked most of the filler material. The moment with Eren there as a kid and then with the scouting legion cape, dumping Petra's body(why would you do that anime-writers arghhrgh). Levi's confrontation with the Female Titan looked great, too and then Petra's dad and Eren's tears capping it off.

5/5. Very nice expansion.
PipokoSep 7, 2013 10:12 AM

May 2009
IchigoHollowfi said:
It was filler? o_o
A lot of it was. The stuff with the soldiers wanting to go back for their dead friend and the titans attacking was all anime original.

Good stuff.
Sep 7, 2013 10:02 AM
Sep 2013
I'm sure it was writen by Isayama, so much details that are missed on Manga, and its not the first time that we see some "special details" with more explanations for those that read the manga

Example: When they come back on Manga, there's no bodies, i always wonder why there's not an scene of Petra's father with his daughter, now i know why, and fuck, it was so freaking sad! T^T

(Sorry for my english, i'm spanish XD)
I'm not english, i'm spanish, so sorry for my mistakes when i write D:

I figured out the ending of Shingeki no Kyojin back in 2014 :)
Sep 7, 2013 10:02 AM

Jan 2009
Sad in so many levels... I cried... and I never cry watching these things...
english isn't my native language... ;)
Sep 7, 2013 10:03 AM
Sep 2012
256k said:
I'm sure it was writen by Isayama, so much details that are missed on Manga, and its not the first time that we see some "special details" with more explanations for those that read the manga

Example: When they come back on Manga, there's no bodies, i always wonder why there's not an scene of Petra's father with his daughter, now i know why, and fuck, it was so freaking sad! T^T

(Sorry for my english, i'm spanish XD)

Yeah, the expansion makes sense, it explains why we never saw bodies in the manga. It's so freaking cruel, though. Well, that's just how shingeki is.
Sep 7, 2013 10:05 AM

Sep 2010
I feel betrayed by MBS for airing episode earlier ლ(ಠ益ಠლ Sounds like it was good (can sad be good..?) episode with all additional stuff, can't wait for raws ;_;

edit: who'd have thought that fillers can make you cry? This was even more depressing than the last episode. I don't have words anymore..
tchSep 7, 2013 11:10 AM
Sep 7, 2013 10:06 AM

Apr 2013
I guess it wasn't that bad of a filler episode.
The action wasn't too bad and they got some feels in.
When they dropped Petra's body.. Then with her dad at the end ;_;
Sep 7, 2013 10:18 AM

Apr 2009
Oh god, that Hitch in the preview. Cutest slut ever.

http://i.imgur.com/9nC3bj2.jpg
Sep 7, 2013 11:18 AM

May 2011
Amarrez said:

so they're trying to end this with fillers ?
Sep 7, 2013 11:23 AM

May 2013
Satan-sama said:

so they're trying to end this with fillers ?

No, they added new scenes so they could do an episode with only 30 pages of manga.
Sep 7, 2013 11:27 AM

Jan 2009
this filler showed what hasn't been shown in the manga... was a great filler...

I never thought I would like a filler episode LOL
english isn't my native language... ;)
Sep 7, 2013 11:31 AM
Sep 2012
mixordia said:
this filler showed what hasn't been shown in the manga... was a great filler...

I never thought I would like a filler episode LOL

Great direction and understanding of source material can do wonderful things. Also it wasn't complete filler. It covered all of chapter 30.
Sep 7, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2012
I didn't watch it yet, but does this episode show this part .....

Sep 7, 2013 11:33 AM

May 2009
thepath said:
I didn't watch it yet, but does this episode show this part .....

Yes, it's at the start of the episode.
Sep 7, 2013 11:53 AM

May 2012
Damn this episode felt kind of sad to me. Felt bad for Levi this ep. Speaking of Levi did he turn into sonic. I mean he was rolling while cutting the shit out of that female titan. Also was the female titan crying? why? I guess next episode we might get to she who it is inside the ft. Great episode this week imo.
Sep 7, 2013 12:09 PM

Aug 2012
Can't tell if the fight scene was good or not, seeing how people react. Oh, and looking forward to this filler ep even more.
Sep 7, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
Beaver897 said:
Can't tell if the fight scene was good or not, seeing how people react. Oh, and looking forward to this filler ep even more.

It was fine. Short, but it was short in the manga as well.
Sep 7, 2013 12:47 PM

May 2009
Found this episode pretty good, the added stuff makes it really powerful and depressing.

Also, noticed how the recap contained some clips from the previous episode that were not animated last week, kindda teases us with some of the fixes to come on the Bluray release :p
Sep 7, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2013
I got hit hard in the feels when Eren saw the kid that was just like him, and he realised that his dream wasn't so great as he imagined and then he cried (MIKASA WAS HOLDING HIS HAND!!!!!!) but it was sad to see how it was almost like a mirror to all those years ago, and Eren dream with the Scouting Legion cape when he was a child :( . While a lot of this episode was filler it was filler that expanded and added to the story instead of just seeming tacked on, did love this episode although it was sad.

Man, I'm not Levi's biggest fan, but he really pulled through this episode, and I couldn't help but feel bad for him, It was so sad when he watche Petra's body be discarded :( .
Sep 7, 2013 1:22 PM
Jul 2013
MikasaxEren said:
I got hit hard in the feels when Eren saw the kid that was just like him, and he realised that his dream wasn't so great as he imagined and then he cried (MIKASA WAS HOLDING HIS HAND!!!!!!) but it was sad to see how it was almost like a mirror to all those years ago, and Eren dream with the Scouting Legion cape when he was a child :( . While a lot of this episode was filler it was filler that expanded and added to the story instead of just seeming tacked on, did love this episode although it was sad.

Man, I'm not Levi's biggest fan, but he really pulled through this episode, and I couldn't help but feel bad for him, It was so sad when he watche Petra's body be discarded :( .

Wait, do the bodies get burnt? Granting them a viking-like death, thus an honorable one?

Or

Do they get thrown as bait for Titans for the remaining soldiers to escape?

It'd be sad if it's the second option ._.

And, fuck yes Mikasa, going on the offense like that.
Sep 7, 2013 1:26 PM

May 2009
Xinception said:
MikasaxEren said:
It was so sad when he watche Petra's body be discarded :( .
Wait, do the bodies get burnt? Granting them a viking-like death, thus an honorable one?

Or

The bodies were pushed off the carts in order to escape the titans chasing them.
Sep 7, 2013 1:27 PM
Jul 2013
stAtic91 said:
Xinception said:
MikasaxEren said:
It was so sad when he watche Petra's body be discarded :( .

Or

The bodies were pushed off the carts in order to escape the titans chasing them.

A moment of silence for their sacrifices.
Sep 7, 2013 1:32 PM

Aug 2013
Xinception said:
MikasaxEren said:

Or

And, fuck yes Mikasa, going on the offense like that.

Had a good laugh at "going on the offence" the moment was sweet and sad, they both recognised that it was a scene from their lives so long ago, when things were ok.
This episode is a good example that Eren is a lot deeper than "hurr durr kill titans" and that he does have a lot of emotion, he just struggles to show anything but anger most of the time.
Sep 7, 2013 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed that extra stuffs Wit had added on this episode.

Levi owning that Female Titan...like a boss! Too bad he broke his leg :(

And what about that beautiful girl showed before the first half ended, is she Erd's fiancèe?

5 / 5 from me. Such a sad episode TT^TT
Sep 7, 2013 1:45 PM

Nov 2011
I was disappointed a bit at Levi rescue Eren & Mikasa part since I was waiting to see it for so long. It seems like the animation for that scene kind of lacking. Levi sporting that SONIC moves was awesome though. GOTTA GO FAST!!

Not to mention one of his glorious panel in the manga when by really fast too (though that was the point of that panel). I still laughing at that for some reason XD
http://i.imgur.com/ia2RlRY.jpg

Though the filler was really good, it does feel like they added some extended scene that was supposed in manga to this ep. It's really hard to see so many of the soldiers dead bodies especially Levi's team. Than the titan suddenly chasing them while they transported the bodies back to the wall was unexpected.

What making it worse that one of the bodies that use as the bait for the titans was Petra! I was like NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Not enough she get stomped by FT before than that scene happen, dammit!!!! ;_;
Levi's expression at that scene NOOOOO!!! & Petra's dad cheerfully talking to him make it much more painful D:

Nice touch with Eren's flashback. Damn this episode! I always thought this chapter in the manga was really sad but the anime expansion for it just make it much more depressing ;_;
arena149Sep 7, 2013 1:50 PM
Sep 7, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2010
they did a great job of adding stuff to the original material. It really felt like it was straight out of the manga. It added more to Levi's character especially

They way they threw of the bodies from the cart was depressing :(

Eren seeing himself and Mikasa in those 2 kids, and realizing how little he knew back then, was a scene i always loved in the manga

5/5
Sep 7, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2010
filler that fits the story. How rare.
Although after I read some commenst and it might be wrote by author himself that would explain the stuff. Still to make something in anime more brutal than in manga... they don't beat around the bush.

Action scenes with Levi slashing down FT was also awesome.

And I didn't see it in manga that well but here despair at their faces at the end of episode especially Ervin was much better.

In the contrast scene where FT cries was way to fast to the point where someone asked the question did she really cry. Well I mention this because in manga we can just stop at the panel and look as long as we want.

Ah one more thing. I really like filler part where Armin had his five seconds. He really becomes more and more scary.
Sep 7, 2013 2:04 PM

Jun 2011
The filler part was Great..and SAD!!! :(
Levi went HAM on FT..
Damn when petra's father was talking to Levi.. F*** no one would like to be in his place!!
and Erwin took the blame for every thing..
the preview,

5/5
Sep 7, 2013 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:

5/5

Sep 7, 2013 2:31 PM
Sep 2013
What it was all that filler about? Seriously, they put filler here; now;

~Pika Pika!~ Pikachu
~Upa! Metal upa!~ Mayuri
Sep 7, 2013 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
FeLiNa_ said:

But it was a good filler and it kind of pretty told us why they didn't have any dead bodies with them when they returned inside the wall.
Sep 7, 2013 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
Levi was so pro in this episode ;-; Best character!
Sep 7, 2013 3:37 PM
Sep 2013
ArufeimKirra said:
FeLiNa_ said:

But it was a good filler and it kind of pretty told us why they didn't have any dead bodies with them when they returned inside the wall.

Cuz the titans usually eat the whole body and even if remain something no one will risk his life for a corpse, that's why they don't bring dead bodies when they return and not why the bury them outside.

Yeah the only good think in this episode it was Levi raping that bitch.

~Pika Pika!~ Pikachu
~Upa! Metal upa!~ Mayuri
Sep 7, 2013 3:56 PM

May 2009
FeLiNa_ said:
ArufeimKirra said:
FeLiNa_ said:

Cuz the titans usually eat the whole body and even if remain something no one will risk his life for a corpse, that's why they don't bring dead bodies when they return and not why the bury them outside.
It's not far-fetched considering they bothered to bring back dismembered arms and the likes in their previous outings.
Sep 7, 2013 3:57 PM

Apr 2009
FeLiNa_ said:
ArufeimKirra said:
FeLiNa_ said:

Cuz the titans usually eat the whole body

No, they don't. That's why there were so many corpses around after Trost.
Sep 7, 2013 4:10 PM

Apr 2013
Amarrez said:

pretty sure even if some of the content was filler it was written by the manga's author.
Sep 7, 2013 4:17 PM

Jun 2012
Why was that one Titan running with his arms crossed? They have some weird habits, that's for sure
Sep 7, 2013 4:22 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
well.. this felt utterly pointless ep.. the ep dragged like hell.. it felt that 5minute scene was made into 20minutes
Sep 7, 2013 4:24 PM

Aug 2013
Wow Levi is amazing.
My Candies:
Sep 7, 2013 4:24 PM

May 2013
Great episode and also really sad, anime is better than the manga in a lot of aspects really made me feel for each character in this episode.
Sep 7, 2013 4:28 PM

Sep 2012
Levi was really Badass in the beginning of this episode
And, why everyone has to die in this anime? When Petra's father was talking to Levi, I almost cried here.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Sep 7, 2013 4:30 PM
Sep 2013
stAtic91 said:
It's not far-fetched considering they bothered to bring back dismembered arms and the likes in their previous outings.

It's a different story to bring back a arm than to bring a whole body.

How much is the "so many"'?

~Pika Pika!~ Pikachu
~Upa! Metal upa!~ Mayuri

May 2012
I HATE THIS SERIES SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!! First they kill off Petra and now they get rid of her body?!?!?! All this series does is rip out my heart, eat it, spit it out, give me a week to get over it, and then repeat!!! DX
YET WHY DO I STILL LOVE IT?!?!

and I don't care if this was a filler. It was good enough to make me cry and that's all I care about...

May 2013
Damn that look on Levi's face when he saw Petra's body dumped out of the wagaon. Holy shit you can tell he's seen alot of people die before his eyes.
Sep 7, 2013 4:32 PM

Apr 2009
FeLiNa_ said:

How much is the "so many"'?

They spent two days collecting corpses, and they still weren't done.

http://i.imgur.com/4MDUjwS.png
Sep 7, 2013 4:36 PM
Dec 2010
Amarrez said:

This was not a filler episode, it's in the manga, they just embellished certain scenes into the anime...
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
6 hours ago

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Yesterday

34 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
7 hours ago

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.