Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 7, 2013 9:12 PM

Jun 2013
Angry mob with torches going to burn some witches... Can't say I see that very often.

That's some fancy looking ice cream.

Also, does anyone know if this is an anime original or does it have some kind of source material?
Sep 7, 2013 9:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Luna's daemonia form is pretty weird, and wow my favorite character loses her powers :( Seira is the only one too who fights with little hesitation. It must be tough for Akari to fight alone, I mean she used to be on a four people team, but she's still pretty powerful. I kind of want to blame her because it's kind of her fault that Seira got bitten, but it's one of those things...is it better to try to save someone who you don't know if you can save by risking people's lives or is it better to just stop it before it can get any worse?
Sep 7, 2013 9:53 PM

Jun 2011
When Akari got that cut on her arm I remembered that scene where her mom had the exact same cut.
Fate is inevitable...
Sep 7, 2013 9:54 PM

Feb 2013
Hamelin said:
Angry mob with torches going to burn some witches... Can't say I see that very often.

That's some fancy looking ice cream.

Also, does anyone know if this is an anime original or does it have some kind of source material?

It is in fact an original and the manga adaptation launched at about the same time*. The first chapter is up on Batoto and seems to go into greater depth than the show is able to in its limited 24 minutes per week. At least being an original property they won't be in the hole as bad due to the lackluster sales as they would have been with a licensed production. I think projected sales are something like 600-800 BD copies, well below the Manabi line (selling merch would certainly help the bottom line - I know I'd buy some Gen'ei inspired trinkets ... especially that beautiful tarot deck)

* The concept, character design and basic foundation has been around since Comiket 80 in early 2011 with the working title "Gen'ei no Messiah"/"Blood of Fortune", couldn't get anything published until this year though.

e: I am also interested in purchasing a live Tendou/homunculus to repeat the last word of every sentence I speak and just be all small and adorable and floppy all the time.
ParpySep 7, 2013 10:00 PM
Sep 8, 2013 12:13 AM

Jul 2013
This is actually a pretty good episode, so much drama feels as well the action is good. Wow the angry mob just burned down their base and now, they are are on the run

However one flaw of this is sort of rushed when Akari became solo, and Seira now has to stand by in idle. Well that is my opinion, I hope these last two episodes will have a good ending.

Sep 8, 2013 5:58 AM
Jan 2013
Someone should made some new genre name for series like this. Something like "Dark Mahou Shoujo" or "Twisted Mahou Shoujo" or "Sayonara, Zetsubou Mahou Shoujo".
Sep 8, 2013 7:45 AM
Feb 2012
And here I thought Luna would be dead by now. Oh well, there's always next week.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 8, 2013 11:23 AM

Oct 2011
OMG Luna TwT. Soon her humanity will be taken over.

WTH burning down their mansion
Sep 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
shit she can't fight anymore was it because of Luna's bite? guess we'll find out
Sep 8, 2013 1:01 PM

Apr 2010
This episode was a bit rushed and it didn't really show the impact emotionally on the characters the events behind the scenes also don't really have a good explanation.
The enemy is after Akari and made several attempts to get her however it seems Akari was called at the right time to prevent her from being taken.

It's a bit strange that the organisation of the school didn't see that riot coming they should know when rumours start spreading.
Sep 8, 2013 11:55 PM

Jan 2011
Well aside from Luna's new costume and one of the first moe mobs I've seen...that was pretty much like the others in the series. Even ecchi fan service isn't going to rescue this one.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 9, 2013 8:02 AM

May 2012
Damn good ep after a pretty long lull, the pacing in this show is kind of erratic but when it gets things right it's pretty fun viewing.

Cementary child turning out to be evil was the most contrived plot device I've seen this season, and the angry mob happened all too soon but I feel like the episode redeemed itself in other areas:

-The action scenes were highly entertaining

-The plot is finally evolving and we're learning more from the cat + crow

-I actually miss Ginka

and

-A particularly majestic OST that ccould carry pretty much any show despite its flaws. Not to mention that ED/OP as well.

Keen for next week
Sep 9, 2013 12:08 PM

Feb 2013
Perisher said:
-A particularly majestic OST that ccould carry pretty much any show despite its flaws. Not to mention that ED/OP as well.

The composer has pretty strong credentials

http://myanimelist.net/people/13115/Kato_Tatsuya
Sep 9, 2013 1:18 PM

Mar 2013
I know that I had some strangely Fellowship of the Ring vibes in the beginning of the first episode, as far as music is concerned.

I got drawn to the show from watching Ep01 at a friends house several weeks back, and now, I have to say that it's one of my favorites for this season thus far. Although, I do worry a bit about how they intend to finish everything in a satisfactory way with the little time they have left.
Sep 9, 2013 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
As I predicted, it is grimmer and grimmer, and now the chaos and horror is city wide scale...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 9, 2013 2:04 PM
Aug 2011
Angry mobs should have destroyed the school in the first episode.
Sep 9, 2013 11:14 PM

Feb 2013
Well looks like we are heading straight to the pits of depression.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Sep 10, 2013 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
Poorly executed.
It's barely keeping my interest most of the time.
Sep 10, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
i was enjoying this ep but then the last part had to ruin it, that angry mob scene was dumb

JerichoDeath said:
I know that I had some strangely Fellowship of the Ring vibes in the beginning of the first episode, as far as music is concerned.

so i wasnt the only one who thought that, theres an ost that sounds very similar to that Lord of the Rings soundtrack called Concerning Hobbits
Sep 11, 2013 11:17 AM

Oct 2012
woah i never knew luna had some serious curves under those clothes until now

^ Why isn't this updating...
Sep 11, 2013 11:36 AM

May 2013
Pizuya said:
woah i never knew luna had some serious curves under those clothes until now

She hadn't, but cerberum gave her a steroidsdaemonia shot which did wonders for her skinny figure (which her cloths can no longer contain) :3
mangamuscleSep 12, 2013 8:15 PM
Sep 12, 2013 8:05 PM

Sep 2012
My god, this show is bad. It's asspull after asspull, nothing ever had foreshadowing. That last scene with the angry mob was nothing short of laughable.
Sep 14, 2013 1:13 PM

Jun 2012
Woah, just Akari is left who can fight. . .
, and how can they get Luna back?

Very interesting, since it seems like everything is turning for the worst. .

Sep 14, 2013 1:48 PM

Apr 2012
Still 3 episodes to go. I am glad when it ends ^^°
Sep 22, 2013 7:31 AM

Apr 2009
It's annoying how Sephiro Fiore is always one to a few steps behind the enemy. I keep thinking "you only realized this now?!" ... and then I get even more annoyed at the know-it-all animal "messengers" who keep spouting off things that crank up the annoyance level even further. Somebody shoot the damn things already...!

If they weren't so pitifully few, maybe I'd love to see some kind of revolt or revolution against this Leguzario organization... or just have the remaining girls fight in a mutually destructive final battle to end this transpiring train wreck of a show that started going downhill after a promising middle part... might as well throw in a bad ending too just because it's trying too hard in all the wrong places.

/rant off

On a less negative note, I'd like to see whatever remains of their battered faction to switch to some kind of guerrilla-style fighting action now that the tables have almost turned completely against them. Cerebrum and his pals have more than enough opportunity to take power now and it would be... totally foolish if they don't end up pressing their massive advantage at the moment.

Also, they dare not kill off Seira now...
Sep 27, 2013 5:56 AM

Dec 2011
Good bye school. And goodbye research and stuff as well, I presume.

The entire town (or at least enough of it that it may as well be) in Cerebrum's thrall.

Is Akari taking them to her aunts' place? What's to say that they won't be targeted as well though?

Akari had a very close miss. Ironic that it was one of Cerebrum's plans working that foiled his other one.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 2, 2013 12:23 AM

Sep 2012
Good to see Akari developed so much that she can fight Daemonia all by herself.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 13, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2012
Quite intense episode, lets see what's next!
Oct 16, 2013 12:57 PM

Oct 2012
Shit intense, Akari is on her own now good luck, so Cerebrum tried to get Akari for him.
Not much left to say these episode are going quick and i always have the feeling that the head teacher is suspicious.
Oct 21, 2013 2:18 PM

Oct 2012
Another intense episode, I see all weak points of this show but I somehow like it.

Though I think Cerebrum powers, shapeshifting and overseeing everyone are simply OP, he can do nearly anything. If this was to be done right, he would only corrupt people hearts and leave doing bad things to people. He should simply give them power and leave them to do what they likes. This way he is one ultimate enemy they need to destroy.
Aug 31, 2014 12:50 AM

Feb 2013
That angry mob didn't make sense. Grap your torches and pitchforks everyone! Akari is being temtped by Cerebrum. Don't fall for it! Kick his/her ass!
Nov 22, 2014 8:09 AM

Feb 2014
Pretty intense episode. Akari is starting to break down. But good thing she didn't make that pinky-swear!

Seira lost her powers??? Geez.

Why is Luna not wearing a shirt or pants? o_o Even as a werewolf she should be wearing more than that.

Also the little girl's voice reminded me of Tama from the Wixoss series! I looked it up and they were the same person so that's kinda cool

And lol an angry mob destroying and burning down the fortune telling school arbitrarily? Justice!
Noodle070Nov 22, 2014 8:17 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2015 7:26 PM
Aug 2014
The angry mob at the end reminded me a lot of the people that claim this show is just ripping off Madoka.
Aug 24, 2017 2:23 PM
Sep 2015
So, Seira got bitten and she lost her powers?

Akari is fighting alone for now.

That crow is really annoying, if you know something just say it already. I hate when there's too much mystery, that makes the anime even more boring.

N-PZm said:
The angry mob at the end reminded me a lot of the people that claim this show is just ripping off Madoka.

I agree with you. I always said that this was not a madoka ripoff, but they're very similar. Like, Luna gets turned into a Daemonia and Sayaka from PMMM becomes a witch and on both these anime, the other magical girls don't want to fight with them.
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Mar 2018
This show is just depressing and nothing much else. I'm sure they will make things even worse in the coming episodes.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

83 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

100 by Dthomas22 »»
Jan 5, 2019 3:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.