Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jul 27, 2014 4:13 PM

Jun 2013
God, Now Mal is fucking lagging...... I can't even comment or send messages properly!
Jul 30, 2014 4:44 AM

May 2013
Kineta said:
Problems Staying Logged In
We've made a number of changes in order to bring the site back online after our recent downtime. These changes benefit us by having increased security against DDoS attacks.

Unfortunately, the implementation of these changes also caused some unintentional session issues and picture-related problems. While pictures should have returned to normal now, the session issues are still being worked on.

These issues will cause the following message to appear after some minutes of being logged in:
Sorry! We've had a problem keeping you logged in.
Please clear your cookies, close your browser, and try again to log in. Thanks.
For now, you should not need to clear your cookies, nor close your browser. Re-logging in should suffice.

We are working to have these session issues fixed as soon as possible. Please bear with us as we try to bring the site back into working order again.

BBCode Still Disabled
I'm sure some of you are curious, so I will add that BBCode will continue to be disabled for the short term, as per my previous announcement on the issue. For now the session issues take priority, but we will be working on having it returned as soon as possible. Please be patient with us for a bit longer.

Safe-Guarding Your Account
I'd like to ask everyone who has not read my previous announcement about how to keep your account safe, to please read it now:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=654583

Thank you all for your patience and encouragement over these last few weeks. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to work through these issues and bring the site back into order.
Glad to see this is being fixed.
Aug 7, 2014 10:33 AM

Nov 2007
Being logged out randomly has been an issue for me for months on this site.

And before anyone tries to blame computers, IPs, etc.:

This has happened consistently on 3 different computers and 1 mobile phone.

This has happened consistently in several locations. It was happening at home, on my 4G mobile internet, and I've been abroad and have stayed in 3 different hotels the past 3 weeks and it has happened in all 3 of them.

Clearly, the issue is with the site.

So, 1 year later, are you still "working to have these session issues fixed as soon as possible"?

EDIT: And it just happened again as I was editing this post. -_-

Aug 7, 2014 11:40 AM

Oct 2009
You get logged out every time your IP changes, at the very least. If you get logged out more often then that is a problem
SerhiykoAug 8, 2014 1:59 AM
Aug 7, 2014 7:09 PM

Nov 2007
Serhiyko said:
You get logged out every time your IP changes, at the very least. If you get logged out more often than that is a problem

I'm pretty sure my IP isn't changing every 30 minutes.

Aug 18, 2014 10:48 PM

Mar 2008
I keep getting the sorry we cant keep you logged in message, every time I try and add something to my list. Any one know what's up, is it just MAL?
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Aug 19, 2014 2:04 AM

Oct 2009
XxThageXx said:
I keep getting the sorry we cant keep you logged in message, every time I try and add something to my list. Any one know what's up, is it just MAL?

Try to uncheck the "Always stay logged in?" option
Aug 22, 2014 2:15 AM

Mar 2013
kevinlowl said:
Why does some users get affected by this and some don't?

I have yet to hear for a user that wasn't effected at least once. Wouldn't know for the cause or reason, but I haven't had any issues staying logged in for quite some time now.
Aug 22, 2014 5:50 AM

Oct 2009
kevinlowl said:
Why does some users get affected by this and some don't?

Well, if you access the site with a different IP, you get logged out, always. But for some users that happens more often, or, to be more precise, for some IPs, or, presumably, some IP ranges. As for the reason, it's anyone's guess
Aug 26, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
For some reason my anime list background won't update? I recently changed it and it has been at least 10 minutes and its still not updated. Also how do i edit my signature to be GIF file?
I am waffle-senpai! ♪(๑◕‿◕๑)♪
Aug 26, 2014 5:31 PM

Oct 2009
BluishWaffle said:
For some reason my anime list background won't update? I recently changed it and it has been at least 10 minutes and its still not updated.

What did you change it to?
Aug 27, 2014 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
Can anyone help with my list? http://prntscr.com/4gwkoa It appears like this,in my manga list too. What's the problem?
Aug 27, 2014 3:07 AM

Oct 2009
The_ClownPrince said:
Can anyone help with my list? http://prntscr.com/4gwkoa It appears like this,in my manga list too. What's the problem?

Someone probably edited the imports you are using. Ask the author of the theme or in this club: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19736
Aug 27, 2014 3:22 AM

Aug 2013
Serhiyko said:
The_ClownPrince said:

Someone probably edited the imports you are using. Ask the author of the theme or in this club: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19736
Ok thanks.
Aug 31, 2014 4:26 AM
Apr 2013
I'd like to request to disable IP detection for my account. Every time I visit the site from the new session, I have to login again and it doesn't stick after my IP is changed.
LiandriSAug 31, 2014 4:50 AM
Sep 8, 2014 11:55 PM
Jun 2009
I was wondering if the option "Remember me" is ever going to be useful for me again.
I don't even know of any ISP with a static IP in my country. My current ISP gives ips like 81.84.xxx.xxx .
Sep 9, 2014 2:30 AM

Sep 2011
So this problem is back once again... Good thing I'm not lurking here that much unlike before.

Sep 9, 2014 8:38 AM
Apr 2013
Tennouji_ said:
So this problem is back once again... Good thing I'm not lurking here that much unlike before.
I'd like to say that it's not "back" for me. It was always there, since my join date April 6, 2013.
Sep 9, 2014 8:38 PM
Jun 2009
Yeah it has been here for around a year. I didn't comment before because I though it was being fixed.
Oct 19, 2014 12:02 PM

Feb 2011
Are you fucking kidding me? You're one of the top sites, how hard can it be to hire a competent developer and fix your shit. It's been a whole year for a single, and might i add CORE, issue.
Closer.
Oct 19, 2014 12:55 PM

Oct 2009
ZaBici said:
Are you fucking kidding me? You're one of the top sites, how hard can it be to hire a competent developer and fix your shit.

It isn't hard, but hiring anyone costs money

ZaBici said:
It's been a whole year for a single, and might i add CORE, issue.

More than an year, in fact. The site had login issues way back before this thread was created
Oct 19, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
Alright now this is getting out of control, when it was happening sometimes I was ok with it, didn't bother me much, but now it almost loggs me out every 10-20 mins, sometimes even when I just log in and hit refresh, bom, logged out right away. :/

Is anyone even working on this? Considering how long we have this problem, I don't think so.
Oct 19, 2014 3:21 PM

Oct 2009
Unchecking "Keep me logged in?" option sometimes helps
Oct 19, 2014 10:24 PM
Jan 2011
Did MAL server just breathe its last breath.
I watch the last 4 eps of Log Horizon and now my profile...

My profile along with manga&anime list reverted to what it was about 2 years ago.

WTH. I`ve even gotten my old sig back. LMAO.

Man, Iam not going to remember the 100 anime that just poofed off my list lol.
unknown_prodigyOct 19, 2014 10:37 PM

Dam size restrictions :(
Oct 20, 2014 9:16 AM

Jan 2011
unknown_prodigy said:
Did MAL server just breathe its last breath.
I watch the last 4 eps of Log Horizon and now my profile...

My profile along with manga&anime list reverted to what it was about 2 years ago.

WTH. I`ve even gotten my old sig back. LMAO.

Man, Iam not going to remember the 100 anime that just poofed off my list lol.

***Never mind , I had 2 accounts apparently , lol.
Oct 20, 2014 10:44 AM

Feb 2011
Serhiyko said:

It isn't hard, but hiring anyone costs money

It's why i said they are one of the top sites, they should have money to fix this issue.
Serhiyko said:

More than an year, in fact. The site had login issues way back before this thread was created

That doesn't really work in their favor; This issue started when they re-vamped the site and removed CC and GD, that's all i remember.
Closer.
Oct 20, 2014 10:49 AM
Feb 2014
ZaBici said:
It's why i said they are one of the top sites, they should have money to fix this issue.

They have, they are just not willing to spend more than is needed

ZaBici said:
This issue started when they re-vamped the site and removed CC and GD, that's all i remember.

What's that?
Oct 26, 2014 5:31 AM
Feb 2014
I still have the problem.
I come from Belgium and I use Chrome :c
Nov 10, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
Any chance someone from the admin section would work on this issue?

Thanks in advance ^_^
Regards, Riogi
Nov 14, 2014 7:36 AM

Oct 2009
Riogi said:
Any chance someone from the admin section would work on this issue?

No chance at all
Nov 23, 2014 7:09 PM

Jun 2014
I tried to post a comment on the anime discussion board, then noticed how it was taking forever for it to confirm. I tried to return to my profile, and it gives me the message "access denied".

Nov 24, 2014 1:45 AM

Oct 2009
Maybe there was something in your message?
Dec 4, 2014 4:19 AM

May 2011
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the login issues seem to stem from the usage of Incapsula, a web service which seems to change everyone's IP as seen from this site, and then login requiring cookies which look for the same IP...
Dec 8, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2012
a lot of images aren't showing up for me..? even my own profile picture, and a lot of character pictures as well...

Dec 10, 2014 9:29 AM

Oct 2014
Takei_Hisa said:
a lot of images aren't showing up for me..? even my own profile picture, and a lot of character pictures as well...

Same here. -- though it seems to only be a problem with my profile pic which suddenly stopped loading. I deleted it and uploaded a new one to no avail. Also logged off and on.

When I hover over it and "inspect element" I get this:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/userimages/414723.jpg
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Dec 10, 2014 10:51 AM

Oct 2009
8oomer said:
Same here. -- though it seems to only be a problem with my profile pic which suddenly stopped loading.

That's not true - a lot of users experience problems recently:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1320777
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1321223
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1321883
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1322011
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1322175
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=76425
Dec 10, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2014
Serhiyko said:
That's not true - a lot of users experience problems recently

You misunderstood my post. I'm aware that others have the same problem: I was stating that for me it seems to be confined to the profile pic whereas Takei_Hisa listed other types of pics not loading for her/him in addition to the profile pic.

Anyway, thanks for the additional links and I also found your informative post in the Support section (which I wished I had found sooner).

Dec 10, 2014 1:56 PM

Oct 2009
8oomer said:
I'm aware that others have the same problem: I was stating that for me it seems to be confined to the profile pic whereas Takei_Hisa listed other types of pics not loading for her/him in addition to the profile pic.

Oh. Well if that will make you feel better, I see Anzu on your profile picture just fine :)
Dec 10, 2014 2:30 PM

Oct 2014
Serhiyko said:
Oh. Well if that will make you feel better, I see Anzu on your profile picture just fine :)
LOL I'm glad somebody can.

BTW, my 10 second workaround is to rightclick the image, inspect element, and edit the link by backspacing out the "cnd" at the start. Unfortunately this only lasts until the page gets refreshed but at least I know that the image file itself is not at fault.

Update edit: Logged on today (Dec 11) and my profile pic of Anzu was smirking at me like nothing ever happened. Back to watching anime...
8oomerDec 11, 2014 7:12 AM

Jan 10, 2015 3:47 PM

Jun 2014
I'm getting this

Whenever I try to access my account. Then when I tried to search for my account, I get:

Not Found

The requested URL /profile/zat-bust was not found on this server.

Did I get banned ? I hope not since I can still post on forums.

Jan 10, 2015 3:52 PM
Oct 2014
zat-bust said:
I'm getting this

Whenever I try to access my account. Then when I tried to search for my account, I get:

Not Found

Same here. Googling it brought me here but I can't seem to find a solution. I was just adding some anime to my "plan to watch" list and when I went to check my list again I got the same screen as you.
Jan 10, 2015 3:57 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
We seem to be experiencing some problems with Incapsula at the moment, it's happening to everyone. Please just hold tight for a bit.

Edit: See this thread for more info and please don't continue to post about this issue in this thread.
Jan 10, 2015 3:58 PM

Jun 2014
Pynkato said:
zat-bust said:
I'm getting this

Not Found

Same here. Googling it brought me here but I can't seem to find a solution. I was just adding some anime to my "plan to watch" list and when I went to check my list again I got the same screen as you.

I restarted my computer and cleared my cookies, it solved the issue

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by mushfik002 »»
6 minutes ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

422 by Hayukoo »»
Today, 8:30 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Yesterday

0 by Kineta »»
Yesterday, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.