Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Apr 21, 2014 3:12 AM
Oct 2013
[Other Concerns]

I've changed my forum pic but it reverted to the previous one?
Apr 21, 2014 5:11 AM

Sep 2010
That's also one of the many fuck-ups Crave did with MAL, and, again, already many times discussed in Support Forum. I.e.: it's another ages-old bug that Crave didn't even tryin' to fix. Long story short, when you uploadin' new avatar/profile pic, it's need to be in another format (extension). I.e.: if your current avatar/profile pic is JPG, your new avatar/profile pic must be GIF or PNG.
0fftopic:

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Apr 21, 2014 6:21 AM

Oct 2009
mbdsquad said:
[Other Concerns]

I've changed my forum pic but it reverted to the previous one?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=76425&show=700#msg15521929
Apr 21, 2014 12:08 PM
May 2009
Vande said:
kitsune0 said:
Konzure, old news. You go here and just simply click on "Update Signature" (you don't need to actually change anythin'). Voila! You signature updated (it takes from 0.5 to 3 minutes to change dependin' on... G-d knows what. Server traffic?).
But yeah, that's all pretty much stupid, sad & annoyin' - to the point I'm actually thinkin' about switchin' to an other similar site (Anime-Planet, I guess).

My signature will change on a manual forced update - but then it doesn't update on other sites I use my signature.

Well same here. It only updates when I hit the manual update button. Automatic updates aren't working right now. But that's ok. I already replaced the method with something else.
Apr 21, 2014 2:05 PM

Aug 2013
So will the reCaptcha thing go away eventually? It better...
Apr 21, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2010
mizuto said:
How can I know WHY the friggin' incapsula considers me dangerous???

I second this!

Because I was able to acess the site fine until a few minutes ago.
I've had 3 captcha things in a row to move from page to page.
Apr 21, 2014 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
Why can't the mods just change to another company? If Crave is incompetent it would be much easier and less stressful to just getter better to get some company and transfer the date base, wouldn' it?
I'm having a tough time to even update my list cause it don't update on 1st try thanks to this captcha shiit I even got 4 captcha in raw before being able to even see my list also some times I go back my profile and captcha and list update never happened than I have to got to my list again and update again while hoping captcha won't stop the update again.
Apr 21, 2014 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
Miketsukami-kun said:
Why can't the mods just change to another company? If Crave is incompetent it would be much easier and less stressful to just getter better to get some company and transfer the date base, wouldn' it?

the problem is MAL is owned by CraveOnline
Apr 21, 2014 7:37 PM

Sep 2011
j0x said:
Miketsukami-kun said:

the problem is MAL is owned by CraveOnline

If that is the case than I guess it'll be bugged forever. There was already a lot of bugs when I made an account they were not serious bugs like now but even those took almost a year to be fixed so I'm guessing the current ones will that even more time that if they are ever fixed.
Apr 22, 2014 11:40 AM
Jul 2008
Konzure said:

Well same here. It only updates when I hit the manual update button. Automatic updates aren't working right now. But that's ok. I already replaced the method with something else.

It's just weird that mine will update on MAL but not another forum.
Apr 22, 2014 6:27 PM

Oct 2013
This new incapsula thing is making me input a code about 20 times every time I'm roaming through the website. I get Once when you log in, but once every new page is ridiculous
Apr 22, 2014 6:57 PM

Mar 2012
TheDumen said:
This new incapsula thing is making me input a code about 20 times every time I'm roaming through the website. I get Once when you log in, but once every new page is ridiculous

It should only happen once per session, as far as I am aware. Only if you're deleting or not accepting the "visid_incap_" cookie should it keep showing up (or if your IP address or other information they are tying to you as a user keeps changing).

However, given how messed up Incapsula seems to be right now for this site, I wouldn't be surprised if even this is broken.

This isn't really rocket science, and without any public announcement it's difficult to tell what the timeline is for repairing the issue. I suppose if this isn't fixed by the end of week or an announcement is made on the status of a fix, it would be reasonable to believe that CraveOnline really doesn't care about this site or its community.
Developer, sysadmin, and anime addict.
Have an Android smartphone? Try Atarashii!
Apr 22, 2014 6:59 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
What about the img code? I edited my club layout and now it's full of links. I made sure the code was correct but it just shows links. Same with another club's layout which is messed up right now.

Apr 23, 2014 3:14 AM

Oct 2009
SweetKotomi said:
What about the img code? I edited my club layout and now it's full of links. I made sure the code was correct but it just shows links. Same with another club's layout which is messed up right now.

It was discussed in this thread. You can also read this message from the admin. It also affects users' profiles ("About Me" section), so I suggest you not to edit it for now
Apr 24, 2014 3:39 AM

Apr 2009
Makes me want to give up on MAL and find another site - the fact that Crave does not give two shits about this site really pisses me off. Serious issues usually take months to get fixed if we're lucky - most of them don't even get fixed properly and later pop up again. It's just fucking ridiculous. This site has so many issues right now, and only a few of the more serious ones ever get fixed - this site is a wreck.
RydakoApr 24, 2014 3:46 AM
Apr 24, 2014 7:23 AM

Sep 2009
Okay my IP just got banned by MAL. Will i ever get unban?
Apr 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
Rydako said:
Makes me want to give up on MAL and find another site

There's a pretty decent site out there that may convince me to switch if I hear back from the admins about an API. I'm not sure about the rules here on listing competition, so I'll refrain from naming it for now.

Rydako said:
This site has so many issues right now, and only a few of the more serious ones ever get fixed - this site is a wreck.

Try building a third-party application that makes it easier to use the core functionality of the site (managing anime and manga lists), then you'll see how much worse it is than you think. Even serious issues aren't fixed for years if ever.

It wouldn't hurt so much if the site worked okay on smaller screens, but it's stuck in ancient times, making a tool all the more important.

shinki7 said:
Okay my IP just got banned by MAL. Will i ever get unban?

As far as I can tell with a little searching, the blacklist maintained by Incapsula has a very long life and it'll take some time before it removes old entries. The only possible solution would be for Crave/MAL folks to go in and unblock you, but good luck with getting them to make that change.
Apr 25, 2014 2:04 AM

May 2010
motokochan said:
There's a pretty decent site out there that may convince me to switch if I hear back from the admins about an API. I'm not sure about the rules here on listing competition, so I'll refrain from naming it for now.

When you've decided to switch to that website and don't care about MAL anymore, please tell us the name so we can come with you.
Apr 25, 2014 2:33 AM

Apr 2009
motokochan said:

Yeah I believe I know of the site you're referring to, I remember it coming up in discussion in /a/ about half a year back, but when I checked it out then, I hated the layout and the fact that they didn't an app like Mal Updater put me off - as I'd never keep my list updated if I had to do it manually.

Let us know about your enquiry regarding an API, If one gets developed and someone develops a program similar to Mal updater with it, I'm sure quite a large number of the userbase here will consider switching - it's getting to the point where it's just frustrating using a broken site like this, knowing the people in charge wont take the site seriously and fix it.
RydakoApr 25, 2014 2:38 AM
Apr 25, 2014 3:12 AM

Sep 2010
motokochan said:
You can tell name but you can't provide the link, it's classified as spam/advertising.
Personally I think about Anime-Planet 'cause all others are just TRYIN' T00 HARD to became better than MAL and failin' miserably.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Apr 25, 2014 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. It is ridiculous that no one can tell me how to get rid of these security checks. I really love this site, and I really do NOT want to switch to another one.
Apr 25, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2013
Well looks like my home computer has been hit with the captcha passphrase windows now.

Wasnt really a big deal for me when it was only my work IP that was getting filtered, but now my home PC after being here for so long? This is kinda annoying :|
My Candies:
Apr 25, 2014 5:34 PM

Dec 2013
I really love MAL but I can't take this anymore.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Apr 25, 2014 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
Is it just me or the site is getting slower to load? Also seems some avatars are missing.
Wasn't the incapsula, the cookies problem and the [img] tag enough?
Apr 25, 2014 9:56 PM

Aug 2012
It stopped for me, for now.
Apr 26, 2014 3:52 AM

Sep 2011
Ok, wake up went to check mal and for the 1st time didn't get reCaptcha on the log in, seems it's finally gone.

I hope it stays like this.
Apr 26, 2014 11:07 AM

Mar 2012
TypicalRain said:

If said site had an Atarashii app I would switch immediately! ;D

I'm in contact with the head admin and I'll be seeing how much work it would take to port Atarashii! to use it.

kitsune0 said:
You can tell name but you can't provide the link, it's classified as spam/advertising.

It's AniList.

kitsune0 said:
Personally I think about Anime-Planet 'cause all others are just TRYIN' T00 HARD to became better than MAL and failin' miserably.

My main problem with AP is that it's not friendly on small screens and they have explicitly refused to allow any kind of "API" for third-party efforts. I totally understand their reasoning, but without being friendly to my devices, it's not easy for me to use when I'm watching on TV and don't want a full computer next to me just to note my progress.
Apr 27, 2014 5:44 AM

Jul 2008
I haven't gotten the Captcha checking even once upon logging in until now, it only appear once in a while when I'm looking at my MAL anime list (when I'm not logged in).
Apr 27, 2014 7:29 AM

Aug 2013
Oh my goodness! I am not getting security checks anymore! Is this real? Is this a reward for saving that inchworm the other day? I'm filled with joy!

I better not be jinxing it.
Apr 28, 2014 11:06 AM

Dec 2013
What if we offered advanced users the option to change the acceptable IP range?

For example, I had a dynamic IP, but it always stayed within 98.81.0.0/16 (so if my IP was 98.81.*.*, odds are it was me.)
I recently changed ISPs, and now my IP range is 24.0.0.0/8 (24.*.*.*)
However, some users have a static IP and so if the IP is different at all, you can be relatively certain it's not them.

If we allowed users to specify the range their IP can vary, then we could maximize security for users with a static IP, while not locking out people with different subnets.

We could even implement a feature to guess what a user's IP range is as their IP changes. After only 3 or 4 changes, the system could make a very good guess as to what the user's subnet was, and either implement the IP range protection automatically, or ask the user about it.
Apr 30, 2014 11:50 PM

Jan 2009
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=664475#msg25170377
Apparently, trying to use the forbidden word with "t" can still get you IP banned by Incapsula.

While I appreciate the effort you've made that otherwise I don't get any messages by Incapsula at all since about last week, this behavior is even more nerve-wracking for me than a thousand CAPTCHA messages.
May 2, 2014 7:28 AM

Apr 2012
Whenever I try to to view my panel, profile, lists, and others I always get a message saying

"myanimelist.net - Access Denied"
Error code 14
Request was blocked by the security rules
2014-05-02 14:25:02 UTC"

something like that and i seriously haven't done anything wrong. is that temporary or not?
May 2, 2014 8:07 AM

Mar 2012
RegalSerenity said:
Whenever I try to to view my panel, profile, lists, and others I always get a message saying

Based on some other topics on here, try clearing your cookies on this site. It has been reported to help. No idea if it actually will, but it's worth a try.
May 2, 2014 9:04 AM

Oct 2009
RegalSerenity said:

Error code 14

something like that and i seriously haven't done anything wrong. is that temporary or not?

Change your IP or browser, or wait untill ban is lifted off.
I think it's related to this topic: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=685567
May 2, 2014 9:36 AM

Jan 2009
RegalSerenity said:

Error code 14[...]

What were you exactly doing before? For me I got the same message for trying to post the word starting and ending with "t" which Kineta has mentioned here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=664475#msg25170377
May 2, 2014 9:59 AM

Aug 2010
Serhiyko said:
RegalSerenity said:

Error code 14

Change your IP or browser, or wait untill ban is lifted off.
I think it's related to this topic: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=685567
He can do that, or he could clear up his MAL cookies, which takes only 1 minute to do.
May 10, 2014 9:40 PM

Aug 2012
sim0n2170 said:
Having this problem again, last time this happened was like 3 months ago.

Browser: Chrome, Country: New Zealand

Once again after a few months of no issue it pops back up out of no where :(
May 14, 2014 5:45 PM

Apr 2011
sim0n2170 said:
sim0n2170 said:
Having this problem again, last time this happened was like 3 months ago.

Browser: Chrome, Country: New Zealand

Once again after a few months of no issue it pops back ujavascript:void(0);p out of no where :(

Me too i also live in new zealand and tried chrome and explorer
May 21, 2014 4:59 PM

Dec 2012
Also having login problems, seems like MAL just hates New Zealand some months >.<
May 30, 2014 7:10 AM

Jun 2013
Login issue hasn't been fixed yet? After I updated Firefox, it became increasingly frequent. Clearing cookies isn't helping at all, it keeps logging me out. Any tips? At least to reduce it.
May 30, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2009
Does your IP (assigned by your ISP) remain the same?
May 30, 2014 10:29 AM

Jun 2013
Serhiyko said:
Does your IP (assigned by your ISP) remain the same?

I'm using dial up connection so it won't be static I think.
May 30, 2014 12:05 PM

Oct 2009
Every time your IP changes, you get logged out
May 31, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2009
Add yourself to queue
Jun 19, 2014 1:17 AM

Jun 2009
I have this problem on firefox. I try clearing cookie and caches. Still unable to login. I tot it was fixed since few mths back I am still able to login. Can someone solve it?
Jun 19, 2014 3:41 AM

Oct 2009
engkhsky said:
I have this problem on firefox. I try clearing cookie and caches. Still unable to login. I tot it was fixed since few mths back I am still able to login. Can someone solve it?

Have you tried unchecking "Always stay logged in?" option?
Jun 22, 2014 5:09 PM

Feb 2014
I'm having a problem where whenever i login i get a Wrong Username/Password screen and the only way i can get pass by it is getting a new password everytime i want to login.
Stop calling me your bunny I won't hop and you don't own me
Jul 6, 2014 5:52 AM

Jun 2014
keep on either getting an error code 3 or error code 404, the latter saying that my profile and such is not on the server, any tips to stop these from happening?
Jul 27, 2014 8:45 AM

Jun 2007
Seriously, 90's want their security back.

Cases when my ip changes wrt cookies:
When I carry my laptop to a new place,
When I connect to vpn for work,
When my cookies are synced between the home and work pcs,
When I visit parents with dynamic ip,
When I browse through my phone.

While not many cases are as extreme as mine, It is completely unreasonable to block by ip address these days. At very least there should be an option to disable this "feature" for your account.

I'm really tired of deleting cookies, re-logging and changing passwords...
Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about. -Oscar Wilde
Jul 27, 2014 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
Pittaxx said:
I'm really tired of deleting cookies, re-logging and changing passwords...

But you don't need to change your passwords
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
4 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by mushfik002 »»
Yesterday, 10:25 PM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3332 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.