Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 14, 2014 9:39 PM

Aug 2009
retepeters said:
meh i really didn't like to see people using saber's abilities ).)
anyways this show wasn't bad but not so good as well

7/10

ps. is it only me or rin's boobs were smaller this episode?

Rin has boobs?
Jun 15, 2014 1:56 AM

Sep 2013
Rin's bust size is 77cm... which isn't really much compared to Luvia or Sakura. But she got a job that gives her 15000 yen per hour thanks to her bust being exactly 77cm!

(Besides being a girl with W57-H80, height 159cm, having almond-shaped eyes, !ong black hair and wearing red outfits)
Jun 15, 2014 2:04 AM

Jul 2007
retepeters said:

"saber's abilities" - LUL

You heard it here first, guyse. Anything you use excalibur for (Even if its a knock-off version of Zelretch's patented ether cannon) is now Saber's.

let's ignore for the fact that Excalibur is less of Saber's and more of Gaia's and Saber simply was chosen to wield it for her purpose

C-Core said:
Rin's bust size is 77cm... which isn't really much compared to Luvia or Sakura. But she got a job that gives her 15000 yen per hour thanks to her bust being exactly 77cm!

(Besides being a girl with W57-H80, height 159cm, having almond-shaped eyes, !ong black hair and wearing red outfits)

still better than saber's
Jun 20, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Final episode, which seems more transit.
Narrative that is saved by the merits graphics rather than the content.
This is the real news that I never imagined.
The plot is good, but the series ended in the way that it is open, or with a light story that had but intense moments.
Animations really good, this is the real gem of this anime, the Silver Link has done a great job.
Let's see what you invent the next season.
The final rating for now, it's 7/10!
Jun 20, 2014 6:05 AM

Sep 2013
terrablu2003 said:
4/5

Final episode, which seems more transit.
Narrative that is saved by the merits graphics rather than the content.
This is the real news that I never imagined.
The plot is good, but the series ended in the way that it is open, or with a light story that had but intense moments.
Animations really good, this is the real gem of this anime, the Silver Link has done a great job.
Let's see what you invent the next season.
The final rating for now, it's 7/10!

I usually recommend people who have seen the first season to read the first manga. It's pretty interesting to see what was left out/added and/or changed, especially the end of episode 7 until 9/10 (mostly foreshadowing), probably because Silver Link wasn't sure they could get enough preorders to animate 2wei.

Also, the art is better, though of course fights don't look so cool unanimated and without the music. They do make slightly more sense though, for instance, when Saber Alter went easier on Illya and everyone else in the anime.
Jun 26, 2014 11:15 PM

Apr 2012
that was okay
great animation/ fights but the story was meh.
Was expecting a UBW attack but nope :(
fun watch though! will check out s2

6/10
zzzeallyJun 26, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 3, 2014 3:43 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, that was unexpectedly good, I will say even more (hope no one will bash me) it's almost level of Fate/Zero!!

Im giving 9 out of 10
Aug 20, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2012
Wow that's a lot unexpected yuri service. Miyu has her definition of friendship in the wrong way all thanks to that little mishap that happened in Illya's bedroom.
Aug 26, 2014 1:47 PM
Feb 2012
Well this was a nice little spin-off. 7/10
Sep 13, 2014 4:51 AM
Jul 2014
I finally finished this travesty. It was painful to watch the characters interacting with each other and that last fight scene (Berserker vs loli duo). The theme music/whatever started playing so I thought shit was going to happen but apparently not. What was that? A bunch of Excalibur 'beams'? (not sure what they're called).

How unsatisfying...

It was bad enough that it was loli AND mahou shoujo but no. They had to include yuri too, didn't they? In most circumstances, I usually welcome yuri but in this case, please no.

The only highlight in the show was Illya (archer) vs Saber and that wasn't even particularly amazing... (imho)

Looks like Bazett will make an appearance in the second season, which I will watch because of my love for fate. Whether it's as bad as this trainwreck or not, I will have to see.

/rant
I'M GONE NOW
Sep 17, 2014 3:47 PM
Apr 2013
All in all a decent 10 episodes. Delivers what I expected, so I am pleased with that.

There is one thing that annoyed me after watching the last episode, though. How could Miyu use Gae Bolg? She used it once already previously and it is stated in an earlier episode that the cards go on "cooldown" for several hours after usage. Are we to assume she has simply become strong enough to ignore aforementioned cooldown? As far as I know, the time spent inside the mirror world did not last long enough for the card to come off cooldown. All in all nitpicking, but it struck me when I saw her activate Gae Bolg and it stuck in my mind, an annoying itch.
Oct 10, 2014 8:36 AM

Mar 2013
Not bad at all. I'm torn between a 7 or an 8 for the show. It had some truly great moments and great (non-ecchi) fanservice/references (thanks for the F/SN songs!). But I'd be lying if I said it was like that 100% of the time. It wasn't. Still, very much worth the watch. I love Illya and her role in F/SN (VN) the most, but she was pretty good in this series as well.

Oct 10, 2014 10:28 AM

Jul 2007
Harlequina said:
Not bad at all. I'm torn between a 7 or an 8 for the show. It had some truly great moments and great (non-ecchi) fanservice/references (thanks for the F/SN songs!). But I'd be lying if I said it was like that 100% of the time. It wasn't. Still, very much worth the watch. I love Illya and her role in F/SN (VN) the most, but she was pretty good in this series as well.

About first spoiler - next season deals with it quite a bit, explaining in depth with what is going on. This season had to remove a bit of explanations because they were not sure about BD sales yet(and thus whether they will get S2). As for what was removed/changed:

That all wastaken out because they wanted a possible way of one season wrapping it all up in case BD sales bomb. Since BD sales did NOT bomb, second season is pretty much 1 by 1 adaptation.

But yeah (fSN spoilers)

As for the teaser person's personality:
AhenshihaelOct 10, 2014 10:37 AM
Oct 10, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2014
Yandere mode activated :I
Stark700 said:
LOL, I wasn't expecting a 'kiss' this episode though..
Nov 2, 2014 7:09 AM

Aug 2014
Great episode! The way how it finish was wonderful :D
I liked to when they do team work, with that last super attack which killed the Berserker. :o
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 20, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2011
Crazy final attack!
Crazy kiss!
Hilarious ending!

SEASON 2 BABY!
Dec 4, 2014 5:04 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending and especially cute ending! That kiss in the beginning sure took me by surprise as well and I do wonder what the second season and specials will offer us!
Dec 7, 2014 1:27 PM
May 2013
Best Fate/ series so far .
Dec 12, 2014 11:07 PM
Aug 2014
For a parody it was actually pretty dang good. It has the flashy battles of F/S while removing this sense of seriousness.

9/10
Dec 13, 2014 4:24 AM

Aug 2009
derprume said:
For a parody it was actually pretty dang good. It has the flashy battles of F/S while removing this sense of seriousness.

9/10

You havent read FSN and FHA have you.
Mar 22, 2015 8:06 PM

Apr 2010
Am I the only one that is bothered by the fact that no-one seems to want to know how Ilya have such powers..? Like... she killed all those assasins in the previous episodes and no was like.. 'hey man... how did you do that??'

Also, what kind of mother lets her child out in the middle of the night alone?

I love this show XD
Mar 23, 2015 1:54 AM

Jul 2007
Wiibii said:
Am I the only one that is bothered by the fact that no-one seems to want to know how Ilya have such powers..? Like... she killed all those assasins in the previous episodes and no was like.. 'hey man... how did you do that??'

I love this show XD

Explained in FSN lore.

As for letting her out, it is not made very clear in anime but manga makes it very clear that
Mar 23, 2015 7:42 PM

Apr 2010
CookingPriest said:
Wiibii said:

I love this show XD

Explained in FSN lore.

As for letting her out, it is not made very clear in anime but manga makes it very clear that

Thank you so much for this, explains alot. I guess this is what I get for not reading mangas haha
May 4, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
That morning kiss was kawaii ~

LOL Rin got the cards back from Luvia only to spend another year in japan.

I enjoyed this show, 6/10.

May 24, 2015 4:39 AM

Apr 2013
Welp... Pretty disappointing series, they rather should've invested that money in Heaven's Feel. 3/10
Jun 3, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
The series was decent. Nice to have Illya being the MC (and not dying!) for once, though the way most of the characters were animated was...strange. Not the best but not the worst either, 7/10.
Jul 4, 2015 8:34 PM

May 2014
Good show, I really enjoyed it! That ending, though xD

8/10
Jul 8, 2015 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
Cute, exciting, and hilarious. All qualities I like to see in a magical girl series. This one amped it up on all fronts and blew me away when I initially came in scoffing at the idea of mixing Fate with mahou shoujo. Illya's pragmatic skepticism was outright hilarious, the comedy was Kaleid's selling point. And the lolis. And the yuri moments. and Saber vs Illya, I suppose (no really, that was insanely awesome!).

I really went on a Fate streak and I'm content with everything this franchise has offered thus far. I'll definitely be watching 2wei in the near future. 7.5/10
Sep 20, 2015 4:35 AM

Jan 2012
wtf they kissed each others. ( kids ?)

Sep 30, 2015 10:27 AM

Aug 2014
LOL Rin doesn't mess around xD :D
Jan 6, 2016 12:33 AM
Nov 2015
Didn't Berserker already gained immunity to Gae Bolg from his first death, how did he get killed twice by it and then by excalibur the other 10 times.
StupidityKillerJan 6, 2016 12:36 AM
Jan 6, 2016 2:15 AM

Nov 2015
gae bolg isn't rank A and the sword attack is just so powerful that there's spill damage and takes successive lives instantly
Jan 6, 2016 8:06 AM

Jul 2007
perje said:
gae bolg isn't rank A and the sword attack is just so powerful that there's spill damage and takes successive lives instantly

Th killling 10 times has nothing to do with excalibur. It is not something excalibur could do. AT best it could take out one or three lives.

A_Little_Birdy said:
Didn't Berserker already gained immunity to Gae Bolg from his first death, how did he get killed twice by it and then by excalibur the other 10 times.

Gaebolg has two attacks that seek out the heart no matter what.

They did not use excalibur to kill him ten times. The last attacks was using multiple excaliburs to imitate Ether Canon powered by second magic. Which in idea should be strong enough to instakill Berserker no matter how many lives he has left.
Feb 17, 2016 8:14 AM

Aug 2014
Must to say... “Zenryoku zenkai!”
Apr 30, 2016 4:18 PM

Mar 2008
Was expecting lolis doing cute loli things and I got magical girls blowing things up. Pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to start season 2 where things get lewd.
Jul 31, 2016 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
And so the yuri begins.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 7, 2016 1:20 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty good ending to the Berserker fight. Looks like Miyu is mistaking love for friendship HAHA. Never thought I would see the day where I would give a magical girl show an 8/10 but it was really good. Having the fate material helps that rating as well :)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 18, 2016 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
So I thought class cards had a cooldown but Miyu used Lancer twice, that's cool.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 18, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2016
Not a fan of the yuri scenes and the Berserker fight was really underwhelming(the best fight AND episode in this anime has to be episode 6 - Saber Alter vs Archer Illya). I could understand them destroying him forever with Excalibur since it completely overwhelmed him but how did Miyu use Gae Bolg again? Wasn't the time limit several hours or a day IIRC? Though I liked the comedy and OST (tbf only the part at the end of the fight). And especially that epic teaser at the end lol.

3/5 episode
6/10 for whole season

Will continue to the next seasons since I've been hearing good things about them.
GeekwoglassesSep 19, 2016 10:03 AM
Sep 19, 2016 7:40 AM

Sep 2010
WOW this last episode was one of the worst episodes in the whole series! HOW! WHY?

First the ending of the fight with berserk was the damn "Magical light and power of the friendship".

WHY!!!!! Here the story was getting better, more serious, and the epicness of the fight was going up with them changing into heroic spirts but here WHY WHY WHY!?

Then again the fight also ignored the rule it stated before with... Miyu using lancer card twice... also it seems like magic sticks give unlimited mana for whatever reason at the point when the episode started, Miyu was already after long fight and firing off the excalibur at that. And here she gets suddenly instant full mana let's go again!

Then afterwards when I thought that the ending of the fight was disappointing and nowhere as good as the one against saber, the rest of the episode was the end of this season and yet we had to see this... clearly, this truly was disappointing too much and the ending is paramount!
Sep 19, 2016 10:02 AM

Aug 2016
eso18 said:
WOW this last episode was one of the worst episodes in the whole series! HOW! WHY?

First the ending of the fight with berserk was the damn "Magical light and power of the friendship".

WHY!!!!! Here the story was getting better, more serious, and the epicness of the fight was going up with them changing into heroic spirts but here WHY WHY WHY!?

Then again the fight also ignored the rule it stated before with... Miyu using lancer card twice... also it seems like magic sticks give unlimited mana for whatever reason at the point when the episode started, Miyu was already after long fight and firing off the excalibur at that. And here she gets suddenly instant full mana let's go again!

Then afterwards when I thought that the ending of the fight was disappointing and nowhere as good as the one against saber, the rest of the episode was the end of this season and yet we had to see this... clearly, this truly was disappointing too much and the ending is paramount!

It wasn't PoF at all. Excalibur actually overwhelmed Berserker to the point that he burned away all his remaining lives.

As for Miyu using lancer card twice, you're right, that is a plot hole.

Kaleidoscopes being able to provide infinite mana was already a part of Fate lore.

Although, you are right, episode 6 was definitely the best IMO.
GeekwoglassesSep 19, 2016 10:07 AM
Sep 19, 2016 10:06 AM

Aug 2016
ssjokg said:
retepeters said:
anyways this show wasn't bad but not so good as well

7/10

ps. is it only me or rin's boobs were smaller this episode?

Rin has boobs?

Yes, albeit they are not that big :P
Oct 22, 2016 7:36 PM

Nov 2013
Nice to see, that they made up. How they finished off Berserker was awesome.

Nice ( almost ) kissing scene, Miyu seemed to not be averse to kiss. Well, that's nothing after what happened in episode 7.

Miyu being all clingy and possessive was funny, she was pretty mean to the other girls though.

So, Rin and Luvia are ordered to stay in Japan for a year, to learn some common sense and reasonable behavior. That won't hurt them, that's for sure.
TheBigGuyOct 22, 2016 7:40 PM
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 17, 2016 7:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Better series that can imagine with the principal poster!!! Has action and mistery, all arround the "mahou" and the beautiful girls with great personalities!!! The plot, easy but efective!!!!

7/10.
Feb 17, 2017 11:08 AM

Dec 2015
It was pretty stupid of Illya to apologise considering that Miyu was the one a fault.

Haha those two bitches Rin and Luvia got exactly what they deserved!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 19, 2017 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
Good show, but didn't like how Berserker got defeated so quickly. It's like all he did was throw one punch and died repeatedly until he can no longer revive. I kinda just realized that Illya is fighting her own servant.

Lol Illya still has feelings for Shirou. It's a shame she didn't get her own route in the main game, but I guess you could count this.

Poor Rin and Luvia. Gonna stay longer in Japan for now.

I do like the animation and it's nice to watch some Mahou Shoujo once in awhile.

Definitely going to watch the specials and Season 2 for sure :D

I give it an 8/10. Hope to see more servants in future seasons :)

Aug 5, 2017 5:48 AM
Apr 2015
That "Zenryoku Zenkai!" from Illya made my day.
Oct 17, 2017 1:27 AM

Apr 2013
OH MY GOD! Just look at Waver's smirk as he says that line about Japan. Pure evil! XD
and yup. i figured out that they had crashed the helicopter.

and there's the sequel hook. no idea, what Bazett is supposed to do though.

pretty average series i would say. i didn't get terribly bored, but the characters really felt underdeveloped. if this wasn't using characters i was already familiar with, this would have been much more unbearable.
7/10
Feb 2, 2018 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
7/10. Not bad, but it was enjoyable mainly because I already know Illya and fate universe. A lot of references.
Nice art and great animation in some places. Character design looks cute as hell. Another '+' for big eyes. I definitely prefer this kind of animation over Ufotable flashy 3DCG style.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 13, 2018 9:20 PM

Mar 2016
otp 10/10 loli lesbos guess this is why kuro won't mind kissing miyu
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2013

78 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.