Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 30, 2013 2:42 AM

Sep 2013
bloodswordzkill said:

Overall I don't hate them until we see their side of the story. I think they are interesting characters. I wasn't really attached to anybody that was killed for their cause so I have no personal grudge either.

Lol most people who hate annie is still hanged on Petra death.
Jul 31, 2014 4:12 AM
Jul 2014
Throttlee said:
annie_leonheart said:

Lol most people who hate annie is still hanged on Petra death.

and personally I don't understand why people like Petra so much.

I love the Special Operations Squad, they top my list of favorites, even after a year. I was very upset when they died, I felt very angry with Annie. I just don’t understand why everyone is so focussed on only Petra, she's not the only one with a fascinating character.

But even though I love the Levi unit, I love Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie as well. I don’t try to justify their actions, but really... is their society any better? Did they not kill off people because there were too many of them to feed? This is their reason to do it.
Just like how RBA has their own reasons.
Aug 18, 2014 11:24 AM
Aug 2014
You can't judge a character without knowing there reasons as these are very unusual "what if?" scenario's in a world with ideas and politics being run very differently from our own. But on the other hand..what they did..it doesn't look good lol.
I have a suspicion that the alternative to them doing whatever wallists-? says is being frozen inside a wall (like the collosal titan seen in the wall).

Can you imagine if you were conscious inside of that, frozen and unable to move due to your cells/body regenerating? I couldn't imagine a worse hell...and say for instance..if R,B or A's family were held hostage in that position, i.e a "Do what we say or I'll freeze you and your family in the walls"..
Or perhaps they've had enough and decided... the people we kill will die a quick death, but we'll be able to free the people inside the walls, and humanity will have one last taste of freedom without the walls before it ends quickly for us all.
Morbid, but possible!
ChronicalabyssAug 18, 2014 3:07 PM
Jan 10, 2016 6:09 PM

Aug 2014
After Chapter 77 screw them
"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Jan 10, 2016 10:17 PM
Dec 2015
After chapter 77 I like them even more, specially Annie haha
For the breaking of wall maria they were 10 year olds trained since they were 5 or 6 for the mission to capture the coordinate by breaking the walls, and since birth to consider the people within the walls devils and doomed.
It was an unforgivable act for the people within the walls and which directly caused the death of thousands, and indirectly 250.000 casualties. But it was the Reiss family who chose not to use the professional army and Frieda Reiss' Coordinate to instantly recover the wall. The titan trio could not have won against that, and Frieda could have brainwashed the soldiers later to cover the secret as the first king did. But they hid like cowards and ordered 250.000 people to die, I consider them the direct responsibles for this massacre.

The harshness of life in this world forces 15 year olds to be adults so I'll consider them fully responsible for wall Rose breaking, the death of any civilians and soldiers in Trost, and the scout legion deaths against them in direct fights. Regarding the cruelty of the death of the scout that was made into a Yo-yo, I guess the author wanted to portray the terror an intelligent shifter would cause on people unprepared for it, or show diverse ways in which a shifter could kill, and didn't fully realize the fans backlash against Annie, because cruelty doesn't fit her character at all. Unless after Marco she decided to steel herself into a killer? don't know, it just doesn't make sense.
Anyway, moving on, what choices did they have?
-Abandon their mission and live within the walls in secret: if they get found by the people within the walls they are tortured to death and experimented on as spies, if they get caught by the shifters they get brandished as traitors and killed. And they will get caught since the shifters will destroy all the walls eventually.
-Abandon their mission and live in the wilderness... yeah... eventually get eaten, brandished a coward by their village.
-Abandon their mission and go back to the village: eaten so another warrior gets their armor and does the mission instead.
-Become traitors to their village and desert to the enemy: at that point the walls were stil governed by the Reiss family, meaning they would get an even worse deal than Eren, who after saving wall Rose was going to get vivisected... And with what they know they HAD to be silenced by the military police so yeah, tortured to death by the people within the walls and brandished a traitor by the village.
-Acomplish the mission: capture the coordinate and go back to their village as heroes. Betray the other trainees and cover their hands in blood, but then again, they were always enemies to begin with. There is also the chance that by capturing the coordinate they can stop the breaking of more walls like Reiner confessed to Eren, thus sparing the rest of the people within.

Their choices suck, but then there is also a sense of inevitability to it all, from the shifters', Uri Reiss' and Ymir's words, like the people within the walls are already doomed, and it's a matter of time it happens, the conflict is already decided and the power of the village outside the walls is absolute so if they don't do it they die and someone else does it instead. A brave righteous idiot would have chosen otherwise and paid with a painful death, but normal people like the titan trio just went on with the horrible mission, like 99% of normal people in those circumstances.

Other than that their characters are very interesting, Annie the badass normal who wants to oppose the mission or follow someone brave enough to do it but is not brave enough to do it herself, Reiner who is everyone's bro and fully convinced of the righteousness of the mission, and Bert who just goes with the flow... oh well I guess he will get some more development now that he has showed determination. Or he will die next chapter dunno lol
BadToTheBoneJan 10, 2016 10:29 PM
Jan 20, 2016 6:04 PM
Jan 2016
MikasaxEren said:
Annie is also implied to have killed Marco too, because she had his maneuvering gear.
RBA killed Marco because Marco found out that they were Titan shifters when the RBA trio were talking about it, and yea then they were like aw hell no and killed him, then Annie took his 3DMG. It's canon ppl
Jan 21, 2016 10:58 AM
Dec 2015
Kanaev said:
I like them as characters, but I wish them painful death nevertheless. I don't care about their reasons. Humans are bad, as always, it's probably something among those lines. Don't know. Don't care. Total annihilation is the only way.
Well this manga is about shades of grey, there aren't completely good and completely evil people, but I don't think the survey corps could ever be considered evil by any stretch of the imagination, so I doubt Isayama will try to push their evilness down our throats.
The ruling families have done some incredibly shady shit though, the people titanized inside the walls probably outnumber the people living protected by them, and we still have to know if they didn't have any other choice or chose that for their own self-interest, which might justify the village outside the walls hating them. Either way both sides are humans.
Jan 21, 2016 12:42 PM

Jul 2015
Not really sympathy but I like them.
Jan 25, 2016 11:49 AM
Jan 2016
As much as I know right now, Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie have been convinced that the Human race is evil and disgraceful, to which I totally able to understand where they are coming from. Humans start wars with each other, killing one another, fighting over the stupidest things, are all left with different points of views, and they kill other animals. Perhaps Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie are helping out with killing the human race because they believe that the Titans are a much better race of humanoids than the actual human race itself. Maybe if Eren and others could convince them that humans are not really as horrible as they think they are, maybe Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie will help out humanity again. So yes, I choose to have Sympathy for Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie.
Jan 26, 2016 6:36 AM

Jul 2008
I'm sure they have a reason to do what they did from the beginning, maybe their reason to obtain Eren's coordinate power is more noble than the entire survey corp combined.

I think the truth in the basement will clear everything once and for all, for all we know the humans within the wall could be the real evil enemy while the shifter titans are on the good side.
May 2, 2016 11:29 AM

Feb 2014
I hope they will die horribly.
Jun 16, 2016 5:31 AM

Nov 2014
What could be 'bad' for you might be 'good' for someone else. We have only been seeing the side of humans and not the titans, or other creatures. So unless everything is laid out, I'm not going to call them evil.

And even then, I don't think I'd ever call them evil, for they grew up in a place not that of humans, so their way of life and morals are not similar with humans. There is no black and white to this story, nor good and bad. Just creatures trying to survive.

What Armin said to Annie has stuck with me even to this day:

"I don't like the terms 'good person' or 'bad person' because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone. To some, you are a good person, while to others, you are a bad person."
Jun 16, 2016 4:42 PM
Jun 2013
I had sympathy for them at first but as time goes on (especially this latest chapter... ergh... my heart ;___; ) I'm liking them less and less (sans maybe Annie). They've just killed too many people without even trying other options as far as we can tell. Maybe they'll have some amazingly good reason revealed in the end, but right now it's not doing it for me.

Actually, I was kind of hoping that Reiner would have a change of heart after his near death and try to get Bert to stop what he was doing, but that turned out to be false. Can't say I'm sad to see either of them die at this point, after everything they've cost people. </3
Oct 2, 2016 12:34 PM
Oct 2016
it's not their fault that they were broght up in that place if it wasnt for that they probably wouldnt have hurt those people and if it wasnt for them eren wouldnt have ever found out about his power or even gotten it in the first place so even though they killed many people they might also be the cause of humanityn being able to live outside the walls
Dec 3, 2016 11:23 AM
Nov 2015
After reading the latest chapters. They thing they're doing is 90% right. Each one is doing the best for his dream.
Feb 5, 2017 1:04 AM
Feb 2017
Fuck them and you saying that their is a "good reason" for their actions which damn near brought the human race to extinction really scares. Me based on your logic Hitler must have had a good reason to kill all of the Jews lol. You having sympathy for these evil bastards is just like someone having sympathy for Hitler and stalin after what they did. Your comment scares me , nothing they did had a good reason. You and the other 94% who voted that they had good reasons are really fucked up in the head seriously.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.