Forum Settings
Forums
The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 31, 2015 1:16 AM
Jan 2015
EusthEnoptEron said:
Apparently, he has written Diorama under a different pen name (Eiji Kage). He is also mentioned in the credits of Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa for his assistance. (Both VNs are by FLAT)
interesting! thanks for linking them! I doubt I'll ever play either of them as I don't believe that a translation exists.
Jul 31, 2015 5:31 PM
Jun 2011
Read the first three volumes in Japanese (bought them like a year ago or so), then I realized it would be problematic to get the remaining volumes as it seems to be quite unpopular. I guess that's what happens when you have to wait for years between the volumes, so I ended up reading the translated versions of the remaining volumes. Hakomari had it's ups and downs but overall it was a pretty nice series.

I can easily imagine Hakomari as a VN. The issue with VNs is just that they are much more expensive to make, especially if it includes voice acting (I'm not a big fan of reading VNs without it anyway) and then it would most likely have to be compensated by adding in random H scenes just to sell more copies. Most VNs also have to have mediocre side routes that I would rather avoid. The best part about paper novels is that most of the work is done by the author which gives him much more freedom than he would have in another medium which is what allows novels like this to be made in the first place. Making a VN adaptation would make little sense because at least I wouldn't feel like reading through it again just to have voice acting, music, backgrounds and sprites, better then to just make an anime adaptation (which I believe would be possible but financially nonviable).
Aug 2, 2015 8:06 AM

Dec 2014
Anyone here played ZHP: unlosing ranger vs dark death evilman?
Currently replaying it now... And one of the special head gears came from Hakomari. (Dengeki collaboration).

Simply named, "box"
low stats and no special skills though. XD
Just added it to my extra armor sets.
(I wish they added atleast some unique skill to it.)
:)
Aug 2, 2015 8:16 AM
Jan 2015
Well I guess that making it grant the distorted wish of the player would have probably been too much :P
Aug 8, 2015 5:04 PM

Nov 2012
http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/129235832

http://waneko.com.pl/karnawal-nowosci-waneko-tytuly-nr-5-i-6/#more-6737

Poland licenses HakoMari @@

My country definitely won't though, but at least there's hope for other countries
Aug 9, 2015 5:50 AM
Aug 9, 2015 7:24 AM
Jul 2010
Seriously? Wow...
And there's my country, that's only licensed Naruto, One Piece and Death Note...
Man, I'm so jealous.
Aug 9, 2015 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
First time i'm so proud that i'm from Poland. In the date of release (somewhere in February) i'll send you pictures of my copy :P
Aug 9, 2015 3:53 PM

Nov 2012
TheHollowShrine said:
Seriously? Wow...
And there's my country, that's only licensed Naruto, One Piece and Death Note...
Man, I'm so jealous.

Poor you. My country did license Book girl, SAO and they're gonna do Spice and Wolf too. But considering HakoMari's fucked up level and its popularity, I doubt they're gonna do it though :)
Aug 9, 2015 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
Do not worry. We have only All you need is Kill (First LN in Poland) and SAO. Soon there will be also Toradora and sth else.
Oct 1, 2015 9:26 AM
May 2012
One thing this series really lacks is more SoL segments. Or maybe some whimsical adventures about dealing with less serious boxes. After all Kazuki says at the end of V1 that new boxes will continue to appear. But we only had 5 (Rino's doesn't count because it wasn't a problem they had to deal with).
I mean for a series that turned into a love story it lacks some of the build-up. In V7 Kazuki mentions them going to places like cafe or karaoke numerous times, but it's never shown. You may think that SoL and fancervice are cancer, but parts like that are important, because they make you care more about serious parts.
Too bad Mikage is so decisively done with the series and he will not write volumes 2.5 or 4.5 (not that anyone would buy a spin-off to already unpopular series). Oregairu kind of got me used to fun .5 volumes.
Jan 29, 2016 10:29 AM

Feb 2008
Apparently, someone leaked MW Bunko's release schedule for March and with it, the tentative title and release date for Mikage's new novel:

メディアワークス文庫
3/25発売
●恋する殺人オーディション(仮) 【著:御影瑛路/絵:】

It's called "Koi suru Satsujin Audition" and is going to be released on March 25 under the MW Bunko label.
EusthEnoptEronJan 29, 2016 10:56 AM
Jan 30, 2016 9:53 AM
Jan 2015
That's great! I hope we'll get more information regarding it soon.

What does the title translate to though? Something about an audtion and a love murder?
Jan 30, 2016 10:04 AM

Mar 2013
Hype!
I thought Mikage was moving away from light novels, but perhaps he isn't.

(Though the MW Bunko wikipedia page says:
'Authors who have moved on from light novels, even ones previously published under Dengeki Bunko, also are published under Media Works Bunko.'
So who knows.)

Anyways I'm excited for whatever this will be.
Jan 31, 2016 2:29 AM
Oct 2014
EusthEnoptEron said:
Apparently, someone leaked MW Bunko's release schedule for March and with it, the tentative title and release date for Mikage's new novel:

メディアワークス文庫
3/25発売
●恋する殺人オーディション(仮) 【著:御影瑛路/絵:】

It's called "Koi suru Satsujin Audition" and is going to be released on March 25 under the MW Bunko label.

WOW
That's cool; but why not Kodansha Taiga? =) Or it also will be sometimes?))
And, really, how translates the title?) Maybe, "Audition for loving murder"? =)
Jan 31, 2016 4:46 AM

Feb 2008
axeshizzle said:
Hype!

Yeah, MW Bunko is somewhat of a border-line case, but I guess Mikage doesn't consider it a light novel label. Well, there are almost no pictures in their books and they have an older target audience, so he has a point.

Nanamoto-sensei said:

I believe he has another novel in the works that will be published under the Taiga label. Can't fathom at this point what the title might really mean, so I'll just read the book once it's out. :D
Feb 4, 2016 2:27 AM

Nov 2010
Please tell us what do you think about the new series later, Eusth :D
Feb 4, 2016 5:28 AM

Apr 2013
EusthEnoptEron said:
axeshizzle said:
Hype!

Yeah, MW Bunko is somewhat of a border-line case, but I guess Mikage doesn't consider it a light novel label. Well, there are almost no pictures in their books and they have an older target audience, so he has a point.

MW bunko is not a LN label per se, so he is correct. Although yes, MW bunko titles don't have any difference with LN labels titles except they're not LN in their definition.

Nanamoto-sensei said:

WOW

Audition of a Murderer in love.
Feb 4, 2016 6:09 AM
Oct 2014
Zefyris said:
EusthEnoptEron said:

MW bunko is not a LN label per se, so he is correct. Although yes, MW bunko titles don't have any difference with LN labels titles except they're not LN in their definition.

Nanamoto-sensei said:

WOW

Without "no" kanas it's difficult to place some prepositions :'D
Feb 4, 2016 6:21 AM

Apr 2013
Nanamoto-sensei said:
Zefyris said:

More like, that's my limit in English there, maybe.
If you mean an audition for something (like , an audition for a job) then you are correct on that point. I was correcting the "loving murder" part rather than the "for" part.
Techincally, it can completely mean "audition for a murderer in love" if what's following the "for" here is what the audition is for and therefore researching (like, you're researching new talent, so "audition for new talent?").
If the use of "for" in english means this, then "Audition for (the job/position of/ to become) Murderer in love" could indeed be correct. Without any synopsis it's difficult to say.
Feb 4, 2016 9:40 AM

Feb 2008
Zefyris said:
Nanamoto-sensei said:

If you mean an audition for something (like , an audition for a job) then you are correct on that point. I was correcting the "loving murder" part rather than the "for" part.
Techincally, it can completely mean "audition for a murderer in love" if what's following the "for" here is what the audition is for and therefore researching (like, you're researching new talent, so "audition for new talent?").
If the use of "for" in english means this, then "Audition for (the job/position of/ to become) Murderer in love" could indeed be correct. Without any synopsis it's difficult to say.

The fact of it saying 殺人 and not 殺人鬼 makes me a bit wary. I'll refrain from any attempts to translate the title until I've read the book, especially since Mikage likes to give his books meaningful titles.
Feb 4, 2016 9:50 AM

Apr 2013
EusthEnoptEron said:
Zefyris said:

The fact of it saying 殺人 and not 殺人鬼 makes me a bit wary. I'll refrain from any attempts to translate the title until I've read the book, especially since Mikage likes to give his books meaningful titles.

True. And that's always the best choice indeed. not sure I like Mikage sensei enough to buy it, but definitely the best choice anyway, so we're counting on you! x).
Feb 10, 2016 5:55 AM
Sep 2012
I've just got myself a polish copy of HakoMari ;3
If anyone wondering where to get it, check "Empik" stores. There were like 6 copies in a shop, where i bought it. It looks nicely. I'm not gonna read that now though, because i just finished the whole novel in english.
Volume 2 will be on 6th april this year. I will buy it too.
Sorry for bad quality photo ;_;
Feb 13, 2016 3:08 PM

Oct 2010
That polish copy of HakoMari looks deliciously amazing
Feb 17, 2016 12:39 PM
Jul 2010
I am so, so jealous. Damn.
Also, really excited about the new book. Hope it turns out nice.
May 10, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2012
Mikage sensei's new novel:

http://mwbunko.com/978-4-04-865588-0/
Jun 9, 2016 4:02 AM

Dec 2014
I'm having trouble understanding the ending for the mystery of the boxes.
Can anyone enlighten me with the origin/source of the supernatural phenomenon on the series? Where does the flawed bliss came from? How did Maria get her power to grant other's wishes?
Thank you very much!

oh and, Did they say "I love you" with each other?
Jun 9, 2016 4:38 AM
Jul 2018
rxHysteria said:
I'm having trouble understanding the ending for the mystery of the boxes.
Can anyone enlighten me with the origin/source of the supernatural phenomenon on the series? Where does the flawed bliss came from? How did Maria get her power to grant other's wishes?
Thank you very much!

oh and, Did they say "I love you" with each other?

you read vol 7 right? Go through her sister's backstory again(chapter 2). That's the source, where she wanted to be like her(that car scene iirc).

But it ended up a flawed bliss as you already know like what happened with mogi.

Weren't they already officially a couple, so why not? XD
removed-userJun 12, 2016 12:17 AM
Jun 12, 2016 12:04 AM

Sep 2010
Spoilers, guys. Use it, for Crist sake.

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jul 18, 2017 3:40 PM
Mar 2016
I really need someone to clarify this ABSOLUTE SHIT for me.
I've been reading Utsuro no hako to zero no maria lately(Heck,I read a volume per day),but then it came to Volume 3....
Don't get me wrong,I loved V3 at the beginning.Dayia played them like a puppeteer.
But then it came to that guy who "raped" Yuuri and Maria.
I want to know this since the rest of the volume was incredibly rushed(by me,lol.I jumped to the last page).
Was Maria or Yuuri raped?...
The answer will make me reconsider if I really should end this LN(it would be the first one,though).
Yes,I'm one of those who find that rape scene(if there really was one) disgusting and uncalled for.
That scene only made me give this volume a mark=4.
I thought it would have been the best volume out of them all,but nope.That scene only made me so fucking angry.Maybe because the main heroine was in it.
IzarmaJul 18, 2017 3:47 PM
Jul 19, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
Izarma said:

Jul 19, 2017 11:18 AM
Mar 2016

[/quote]
Thank you for the answer,really.I was so curious that I ended up reading it again and I eventually found the answer myself.I'm currently at Volume 4 and I won't skip anymore.Thanks again :D
With that being said,Volume 3 seems to be the best of them all so far.
Jul 28, 2017 3:23 PM

Mar 2016
Izarma said:

Thank you for the answer,really.I was so curious that I ended up reading it again and I eventually found the answer myself.I'm currently at Volume 4 and I won't skip anymore.Thanks again :D
With that being said,Volume 3 seems to be the best of them all so far.

For me I'd say V3 and V6 where my favorite volumes with V7 being close behind
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2017 3:21 PM
Mar 2016

For me I'd say V3 and V6 where my favorite volumes with V7 being close behind

I finished Hakomari yesterday and I must say I was impressed.I was happy with that ending.No more,no less.

The chapters that I consider being the best are: volume 3(let's say first place) and volume 7.
I had such a strong feeling of Steins;Gate in volume 7(Steins;Gate being my favourite anime)
And those moments when Maria teased Kazuki were the best.I mean... I laughed so hard=)) Those moments were really called for after all that drama.(ofc,it was a flashback)
IzarmaAug 25, 2017 4:43 AM
Aug 22, 2017 6:58 AM
Aug 2017
Well, great one) But I have not seen the full one) Why do you like it so much?
Aug 22, 2017 7:11 PM

Mar 2016
JonesCraig said:
Well, great one) But I have not seen the full one) Why do you like it so much?

You may want to reword your question as it makes almost no sense in English.

K-anade said:
Izarma said:

I missed this last time but I like how your spoiler is -V3- ======hype
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Volume 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TheHollowShrine - Jul 7, 2015

253 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 26, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Volume 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

79 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 24, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Volume 5 Discussion

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

37 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 23, 8:16 AM

» The missing volumes

Perfectrockstar - Jul 4, 2021

4 by EmrysTatari »»
Feb 8, 1:36 PM

» Anime Adaptation possibility?

DarkHumor04 - Jan 11, 2022

14 by Hikool101 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.