Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 30, 2019 7:40 PM

Nov 2018
Aww, Killua got me all emotional. He's a great character. And I didn't expect him to have an actual chip in his brain. So it wasn't just brainwashing then.

Oh my God, Palm needs to be locked up. Wow...how is someone like her allowed to be a pro Hunter?
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794
Oct 20, 2019 4:36 PM

May 2016
I was wondering why Illumi's words had such a severe effect on Killua, being powerful enough to freeze him on the spot, and it turns out that his brother's control over him was a lot more physical than I thought! It's great that his determination to protect Gon from harm made him struggle hard enough to realize that there's a needle stuck in his head ripe for the taking.

Gon's date with Palm almost went perfectly (topping that firefly show and beautiful fireflower would be impossible) but he still managed to screw it up. It's a relief that Knov was able to tame her with flattery just when she had gathered the resolve to kill Killua for interfering.

Morel and Knuckle's having a pretty hard time beating Cheetu.

Dec 19, 2019 10:55 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Dear, I was not expecting Palm to turn back to her crazy obsessed nature, it seems the ship sunk faster than Ponzu's death. At last, Killua broke free from Illumi's curse, that bastard, I hope they encounter each other and engage into a brotherly FIGHT.
Apr 13, 2020 10:08 AM
Aug 2019
watching killua like this... it was heart breaking. It showed us even tho he was a cold hearted killing machiene, he is still a child and a human. He has a fragile soul and he is more than a cold hearted killer. Even HE couldnt deal with the pressure his brother put on him and it made killua break down at the end. Yes, he solved the issue, and he had to solve the pressure even if it was a chip in his brain, bc of the love that he grow for his friend.

Also, I dont get the grown ups obsession over these kids... Yeah, Hisoka is a creep, and now Palm is creeping over Gon. Its kinda not okay. I mean it is obvious that Palm has mental issues. But damn, why adult characters creeping over these 12 yo boys.
JanexdoehApr 13, 2020 10:14 AM
Jun 14, 2020 7:30 PM

Mar 2018
Gon dumped... </3 I will never forgive you Palm!
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Aug 10, 2020 6:42 AM

Dec 2007
lol gon is much more romantic than i thought.
i'm glad that kilua finally being able to remove his brother curse, it's annoyed me for a long time, now we got finally the totally badass kilua, wonder if he still keep up with him.
palm and her ability actually little frightening, glad she left gon, i really lol when the narrator said "dumped without being known XD
now gon and kilua being followed for some reason, the arc getting so exciting o_o
Sep 19, 2020 4:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha Pamu is just one of the weirdest and craziest yandere, seems like now she's madly in love with Nov instead of Gon xD
Nov 20, 2020 1:52 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure what the deal with Palm is, so far she doesn't seem very strong or smart. Is she only his disciple because of her ability?
Dec 19, 2020 6:40 AM

Jul 2020
Weirdly good episode. Gon is better at dates than me lol.
May 17, 2021 1:14 PM

Jun 2020
this show is a harem and i hope tsundere killua wins
May 22, 2021 8:15 PM

Aug 2018
God I hate Palm, can she gtfo of the anime and can we have Leorio, Kurapika, and Hisoka back?

Jun 1, 2021 9:24 AM

Jan 2016
I wanna see Kite. I guess Killua is actually still OP so he does not have to run away and it was just his brother controlling him. I was wondering what happened to the OP Killua from the Hunter Exam arc
Oct 4, 2021 4:19 AM

Aug 2018
Great focus on Killua troughout the episode, this might really be great buildup for next one
Dec 26, 2021 9:26 AM
Nov 2020
This episode was super emotional, seeing killua cry like that, and this episode was also where killua started to become a serious badass
Feb 22, 2022 12:33 PM

Jun 2019
Man... I really hoped Palm wouldn't go back to her old self but she did and my hopes for her also shattered with this episode. Can we talk about how smooth Gon is for a 12-year-old. Holy!!!

Also, Killua is so cold. My god.
Apr 11, 2022 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Absolutely fucking garbage writing here. This notion that Illumi planted a physical needle into Killua's head to force that mindset onto him is seriously insulting, partially because it's not been even remotely foreshadowed but also because that's not how mental health works. You can't just pull a literal plot device needle out of your head to resolve all your problems like that, it's just not that easy.

And I think it completely diminishes the impact of Killua's development to resolve it so cheaply: it would have been much stronger writing and far more logical for Killua to have to gradually work through the conditioning he underwent as part of his Zoldyck assassin training. But no, we need Killua to win the fight and this is a convenient way to achieve it by letting him power up mid-fight and instantly resolve all his issues for future fights.

And to top it all off, we have even more of Palm's bullshit this episode: genuinely, why does she exist? What does she add to the show, other than annoyance? She's basically only here to pad this arc's runtime with pointless, obnoxious filler.

By far my least favourite episode in this entire show so far, bad enough to lower my opinion of both Chimera Ant arc and the entire show as a whole.
Apr 11, 2022 10:00 PM

Nov 2021
Atavistic said:
Absolutely fucking garbage writing here. This notion that Illumi planted a physical needle into Killua's head to force that mindset onto him is seriously insulting, partially because it's not been even remotely foreshadowed but also because that's not how mental health works. You can't just pull a literal plot device needle out of your head to resolve all your problems like that, it's just not that easy.
Except it was foreshadowed. In Hunter Exam ,when Killua and Illumi fought we saw illumi pointing towards Killua with his left hand and after that Killua admits defeat. He tried the same trick on Gon when he meet him for first time ,but Gon tossed him.

We also noticed that everytime Killua face strong opponent he feels pain in his head. And illumi ordering him "jump back" ,"run" and other orders.

And I think it completely diminishes the impact of Killua's development to resolve it so cheaply: it would have been much stronger writing and far more logical for Killua to have to gradually work through the conditioning he underwent as part of his Zoldyck assassin training. But no, we need Killua to win the fight and this is a convenient way to achieve it by letting him power up mid-fight and instantly resolve all his issues for future fights.
Killua was already a skilled assassin. The purpose of needle was to stop Killua from using those skills, it's not a powerup.

Anyway,the needle is more of a metaphor than a physical object: it represents his abuse at the hands of his family members, and the influence they exert over his thoughts and actions as a result. Him "removing the needle" is symbolic of him overcoming that trauma and choosing to help his best friend as a result.

I don't see how it's cheap. Actually it's a good writing imo as it enhances the dynamics between Killua and his family. It shows how twisted Killua family is ,to protect their child they can go to any instance.

Not related to your post ,but i see you are having problem in continuing HxH. I will advice you to wait till episode 102-103 before you form an opinion about this Arc and meruem bcz this where the Arc actually starts.
Aug 15, 2022 1:15 PM
May 2020
bruh killua boring bruh
Apr 10, 2023 12:02 AM

Jun 2021
The rabbit went into hisoka mode (•ؔ ༎ຶළॆؔ ༎ຶ)
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Jul 25, 2023 3:24 PM

Jul 2017
So proud of Killua finally beating his brother's curse i literally got chills when he was dragged around while struggling mentaly with that curse
Sep 17, 2023 7:34 AM
Mar 2023
ta bueno,menos por la cepera de palm
Oct 21, 2023 2:05 PM
Apr 2023
shits crazy frrrrrr
Feb 3, 1:32 PM

Jan 2021
Gon is smooth with the lady. Palm is back to normal now and thats cute as well. Killua on the other hand has finally become the one shot killer like we used to see in the Hunter exams.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.