Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2013 3:53 PM

Apr 2013
I dont even have Fairy Tail in my anime list. Just the OVA ....probably I wont even watch it.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 31, 2013 3:54 PM

Dec 2012
Grave moments for the Scouting Legion, Eren's new hope, Mikasa's love, and Heichou's crew. Can't think of anything more meaningful to say, even when I got there in the manga ..., but ...

Hail to brave men and girls with golden eyes -_-

Other things:

- Eren's titan form seems downed quite a bit compared to the Trost ark.
- Mikasa's voice leveled up.
- The counterattack of the Special Squad was awesome - well thought, well played out! Too bad they weren't aware of the hardening ability, but I don't think they were doomed.
- The FT is consistent in her superior and vicious fighting style since her first attack; her survival instinct is sharper than ever; her goal, ... there was a scene in which she hesitated if she should go after Eren, but decided she should.

Do not care if Jean's hair wasn't moving during the ride scene, while Armin's did, or how long the recap was, or is Mikasa a titan or not. Deal with it, to whom it may concern, and watch the damn anime.
Aug 31, 2013 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
zellami said:
Grave moments for the Scouting Legion, Eren's new hope, Mikasa's love, and Heichou's crew. Can't think of anything more meaningful to say, even when I got there in the manga ..., but ...

Other things:

- The counterattack of the Special Squad was awesome - well thought, well played out! Too bad they weren't aware of the hardening ability, but I don't think they were doomed.
- The FT is consistent in her superior and vicious fighting style since her first attack; her survival instinct is sharper than ever; her goal, ... there was a scene in which she hesitated if she should go after Eren, but decided she should.

Do not care if Jean's hair wasn't moving during the ride scene, while Armin's did, or how long the recap was, or is Mikasa a titan or not. Deal with it, to whom it may concern, and watch the damn anime.

Not this shit again.....dont open a wound not yet healed.....you started out saying something that caught my eye and went down to the lowest places of hell with "Mikasa a titan or not".
Really?
I swear to Uranus that this is annoying as hell.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 31, 2013 4:08 PM

Aug 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
zellami said:

Other things:

Not this shit again.....dont open a wound not yet healed.....you started out saying something that caught my eye and went down to the lowest places of hell with "Mikasa a titan or not".
Really?
I swear to Uranus that this is annoying as hell.

?
Did you think that he said a spoiler or something? I don't understand what's so annoying about what he said, though.
Aug 31, 2013 4:10 PM

Apr 2013
He is ignoring the obvious , the obvious is not a spoiler. You must be either colorblind and stupid or just stupid to not see the obvious.
Let's just not start this all over again.
Aug 31, 2013 4:11 PM

Dec 2012
I meant that usually the titans' blood misleads many viewers into making wrong assumptions. Dattebayo, they will never heal :)
Aug 31, 2013 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
HAHA I made a 4th page
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Aug 31, 2013 4:21 PM

May 2013
That was an epic battle between both titans.
Aug 31, 2013 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
Mikasa going full on angry was extremely pleasing. She hasn't gotten much action screen time in a while so it was great.
Aug 31, 2013 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
There is no stopping Mikasa.
My Candies:
Aug 31, 2013 4:24 PM
Oct 2007
Fucking Epic.
Aug 31, 2013 4:27 PM
Oct 2010
so eren is eaten again? christ how useless are u (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

feels like this is dragging ass. too many fucking flashbacks during that titan fight too
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 31, 2013 4:31 PM
Oct 2007
I think MIkasa is a little angry.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9114/eljd.jpg
Levi and Mikasa together whipping Titan ass. Big Bitch Titan could be in trouble
Aug 31, 2013 4:34 PM

Jul 2013
Petra's gone ;_;, that Female Titan is way too OP, like seriously, not even Titan Eren could stop her, if only she didn't have that hardening ability. That fight was epic though, the animation was top-notch, and the music fitted as well, it was amazing. Now I wonder if Mikasa and Levi will be able to stop the Female Titan.
Aug 31, 2013 4:36 PM

Apr 2013
45Ravager said:
Petra's gone ;_;, that Female Titan is way too OP, like seriously, not even Titan Eren could stop her, if only she didn't have that hardening ability. That fight was epic though, the animation was top-notch, and the music fitted as well, it was amazing. Now I wonder if Mikasa and Levi will be able to stop the Female Titan.

"Not even Titan Eren" shows how much you overestimate him. He was almost eaten alive by ordinary titans ..... geez.
Sep 2012
Rewatched subbed. The action sequence with Mikasa was absolutely stunning with better quality. A lot of the action this episode would look ugly when screencapped because the animation was just incredibly fluid at points. Some points, like Titan Eren freaking out and the female Titan biting the nape looked off, but it's nothing incredibly awful.

As for the story points, this episode broke 3 often poorly executed aspects of a shonen series:
the power of friendship, nobody dies and shonen power-up. While I don't mind these aspects, if they're used well and in moderation(One Piece, Magi), it's refreshing to see a subversive take on these aspects.
Another thing to note are the female Titan's expressions, I liked that in the manga and knowing what I know, it's interesting to follow those.

Aug 2012
For those of you who are curious this ended on chapter 30 somewhere around pages 11 or 12.

Aug 31, 2013 4:37 PM

Feb 2013
please be gentle, i just came while watching the gurren lagann movie im still sensitive
Aug 31, 2013 4:37 PM

Jan 2010
Hawkeye's theme make everything better

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Aug 31, 2013 4:38 PM

May 2011
Holy shit, what an episode! So many feels and so many badass moments... wow, I’m speechless.

And finally, Mikasa made her comeback in style.
Aug 31, 2013 4:43 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, that was intense. I really didn't expect that the whole squad would get wiped.
6/5.
Aug 31, 2013 4:45 PM

Dec 2009
Really intense fight.

But a 3-minute recap and lots of head shots kind of ruined the flow.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 2013
A heartbreaking episode..!
"Sometimes I wish I was just a cloud, floating along..!"

Jun 2012
Why did I like Mikasa's 2 minutes of screen-time far more than Eren's ragefilled "rampage"?

RIP Petra and Shingeki no Recap made its sneaky return
Aug 31, 2013 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
Why did I like Mikasa's 2 minutes of screen-time far more than Eren's ragefilled "rampage"?

Because Mikasa is kakoii?
Aug 31, 2013 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
DAMN THIS SHOW MAN T __ T

DAMNIT

YOU GET ATTACHED TO CHARACTERS AND THEN THEY JUST DIE T ~ T //CRIES

Aug 2013
ERMEHGERD! So awesome! Titan fights are the best! Woo! Petra's gone though, I'm gonna miss the ones that lost their lives on this episode. Hot damn, that was one excellent episode.

Aug 2013
KingCez said:

feels like this is dragging ass. too many fucking flashbacks during that titan fight too

Useless? Eren was the only person who lasted more than 20 seconds agains the female titan, he was so useless carrying that boulder that sealed the Trost gate too right?
I swear Eren haters can say many things, but Eren is far from useless.
Aug 31, 2013 4:48 PM

Apr 2013
MikasaxEren said:
KingCez said:

Useless? Eren was the only person who lasted more than 20 seconds agains the female titan, he was so useless carrying that boulder that sealed the Trost gate too right?

Not actually far but he has moments where he is useless.
Aug 31, 2013 4:55 PM

Jan 2012
the episode covered a lot,I kinda regret reading the manga but the fight sure seemed more epic in the anime...I know where they are going to end it so it should be interesting,and they better comfirm a 2nd season in a year or 2 too
Aug 31, 2013 4:55 PM

Sep 2012
NOT MY PETRA :'(
FEMALE TITAN IS OVERPOWERED
Oh and the Eren x Female Titan fight was beautiful.
11/10 - This show is perfect <3
Aug 31, 2013 4:57 PM

Jan 2012
the fight was seriously some soon to be epic memorable fight in anime,espcially loved eren without jaw
Aug 31, 2013 4:57 PM

Jul 2010
SOMEONE FUCKING KILL THIS BITCH ALREADY.
FUCK. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO PETRA AND THE REST OF SQUAD.
Aug 31, 2013 4:58 PM

Jul 2009
moral of the story: fuck nakama power. just kill whoever is in front of you.
Aug 31, 2013 5:00 PM

Jun 2008
After a ridiculous 3 minutes of recap to start off the episode I was expecting a lot of stills and filler.

I was wrong. The fights were awesome, looking forward to next week.
Aug 31, 2013 5:00 PM

Jan 2013
WHY PETRA?!
Mikasa and Levi will slay this big bitch next week, they must take revenge
Aug 31, 2013 5:02 PM
May 2013
That small 3-4 second interval when Auruo is the only one left and he slashes her neck and you think he got her, only to see his blades break...the realization that in a few seconds all of the Special Ops Squad will be dead...

Wonder how many people are getting emotional backlash from this...gawd
Aug 31, 2013 5:02 PM

Jan 2013
Welp easily my favorite of the series so far, MMA style fighting is just great 5/5.
Aug 31, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2012
I like reading people's reaction here,so not used with fictional characters getting killed brutally...I love it
Aug 31, 2013 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
Now I'm curious what the fight in final episode (25) will look like in animation and with it being shown in theaters first, that would means high quality animation :D

Aug 31, 2013 5:06 PM

Jul 2009
i think she showed her real face at the end and eren was like oh shit no way and got caught off guard
so he didnt lose technically..
KurogashiAug 31, 2013 5:13 PM
Aug 31, 2013 5:08 PM

Jun 2010
WOW. My eyes were glued to the screen the whole time. Seriously though, the FT is so overpowered lol. I was even frustrated at Eren.
The voice acting and music was perfect with the animation. @_@
Petra.. :'(
Aug 31, 2013 5:10 PM
Mar 2010
I thought I had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen this episode.
I had no clue.
Wow that was both excellent and emotion invoking. I really doubted Petra would be killed off as she was developed quite a bit, the rest were only moderately developed.
Every moment was intense and the Mikasa scene is definitely worthy of many rewatches.
Aug 31, 2013 5:14 PM

Aug 2011
HOLY FREAKING SHIT. BEST EPISODE YET. NEXT EPISODE HAS POTENTIAL TO BE EVEN BETTER.
Aug 31, 2013 5:15 PM

Feb 2012
Oh shit son, Rip OG Levy's squad, they were an interesting team.

Next one will be crazy.
Aug 31, 2013 5:17 PM

Jul 2013
Nark0Punk said:
Welp easily my favorite of the series so far, MMA style fighting is just great 5/5.

So much more to come second season...
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 31, 2013 5:17 PM

Oct 2011
FluffyFlesh said:
MikasaxEren said:
KingCez said:

Not actually far but he has moments where he is useless.

Like?
Nope.
Aug 31, 2013 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
Just watched subbed and in better quality, I am in love with this episode, and I still stick to my point that Eren's titan form reminds me of the hulk, it is like fury in physical form. Still Mikasa is also fury in human form "Give him back!" .
Female titan vs Levi and Mikasa is going to be good.

Jul 2012
The episode everyone has been waiting for. Very, very nicely done.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Believe in your nakama, yhea right.. But don't worry Eren. Nice fight between the two, but the female titan was on a totally different level than Eren. In the middle of the fight it seems like the female titan pity Eren and knows what Eren is saying. I'm excited for when Eren gets his titan power ups. Not a very suprising reaction by Eren nor Mikasa. Mikasa & Levi working together next episode will be cool. A little weird how the main characters for the last episodes get killed like that, but it was pretty awesome nonetheless.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Today, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Yesterday, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

» For educational purpose what would eren diagnosis look like

egosumjohn - Apr 3

15 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 8, 6:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.