Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2013 5:28 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just started watching this xD

Woah!! Well , I think this one will be great xD Like it xD Creepy principal xD And Celestia is a cute one . For me xD

Looked out for photos --> http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/ludenberg-celestia

- barely alive -
Aug 31, 2013 5:29 AM

Sep 2012
How come this thread is so empty???
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 31, 2013 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
symbv said:
I'm guessing the episode 1 discussion thread got deleted. My second guess is that too many spoilers were thrown.
Sep 8, 2013 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
Can't take seriously, so kiddie!
evalsposimSep 8, 2013 8:58 AM
Sep 13, 2013 4:56 PM

Dec 2012
Is that Doraemon voice acting the half white half black bear!?
Sep 13, 2013 5:18 PM

May 2009
Aw man, the game was great, but this adaptation looks like its gonna suck! The animation is cheap and the pacing is terrible. Atleast they keep the soundtrack from the game, even if its kinda randomly used.
Sep 16, 2013 10:45 AM

Jun 2011
TonyTin said:
symbv said:
I'm guessing the episode 1 discussion thread got deleted. My second guess is that too many spoilers were thrown.

That's great.

Uhm is that Orochimaru's voice that I heard? Wow that's kinda.. My thought on this episode, I don't like the characters yet, and it's not completely realistic either, I mean the personalities, and their reaction etc.. I don't like how that super idol blushed at the MC at the end. Producer must don't know why people blush. Within that despair, normally people wouldn't blush. It's a minor fault but I don't like it, like it's setting up for the female to like the male, and then maybe backstab him or something. Some characters are okay, but the art.. artist is trying to hard to make each of them special, too hard. If you remove the pupil, the hair, and the outfits, you're left with everyone looking the same, with some few exception.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 17, 2013 5:02 AM

Dec 2010
lol not even 5 mins in and this anime already has fans service. lol so much fail

try harder next time

this anime suck ballzz

dropped.

**cue butthurt fanboy replies
Sep 20, 2013 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
Seems another Mirai Nikki series. Let's see if someone's going to be killed.

Since this seems interesting, I might play this VN after completing this.

Sep 20, 2013 6:25 AM

Feb 2012
Tennouji_ said:
Seems another Mirai Nikki series. Let's see if someone's going to be killed.

Since this seems interesting, I might play this VN after completing this.

wahaha hi Tennouji ^_^

yeah this is like Mirai Nikki, except the reverse. Dangan Ronpa anime starts out mediocre then gets better and better (eps 9-12 have been amazing for me :D) unlike mirai nikki where it starts out all cool, amazing and full of hope, but then it went downhill to a mediocre anime~

yes yes, play the VN after ^_^
Sep 23, 2013 8:14 AM

Jan 2012
wow this thread is empty :/ whenever there are lots of characters like this i always wonder if im going to be able to llike them, and if 12/13 episodes is enough time to give each one there own air time (i dont think all of them will) some look interesting...

art is a little childish for me, very very cartoon style...

i agree with what someone said above in that some of the reactions and just how this first episode panned out was so hard to believe even on anime standards and was a little rushed, but I am still intrigued and will watch on!

i am hoping this does get that mirai nikki feel to it, dark and eerie, kill or be killed, paranoia and all that kicking in, should theoretically be good, just hope that comedy and mood doesn't kill iand try and make it light hearted!
Oct 2, 2013 5:14 AM

May 2012
Pretty interesting concept and pretty nice art as well especially the eyes are something unique! So lets see what this story has to offer us and who'll be the first victim of this death game!
Oct 9, 2013 6:36 AM
May 2012
Oh still very few post in this thread huh.

Well I just waited for this Anime to finish airing and now that it's finished It's time to watch it :3 and hey that's not that bad the Art is unique the story looks interesting well let's see how it goes :D
Oct 25, 2013 6:45 AM

Oct 2013
I think monobear has problems.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 7, 2013 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
If I were them, I would be wondering how the bear can prove that by killing someone, they can leave. For all you know, if you kill someone, the bear will make you disappear so the others will think you escaped but all he really did was kill you.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Feb 5, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2011
I started watching the anime after i finished the game, 'cause the game was awesome and i really loved it. The first episode'sfirst five minutes alredy let me down... The animation doesn't suit the game's style, the game seemed much more original and fun. It's only first episode and they skipped so much from the game... Even Monokuma seems less Monokuma-like in the anime, he was much more badass in the game! Well i'm glad the original soundtrack is used from the game, but don't think it.. fits in quite well when it's used? Well i was disapointed..
May 26, 2014 8:19 PM

Feb 2013
I have never played the game and I have no intentions to do it. This seems like a nice anime, and - maybe it sounds weird, I like the animation.
Jun 18, 2014 2:01 PM

Nov 2013
Watching this right after watching the game. It is going by wayyy too fast. I feel like it will be hard to actually care when people die, as there will be probably little time to get to know the characters. But, we'll see.
Aug 18, 2014 9:02 PM

May 2014
was gonna drop it but then I quickly caught on to the gist/situation :3 Monobear's laugh at the end tho haha
Aug 25, 2014 2:20 PM

Feb 2013
For a first episode this thread in really emppty compared to the other episodes. I wonder why. Oh well. Seems interesting. I feel like it's gonna be rushed very much. I think this type of show would've benefited from a 24 episode count instead of a 12 episode count. But then again there is a game so I guess it's fine. I haven't played the game yet but I plan to in the future. I'd would be surprised if he main character didn't survive.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.