Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2013 5:28 AM

Apr 2013
lupadim said:
baki502 said:
Lupadim you filthy blasphemist denying the importance of the old gods! Odin shall throw Gungnir at you and pierce you to the ground!

Btw I would really love to see some more anime with old religion lore. I really loved Campione for its mythological lore and the french kissing and I would love to see more anime wit greek and the north gods and other maybe less known.

How can someone take seriously those old gods? I mean, disney is always making ridiculous parodies of them, and not only disney, but kinda everyone.

So you watching disney kid movies? Interesting!
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Sep 1, 2013 5:29 AM

Aug 2012
Mirati said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:
Lupadim you filthy blasphemist denying the importance of the old gods! Odin shall throw Gungnir at you and pierce you to the ground!

Btw I would really love to see some more anime with old religion lore. I really loved Campione for its mythological lore and the french kissing and I would love to see more anime wit greek and the north gods and other maybe less known.

How can someone take seriously those old gods? I mean, disney is always making ridiculous parodies of them, and not only disney, but kinda everyone.

Thor, The Avengers, Titans (not sure if this one is from disney and if this is really the name, but well) and many others are kid movies?

You just went full retard, I am laughing my ass here.
Sep 1, 2013 5:30 AM

Apr 2012
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

There are a lot of parodies of christianity to Im just gonna mention the most know the Life of Brian. So is Christianity all Bullshit now too? Just because a opinion is popular does not make it right. And you cant proove the inexistence of the old gods just as less as the existence or inexistence of the christian god. So yeah its just as reasonable/unreasonable to believe in the old gods as to believe in the christian god. I am Agnostic so I dont exactly believe in any god, but I dont deny their possible existence and importance. And in my opinion the Old gods gave us a lot more from a cultural perspective since in my opinion it has a lot more diversified and imaginative lore than christianity.
Sep 1, 2013 5:32 AM

Aug 2012
baki502 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

There are a lot of parodies of christianity to Im just gonna mention the most know the Life of Brian. So is Christianity all Bullshit now too? Just because a opinion is popular does not make it right. And you cant proove the inexistence of the old gods just as less as the existence or inexistence of the christian god. So yeah its just as reasonable/unreasonable to believe in the old gods as to believe in the christian god. I am Agnostic so I dont exactly believe in any god, but I dont deny their possible existence and importance. And in my opinion the Old gods gave us a lot more from a cultural perspective since in my opinion it has a lot more diversified and imaginative lore than christianity.

Christianity movies are not ridiculous, they are a way to reach people that don't believe with visual art. You will find some ridiculous parodies too if you search a lot, but can't do much about that.

But disney, a powerful corporation that has huge influence, always made ridiculous parodies about it. One thing is parodies from a stupid and small company trying to be funny, another different thing is parodies from the most powerful cinema corporation in the world.
Sep 1, 2013 5:34 AM

Dec 2012
lupadim said:
Mirati said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

Thor, The Avengers, Titans (not sure if this one is from disney and if this is really the name, but well) and many others are kid movies?

Um, lupadim.. you do realize that none of the shows you mentioned are by Disney, right?
Makes your "full retard" comment kinda ironic, to say the least.
Sep 1, 2013 5:36 AM

Jan 2012
darkholy said:
lupadim said:
Mirati said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

Um, lupadim.. you do realize that none of the shows you mentioned are by Disney, right?

hey...Jesus man
Sep 1, 2013 5:37 AM

Aug 2012
darkholy said:
lupadim said:
Mirati said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

Um, lupadim.. you do realize that

YOU ARE QUOTED. YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR POST NOW. YOUR STUPIDITY SHALL LAST FOREVER.
Wikipedia said:
Marvel's The Avengers[4] (classified under the name Marvel Avengers Assemble in the UK and Ireland),[1][5] or simply The Avengers, is a 2012 American superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures

And before you argue "they are not made by disney's hands111!!!", what I said still works.
Sep 1, 2013 5:39 AM

Dec 2012
lupadim said:
darkholy said:
lupadim said:
Mirati said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

YOU ARE QUOTED. YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR POST NOW. YOUR STUPIDITY SHALL LAST FOREVER.
Wikipedia said:
Marvel's The Avengers[4] (classified under the name Marvel Avengers Assemble in the UK and Ireland),[1][5] or simply The Avengers, is a 2012 American superhero film produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures

And before you argue "they are not made by disney's hands111!!!", what I said still works.

So.. by your logic, if a Honda was distributed by harley-davidson, it would be a harley?
Got ya.

EDIT: Seriously, why do I even bother.. Even tho it says right there on that stupid little wiki article this imbecile used to "prove" his nonsense, that it's a marvel ip, and produced by marvel... makes me remember why I hate the internet sometimes.
darkholySep 1, 2013 5:45 AM
Sep 1, 2013 5:47 AM

Aug 2012
darkholy said:
lupadim said:
darkholy said:
lupadim said:
Mirati said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

Wikipedia said:

So.. by your logic, if a Honda was distributed by harley-davidson, it would be a harley?
Got ya.

EDIT: Seriously, why do I even bother.. Even tho it says right there on that stupid little wiki article this imbecile used to "prove" his nonsense, that it's a marvel ip, and produced by marvel... makes me remember why I hate the internet sometimes.

Because it proves you are wrong
Sep 1, 2013 5:52 AM

Jun 2011
see how excited lupi got when he actually had proof to back something up. rare sight, would read again!
Sep 1, 2013 5:53 AM

Aug 2012
Pocketasces said:
see how excited lupi got when he actually had proof to back something up. rare sight, would read again!

It feels good.
Sep 1, 2013 5:54 AM

Apr 2013
Arguing over Disney movies on an anime forum in thread about atheism.

Sep 1, 2013 5:56 AM

Dec 2012

http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/0+0+Mutant+spider+goat+Well+I+m+done+_108ed094463ecdc98f6e373f692a422a.gif
Sep 1, 2013 5:58 AM

Aug 2012
darkholy said:

http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/0+0+Mutant+spider+goat+Well+I+m+done+_108ed094463ecdc98f6e373f692a422a.gif

That gif proves nothing. But why are we discusing about Odin if we had to discuss about anime atheism?
Sep 1, 2013 6:07 AM

Apr 2013
lupadim said:
Mirati said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

hahahhaah
Disney make Thor, The Avengers, Titans movies? hahahahaha
you are just hilarious! you don't even know what are you talking about im afraid im the one who laugh my ass ;)
Also nothing of this movies are parody, classic retarded lupadim rolf
The Heart
All right reserved

Sep 1, 2013 6:08 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not too certain of any characters in anime being to arrogant about their atheism if they happen to be one.
Sep 1, 2013 6:10 AM

Aug 2012
Mirati said:

Enough internet for today
Sep 1, 2013 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
lupadim said:
Mirati said:

Enough internet for today

Enough lupadim for today

Also deleting the part of the quote i prove how retarded you are don't make you less retarded :)

Go watch some Disney movies now, you know like Thor.. ahahhhhahaha
The Heart
All right reserved

Sep 1, 2013 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
baki502 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

Christianity movies are not ridiculous, they are a way to reach people that don't believe with visual art. You will find some ridiculous parodies too if you search a lot, but can't do much about that.

But disney, a powerful corporation that has huge influence, always made ridiculous parodies about it. One thing is parodies from a stupid and small company trying to be funny, another different thing is parodies from the most powerful cinema corporation in the world.

Is because Disney knows that mocking the most influential and popular religion is suicide? They're mocking a old mythology that is popular as knowledgement instead of praticity, meaning it doesn't have followers (or at least, nowhere near as much as christianity). Also, this mythology is very known to make human-like Gods, so it is not surprising to make that much of parodies with it, because making parodies of omnipotent beings that sets tons of rules on peasents like us doesn't sound fun at all.

If christianity ended in the same way as greece mythology, it would be parodied to no end too.

Sep 1, 2013 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
I am not sure if this is a tradition or a religion, but in many animes, they have the "shrine visits" on new year day. Students also throw some coins as offerings and pray to get good exam results.

The "Shrine visit" episodes are pretty common in many SOL animes, Toradora, Chuunibyo and many more all have them.

Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko have Buddhist themes.

There are "Shrine Maidens" (Yogusa no sora) and characters from churches wearing nun attire ( ef: A Tale of Melodies/Memories and Haganai).

There are religious cues in animes, but none of the animes I've seen or heard of revolves around religion as the main theme.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Sep 1, 2013 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

Is because Disney knows that mocking the most influential and popular religion is suicide? They're mocking a old mythology that is popular as knowledgement instead of praticity, meaning it doesn't have followers (or at least, nowhere near as much as christianity). Also, this mythology is very known to make human-like Gods, so it is not surprising to make that much of parodies with it, because making parodies of omnipotent beings that sets tons of rules on peasents like us doesn't sound fun at all.

If christianity ended in the same way as greece mythology, it would be parodied to no end too.

I don't see a way to parody it.
Sep 1, 2013 9:53 AM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

Look for religious themes in Simpsons.

Sep 1, 2013 9:57 AM

Aug 2012
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

That is not making a parody, that is making fun of a religion. I don't remember any war between gods that happened in Christianity.
Sep 1, 2013 10:33 AM

Mar 2012
baki502 said:
And you cant proove the inexistence of the old gods just as less as the existence or inexistence of the christian god.
And in my opinion the Old gods gave us a lot more from a cultural perspective since in my opinion it has a lot more diversified and imaginative lore than christianity.

I think both these assertions can be countered rather easily.
Let's go bowling.
Sep 1, 2013 11:32 AM

Apr 2013
There are no parodies of madokami therefore she's real. check mate lupadim!
qb_cakesSep 1, 2013 11:42 AM
Sep 1, 2013 11:32 AM

Aug 2013
Arrowhead311 said:
Rather than mention of the christian 'god', anime tends to have a lot more of 'folklore deities' or 'shrine gods' related to Buddhism since Christianity is no way near as prevalent in Japan (thank god for that...hypocrisy right there :0)
Yes but I believe the OP is referring to complete atheists no?
Sep 1, 2013 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

That is not making a parody, that is making fun of a religion. I don't remember any war between gods that happened in Christianity.

Look for the chapter where Homer tells the story of the birth of Jesus.

Sep 1, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
lupadim said:
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:
lupadim said:
baki502 said:

South Park
Sep 1, 2013 12:09 PM

Oct 2012
Atheism isn't something that inherently bothers me per se, but I am leery of it. I often disregard or pass on shows with openly atheists as main characters or if the show has a negative view on religion/the supernatural.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Sep 1, 2013 12:15 PM

Apr 2011
NickyCharisma said:
Atheism isn't something that inherently bothers me per se, but I am leery of it. I often disregard or pass on shows with openly atheists as main characters or if the show has a negative view on religion/the supernatural.

It's always good to hear and then analyse new opinions and perspectives for or against what concerns you.
Sep 1, 2013 12:23 PM

Oct 2012
Nidstang said:
NickyCharisma said:

It's always good to hear and then analyse new opinions and perspectives for or against what concerns you.

That's a fair point. I read Rolling Stone not because I agree with the opinions of the magazine, but rather because I disagree with them. I don't want to incase myself in a thought cocoon so I seek out views that challenge my own.

Religion is a horse of a different color though, isn't it? While I'm generally tolerant of other's affiliations and would want to learn more about why they believe what they do in fact believe or disbelieve, I will make the conceit that I will not sit through something that is openly anti-religious defaming to my faith. What is there to be gained from it?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Sep 3, 2013 5:19 AM

May 2012
REligion may have the potential to be A LITTLE BREATH OF FRESH AIR and iim tired as hell of friendship being too overrated ... its just that its too controversial thats what i understood from this thread ... i dont think we should get angry about it though ... its cool
Sep 3, 2013 5:31 AM

May 2012
OMG i just saw bebop ep 23 again and there was this one scene with the imaginary guru ... im sure every1 knows about it ... thats the kinda thing i ment ... there needs to be on the other side saying ...' dont lose faith theres always someone watching you'
Sep 3, 2013 5:39 AM

May 2013
NickyCharisma said:

I could understand if it was happening in real life or something like that, but I don't see how it could be a bother in fiction :S How does anyone let fiction mess with their real life ideals?
Sep 3, 2013 6:01 AM
Aug 2013
I think it's better to believe in ourselves than any god or idol or whatever. We just can't say if gods exist or not,there's nothing that proves it and there's nothing that refutes it too,even science/logic will never be able to argue against religious facts. So,in any situation,if we believe in ourselves instead relying on faith,be it science or religion,it will be easier to deal with the "real world" problems and to create bonds between people without putting logos on them.
Sep 3, 2013 6:14 AM

Sep 2012
twintailsdude said:
I think it's better to believe in ourselves than any god or idol or whatever. We just can't say if gods exist or not,there's nothing that proves it and there's nothing that refutes it too,even science/logic will never be able to argue against religious facts. So,in any situation,if we believe in ourselves instead relying on faith,be it science or religion,it will be easier to deal with the "real world" problems and to create bonds between people without putting logos on them.

Your avatar is Godly...

No pun/joke/reference to this thread intended.

Anyway, is it weird I took the pseudo-Christian messages in EVA seriously? A lot of people call bullshit.
Sep 3, 2013 9:07 AM

Dec 2008
Watch Madoka and see the real god.
Sep 3, 2013 9:14 AM

Aug 2013
ChrnoTodd said:

All praise Madoka?

More OT: How do people feel about series which prove/disprove certain higher beliefs? (Such as the existence of a god, magic powers, etc)

Dark_Chaos said:
How does anyone let fiction mess with their real life ideals?

Stories, the good ones at least, will always have something for us to take away from them. That may change our real life ideals.

I learned a lot about how I want to handle morality from fiction. It's pretty much entirely how I learned forgiveness, and avoiding corruption (From power).

Then again a lot of that is from writing it. But still.
Mogu-samaSep 3, 2013 9:22 AM
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Sep 5, 2013 4:39 PM

Apr 2011
Antanaru said:
Atheism is a thing of simple, less educated people

Dumbest post ever.
Sep 5, 2013 5:19 PM

Apr 2013
I don't believe in any Gods, but I don't mind if anime or manga have a religious theme to it. Most of the time, it's done well.
It's just for entertainment. Bitching about how religion is portrayed in entertainment is seriously not a good thing to waste your time arguing about.
Dear God, dear God, tinkle tinkle hoy.
"But ur a retard."
~Akito_Kinomoto
Sep 5, 2013 6:10 PM

May 2012
Ed's atheist rant in the first episode of FMA is actually what got me interested in watching the rest of the series.
Sep 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Oct 2012
Dark_Chaos said:
NickyCharisma said:

I could understand if it was happening in real life or something like that, but I don't see how it could be a bother in fiction :S How does anyone let fiction mess with their real life ideals?

Well... the fiction that we choose matters. Because if it didn't matter, we wouldn't waste our most valuable resource, our time, on it. Wouldn't you agree?

And can someone confirm if there's an atheist message in FMA? My friend, who loves the series, tells me there isn't. But if there is I won't watch it. So an answer would be appreciated.
Sep 5, 2013 7:38 PM

Jun 2012
I don't sit there watching anime saying/thinking "Godless heathens" I watch anime to be entertained not educated about religion.
Sep 5, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
There is no atheist message in FMA. I'm a huge fan of the series both 2003 and Brotherhood and can tell you as a Catholic I did not once feel like my ideals were being challenged
Sep 5, 2013 7:50 PM

Feb 2010
i still believe in souls after life, god, etc. but i can still enjoy shows like HSDXD
just because i believe in it does not mean i agree with every thing my religion has done in the past or in the present.

also can we please stop bringing these kind of threads up it can really bring the worst arguments out on the forums.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 5, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
SaberKurisu said:
There is no atheist message in FMA. I'm a huge fan of the series both 2003 and Brotherhood and can tell you as a Catholic I did not once feel like my ideals were being challenged

Thank you. Sincerely.
Sep 5, 2013 8:23 PM

Jan 2012
ChrnoTodd said:

but madoka was a bad anime
Sep 5, 2013 8:25 PM

Oct 2012
renders said:
ChrnoTodd said:

So did MAL going down make everyone lose their minds!?
Sep 5, 2013 8:27 PM

Feb 2010
NickyCharisma said:
renders said:
ChrnoTodd said:

So did MAL going down make everyone lose their minds!?

no its always been like that on MAL
hes looking for a fight ignore him
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 5, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2009
Madoka has it's moments, but honestly I just couldn't get behind it. I wouldn't call it bad, but it's not really my cup of tea, music was nice atleast, but those character designs... my god those stretched out faces looked horrible.

As for religion, we only see it very rarely and when it is shown it's usually in the form of fanservice like sexy nuns in Seikon no Qwaser. Or comedy like in Saint Onii, with Jesus and Buddha as main chars. Anime is just not a very serious medium, most of it is very light-hearted and doesn't have the kind of writers that are willing to tackle these subjects. I'm not saying serious anime that deals with religion is impossible to find, but its very rare at best.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

19 by SnipeStrike »»
37 seconds ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 5 minutes ago

3 by tchitchouan »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

25 by Morphun »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 11 hours ago

40 by Rhaelynne »»
6 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

56 by Morphun »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.