MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Do I need to watch the Monogatari series in order?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Do I need to watch the Monogatari series in order?

08-30-13, 7:57 AM

What I'm asking is simple: Do you need to watch the series in a specific order, or can you just start with whatever and still be albe to follow just as well?
Are the stories tied to eachoter, or are they seperate, contained storylines?
And if you need to watch in order, what order would that be?
Nekomonogatari Kuro first then Bakemonogatari, or the other way around? What comes next?
Slightly confused here...

08-30-13, 8:01 AM

Just watch it in airing order.

Bakemonogatari -> Nisemonogatari -> Nekomonogatari:Kuro -> Monogatari series: Second season

Chronologically the order is

Nekomonogatari: Kuro -> Bake -> Nise -> second season

But watch it in broadcast order for better enjoyment IMO.

Story is tied to one another, not exactly sequels per se but there are references to past events that you wouldn't understand if you watch it in other orders...iirc.
Modified by Hidden_Joker, 08-30-13, 8:05 AM

08-30-13, 8:13 AM

I see. So even tho the airing order is different from what would normaly be a chronological order for the series, it still "flows" better if I watch it like that, eh?

Ok, thanks.

BTW Joker, who is the charecter is your profile picture?
NVM, foud it. It's Kasumi Mogi
Modified by darkholy, 08-30-13, 8:22 AM

08-30-13, 8:22 AM

darkholy said:
I see. So even tho the airing order is different from what would normaly be a chronological order for the series, it still "flows" better if I watch it like that, eh?

Yes, it does. Chronological works well for this series but broadcast order seems more fitting.

08-30-13, 8:46 AM

Sanjur0 said:
darkholy said:

Yes, it does. Chronological works well for this series but broadcast order seems more fitting.
I completely agree, the airing order is way more fitting to watch.

08-30-13, 9:41 AM

Lol, watching the Monogatari series in chronological order sounds like the worst thing you could possibly do. Sure, Neko (Black) occurs chronologically first out of what is currently released, but it relies rather heavily on its pre-existing sequels for both its humor and character interactions to make sense.

08-30-13, 10:10 AM

I never understand how people always have this question about any anime. If they air it in a certain order that's the order you watch it.
Well, how about this. My "luck" versus this thing's "curse". Wanna see what's stronger..? If I lose, then I'm just that much of a man anyways.

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices