Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 9 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2013 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
C9 huh? That shit looks dangerous.

So Sakura did commit sucide after all.
Guilty = herself.

I feel sorry for Asahina now..especially with that suicide note ;.;
God damn it, Monobear is so cruel ;.;
Aug 29, 2013 10:05 AM

Jul 2013

Well this was an good episode to me, just the class trial didn't felt rush at all 5/5. The ending left me unanswered though, the sixteenth student...
omega_d94Aug 30, 2013 11:03 AM

Aug 29, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
http://i.imgur.com/IdheF6j.jpg
Let's talk about Kirigiri,the girl who touch every dead bodies so far including the fat guy's pantsu and then just casually lick her gloves........

Also,how did she just waltz into Naegi's room in the middle of the night? I thought all the student's rooms are locked? She's freaking more mysterious than any of the cases!

And I'm ready for this 16th student and whatever twist he/she's gonna come with.
Aug 29, 2013 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
Gets really interesting from before because the characters now point their enemies toward Monobear. I don't know if the 16th high school student is another person who works for Monobear but Kirigiri displays a sense of knowledge about the situation. Also who changed the cup with the poison and the protein? Was it Asahina or the 16th high school student?
All war is deception. -Sun Tzu
Aug 29, 2013 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
Stormbringer101 said:
Also who changed the cup with the poison and the protein? Was it Asahina or the 16th high school student?

Asahina.
Aug 29, 2013 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
No surprise here , just excitment.
/clap.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 29, 2013 1:34 PM

Jan 2010
That trial was actually handled better than I thought

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Aug 29, 2013 3:25 PM

Nov 2008
I guess I can live up with this trial. But sure that upside down magazine evidence was useless.

Naegi wasn't even shocked when Kirigiri got inside his room. xDD

So, introducing the 16th Student. The Super Highschool Despair: Ikusaba Mukuro. :D

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 29, 2013 3:36 PM

May 2012
Oh my god, they left the 'four-eyed lemon' line in I'm dying.
Aug 29, 2013 4:22 PM

Nov 2007
That's quick. The two are fast at admitting about hitting them, and softball girl is quick in killing them. Protein in poison pin? Even though she later admitting about switching the poisons and thought she killed him, he did it himself with the last letter. Oh, no, Alter Ego getting caught and being destroyed.

Kamase megane lol! and adding one more?? Despair guy?
tsubasaloverAug 29, 2013 4:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 29, 2013 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
wow, this may be the only trial in the anime that was actually not rushed. I had a feeling the pacing would get better after half the cast died. Less characters = more time to focus on things. Though im certain chapter 5 is going to be fucked up, but we will see come next week

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 29, 2013 6:44 PM

Feb 2008
It's getting interesting, let's see how they will get out of there. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 30, 2013 1:25 AM

Jul 2008
DenjaX said:
I guess I can live up with this trial. But sure that upside down magazine evidence was useless.

So, introducing the 16th Student.
:D

Aug 30, 2013 5:07 AM

Nov 2008
foreveroblivion said:
DenjaX said:

So, introducing the 16th Student.
:D

what the hell are you smoking? i ddnt spoil anything. kirigiri said it herself.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 30, 2013 5:15 AM

Sep 2012
I first expected the new student would appear right after the episode where at the end we saw the bear talked to someone off-screen. I thought I must have got it wrong when nothing happened afterwards. Glad that I did not get on the wrong track after all !
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 30, 2013 7:52 AM

Nov 2012
hmm yeah this trial was handled better than the other ones. but the murder/investigation episodes are still better adapted though. poor aoi. ;~; but genocider was the best in this episode tbh.

DenjaX said:
But sure that upside down magazine evidence was useless.

lol this. in the game it was useful.. but i wonder why they even showed it as evidence in the anime if they didn't use it anyways.

damn now i'm really curious how they're going to handle the last 2 chapters. beware.. of mukuro ikusaba...
Aug 30, 2013 8:03 AM

Jul 2012
When they found out it was suicide I thought Monobear would do something horrible to Sakura´s corpse, I think that would have been more traumatizing for the other studens, but still destroying thier best shot to escape and saying he knew about it the whole time was also a dick move.

Cant wait for the fifth trail that as far as I know it has some unexpected twists.
English its not my first language, pls Grammar Nazis spare me ._.
Aug 30, 2013 8:21 AM

Jul 2009
Am i the only one who's wondering how Kirigiri got into Naegi's room after the credits? Does he really sleep with his door open????
Aug 30, 2013 8:45 AM
Apr 2013
I am assuming that the plot will move on now and not have any more trials.
Aug 30, 2013 9:00 AM

May 2013
Woah i never expect suicide
Aug 30, 2013 9:03 AM

May 2013
The end was interesting. Poor Alter Ego. Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 30, 2013 9:04 AM

Dec 2012
I'm excited to see what happens in the next episode. Good episode :>
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Aug 30, 2013 9:30 AM

Jun 2013
Suicide. I thought so. I wonder what did she mean in that part of the note unreaded loudly by Monokuma.

I want to see the 16th student!
Aug 30, 2013 9:44 AM

May 2013
Who is that 16th student O_O shit!! and dat scene of naegi and kirigiri! I feel bad for sakura-san i thought she would go super saiiyan mode vs Monokuma xD
Tch.
Aug 30, 2013 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
That trial was prettying interetsing, but I wonder why that magazine wasn't explained at all since it was there as possible evidence, I guess it was useless then. But that was a pretty emotional trial, and when Monobear hit that button, I really thought he was going to do something cruel with Sakura's corpse, seeing Alter Ego surprised me a bit, but I had a feeling he knew about it.

I also wonder what Sakura meant when she said that Monobear did something to everyone's body, and now we know the 16th student's name, skill, and gender; I can't wait for the next case to see how confusing it gets.
Aug 30, 2013 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
ponygon123 said:
I am assuming that the plot will move on now and not have any more trials.
The plot is going into full force next episode, seeing how well done this ep was the finale anime only viewers may be in for a treat

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 30, 2013 10:28 AM
Jan 2013
Ok, so Sakura is dead, so wat's new, it's already mentioned in the spoilers.
Aug 30, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2011
Baddie007 said:
Ok, so Sakura is dead, so wat's new, it's already mentioned in the spoilers.
No shit that there would be spoilers, within the spoiler tags

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 30, 2013 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
This just keeps getting better.
*Boarding SS Naegi x Kirigiri*
Aug 30, 2013 11:28 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
silverwalls said:

DenjaX said:
But sure that upside down magazine evidence was useless.

lol this. in the game it was useful.. but i wonder why they even showed it as evidence in the anime if they didn't use it anyways.

I was wondering about that magazine evidence too, thanks for explaining that it was useful in the game but not in the anime.

Monokuma making the false suicide note. Can this guy get any more annoying, toying with people's emotions like that. And he even destroyed Alter Ego :(
zakkun89 said:

Also,how did she just waltz into Naegi's room in the middle of the night? I thought all the student's rooms are locked?

Yeah I was kind of surprised too :o
Aug 30, 2013 12:12 PM

Dec 2011
Wait, what was the point of Kirigiri telling Naegi to meet at that room?

Aug 30, 2013 12:38 PM

Sep 2011
kittyn said:
Wait, what was the point of Kirigiri telling Naegi to meet at that room?
Theres a point to it that will be shown next episode

JoksPacifist said:
This just keeps getting better.
*Boarding SS Naegi x Kirigiri*

http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/sample/sample-361236d7a186be731e7ed5158ea98f64.jpg

mmhhhhhhh yuri
JizzyHitlerAug 30, 2013 12:42 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 30, 2013 12:39 PM

Oct 2011
Ah so close. OMG AE !!!!! NOOOOOO!!!

The magazine was not important for the crime scen??? : 0

dat reveal 0______0

Since everyone agreed to find out the mastermind, so no more murders/trials then? Since Sakura pulled off her first plan to stop this monster.
AnimeFan500Aug 30, 2013 12:58 PM
Aug 30, 2013 2:29 PM

May 2012
Since so many are asking, I'll try and explain the relevance of the magazine to the game (from memory, so I may have gotten some details wrong.
Aug 30, 2013 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
Already imagined that Sakura would commit suicide. Kirigiri displays a sense of knowledge about the situation. I was curious at what Sakura wrote the letter in part that Monokuma would not read.
Aug 30, 2013 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
And later that night, Togami had explosive diarrhea.

Just kidding. But seriously that bottle still has dangerous residue! He's too flashy for his own good haha.

tingy said:
zakkun89 said:

Also,how did she just waltz into Naegi's room in the middle of the night? I thought all the student's rooms are locked?

I haven't played past this point though so I don't know if it's significant yet. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case but I doubt it since they explained it when she was still in the room so they completely skipped it in the anime.
JovyAug 30, 2013 3:01 PM
Aug 30, 2013 3:39 PM

May 2013
Jovy said:
And later that night, Togami had explosive diarrhea.

Just kidding. But seriously that bottle still has dangerous residue! He's too flashy for his own good haha.

tingy said:
zakkun89 said:

I haven't played past this point though so I don't know if it's significant yet. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case but I doubt it since they explained it when she was still in the room so they completely skipped it in the anime.

IIRC, there was a reason Naegi left the door open. Maybe not. Been awhile since I've played the game.

Or, we're all wrong, and Kirigiri could suddenly phase through walls as if it were nothing.
Aug 30, 2013 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
Wow wasn't expecting suicide from Sakura at all, especially in the previous one when she said "I'm gonna take care of Monokuma".

So much stuff went down in this episode, my suspect was Togami for this one, but I'm glad he didn't kill her.

The after credits scene was awesome, the 16th student is a girl? (that's how my subs told me), anyway can't wait to see "her" in action.

Poor Alter Ego doe.
Aug 30, 2013 4:03 PM

Apr 2013
Ramkec said:
Wow wasn't expecting suicide from Sakura at all, especially in the previous one when she said "I'm gonna take care of Monokuma".

So much stuff went down in this episode, my suspect was Togami for this one, but I'm glad he didn't kill her.

The after credits scene was awesome, the 16th student is a girl? (that's how my subs told me), anyway can't wait to see "her" in action.

Poor Alter Ego doe.

It's "I'm gonna take care of Monobisexual without any of YOU needing to die".
I've capsed it because bold doesnt work . And I did it on purpose to make it obvious.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 30, 2013 4:44 PM
May 2011
Sakura is a terrible friend, what did she think this would accomplish, nearly got everyone killed? DUMB BITCH THANK GOD SHE DIED
Aug 30, 2013 5:01 PM

May 2012
Alright now that almost everybody is dead, I thinks its time to work together. Anyway this episode was deep. Can't wait to see the sixteen student.
Aug 30, 2013 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
hybrid100 said:
Sakura is a terrible friend, what did she think this would accomplish, nearly got everyone killed? DUMB BITCH THANK GOD SHE DIED
Sakura just saved the current students asses by breaking the chain of murders as well as in death brought together the 6 students to begin rebelling against monobear, even the guy whos been saying hes going to kill the entire series. I think you completely missed the point

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 30, 2013 5:20 PM
Aug 2013
hybrid100 said:

please tell me this is a joke
Aug 30, 2013 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
He's an idiot dont mind him .
Aug 30, 2013 5:40 PM
Oct 2010
that was almost sad
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 30, 2013 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
The episode was actually quite good. The trial didn't seem rushed, and Sakura's letter was done well. Prior to this episode I was in despair, but I will not lose hope for the last four episodes!
Aug 30, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
AngelicHowl said:
The episode was actually quite good. The trial didn't seem rushed, and Sakura's letter was done well. Prior to this episode I was in despair, but I will not lose hope for the last four episodes!

You spoiled yourself havent you?
Aug 30, 2013 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
The episodes have been slowly getting better... I have high hopes for the rest of the season! 8/10 thus far.

Though was anyone else expecting Monobear to punish Naegi and Kirigiri for being up and about at 3AM?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2013 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
THEY DID THAT FINAL LINE PERFECTLY
SO MANY FEELS THIS EPISODE
Aug 30, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2012
Finally a good episode!
Now I want to see who this other student is.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

434 by Jax »»
Feb 7, 5:07 AM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.