Forum Settings
Forums

What manga would you NEVER recommend and DEFINITELY recommend to read?

New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 6, 2014 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
never : inazuma eleven - so far from anime,

recomend :
Giant killing - this series is good,,got addicted day after day
holyland - wow,,never read good material art before as this one,
Aug 6, 2014 10:44 AM

Oct 2008
NEVER:

Angel Densetsu: Had some funny moments in the beginning, but started to become very repetetive.

GWI: Good art, everything else is shit

Eden It's an endless world: After reading a couple volumes I was amazed by how good it was. Really awesome. But the mangaka fucked it up so bad that I wish I'd never started reading it.

Defenitely:

Feng Shen Ji: Definition of epic. Stunning coloured! art, great characters, story, fights.

Sekitou no Elergy: Funny romance which made me lough out loud many times. Not fully translated though....

Dorohedoro: Great seinen with unique art and amazing characters, villains are awesome.
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Aug 6, 2014 9:38 PM

Jun 2014
I recommend Toukyou Kushu/Tokyo Ghoul.
The reason?: Psychologically makes me feel for the main character
Aug 9, 2014 2:38 AM

May 2013
]Never : Tokyo Summer of the Dead, full of clichés about zombies.
Bleach, just watch COVERS !!!
Vampire Knight, ... e_________e
Twilight, oh yes it's a manga .... TwT

Defenitely :
Monster, just ihvprzGNHR%EHG%Ehi.
Prophecy (and all Tsutsui masterpieces)
Goth.
Pandora Hearts.
LampadaireAug 9, 2014 3:49 AM
Aug 9, 2014 2:47 AM

Jun 2014
I recommend toriko manga, it's damn good.

I would never recommend one piece.
*Checks SetsukoHara favorite list.* has one piece as favorite in manga section. Confirm op fanboy. Tries to change subject because I'm talking negative about his favorite series. One piece fanboy logic detected.
Sep 4, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2012
Never recommend:
Akame ga Kill - Bland cardboard-thin characters, plot is incredibly contrived, drama is forced, pacing feels unnatural.
Minamoto-kun Monogatari - The romance doesn't go anywhere, it's just mindless sex/fanservice. Again, the plot is contrived and doesn't make much sense.

Recommend:
Dorohedoro - Unique. Amazing character designs, dark humour, intriguing plot that has surprises around every corner.
Pandora Hearts - One of the few shounen series' I actually like. Likeable characters, elegant art/character designs, detailed plot involving many characters. Starts off in a rather clichéd manner, but gets better shortly after.
Nickelodeon - A series of one-shots by Dowman Sayman. The artwork and dialogue exchanges in particular are very unique, and the comedy is ingenious.
Sep 5, 2014 5:23 AM

Oct 2008
NEVER

Hapi Mari: I had some hopes on this one when I started it, but the girl is plain dumb, and the boy is too abusive. They have (IMHO) a sick relationship which is portrayed as a healthy one.

ALWAYS

Reimei no Arcana: I choose this one instead of Dorohedoro or Berserk because it's not so widely known and it needs to. The female MC is just so badass she could survive without any men around. The male MC starts like a brat but develops into someone really cool. The relationship between the main characters is just so real you can actually believe that is how it would go if it was reality. And the art is really nice too.
If it has solution, don't bother; and if it hasn't, why bothering?

Do you like manga? http://gunjoteam.com
Sep 5, 2014 8:33 PM
Jun 2009
Since I never read manga I don't like, I don't have any manga that I wouldn't recommend. But I would totally recommend:
1) SENYUU because it is hilarious as hell but with subtle sadness in the background. The art is amazingly simple and lazy that it would make you laugh and the characters are just stupid losers that you can't help but love.

2)Sket dance, once again hilarious with great characters

3) Eyeshield 21, one of the best sport manga there is but is overshadowed by the newbies like hakyuu or karoku no basket. It has such beautiful art too.

4) One punch man, beautiful art and intriguing characters

5)Otoyomegatari, beautiful art and portrays another culture, putting in wonderful details, such as a complex turkic embroidery, that is passed from generation to generation, in order to accumulate more knowledge for us the readers to understand and respect.
Sep 6, 2014 12:33 AM
Feb 2011
Definitely:

One-Punch Man: A deconstruction of the common overpowered superheroes and society-based-on-heroes tropes, this manga depicts the daily struggles of Saitama, a short tempered, ignorant hero-for-a-hobby with the amazing ability to defeat anyone in one punch, who battles the day to day life of crime fighting, house chores, and buying discount produce at the corner store before the sale ends. The characters are deep, and the fights last a lot longer than you think they would, while giving a great sense of humor and thought into the story. I recommend reading the original webcomic by ONE, even though the art isn't as good. The story goes further there.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Though the series certainly doesn't lack the craziness in its namesake, the story and characters are extremely well thought out, some even being arguably some of the most enjoyable protagonists to watch, and holds the reads asking for more. Though starting out as a satire on Fist of the North Star, the story becomes more complex, introducing the abilities and memes we all know and love in a truly free flowing manga that always keeps you guessing. Will my favorite characters be killed off soon? Will the hero's actually have a chance to defeat the clearly overpowered villains. Though JoJo isn't one of the best manga out there, it does it's job well, which is to give the reader a run for their money. It might not be completely deep, nor are every fight and situations solved in reasonable ways (heck, some victories just seem to make no sense whatsoever, leaving a somewhat disappointing turnabout. Though, these are few and far between.), it's still an enjoyable ride to witness unfold in the decades this manga's been going.
Sep 6, 2014 2:50 AM

Feb 2014
Definitely

- Tower of God

Now I know it's not classified as a manga (it's a korean manwha webcomic) but you can still read it on all notable manga sites. The plot is absolutely fantastic, with amazing twists and characters that are created very very well. The arcs it has are all intertwined (it's just started the third main arc, but still has references to the first and second) and the way it's presented leaves you thinking you know everything, but then in a few chapters, you realise you were completely wrong. I do admit though, the art is nothing to go cazy about, but i's still done very well

- Horimiya

A really well done rom-com manga that doesn't involve all the typical shoujo elements, but takes a better aspect on school life. the review here is much better than the one on MAL.
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Horimiya

Never

Can't really think of any, but if I had to choose, a crappy slice of life that completely copies Lucky Star. Eg. Azumanga Daioh. Bleargh
"Life is basically like a soap bubble. It rides on the wind, flying here and there... and before you realize it - pop! It's gone. When it's about to disappear, you think that you could've flown a little higher. But by the time, it's already too late."
-Sakata Gintoki
Sep 6, 2014 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Never: "I can't really think of many series which I would never recommend other than the obvious, obnoxiously-long and progressively cliche and melodramatic ones".

Definitely: Akame ga Kiru. I found it really entertaining, personally, and I thought the story was engaging. The art is also rather nice.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1054 by Francis_0 »»
5 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.