3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
1.9%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.7
52 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2009 12:51 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
over all, this was a great anime. everything is happily ever after type of thing. some of the characters were annoying and some were ok. there at the end though it got too preachy about protecting the environment and all that junk. other than that it was fun to watch.
Feb 1, 2009 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, it was good for a kiddy anime. I always like watching stuff about people trying to survive on strange planets
Jul 12, 2009 6:44 PM
Jan 2009
well, i don't think its a kiddy anime (although i first watch it when i was a kid) but now i still like it. the story and characters were really developing throughout the anime and they thought me many things.
so, just wanna say that "i love this anime~!"
Jan 4, 2010 7:35 AM
Nov 2009
Great anime. I watched it throughout all 52 episodes and wasn't bored at all, not for a single episode.
Yes, it's kind of kiddy, but not in a bad sense of this word :)
Feb 22, 2010 2:11 PM
Mar 2008
I really liked the first half, but when they introduced that stupid annoying alien it got worse, but still enjoyable. Great characters, they all received a lot of development. Some romance wouldn't have hurt (especially from Kaoru, it seemed he was in love with Luna but nothing ever happened, what a bummer) but it's fine anyway.
Very good series, 8/10.
another_anonMay 20, 2010 1:33 PM
Apr 6, 2010 10:19 AM
May 2008
I really enjoyed the first half aswell, for me though as soon as they decided to go to the mainland the series went downhill pretty fast. Still good but nowhere near as good.
Jul 5, 2010 12:41 PM

Nov 2009
I really liked this series which surprised me a lot. I knew from the beginning it's going to be "kiddy anime" but i found it very interesting and entertaining.

9/10
Dec 20, 2011 11:16 AM

Nov 2008
Really great series overall. At first when i started watching it , knowning it's all ages rated i didin't expect a lot from it , but as the number of episodes increased it started to relly absorb me. Quite pity it's a "kiddy anime", because i love the "survival" aspect in anime and manga, in which in the first one there are only few titles (Mugen no Ryvius; Jyu Oh Sei; Now and Then, Here and There).

Very interesting and entertaining - 9/10

draker said:
Some romance wouldn't have hurt (especially from Kaoru, it seemed he was in love with Luna but nothing ever happened, what a bummer) but it's fine anyway.

And i hoped for something like Bell with Luna and Sharla with Howard.
Guess that's romance in ' kiddy anime' for you .
Aug 3, 2012 2:36 PM

Jun 2012
I loved it. Although I'd liked a little romance in the show, I think in the end it turned out well, one of my fav animes of all times :)
Feb 28, 2017 9:31 PM

Oct 2008
I really loved this anime!
9/10 for me. Everything wrapped up nicely...and we even got a glimpse into their futures. ^_^

Happy, happy, ha......

IREALLYWANTEDTOSEELUNA&KAORUSBABIES

WHYYYYYYYY

Whatever, I'll just draw fanart. T__T
Aug 19, 2017 7:11 AM

Mar 2016
This anime was definitely something special for the majority of its run. Incredible pacing within epiosdes and across episodes, a high level of engagability in every episode, a varied cast of characters that developed well with each other, smart writing and colorful art and good character designs. However, once they reached the mainland and the show became more about adventure than survival, it became a huge disappointment, with more silliness than we had seen previously. All those good things were thrown out the window and replaced with stuff that I didn't care about.

I would have preferred it remain a survival show throughout its entire runtime. The first 29(?) episodes were perfect. Howard was definitely the best character.
syncrogazerAug 19, 2017 7:16 AM
Dec 9, 2018 5:12 AM

May 2010
A really underated show, the whole alien and nanomachine part went over my head. I really wished the Kaoru and Luna thing happened. Oh well...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 17, 2019 5:55 AM

Dec 2007
After... third or fourth rewatch? XD still this anime can't be boring no matter how much times i'm watching this, the only thing that bothers me is that since ep26 it's getting worse but still enjoyable and the last couple of episodes was totally not seems like the rest of the show - from surviving show to action show and then adventure show to "rescue the planet" show, just too much in one anime, but still enjoying and as always when I finished anime\movies I want to watch again...
Mar 18, 2019 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
Lmao, Howard became an actor 👍🏻

This was a pretty enjoyable series, but wow, the conclusion really revalued my overall impression.

I didn't realize how attached I've gotten to these characters and seeing the credits along with the endcard let me even feel a bit wistful. The whole cast had pretty decent characterization and I liked that they spent enough time on that aspect. Most of the flashbacks which added to that were also good. Plenty of development was also shown and not in a sense of a 180 degree turn, but rather in a more subtle and organic manner.

I also liked how much this reminded me at Digimon and my early childhood, too bad that nowadays they don't make stuff like this anymore.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 22, 2019 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
I see they managed to deflect the gravity storm from the planet, thanks to Survive and Luna. The moment between Luna and her dad was heartwarming. I wonder what happened to her powers though, but I think they disappeared or something, they didn't dwell much on their existence after the saga. They also didn't mention to what happened to Survive, but I think he lives on somewhere and protects the planet in his way. It also seems the people who migrated 1000yrs ago have come back, thanks to the team. Menori really liked Adam, to be able to give him her precious violin, that was pretty sweet. "Planet Survive" is a fitting word for the planet!

The timeskip was a nice touch. I expected it, and it wouldn't have been a great ending without one. Seems like everyone is living their dreams, Howard an actor, Sharla a fantasy novel writer and Menori the secretary. It looks like Luna's personal mission is to restore earth and make it habitable again, I guess she's confident now after saving planet survive. Wish I was there to witness the journey.

This was an enjoyable series. The characters were all memorable, the animation was a bit good, but the music was okay. They only used one opening for all the 52 episodes, I mean change Would've been great. The plot was predictable in some ways but I enjoyed it, and that's all that matters. Howard was the worst person I've seen, but he had that charm in him that made me not to hate him. He was goofy and a coward, so he didn't back up his stinking attitude, and that's probably why the rest of the group didn't take him seriously.

Wouldn't mind a reboot or a second season in future.

8/10.
lihle808Oct 22, 2019 9:13 AM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 14, 2020 8:05 AM
Dec 2014
This show is left to the dustbin of anime history, but its a really good tale that we don't see anymore. NHK did it again.
May 15, 2021 6:33 PM
Dec 2019
syncrogazer said:
This anime was definitely something special for the majority of its run. Incredible pacing within epiosdes and across episodes, a high level of engagability in every episode, a varied cast of characters that developed well with each other, smart writing and colorful art and good character designs. However, once they reached the mainland and the show became more about adventure than survival, it became a huge disappointment, with more silliness than we had seen previously. All those good things were thrown out the window and replaced with stuff that I didn't care about.

I would have preferred it remain a survival show throughout its entire runtime. The first 29(?) episodes were perfect. Howard was definitely the best character.

I agree with all of that except for Howard being the best character lol. The last 6 or so episodes really soured the show for me and I think everything after 29 was just repeating stuff anyway. Group gets a setback, group sets their emotions aside and deals with it and they make it through.

I'd like to edit it so that the bad guys don't crash into the ruin and the crew finds the gravity device to put into the ruin and escape the planet. EDIT: I have uploaded an alternative ending using episode 33 as I've described. See the forum topic for it.

Also if there's one thing that was wrong with the show within those 29 episodes it'd be introducing Adam, who did nothing the entire show and added no entertainment value.
RecynonMay 15, 2021 8:10 PM
Jun 18, 2021 2:55 PM

Jun 2019
My 91st completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Mar 3, 2022 6:55 AM

Jan 2008
If a sequel were ever to happen, it's gonna be Star Wars because hey, humans are greedy and will want at some point to get their hands on Planet Survive and its natural resources. Besides, how the hell did they manage to establish trade routes with the aliens? Weren't those wormholes supposed to be unlikely events still very much shrouded in mystery? Or maybe the aliens initiated the exchange from their side? Which is the most likely scenario, as the series only hinted at humans having colonized as far as Pluto, and didn't appear to have technology capable of interstellar travel. Or maybe the ship the kids flew back home with got confiscated and successfully reverse-engineered? Bad move, aliens, very bad move. And I guess the terraforming machine standing behind Luna in the final scene was also acquired from those very aliens? Many questions are left unanswered.

Anyway the series pretty much went downhill for me from the moment Howard and Sharla got swallowed by the quicksand, and then we got introduced to Darth Survive and its stormtrooper drones. The last ten episodes or so felt way too rushed, and I found it increasingly hard to keep caring for the characters.

Chako also never quite sat well with me, being a way too convenient mascot character. "Her" crying hot tears at Luna's sacrifice was rather an amusing sight. Was their AI tech this much advanced?

Well, I'm admittedly too old for this show, which is definitely better enjoyed as a naïve tale on ecology. 6/10
MythiaMar 3, 2022 7:01 AM
You just can't spell slaughter without laughter...
May 30, 2022 4:16 AM

Dec 2007
Mythia said:
If a sequel were ever to happen, it's gonna be Star Wars because hey, humans are greedy and will want at some point to get their hands on Planet Survive and its natural resources. Besides, how the hell did they manage to establish trade routes with the aliens? Weren't those wormholes supposed to be unlikely events still very much shrouded in mystery? Or maybe the aliens initiated the exchange from their side? Which is the most likely scenario, as the series only hinted at humans having colonized as far as Pluto, and didn't appear to have technology capable of interstellar travel. Or maybe the ship the kids flew back home with got confiscated and successfully reverse-engineered? Bad move, aliens, very bad move. And I guess the terraforming machine standing behind Luna in the final scene was also acquired from those very aliens? Many questions are left unanswered.

Anyway the series pretty much went downhill for me from the moment Howard and Sharla got swallowed by the quicksand, and then we got introduced to Darth Survive and its stormtrooper drones. The last ten episodes or so felt way too rushed, and I found it increasingly hard to keep caring for the characters.

Chako also never quite sat well with me, being a way too convenient mascot character. "Her" crying hot tears at Luna's sacrifice was rather an amusing sight. Was their AI tech this much advanced?

Well, I'm admittedly too old for this show, which is definitely better enjoyed as a naïve tale on ecology. 6/10
you gave too much thinking for kid's show lol.
if there would be a sequel, it won't be star wars like at all. at the very least it will be like YAT, which is honestly kind of spiritual sequel lol.
Oct 9, 2023 7:46 PM

Jul 2013
Loved the show. I just wish they gave us a little peek into what Adam was doing at the end of the series just like they showed other characters. (Adam was my favourite character because he was so sweet and humble).

I wish Luna and Adam had a farewell scene like Menori. Luna was almost like a mother to Adam. The last 4-5 episodes were super rushed. They needed 2 episodes more. Overall it was a great show!

8/10 from me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mujin Wakusei Survive Episode 46 Discussion

danz - Dec 17, 2014

5 by kiwre »»
Jan 23, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Uninhabited Planet Survive Episode 42 Discussion

iTZAvishay - Sep 16, 2012

5 by kiwre »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Mujin Wakusei Survive Episode 36 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 11, 2019

7 by HellindiuM »»
Sep 24, 2023 4:10 PM

» I just gotta Rant

fheggy101 - Jul 11, 2022

2 by MariusDarkblade »»
Jul 3, 2023 12:08 AM

» What happened to Adam?

nadsgarden - Jun 19, 2023

2 by MariusDarkblade »»
Jul 2, 2023 11:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.