Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2013 3:25 PM

Mar 2013
Theaticle release will be Q1 2015, and a trailer at the end of 2013.

Runtime will be around 2hr30.

Anno also spoke about the rebuild series so far.

"In the original series, we had twenty six 20 minute episodes plus an hour and a half long movie to develop characters."
"In the New Theatrical Version, we had just 4 movies roughly an hour and a half long each, we had to make concessions when it came to character development."
"Additionally to make sure it (New theatrical Version) wouldn't simply be the TV series condensed into movie format, I added a new character to radically alter the feeling (of the movies)"
"I wanted Mari to destroy Evangelion so I could rebuild it anew, but we had no idea what to do with her. In retrospect we probably should have planned out her place in advance rather than add her in on a whim (laughs)."
"I promise she [Mari] will play a large role in the final film, and all loose ends will be tied up. I hope you will look forward to the conclusion."
Aug 28, 2013 6:14 PM

Jul 2013
Yes. Just yes.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Aug 28, 2013 8:20 PM
May 2013
I'm glad to a response to Mari.
Aug 29, 2013 4:59 AM
Dec 2012
There isn't a source, so this announcement is fake.

>> http://boards.4chan.org/a/res/92339035
Sep 1, 2013 12:43 PM
Jul 2010
Is this for real?
If the part about Mari's true... DAMMIT Anno, you managed to troll millions of people AGAIN...
Sep 1, 2013 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
"I wanted Mari to destroy Evangelion so I could rebuild it anew, but we had no idea what to do with her. In retrospect we probably should have planned out her place in advance rather than add her in on a whim (laughs)." :)

"all loose ends will be tied up" Orly?

Is this news even true? Where's the source?
Sep 29, 2013 9:05 AM

Jun 2013
Isn't the name "Evangelion 4.0: You Can (Not) Repeat"?
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 7, 2013 11:48 PM

May 2013
This really had me going for a second there... Either way, I seriously hope it runs at 2 hours and 30 minutes or more.
Dec 10, 2013 12:22 AM
Nov 2013
It wont. It will run just around 1hr 10min; just long enough to explain nothing. Shinji will wander around the AAAWunder in despair. Asuka and everyone will further reject him because of 4th impact(maybe even physically abuse him). Kaworu will still be dead. His Rei(2.0) will still be dead. Rei 3.0 will remain an emotionless clone. He will start yet another impact with Unit-01, and if he rejects the 5th impact and saves the day, nothing will change. He will realize he saved them for nothing as they further mistreat him toward the end, simply for getting in Eva again. And most likely commit suicide.

And thats about as bright of an outcome we should expect from Anno at this point.
HopemynamewillfiDec 10, 2013 12:30 AM
Dec 12, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2013
Hopemynamewillfi said:
It wont. It will run just around 1hr 10min; just long enough to explain nothing. Shinji will wander around the AAAWunder in despair. Asuka and everyone will further reject him because of 4th impact(maybe even physically abuse him). Kaworu will still be dead. His Rei(2.0) will still be dead. Rei 3.0 will remain an emotionless clone. He will start yet another impact with Unit-01, and if he rejects the 5th impact and saves the day, nothing will change. He will realize he saved them for nothing as they further mistreat him toward the end, simply for getting in Eva again. And most likely commit suicide.

And thats about as bright of an outcome we should expect from Anno at this point.

Don't lose all hope yet!

In all seriousness, I kinda want Anno to troll us again. If he wont, I might actually be a bit disappointed. It wouldn't feel like Evangelion.
Dec 19, 2013 10:47 PM
Nov 2013
cupc said:
Hopemynamewillfi said:

Don't lose all hope yet!

In all seriousness, I kinda want Anno to troll us again. If he wont, I might actually be a bit disappointed. It wouldn't feel like Evangelion.

Meh. I was hoping for a reasonable sequel to 2.0. Wanting to see the mysteries behind Mark.06, see what new story angles Kaji would bring into light, understand who Mari was working for, and watch the world react to the aftermath of the almost 3rd impact.

Rather we got a 3.0 that felt like Anno HAD a bright and exciting story planned, then decided to pretend that the last 20 seconds of 2.0 never happened, and start the movie with nothing to fight for and nobody to fight for because the returning cast was either a c**t, a clone, or nonexsistent. Now how is 4.0 supposed to turn that around?
Dec 19, 2013 10:55 PM

Jan 2013
petch said:
Runtime will be around 2hr30.

blatant false promise.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 21, 2013 2:31 AM

Jun 2013
I expect it to be about 1 hour 45min or 2 hours long.
May 12, 2014 1:49 AM

Jan 2013
We are in 2014 and still no trailer :(
I hope NGE will have a great ending.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 28, 2014 4:24 AM

May 2013
petch said:
"I promise she [Mari] will play a large role in the final film, and all loose ends will be tied up. I hope you will look forward to the conclusion."

Please not only Mari, but also Misato, Rei and Asuka. They were shoehorned in the latest film.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 28, 2014 6:15 AM
Jun 2013
As a standalone film, Eva 3.0 is a shitty filler film which makes no sense and creates so much confusion that it would turn someone into a homicidal maniac. Then they make you wait 3 fucking years for the next installment for it to explain everything. Also the scenes from the preview at the end of 3.0 have a 99.9% chance of not actually being in 4.0 and I certainly hope they won't as the CG was absolute trash. Thanks to to 3.0, Eva 4.0 has to give all or flop. There is no other option. It either makes sense of 3.0 or the Rebuild series is fucked beyond repair.
May 28, 2014 6:22 AM
Aug 2012
Yeesh I thought the best thing about this Rebuild series is that this time the creators actually know how it begins and how it should end. Unlike the original series everything would be planned out.
I questioned it after 3.0, and now what he says about Mari pretty much confirmed they had no idea what they were doing.
Jul 16, 2014 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
itran1 said:
As a standalone film, Eva 3.0 is a shitty filler film which makes no sense and creates so much confusion that it would turn someone into a homicidal maniac. Then they make you wait 3 fucking years for the next installment for it to explain everything. Also the scenes from the preview at the end of 3.0 have a 99.9% chance of not actually being in 4.0 and I certainly hope they won't as the CG was absolute trash. Thanks to to 3.0, Eva 4.0 has to give all or flop. There is no other option. It either makes sense of 3.0 or the Rebuild series is fucked beyond repair.

"As a standalone film, Eva 3.0 is a shitty filler film which makes no sense"

This is the third part of a four part story (and it's an Eva story at that so it's not exactly simpleton stuff). Of course it doesn't make sense in isolation.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

S0UVIK - Aug 12, 2021

326 by Ten »»
Apr 8, 4:57 PM

Poll: » time loop or multiverse?

deg - Mar 19

11 by Bkm1995 »»
Mar 20, 9:16 PM

» Shinji's Jersey from EVA STORE

hohofish - Apr 15, 2021

1 by 1016jersey »»
Mar 15, 12:03 PM

» Shin Evangelion Movie: II???? Why change the title now?

Cestlavie_ - Nov 25, 2023

10 by Lucifrost »»
Feb 6, 8:40 AM

» Employee recruitment for the production of 3.0+1.0.

zacky1312 - May 23, 2018

2 by simeji8043 »»
Jan 22, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.