Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 6, 2009 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
First reply regarding this series from my side:

It was very weird in the first episode and wasn't that exciting in the ones following, but with this episode it's gotten very good. The slow yet somehow fast paced story is very interesting for me.

Though I really wouldn't have gone out with that manager. I mean why wasn't he more angry about her money offer? I would have been angry. Very much...
Feb 6, 2009 8:16 PM
Nov 2008
I'll probably keep on watching this for a couple more episodes, but honestly it's been a real letdown. I thought this was going to be my favorite show of this season, because it's right up my alley, romance anime with a bit of music thrown in.. however this show is moving VERY slow with very little character or plot development.
Feb 7, 2009 4:59 AM

Nov 2008
this is sooooo messed up
i dunno a bout misaki but she has this aiko from last year show true tears vibe to her ..desperate for love..
the manager -what she is doing is wrong
haruka-the best one so far
yuki-poor girl
rina-i love rina the most -seems like she's trying to convice herself that she's not in love with toyua
touya-i hope he doesn't turn like mokoto
Feb 7, 2009 4:38 PM

Aug 2008
Ew when that plain guy(Touya) kept checking out yuki's manger, I nearly gagged.
I really want this to end like School Days xD
Yuki and Rina live happily and yurily
and Touya dies.
Feb 8, 2009 12:45 PM

Oct 2008
Totally unexpected..

Ogata Rina getting into the scandal of "buying tobacco while being a minor" sounds quite familiar. This occurs quite often as the fact that debut singers tend to face people with jealousy quite often, if not a shield tactic by some producer or staff who had committed embezzlement or fraud is also common. Poor Rina-chan!!! (>_<)

Feb 9, 2009 9:55 AM

Jul 2008
Ah, started the show today and caught up already ^^

well I thought the first episodes were kinda interesting, but now it's starting to annoy me already >_<;
I'm sorry, but Touya is an idiot, why would he go on a date with the manager? Didn't he notice that she has no good intentions? But yeah, maybe after a few hours everything will be fine and... what? just what did he expect?
I agree with the people here who said that he was to passively falling from one situation into the next without doing much by himself.

(and as an advice: talking does help in a relationship... )
Feb 14, 2009 9:04 PM

Nov 2007
This series takes its plot and characters so seriously ... I was rolling my eyes when the drama club guys delegated all the work to Misaki and she looked like she was about to cry. Are they the only members? If they treat her like that, why should she follow their orders? Anyway, it didn't seem reason enough for her to go crying to Touya like she was being physically threatened or something. (Maybe I just dislike Misaki because it's obvious to me that Akira's better than Touya, and she doesn't have a clue...)

There's a whole lot of bizarreness here (as others have mentioned). I'll probably keep watching it for the lulz, but I can't really take it as a "serious, realistic" drama at this point. (Not that it was very realistic to begin with, what with the harem-feel.)

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Feb 17, 2009 1:43 AM

Jan 2008
Oh god, Yuki' manager is all over Touyo too? What's her motive?
Mar 17, 2009 8:16 PM

Dec 2007
Oh my god. I dropped this series a while back, but my friend talked me into picking it back up, and I'm glad he did. Yuki's crazy succubus of a manager is awesome.

I don't care what anyone says - I'm enjoying this series. Lately it feels like I've been watching shows just to see how fast I can finish them, but for some reason or another this one's been keeping my interest start-to-finish every time. Don't ask me why.
Mar 28, 2009 11:05 PM

Jul 2008
Yuki's manager clearly doesn't have her best interest at heart. I don't get why in all this series, people always think that a chick having a boyfriend will get in the way of her career. I mean, sure, it happens, but it's not like Yuki's consistently blowing off work to go see him. She missed one lesson. She hardly sees or talks to him as it is. Does she think that Yuki would be better off alone and heartbroken?
Jun 20, 2009 1:56 AM

Jul 2008
hwo far can a manager go? now things are getting complicated.

Jun 21, 2009 8:50 AM

Feb 2008
And another person steps up to join the "harem".

Poor Misaki too..
Oct 4, 2009 9:24 PM

Jan 2009
I hardly see Shinozuka kissing Touya to confuse him, It seems that he has his mind set up on Yuki but there are so many obstacles, I find it quite unrealistic that Yuki and Touya can't be together, I mean, if they both love each other so much, why she doesn't just leave this job eh? Besides, why in the fucking hell Touya even accepted to go out with Shinozuka on a date if he has a girlfriend? Now she has more reasons to blackmail him :/

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 6, 2009 11:28 PM
Jul 2009
Such a damn ladies man. Everyone wants him to be the shoulder to cry on. It's getting a little ridiculous and out of hand. Still interesting though. I want to continue and see where he takes this.
Apr 2, 2011 2:09 PM

Sep 2010
Why do people use that "i cant stand any of the characters...theyre unlikable" as an excuse to ding the series? It seems they dont have a good understanding of how real life works. This series is greattttt
Aug 13, 2012 12:38 AM

Sep 2011
LOL at people comparing this anime (as of right now) to School Days and Touya to Makoto.

Now see if that was Makoto, he would be all over that ass as we speak. Touya is doing a pretty good job at controlling himself to be honest, I don't see why everyone is bitching!
Sep 9, 2012 10:58 PM

Nov 2011
Inb4 Nice Boat ending but seriously, that manager is weird kissing him in the cab.
Dec 20, 2012 6:49 PM

Dec 2007
Things are getting interesting. The manager is okay. She's kind of a boring character though. She's just devoted to her job, and there isn't much to her life. That professor to Miisaka is a creep.
Jul 8, 2013 5:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Secret room inside the restaurant, I wonder what's inside there. Music Studio perhaps?

I kind of don't like Touya, but I can't hate him because he's having a tough time. Yuki is his girlfriend and they've been together since high school. Yuki truly loves him, and if she were to lose him she would probably also have a tough time with her career. It's as if Yuki is singing for Touya, and a breakup would hurt her career as well.

The manager is making herself become an easy person. Like seriously paying Touya to get in bed with her just so that she can see Touya break up with Yuki.

Oct 15, 2013 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
A preface before I start: I think cheating is one of the most disgusting things in this world.

What a lucky little ^&$$#% Touya is. Christmas cakes are my weakness and dammit if I was in his shoes, I don't know what I'd do.

Even though this is turning into quite the harem, it's still more realistic than most of the stuff I'm used to seeing. This is how real life works. No one really gets stuck on one person to the extent that anime likes to show. People move on and usually have a few options available. Granted it's all focused on Touya but you can do this with any character really. Of course, it'd be nice if the world worked like anime likes us to think it does but that's not the case unfortunately.

I'm still feeling that something is off though. It's like they're putting too many secrets in right away and it's just leaving me feeling confused. I talked about this in an earlier episode discussion. While I'm not sure if it's true, I think they're trying to jam stuff from all the routes into the episodes. For example, there's definitely something up with Akira's past and now we know there's something similar going on with Misaki.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 12, 2014 8:04 AM

May 2012
Didn't really expect this kind of development but well this is getting quite interesting!
Mar 27, 2015 6:31 AM

May 2009
Wow. Where is this show going. At this point I'm rather confused.
I still kind of want to know what it's all about. But a conclusion I can make is that everyone loves Touya for some unknown reason. XD

At this point I just don't want a School Days ending. Lol. Not guessing it will be like that but still.. Everything seems so oddly weird.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 16, 2015 1:58 AM

Feb 2013
Aww, yuki fell asleep. No sex for you! lol

Yuki's manager got really bold. Tayou got a handfull of her boob! She want's to replace Yuki, but why? Is it just so that Tayou can't hold back Yuki or is it because she wants him?

Npt much Rina this episode except that flashback of her. That was some nice information.

Now I know why it showed that closet. That entire little wall section moves out of place! What a secret room!

I wonder why Misaki is crying. She doesn't know what to do? What does she mean by that?
Jan 18, 2016 9:31 AM
Jun 2014
Fuck is wrong with this anime? When adapting a vn why don't they just stick with the route that makes the most sense? In this case, i'd obviously go for Yuki as the end girl, Rina just doesn't sit right with me. She just latched on out of nowhere for seemingly no reason. Did she just want to win Yuki's boyfriend? was that it? The other girls just feels like extras, and annoying story interrupters at that.

And what was up with Yayoi trying to make Touyo break up with Yuki? Honestly, I did understand where she came from, but i don't like that part of idol life so i don't agree with it.. Anyway.. What she said held some weight UNTIL she fucking started hitting on Toyua herself. The whole thing can be read as her trying to get him away from Yuki for her own benefit.
Feb 26, 2017 11:22 PM

Aug 2009
sweet jesus shinozuka

well its like mc entering route for every single heroine possible... gonna be a pain in the ballsacks
Apr 19, 2019 3:48 AM

Aug 2017
Adding manager to harem, this is a brilliant and unexpected development! She's hot, he should go for it. Forget about plain Jane Yuki already! Lots of other good girls also in the harem, very nice!

May 22, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2021
Manager best girl, don't @ me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » White Album Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 3, 2009

109 by RGreatDanton »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » White Album Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

57 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:38 AM

» VN

OppaiSugoi - Jul 17, 2023

1 by Thatboidriz »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.